Lakers Interested in Doncic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5444
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ingram isnít going anywhere unless we are getting KAT/ Kawhi or Anthony Davis.


Speaking of big, slow, and clueless on defense. Ladies and Gentlemen.... I give you KAT...


Slow? Every time I watched Minnesota play... Towns was always running in transition.


I'm just calling it the way I see it. He has unlimited potential, that's for sure. Maybe it's just Thibs breaking him down mentally and physically. Or maybe he gets the least touches out of Butler and Wiggins, so he's disengaged.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19001
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Ingram isnít going anywhere unless we are getting KAT/ Kawhi or Anthony Davis.


Speaking of big, slow, and clueless on defense. Ladies and Gentlemen.... I give you KAT...


Slow? Every time I watched Minnesota play... Towns was always running in transition.


I'm just calling it the way I see it. He has unlimited potential, that's for sure. Maybe it's just Thibs breaking him down mentally and physically. Or maybe he gets the least touches out of Butler and Wiggins, so he's disengaged.


That is it, look at the far cry from Bulls fans, they couldnít handle Thibs coaching the Bulls cause he was making players tired and caused them to as a result to be disengaged, Thibs likely wonít coach another NBA team if heís fired... he has to many red flags...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 59600
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

KAT played like an unhappy player with his coach last year.

The year before, he was putting up legit defensive numbers.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter, Chandler Hutchison, De'Anthony Melton, Jerome Robinson, Aaron Holiday, Bruce Brown, Donte Divincenzo, Josh Okogie
Jarred Vanderbilt, Landry Shamet, Alize Johnson
@Lakersoutsiders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 3894

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Lets say, on draft day the Kings agree to a deal that would send Ingram and Deng to Sacramento for Doncic. The Lakers would seriously have to consider taking the deal. Lets say we sign both James and George, Doncic could be utilized as a do everything sixth man and even challenge Ball for the starting point guard spot. If James dont sign with us, Doncic could compete for the starting shooting guard spot with Hart and maybe someone who we sign to a big one year deal, like Reddick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19001
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KAT played like an unhappy player with his coach last year.

The year before, he was putting up legit defensive numbers.


Mike dropping knowledge....

thatís why if you go to Wolves forums they want Thibs fired as opposed to trading away Towns.... if we have a chance to get a franchise big man... do it... no matter what it takes.... Imagine Towns/LeBron/George.... might as well plan the parade...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 3894

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KAT played like an unhappy player with his coach last year.

The year before, he was putting up legit defensive numbers.


Mike dropping knowledge....

Yeah... thatís why if you go to Wolves forums they want Thibs fired as opposed to trading away Towns.... if we have a chance to get a franchise big man... do it... no matter what it takes.... Imagine Towns/LeBron/George.... might as well plan the parade.
If we were able to add Town before free agent, you would think that it would increase our chances of signing James and George. And, if we dont get James and/or George, at least we would have a franchise
25 and 12 big, that could stretch the floor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 19001
Location: L.A.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KAT played like an unhappy player with his coach last year.

The year before, he was putting up legit defensive numbers.


Mike dropping knowledge....

Yeah... thatís why if you go to Wolves forums they want Thibs fired as opposed to trading away Towns.... if we have a chance to get a franchise big man... do it... no matter what it takes.... Imagine Towns/LeBron/George.... might as well plan the parade.
If we were able to add Town before free agent, you would think that it would increase our chances of signing James and George. And, if we dont get James and/or George, at least we would have a franchise
25 and 12 big, that could stretch the floor.


Yep.

You either get LeBron/PG with Towns or you finally have a sure young superstar to build around.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 3894

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KAT played like an unhappy player with his coach last year.

The year before, he was putting up legit defensive numbers.


Mike dropping knowledge....

Yeah... thatís why if you go to Wolves forums they want Thibs fired as opposed to trading away Towns.... if we have a chance to get a franchise big man... do it... no matter what it takes.... Imagine Towns/LeBron/George.... might as well plan the parade.
If we were able to add Town before free agent, you would think that it would increase our chances of signing James and George. And, if we dont get James and/or George, at least we would have a franchise
25 and 12 big, that could stretch the floor.


Yep.

You either get LeBron/PG with Towns or you finally have a sure young superstar to build around.
I would definitely try to make an offer for Towns, but I think its unlikely that he is traded, but you never know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 21382

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KAT played like an unhappy player with his coach last year.

The year before, he was putting up legit defensive numbers.


Wondering if its a case of, if the dog doesnt get to eat, he wont guard the house.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Posts: 592
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject:

Das wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Shaber wrote:
Whoever is not interested in Doncic must already have an all-star backcourt guaranteed for the next 5 years. Or talk to a psychiatrist.

That said, a reality check is also a useful thing. Do we have any good way of getting Doncic? UNfortunately no. So, it's a pipe dream. Move on.
I could see something happening with Atlanta if Doncic is still on the board. Latest mock draft on NBADraft.Net has Doncic slipping to #5. They have Atlanta taking Jackson at #3. If the Lakers feel strongly about Doncic, maybe they offer Atlanta Ingram and Deng for #3 and #19? Take Doncic with #3 and Robinson with #19.


Youre not gonna get the 3rd pick for Ingram and you want the 19th?

If I could trade Ingram for Doncic, I would. Hes going to have a bigger impact than Ingram.
I agree that Ingram alone wouldn't get the 3rd pick. Not because he won't be better but because teams are always enamored by the unknown and Ingram will be entering the final year of his rookie scale contract.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Dec 2011
Posts: 592
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Lets say, on draft day the Kings agree to a deal that would send Ingram and Deng to Sacramento for Doncic. The Lakers would seriously have to consider taking the deal. Lets say we sign both James and George, Doncic could be utilized as a do everything sixth man and even challenge Ball for the starting point guard spot. If James dont sign with us, Doncic could compete for the starting shooting guard spot with Hart and maybe someone who we sign to a big one year deal, like Reddick.
We can say whatever we want but I don't think it's realistic to swap Ingram/Deng for Doncic (Pick). Look at history of salary dump trades, with the latest one being Mozgov. It was Bad Contract + Positive Asset for Nothing. You can break the deal down into 2 part: (i) what would it take to unload the bad contract and (ii) what would it take to get a top 5 pick.

Another example: Kings dump the salaries Nik Stauskas, Carl Landry, Jason Thompson to the Sixers. The Sixers received the right to swap picks with the Kings (at the Sixersí discretion) in both 2016 and 2017 and the 2019 first round pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 2237

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

chekmatex4 wrote:
Das wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Shaber wrote:
Whoever is not interested in Doncic must already have an all-star backcourt guaranteed for the next 5 years. Or talk to a psychiatrist.

That said, a reality check is also a useful thing. Do we have any good way of getting Doncic? UNfortunately no. So, it's a pipe dream. Move on.
I could see something happening with Atlanta if Doncic is still on the board. Latest mock draft on NBADraft.Net has Doncic slipping to #5. They have Atlanta taking Jackson at #3. If the Lakers feel strongly about Doncic, maybe they offer Atlanta Ingram and Deng for #3 and #19? Take Doncic with #3 and Robinson with #19.


Youre not gonna get the 3rd pick for Ingram and you want the 19th?

If I could trade Ingram for Doncic, I would. Hes going to have a bigger impact than Ingram.
I agree that Ingram alone wouldn't get the 3rd pick. Not because he won't be better but because teams are always enamored by the unknown and Ingram will be entering the final year of his rookie scale contract.


Ingramís only played 2 yrs right? How is he entering his final yr?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 12195
Location: Somewhere watching a Laker game

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KAT played like an unhappy player with his coach last year.

The year before, he was putting up legit defensive numbers.


KAT would look nice in P&G
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 14437

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
What am I missing? It might just be the YouTube video quality, but Doncic looks big and slow to me. He can shoot the three, crossover some chain smoking European dude, and make the occasional uncontested dunk. But does that make him a shoo-in for the best player in the draft? How is he defensively? How about elite court vision? Rebounding? Making teammates better? Etc...

Yes
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 59600
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KAT played like an unhappy player with his coach last year.

The year before, he was putting up legit defensive numbers.


Wondering if its a case of, if the dog doesnt get to eat, he wont guard the house.


I don't think so. KAT got his usual touches I think.

More like, excessive practices, beating up the body unnecessarily, etc.

It's strange really, strength and conditioning between the 80s to now. 80s seemed FAR less injury prone, because a lot of guys were basically, a lot lighter. They were more in soccer-shape.

Now, guys are huge, add some vert, add some quickness, get huge real fast, and yet the ACL injuries just ramp up so quickly. Knee injuries. Weird stuff.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Troy Brown, Kevin Huerter, Chandler Hutchison, De'Anthony Melton, Jerome Robinson, Aaron Holiday, Bruce Brown, Donte Divincenzo, Josh Okogie
Jarred Vanderbilt, Landry Shamet, Alize Johnson
@Lakersoutsiders
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 2283
Location: NYC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Doncic looks so slow to me . Iím trying to buy into hype . I really just donít see a superstar player .. very skilled tho
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 3410

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject:

There is NO NO NO NO way the Wolves would ever trade KAT (I think if you were starting a franchise tomorrow, he would be the #1 pick).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MoriArty
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jan 2013
Posts: 155

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:52 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Lets say, on draft day the Kings agree to a deal that would send Ingram and Deng to Sacramento for Doncic. The Lakers would seriously have to consider taking the deal. Lets say we sign both James and George, Doncic could be utilized as a do everything sixth man and even challenge Ball for the starting point guard spot. If James dont sign with us, Doncic could compete for the starting shooting guard spot with Hart and maybe someone who we sign to a big one year deal, like Reddick.


if we sign one or more of James / George / Kawhi as projected, Ingram will be superfluous at the 3. He's played SG here and there and positions really aren't as important in the current NBA paradigm, but it would be an odd fit. We also have Kuz in the chamber adding to the forward logjam. I could see Ingram being the key trade piece that nets us Doncic if such a thing were in the cards, which is doubtful. And I would probably be salty about it though it would make sound basketball sense positionally and give us a very solid backcourt for years to come.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
av3773
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2011
Posts: 2977

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject:

I mean if the Lakers could dump deng and get a top 3 pick even if it costs Ingram and pieces of course the Lakers do it, you basically add what is probably a comparable talent while opening up the path for signing 2 max FA

Ball
Doncic
PG - 13
Bron
Lopez

Of course the Lakers would do that, I doubt the Hawks would though
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 41077

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
KAT played like an unhappy player with his coach last year.

The year before, he was putting up legit defensive numbers.


I honestly think he is a bit overrated.

Talented, but questionable motor.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 41077

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
Doncic looks so slow to me . Iím trying to buy into hype . I really just donít see a superstar player .. very skilled tho


It is going back a while, but I would compare him in a lot of ways to a Toni Kukoc.

Not fast or overly athletic, but skilled and long enough to be effective and with a relatively short training curve.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 1480

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject:

Ohh, The Irony. Last FO didn't trade Deng & BIngram for DCousins and get fired. How you dare to try to trade the untouchable one! Now the New FO is trading Deng & BIngram for Doncic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 8745

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
I mean if the Lakers could dump deng and get a top 3 pick even if it costs Ingram and pieces of course the Lakers do it, you basically add what is probably a comparable talent while opening up the path for signing 2 max FA

Ball
Doncic
PG - 13
Bron
Lopez

Of course the Lakers would do that, I doubt the Hawks would though


Deng+ Ingram basically for Doncic and Lopez... Ingram has proven he belongs in the NBA with an upside to boot, we don't even know if Doncic is athletic enough to play wing/guard in the NBA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 5212

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
KAT played like an unhappy player with his coach last year.

The year before, he was putting up legit defensive numbers.


Mike dropping knowledge....

thatís why if you go to Wolves forums they want Thibs fired as opposed to trading away Towns.... if we have a chance to get a franchise big man... do it... no matter what it takes.... Imagine Towns/LeBron/George.... might as well plan the parade...

The coach is far more disposable than a player like KAT. They would fire the coach for sure, if it means saving KAT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 14437

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
I mean if the Lakers could dump deng and get a top 3 pick even if it costs Ingram and pieces of course the Lakers do it, you basically add what is probably a comparable talent while opening up the path for signing 2 max FA

Ball
Doncic
PG - 13
Bron
Lopez

Of course the Lakers would do that, I doubt the Hawks would though

All day.
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB