Kuzma and Ingram > Brown and Tatum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Age 19/20 Tatum is more like age 22 Paul Pierce.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/piercpa01.html

This is what I mean by drafts getting deeper and better year to year. All of this draft analysis and analytics, and none of them seem to project outside of the first 4 years of a player's career.

I think he’ll be better than Paul Pierce. I also think Paul Pierce is criminally overrated.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I’ll take our guys in a re-draft every time.

Am I the only person that sees Goat level skill set from Ingram? Look how easily he gets where he wants to go on the court...his handle will only get better. I’m not a numbers guy but he seems like an elite finisher at the basket...defenses are going to be on their heels worried about his ability to drive and that’s going to create wide open jumpers for him. Watching the elite forwards in the nba like PG13 or Durant struggle to stop him this past season makes me certain that we have something special.

Lonzo is a championship piece. He plays a winning style of basketball and it’s kind of sad that our own fans don’t see it yet. Size, athleticism, motor, bbiq, attitude. Kid has all of the intangibles fr not to mention he still has some game too

Josh hart - See Lonzo Ball + I think he has a lot more to offer than he showed this past season. I think he can score the ball a little. Maybe a 15 ppg scorer + defense if given the opportunity.

Kuzma - as pure a scorer as I’ve ever seen and he has some dog in him...he wants to win. He’s only going to get better and he’s only going to look better in his role when we finally get a guy who can attract a double. He’s not the guy you want playing next to a DMC if you’re the opposing team.

Yall keep sleeping on our young core.

Kuzma + Ingram over brown + Tatum

This is crazy talk. Back in reality, it’s hard to argue he even has MVP level skill set.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
before you say both are better, we need to see them outplay Brown and Tatum...

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201801230LAL.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201711080BOS.html

Links don't mean anything. Brown and Tatum are kicking ass in the playoffs.

The links show them out playing them like you asked for now you're changing the criteria lol im sure Kuzma and Ingram would do the same if they played with Kyrie and another allstar to make the playoffs. I woukdnt call what theyre doing on tne road kicking ass

outplaying them don't mean 2 games. outplaying them mean, outplaying them overall. jeez... didn't expect I needed to elaborate. lol

Kuzma 16ppg 6.3rpg 1.8apg > Tatum 14ppg 5rpg 1.6apg

Ingram 16ppg 5.3rpg 4apg Brown 14.5ppg 5rpg 1.6apg

Looks like overall to me lol

your "overall" is far too sub-standard.

you haven't brought one piece of evidence to back your original post.

evidence is the playoffs. the playoffs in a far bigger stage than 2 meaningless regular season games... where big name players have choked before, these 2 young dudes are playing like they own the stage

if leading their team in the playoffs minus Irving and Hayward is not enough for you, then I guess you need to recheck your "overalls"
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Mr.81
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
In terms of potential ceilings, this is how I see it...

For Tatum and Ingram, it's a question if whether you would rather have a Paul Pierce or a Kawhi Leonard. While I do believe Ingram is the better player between them today, regardless of whether one agrees with that right now. I would take Ingram's ceiling and overall potential skill set over the same for Tatum. That and Ingram's age is also why I view Ingram as a much better long term prospect than Kuzma.

I get it, but the difference maker to me is that I think Tatum's a whole lot closer to becoming Paul Pierce than Ingram is to becoming Kawhi. I don't disagree with the ceilings at all but I also think likeliness to reach that ceiling is even more important.

Heck, Tatum is closer to Kawhi than Ingram is to Paul Pierce.

This is so far off I don’t even know what to say. Can’t wait to revisit this thread in a year or 2.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Celtics coaching/training staff > Lakers coaching/training staff.

And that's painful for me to admit. I hate me some Boston.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject:

NANCE!!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Mr.81 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

For Tatum and Ingram, it's a question if whether you would rather have a Paul Pierce or a Kawhi Leonard. While I do believe Ingram is the better player between them today, regardless of whether one agrees with that right now. I would take Ingram's ceiling and overall potential skill set over the same for Tatum. That and Ingram's age is also why I view Ingram as a much better long term prospect than Kuzma.

I get it, but the difference maker to me is that I think Tatum's a whole lot closer to becoming Paul Pierce than Ingram is to becoming Kawhi. I don't disagree with the ceilings at all but I also think likeliness to reach that ceiling is even more important.

This is so far off I don’t even know what to say. Can’t wait to revisit this thread in a year or 2.

Care to expound?
Mr.81
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Mr.81 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Care to expound?

I think Khawi is a couple tiers above Pierce, that’s why I think it’s a crazy statement. Maybe you were talking about play styles. I think Tatum and Ingram are closer than Khawi is to Pierce no matter who you think is better.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Mr.81 wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:
Tatum is everything we hoped Ingram would be. Difference is the passion. Tatum wants it. Dude is out there going against Lebron. Ingram will still go 7-8 possessions without even thinking about shooting.

We suck with lottery picks.

Brown > Ingram
Tatum > Ball

We could have

Randle
Tatum
Brown
Hart
Russell

Instead of one guy who won’t shoot and one guy who can’t.

Very happy to have Kuzma, Hart, and Randle tho (although I really wanted Smart in that draft).

Speak for yourself, Ingram will be better than Brown or Tatum. People were saying the same nonsense about Randle vs Smart the first year or 2. Some of y’all are terrible at evaluating talent, that team you suggest would not have done any better and you would be sitting here talking about how we shouldn’t have drafted brown/Tatum.

Facts
No. That's an opinion.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Mr.81 wrote:
Mr.81 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Care to expound?

I think Khawi is a couple tiers above Pierce, that’s why I think it’s a crazy statement. Maybe you were talking about play styles. I think Tatum and Ingram are closer than Khawi is to Pierce no matter who you think is better.

Paul Pierce is 15th all time in NBA points scored. He's a surefire HOFer, likely 1st ballot. Any of these four kids we're talking about should be so lucky as to have Paul Pierce's career.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Mr.81 wrote:
Mr.81 wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Care to expound?

Paul Pierce is 15th all time in NBA points scored. He's a surefire HOFer, likely 1st ballot. Any of these four kids we're talking about should be so lucky as to have Paul Pierce's career.
Tru Dat!
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Uhh, no. Tatum is easily better than both Ball and Ingram.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:

But is he better than Paul Pierce?
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Anybody that says Jaylen Brown is better than either player on the Lakers needs to get their head examined.

Ingram and Kuz would destroy the Cavs without the amount of looks he was getting.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:

But is he better than Paul Pierce?

Lol
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

I do think at some point and time Tatum will lead the league in scoring. He s better then Ingram right now. He is just a more confident player. But Ingram is not miles behind him.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Celtics coaching/training staff > Lakers coaching/training staff.

And that's painful for me to admit. I hate me some Boston.

Stevens and Luke have virtually identical records after 1st two years. One is in east .

Kuzma had nearly identical stats as Tatum. Bi made huge strides as did jr.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Ingram isn't miles behind Tatum. But Tatum came into the league with stuff we're still hoping to see out of Ingram in year 3, and most of what we were hoping to see out of Ingram in year 2. Just a special kind of talent.

Ingram could/can and likely will get there. But Tatum has the work ethic to stay ahead, and he idolizes the right guy

it will be an interesting rivalry, that's for sure.

I'll sure as heck take Lonzo over Rozier and Kuzma over Brown though
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
I do think at some point and time Tatum will lead the league in scoring. He s better then Ingram right now. He is just a more confident player. But Ingram is not miles behind him.

Gawhdam! That's a bold prediction. But I'd love to see him try.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Ingram isn't miles behind Tatum. But Tatum came into the league with stuff we're still hoping to see out of Ingram in year 3, and most of what we were hoping to see out of Ingram in year 2. Just a special kind of talent.

Ingram could/can and likely will get there. But Tatum has the work ethic to stay ahead, and he idolizes the right guy

it will be an interesting rivalry, that's for sure.

I'll sure as heck take Lonzo over Rozier and Kuzma over Brown though

So if his numbers drop due to kyrie and Hayward I hope people still use that as the gauge. Zo and bi are better defenders and ball handlers than him. He just has a money jumper.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I wish we could have these discussions when players are in their prime.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Tatum is so gud. Hindsight is 20/20 but we could have drafted him to be a two guard and kept DLo at point guard.

He's already learning and taking advice from Kobe.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I’ll take our guys in a re-draft every time.

Am I the only person that sees Goat level skill set from Ingram? Look how easily he gets where he wants to go on the court...his handle will only get better. I’m not a numbers guy but he seems like an elite finisher at the basket...defenses are going to be on their heels worried about his ability to drive and that’s going to create wide open jumpers for him. Watching the elite forwards in the nba like PG13 or Durant struggle to stop him this past season makes me certain that we have something special.

Lonzo is a championship piece. He plays a winning style of basketball and it’s kind of sad that our own fans don’t see it yet. Size, athleticism, motor, bbiq, attitude. Kid has all of the intangibles fr not to mention he still has some game too

Josh hart - See Lonzo Ball + I think he has a lot more to offer than he showed this past season. I think he can score the ball a little. Maybe a 15 ppg scorer + defense if given the opportunity.

Kuzma - as pure a scorer as I’ve ever seen and he has some dog in him...he wants to win. He’s only going to get better and he’s only going to look better in his role when we finally get a guy who can attract a double. He’s not the guy you want playing next to a DMC if you’re the opposing team.

Yall keep sleeping on our young core.

Kuzma + Ingram over brown + Tatum

Ingram...goat level? My God. No. And people need to stop with the Durant comparisons. Durant came into the league ready to attack. Ingram is hesitant as hell and only seems to get fired up when we play the Warriors.

Ball is also terrible at shooting, scared of the ball, too passive, injury prone, and needs to get his dad in check.

Kuzma & Hart - I agree with what you said. And I’m proud of how Julius has progressed year after year.

You guys are too much with the Ingram & Ball crap tho.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/fanaticsview/status/1000932281069068288

#MambaMentality

I hope Ingram does this to LeBron next season as we're blowing out Philly.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
https://twitter.com/fanaticsview/status/1000932281069068288

#MambaMentality

I hope Ingram does this to LeBron next season.

All we can do is talk “potential” right now. Lol.

That dunk and bump reminded me of Bynum on Shaq.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: