Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Back in the day, macdonalds fries were the truth.

I love McDonald's cheese burgers when I'm drunk at 3am. I usually have my uber driver stop at the drive thru

I’m convinced the only reason I like it now, is because of the nostalgia factor. I mean kids used to have their birthday parties there. Haha.

I am pretty sure I would think it is gross if i were trying it for the first time.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Sometimes when I’m in Seattle, I will go through the macdonalds drive through and just order a fries. They always act surprised that’s all I get. I just tell them that’s the only good thing they have. I eat nice warm fries on the ferry home. Haven’t done that in a while.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Work in Manhattan so choice is unlimited up here, some of my favorites:

Halal food truck... chicken and yellow rice... white and hot sauce, all day
Comida Dominicana (too many to list, they have the food on trays ready to go)... Pernil con moro and small mondongo

which ones do you go to? Halal guys is obviously a staple. Rafiqis? Casbah?

by the way, don't ever go to the Halal guys out in CA, they're awful.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Back in the day, macdonalds fries were the truth.

I love McDonald's cheese burgers when I'm drunk at 3am. I usually have my uber driver stop at the drive thru

I’m convinced the only reason I like it now, is because of the nostalgia factor. I mean kids used to have their birthday parties there. Haha.

I am pretty sure I would think it is gross if i were trying it for the first time.

only time i like it is if im drunk and its one of the only placed open in my area that late.

if im sober, im not eating there.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Over the last couple of years, I've taken an intense liking to Indian food. But I can't handle anything too spicy, so I have to get mildly-spiced chicken dishes. I discovered this place in Anaheim called Punjabi Tandoor last year, and I always get the chicken tikka masala and chicken makhani combo there, which comes with basmati rice and naan. (It also comes with kheer, which is a rice pudding that acts as a palate cleanser after the meal.) It's very simple, and they serve it in a plate similar to what you'd see at a Panda Express or something, so there's no extra points for presentation. But what makes it is their sauces. You just taste something nuanced and there's a depth of flavor that you don't usually find at most Indian places. Just a bite of the naan dipped in either sauce is incredible.

Can't recommend it highly enough, and they do get the food to you fast, whether you eat it there or take it to go. And for those of you who can handle spices, you can expand your horizons with what you order.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Over the last couple of years, I've taken an intense liking to Indian food. But I can't handle anything too spicy, so I have to get mildly-spiced chicken dishes. I discovered this place in Anaheim called Punjabi Tandoor last year, and I always get the chicken tikka masala and chicken makhani combo there, which comes with basmati rice and naan. (It also comes with kheer, which is a rice pudding that acts as a palate cleanser after the meal.) It's very simple, and they serve it in a plate similar to what you'd see at a Panda Express or something, so there's no extra points for presentation. But what makes it is their sauces. You just taste something nuanced and there's a depth of flavor that you don't usually find at most Indian places. Just a bite of the naan dipped in either sauce is incredible.

Can't recommend it highly enough, and they do get the food to you fast, whether you eat it there or take it to go. And for those of you who can handle spices, you can expand your horizons with what you order.

There are (at least) two Punjabi Tandoors in San Diego. It was a very common eating spot for UCSD kids. It was one of the few Indian places most of my fellow Indian (American) students actually loved eating dinner. Unlike that horrible place on campus called Bombay Coast.

Assuming it's the same place that has expanded northward, good taste
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

There are (at least) two Punjabi Tandoors in San Diego. It was a very common eating spot for UCSD kids. It was one of the few Indian places most of my fellow Indian (American) students actually loved eating dinner. Unlike that horrible place on campus called Bombay Coast.

Assuming it's the same place that has expanded northward, good taste

It is. It looks like they have 3 in the San Diego area.

http://www.punjabitandoor.com/
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Sometimes when I’m in Seattle, I will go through the macdonalds drive through and just order a fries. They always act surprised that’s all I get. I just tell them that’s the only good thing they have. I eat nice warm fries on the ferry home. Haven’t done that in a while.

Always a good idea to insult them while ordering food from them through a box so you can't see them.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Always a good idea to insult them while ordering food from them through a box so you can't see them.

You don’t think I tell them before I get my fries? Oddly, it’s not the person who takes the order that mentions it, it’s the person handing it out. Btw, macdonalds employees don’t get insulted by being told the food sucks, especially when you just gave them a tip.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

You don’t think I tell them before I get my fries? Oddly, it’s not the person who takes the order that mentions it, it’s the person handing it out. Btw, macdonalds employees don’t get insulted by being told the food sucks, especially when you just gave them a tip.

I know, I was just poking a little fun.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject:

All good. It was good advice.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject:

In N Out ranked nation's favorite burger chain for 3rd straight year

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/americas-favorite-burger-chain-of-2019-market-force-survey-190840409.html

eh.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/americas-favorite-burger-chain-of-2019-market-force-survey-190840409.html

eh.

I love me a double double animal style at In N Out, but it’s by far the most overrated burger out there.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
governator wrote:
Work in Manhattan so choice is unlimited up here, some of my favorites:

Halal food truck... chicken and yellow rice... white and hot sauce, all day
Comida Dominicana (too many to list, they have the food on trays ready to go)... Pernil con moro and small mondongo

which ones do you go to? Halal guys is obviously a staple. Rafiqis? Casbah?

by the way, don't ever go to the Halal guys out in CA, they're awful.

Used to hit up the one on Union Sq either the cart on 5th av or 6th av. For Dominican food, I get it from El Jagua Del Castillo on LES
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

eh.

I love me a double double animal style at In N Out, but it’s by far the most overrated burger out there.

They would sell a ton of burger if they open a 24 hr one in Times Sq
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject:

I feel like In-N-Out benefits from the Pepsi challenge effect. Essentially Pepsi wins in the PC because it is sweeter and it is a small amount you're tasting. But if were to give someone an entire can, the sweetness of Pepsi would become too much for most people and Coke would actually be preferred.

In-N-Out is great because you're not really going to eat it a couple times a week (or even month, probably). It's the perceived scarcity that makes it taste "better". I think if there were as many In-N-Outs as there are McDonalds it wouldn't be nearly as popular. Especially since the fries are the worst fast food fries.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

eh.

It's not the best burger on the planet, but at its price point, there is simply no competition. Whataburger and Five Guys don't have anything close.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

eh.

It's not the best burger on the planet, but at its price point, there is simply no competition. Whataburger and Five Guys don't have anything close.

Finally got around to having my first Five Guys. Not bad, but not great and still a tick under In N Out in my book. Their fries were better than their burger.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

eh.

Agree 100%. In N Out is like a half-step up from McDonalds. Five Guys and Zinburger are clearly better.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

eh.

Finally got around to having my first Five Guys. Not bad, but not great and still a tick under In N Out in my book. Their fries were better than their burger.

Agreed. I was extremely disappointed with the Five Guys burger. It's so much more expensive than an In n Out burger and I didn't it find it even remotely as good. A HUGE letdown. The fries on the other hand, I've gone there a few times just to satisfy a craving for some Cajun fries.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

eh.

This right here. Definitely better burgers out there but for the price and consistency, there's no comparison.

I never realized how good it was until I moved out of state and now can't have it any time I want.

And don't tell me their fries suck. I will fight you
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject:

deluxe chicken sandwich - chickfila
double double no spread grilled onions - in n out
shrimp tackle box or leg + thigh - popeyes

I almost never eat at Mcdonalds/Jack n Box/Carls/Taco Bell/Del Taco
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

That is the only good thing they have. And they are so good.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

eh.

I prefer the Habit over them all
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

What's everyone's go-to for dipping french fries? Ketchup, mayo, ranch, InO spread? I was a ketchup guy for most of my life but 2019 has been the year of mayo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: