Bryan Colangelo and his burner Twitter accounts. (Update Colangelo resigns)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 14932

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

Hilarious - Hasn't the guy heard of a VPN? Probably logged into those accounts on Sixers premises. Stephen A gushes about the guy, but the truth is that he inherited a great team and drafted a bust at 1.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 14932

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

Ok, give it up. Which one of you guys is him?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 29774

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Hilarious - Hasn't the guy heard of a VPN? Probably logged into those accounts on Sixers premises. Stephen A gushes about the guy, but the truth is that he inherited a great team and drafted a bust at 1.


Didn't the league put in charge because they didn't want to see Hinkie run the team any longer? After all it was Hinkie's strategy that got them to where they are today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Jun 2013
Posts: 2725

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Hilarious - Hasn't the guy heard of a VPN? Probably logged into those accounts on Sixers premises. Stephen A gushes about the guy, but the truth is that he inherited a great team and drafted a bust at 1.


Didn't the league put in charge because they didn't want to see Hinkie run the team any longer? After all it was Hinkie's strategy that got them to where they are today.
I think that was his father, Jerry Colangelo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 22372

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Truth is stranger than fiction
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 11338
Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
That Ringer article... that was exhausting! Eventually, I just skimmed for the quotes. What a tool.


This.

I stopped after reading two examples.

So, aside from being exceedingly petty and unprofessional, will someone please show anything he tweeted that was really bad?


He telegraphed the teamís intentions with regards to the Fultz trade about a month before it happened. He discussed private medical information about his own players, encouraging bloggers to set up interviews with the team to ask about said info. He bashed his own players and talked about who heíd like to trade them for. Itís definitely a firebable offense.


Thanks Ocho!

And yes, youíre right. Firing lines certainly crossed.

Maybe itís a sign of the times for me but I somehow assumed he had made a racist comment.

This helps.
_________________
Maginka doing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lowest Merion
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 10618

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
He telegraphed the teamís intentions with regards to the Fultz trade about a month before it happened. He discussed private medical information about his own players, encouraging bloggers to set up interviews with the team to ask about said info. He bashed his own players and talked about who heíd like to trade them for. Itís definitely a firebable offense.


Yep. Coangeloís in deep (bleep). This story is bonkers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jun 2005
Posts: 1662

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
That Ringer article... that was exhausting! Eventually, I just skimmed for the quotes. What a tool.


This.

I stopped after reading two examples.

So, aside from being exceedingly petty and unprofessional, will someone please show anything he tweeted that was really bad?


He telegraphed the teamís intentions with regards to the Fultz trade about a month before it happened. He discussed private medical information about his own players, encouraging bloggers to set up interviews with the team to ask about said info. He bashed his own players and talked about who heíd like to trade them for. Itís definitely a firebable offense.


So if turns out to be true, will Philly get rid of both father and son?
_________________
"You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you"

Coach Wooden
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Jan 2004
Posts: 13131

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Apparently twitter now thinks it was Bryan Colangelo's wife running the accounts.


https://twitter.com/DidTheSixersWin/status/1001982391106318343

https://twitter.com/legsanity/status/1001944119940386816
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 May 2013
Posts: 2356

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
It's either Bryan Colangelo or it's Bill Simmons coming up with an elaborate multi year plan on how to take down the Celtics atlantic division rival.

Those are the only explanations I will accept right now.


The source is a person involved in AI development

I'll just throw out there that Sam Hinkie's current job is AI development, total coincidence i guess.
_________________
Entertainment comes before Sport in ESPN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 22532

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

So apparently BC may have also had a couple burner Disqus accounts that leaked team details according to threads at RealGM. [Link]

Last edited by K2 on Wed May 30, 2018 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 2332

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Now if we only had definitive proof of Jim Buss posting here at LG.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 09 Apr 2006
Posts: 13025
Location: Morgantown, WV

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Apparently twitter now thinks it was Bryan Colangelo's wife running the accounts.


https://twitter.com/DidTheSixersWin/status/1001982391106318343

https://twitter.com/legsanity/status/1001944119940386816


The Eric Jr account is Colangeloís wife. The rest are believed to be Colangelo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Posts: 2295

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Now if we only had definitive proof of Jim Buss posting here at LG.


there were a few poster sticking up for Jim and the old regime when Maginka was hired. wouldn't be suprised if that was him
_________________
Kyle "Ninja" Kuzma
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lowest Merion
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 10618

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Now if we only had definitive proof of Jim Buss posting here at LG.


there were a few poster sticking up for Jim and the old regime when Maginka was hired. wouldn't be suprised if that was him


I would. Iíd be surprised to learn that Jim is capable of logging on to the internet, or even owning a computer. Another Manhattan, Chaz!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16011

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1002406168650657794?s=21

From Woj

Quote:
ESPN reporting with @ZachLowe_NBA: As internal probe on Twitter activity increasingly focuses on his family, Sixers ownership seriously considering dismissal of Bryan Colangelo.

_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 81703
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Now if we only had definitive proof of Jim Buss posting here at LG.


there were a few poster sticking up for Jim and the old regime when Maginka was hired. wouldn't be suprised if that was him


Come on guys. Win with some class.
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 24104

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1002406168650657794?s=21

From Woj

Quote:
ESPN reporting with @ZachLowe_NBA: As internal probe on Twitter activity increasingly focuses on his family, Sixers ownership seriously considering dismissal of Bryan Colangelo.


They're prepping the press release. He won't survive this.
_________________
All Aboard the Paul George 2018 Train. CHOO CHOO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 17918
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject:

If it's the wife, then it's essentially the same thing, he knew. The only secrets husbands and wives keep from each other are affairs. LOL!
_________________
"They are in the West! You must go D'Angelo Russell here, or my head will explode!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
gumby
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2299
Location: Anaheim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

Lowest Merion wrote:
ocho wrote:
He telegraphed the teamís intentions with regards to the Fultz trade about a month before it happened. He discussed private medical information about his own players, encouraging bloggers to set up interviews with the team to ask about said info. He bashed his own players and talked about who heíd like to trade them for. Itís definitely a firebable offense.


Yep. Coangeloís in deep (bleep). This story is bonkers.


Besides the fact that he is an idiot, why would he think this was a good idea to have these other accounts? And run them personally.

You head an organization. You need some dirt or need to do some propaganda, you get someone else to do the dirty work. You canít get an intern to run this crap?

A vpn? Obviously he wasnít tech saavy if he was going to do all this subterfuge.

Bye.
_________________
"This trophy removes the most odious sentence in the English Language. It can never be said again that 'the Lakers have never beaten the Celtics.'" -Dr. Jerry Buss (1985) R.I.P., 33 x M.V.O.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 41931

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

gumby wrote:
Lowest Merion wrote:
ocho wrote:
He telegraphed the teamís intentions with regards to the Fultz trade about a month before it happened. He discussed private medical information about his own players, encouraging bloggers to set up interviews with the team to ask about said info. He bashed his own players and talked about who heíd like to trade them for. Itís definitely a firebable offense.


Yep. Coangeloís in deep (bleep). This story is bonkers.


Besides the fact that he is an idiot, why would he think this was a good idea to have these other accounts? And run them personally.

You head an organization. You need some dirt or need to do some propaganda, you get someone else to do the dirty work. You canít get an intern to run this crap?

A vpn? Obviously he wasnít tech saavy if he was going to do all this subterfuge.

Bye.


It seems the accounts were mostly to blow off steam. It must be frustrating to not be able to address certain things publicly because of your professional responsibilities but that is part of the job. He probably never imagined getting caught, especially since he was spreading it across 5 accounts. But he did get caught and so he's gotta go.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16011

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1002406168650657794?s=21

From Woj

Quote:
ESPN reporting with @ZachLowe_NBA: As internal probe on Twitter activity increasingly focuses on his family, Sixers ownership seriously considering dismissal of Bryan Colangelo.


They're prepping the press release. He won't survive this.


Agreed JB

Sucks for all the people on his staff who had nothing to do with this
_________________
Blake Griffin's ankles beware....Randle is coming
The youngins are YOUNG, let them learn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 7564
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
gumby wrote:
Lowest Merion wrote:
ocho wrote:
He telegraphed the teamís intentions with regards to the Fultz trade about a month before it happened. He discussed private medical information about his own players, encouraging bloggers to set up interviews with the team to ask about said info. He bashed his own players and talked about who heíd like to trade them for. Itís definitely a firebable offense.


Yep. Coangeloís in deep (bleep). This story is bonkers.


Besides the fact that he is an idiot, why would he think this was a good idea to have these other accounts? And run them personally.

You head an organization. You need some dirt or need to do some propaganda, you get someone else to do the dirty work. You canít get an intern to run this crap?

A vpn? Obviously he wasnít tech saavy if he was going to do all this subterfuge.

Bye.


It seems the accounts were mostly to blow off steam. It must be frustrating to not be able to address certain things publicly because of your professional responsibilities but that is part of the job. He probably never imagined getting caught, especially since he was spreading it across 5 accounts. But he did get caught and so he's gotta go.


He's stupid for not doing it the old-fashioned way -- leaking stuff to reporters who'll go out of their way to protect their source (and their access and earnings).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 22644
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1002406168650657794?s=21

From Woj

Quote:
ESPN reporting with @ZachLowe_NBA: As internal probe on Twitter activity increasingly focuses on his family, Sixers ownership seriously considering dismissal of Bryan Colangelo.


They're prepping the press release. He won't survive this.


surprised he has not already been terminated.....it would be nearly impossible to prove his or someone close to hims innocence....and the 76'ers cannot allow this to linger out there through the draft and FA.

they should bring back the man who started the rebuild to finish the process....and yes, I am a fan of Sam Hinkie.
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 9408

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1002406168650657794?s=21

From Woj

Quote:
ESPN reporting with @ZachLowe_NBA: As internal probe on Twitter activity increasingly focuses on his family, Sixers ownership seriously considering dismissal of Bryan Colangelo.


They're prepping the press release. He won't survive this.


surprised he has not already been terminated.....it would be nearly impossible to prove his or someone close to hims innocence....and the 76'ers cannot allow this to linger out there through the draft and FA.

they should bring back the man who started the rebuild to finish the process....and yes, I am a fan of Sam Hinkie.

well on the reverse, how can they prove 100% that he did it? Did they find logins of these accounts on his office computers and such?
_________________
anti-tank.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB