whats a competitive price for tree trimming in socal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject: whats a competitive price for tree trimming in socal

I got 3 trees that need trimming... 2 in the front pretty close to the curb and one in the back yard. No taller than about 40 feet and a pretty typical density of bushiness for lack of a better way to describe them.

Just curious whats a competitive price to get this done around here
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

Just use thumbtack. Write the job description then choose amongst the bidders.
axs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Most landscapers give out free quotes... just do that? Most people are going to want to see it in person before giving out a quote.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:26 pm    Post subject:

I do not live in the area, so I cannot give you a rough price.....but when I have had it done in the past, the service provider always needed to see it in person before they would give me a number. If you do not have any personal references....just search a local pennysaver for licensed and insured service providers....maybe do a google search for any reviews, pick 3 and schedule them about an hour or two apart on a day you have free to give you a quote.

I would not worry about them crossing paths....one time I had a landscaping guy arrive early while another was finishing up a quote.....think that caused both to give me their most competitive quote because they were both much lower than the other two quotes I received. Once you choose one, verify their license/insurance.

fwiw, in Florida, I have a corner lot, and it has 4 Oak Trees that wrap around from front to back....they were only about 25'-30' tall almost 2 years ago when they needed trimmed. I think the guy did them for $175 each....he may have came down to $150 each. There was a few other things he did with some Palms and hedges, so I do not recall exact pricing.....but I recall $175 because my father later told me he thought I paid too much.....but he always thinks I paid too much.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

I can't believe a thread like this is appearing on Lakersground. I have a tree in my front yard that needs pruning and looks scraggly. My neighbor has the exact same tree, his has been pruned over the years and looks so much stronger and healthier. Is there a particular time for pruning/trimming of trees than is better/worse than other times? Are there particular qualifications for tree trimming/pruning, like being an arborist? Enquiring minds want to know.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

If the trees in front are on city property maybe you can have the city prune them.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

I've got a 40ft Sycamore in my front yard that I just had trimmed. My mom works for a large Landscaping company here in the Bay Area and was able to get me a significant discount from their Tree Service department (cost me $260 for the one tree). The quotes I'd gotten from other tree service companies was between $400-$600 for the one tree.

Hope this helps.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
I can't believe a thread like this is appearing on Lakersground. I have a tree in my front yard that needs pruning and looks scraggly. My neighbor has the exact same tree, his has been pruned over the years and looks so much stronger and healthier. Is there a particular time for pruning/trimming of trees than is better/worse than other times? Are there particular qualifications for tree trimming/pruning, like being an arborist? Enquiring minds want to know.

Yes, normally you'll want an Arborist to do it if you want it done right. I had mine done about 2 weeks ago and nobody mentioned any specific time of year that is best for pruning so I can't speak to that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: