Lakers have told teams no player is untouchable in trades
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Lakers have told teams no player is untouchable in trades

Lakers want to build around young core but have told teams no player is untouchable in trades

Quote:
As the Lakers head into a potentially franchise-changing offseason, their front office is keeping its options fully open.

While they like their young core and would prefer to keep those players growing together, they have told teams no player is untouchable in trades, according to multiple sources who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of trade and free-agent negotiations.

Quote:
To be clear, the Lakers are not actively shopping any of their players. They are willing to listen to offers and could move one of them — even a member of the talented young cadre of Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram or Josh Hart — if an offer blows them away.

Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject:

How it should be.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Poor BI.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Yup. When Magic signed on it was going to be about ASAP. He won't give the kids away, but he's not trading sure things for maybe down the road. This is The Process, LA style. If most of the kids are on the team down the road, Magic will have either pulled off a major coup or failed in his vision.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Well, I mean, duh. We don't have anyone good enough to be untouchable. I would like to keep Kuzma, but if he netted you, say Davis, you would do it. I know David is not available, but I just wanted to give an example.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Definitely singing a different song than last summer. Hope they dont get hosed trying to go all in on a short window.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject:

As it should be. None of these prospects are sure things.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Well, I mean, duh. We don't have anyone good enough to be untouchable. I would like to keep Kuzma, but if he netted you, say Davis, you would do it. I know David is not available, but I just wanted to give an example.

Davis is about the only player I'd trade for... maybe Durant.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
My sense is they would need to be blown away to move one of the core guys. But this answers the question Magic Johnson declined to address at his exit interview.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/997600799646736389
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

It could be a way of keeping up team morale when in reality only one or two players would actually get traded.

If you say I'll trade anyone... but don't mean it... it makes the team feel equal and they'll never be the wiser.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject:

This news is also related with LeBron, if LeBron comes and wants the young guys traded... Magic will obey his demands and get win now vets....
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
This news is also related with LeBron, if LeBron comes and wants the young guys traded... Magic will obey his demands and get win now vets....

I don't think Magic is the kind of guy that would obey anybody's demands including Lebron.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

that is the most ridiculous think i've ever heard. we do not have any top 20 or even top 30 players on our team. so if you need to trade any of our guys for a top 10 guy (like hypothetically Leonard), you do it in a heartbeat.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject:

So... BI and Kuz for Kawhi?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

that is the most ridiculous think i've ever heard. we do not have any top 20 or even top 30 players on our team. so if you need to trade any of our guys for a top 10 guy (like hypothetically Leonard), you do it in a heartbeat.

We don't have a top 30 right now but we could have one that potentially could be one in the future. That's a tough call for a FO to make.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Not when I can wait a year and see if he's healthy and get him for nothing.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

Maybe. I would prefer BI and Hart and maybe a draft pick.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yuck.

Kobe died for this. Not throwing away a proper rebuild for a year or two of James and no titles.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I don't think Magic is the kind of guy that would obey anybody's demands including Lebron.

To be clear, I’m not saying he will trade them for any vets that LeBron wants... but more in line of if LeBron signs with the Lakers like many are expecting... Magic will be more ready to move the young core players to have a chance at winning immediately... and yes... you absolutely have to do whatever you can if it means you are getting LeBron...
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Maybe. I would prefer BI and Hart and maybe a draft pick.

It would be hard for me to give anything more than BI if kawhi doesn’t come with an extension. BI is more than sufficient for a possible rental.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bye BI.
Lakers will do 2 trades before FA: Deng +1st for cap
BI/filler for Kawhi
Omar Little

Sentient Meat wrote:
It could be a way of keeping up team morale when in reality only one or two players would actually get traded.

If you say I'll trade anyone... but don't mean it... it makes the team feel equal and they'll never be the wiser.

Yeah, making them all feel vulnerable so they feel better when not traded sounds like a grand strategy (that's sarcasm BTW). More likely, they are going to entertain offers and don't want the guys blindsided by it.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

/credibility.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Not when I can wait a year and see if he's healthy and get him for nothing.

Only you don’t know you can get him, you hope you can. Hope doesn’t win basketball games.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yuck.

Kobe died for this. Not throwing away a proper rebuild for a year or two of James and no titles.

With LeBron you will have the best chance of winning titles, with Ingram/Ball/Kuzma we might only make 2nd round and WCF appearances.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11
Jump to: