What do you think the Lakers will do with Deng?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think the Lakers will do with Deng?
Trade him with picks and cash for cap space
35%
 35%  [ 28 ]
Trade him with Hart and a pick for cap space
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Trade him with Kuzma for cap space and an asset
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Trade him with Ingram for cap space and an asset
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Stretch him
19%
 19%  [ 15 ]
Keep him
28%
 28%  [ 22 ]
other: post what you think
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 78

fusuyballer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: What do you think the Lakers will do with Deng?

scoobs wrote:
What do you think the Lakers will do with Deng? Not what you want to happen, but what you think will happen. Be honest.

I honestly do not know what will happen because I do not know enough about the cap or all the different things that goes into it.

I will say this though, if we get Lebron and George, think about it, whose the odd man out? I say it's Brandon Ingram. And as much as Brandon has grown on me, I think he'll be the odd man out and here's a couple of reasons why:

1. He practically plays the same position as LBJ and Paul G.

2. You may be able to package him with Deng and actually get a solid veteran back in return and maybe even score a draft pick?

3.As much as he improves, his potential still has a big question mark?

4.His thin frame and style of play makes (and recent injuries) me think that he's injury prone. I say he's high risk and probably will never reach superstar level. I say he's borderline very good to allstar at his best......so if we move him now (while he his value his high, contract is cheap) it will allow us to keep Randle (who to me has the better body and potential) and Kuzma who is the kind of in-between player that you want on your team. Kuzma is the type of guy who can start or come off the bench and just give you buckets and he'll be able to adjust to playing with Paul George or Lebron in whatever role you give him...plus he's cheaper and has less years in the league.

5. DONT EVER MORTGAGE YOUR YOUTH FOR THE NOW. LONZO, KUZMA, RANDLE, HART, ARE THE GUYS THAT WILL HELP LBJ AND GEORGE TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND BE HERE AFTER...IF YOU HAVE TO GET RID OF ONE, I SAY BI IS THE ODD GUY OUT AND WE SITLL HAVE A SOLID CORE OF YOUTH.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject:

If we get the 2 max to commit then I see Deng being dumped to a team with one of our young guys, along with our pick next year and maybe a pickswap the season after. That'd be the likely outcome since you'd be going for a 3 year championship window that has no place for rookies.

Extend Stretch he's on the cap for 3 mil a year for the next 11 years is also an option, this way we don't give up any assets at the expense of a future cap handicap. It sounds like a minor handicap going forward but the length of it is what should give the FO doubt.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: