Trade Question (Our current draft pick)

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Trade Question (Our current draft pick)

A few months back, I suggested the possibility of trading our 2019 pick, since I thought it was now possible given our acquisition of the Cavs pick.

Larry Coon said that particular move is not allowed given that there was still a logical possibility that we could lose the Cavs pick (no matter how improbable) at the time.

So, my question is now that the draft lottery has been conducted, and the draft order for the 2018 draft has been set, does the rule baring a team from trading 2 consecutive draft picks still apply to us?

It's seem like now it's a 100% certainty that we will have draft selections this year and the next, so is trading the 2019 pick an option for us now?

Responses for people who are much knowledgeable about this issue than I am would be deeply appreciated.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject:

I believe we can now trade the 2019 pick.

And quite frankly does it matter? We can always agree to make the trade after the Cavs pick is made on Draft night.
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
I believe we can now trade the 2019 pick.

And quite frankly does it matter? We can always agree to make the trade after the Cavs pick is made on Draft night.

Thanks. I did not know we could do the bolded part.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: