Ken Jeong halts comedy routine to give audience member medical care

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Ken Jeong halts comedy routine to give audience member medical care

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2018/05/06/ken-jeong-stops-standup-comedy-routine-give-woman-medical-assistance/584891002/

Quote:
Ken Jeong halts comedy routine, jumps from stage to give audience member medical care

Page Ken Jeong and he comes to the rescue. Even if the physician-turned-comedian is in the middle of his comedy routine.

That happened at the Stand Up Live Comedy Club in Phoenix on Saturday night during Jeong's routine. The trained physician and former star of ABC's Dr. Ken jumped from the stage to help a woman in the third row who required medical assistance.

The comedian's publicist Michelle Margolis confirmed Jeong's aid at the club, as first reported by TMZ.

Jeong, 48, was admirable in his actions, says Heather Holmberg, a Phoenix resident who was in the audience.

"It’s a wonderful story. It was such perfect timing: Ken just jumped from the stage to help," says Holmberg, noting that the woman appeared to be having a seizure. An EMT in the audience also provided quick assistance.

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

Heather Holmberg AT TippedHatEnt

@kenjeong at Stand Up Live! A woman had a medical emergency during the show. Ken thinks its heckling, when people are asking for his help. He jumps off stage to assist. An EMT helped, too. Then on with the show! Great night! He is gracious and grateful...AND flipping funny!

1:07 AM - May 6, 2018

Jeong seemed to think the audience members were razzing him at first when they called for him, Holmberg says.

"He couldn’t see what was going on with the lights. He thought he was being heckled. He was playing with them from the stage for a second," Holmberg says. "And it was like, 'No, no, no. We need you!' He realized there was an issue, and he came over. It was a moment where time stands still. Someone was having a crisis. There was a hush over the room."

Jeong stayed with the woman until she recovered and was taken away by ambulance. Then he returned to the stage and finished his routine.

"And he was brilliant," Holmberg says. "He's a very funny man but you were able to see a side of him that's very compassionate. You don't often see that in comedians."
gblews
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Glad a Changectomy wasn't required.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

Was surprised to learn Ken Jeong is a real doctor. I personally wouldn't want Mr Chow tending my illness.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

Was surprised to learn Ken Jeong is a real doctor. I personally wouldn't want Mr Chow tending my illness.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

You never knew him as Dr. Ken?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

He's an I.M. practitioner, not a coroner.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
jodeke wrote:

He's an I.M. practitioner, not a coroner.

You're allowed.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You never knew him as Dr. Ken?

No, never watched the series. I only knew him from The Hangover.

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject:

I never saw Dr. Ken(it was a sitcom on ABC) but he guest starred on Fresh Off the Boat as Louis's brother though.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject:

I keep misreading the thread title as kim jong un
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
I keep misreading the thread title as kim jong un

Dyslexia maybe?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: