If George and James comes, who do you keep?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Keep: Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Hart,
Maybe: Thomas Bryant see how much he has improved in Summer League.

Randle hopefully can be apart of a trade for another great player or assets like draft picks, etc. With both George and Lebron here, I don’t see the fit with Randle here unless he longer arms or was two inches taller.

I see Lebron playing more in the post, too, which would directly conflict with Randle.

That and Randle wouldn’t even be starting. Why pay 20 mill+ for somebody who would be coming off the bench? It’s already hard enough to have Kuzma come off the bench in this scenario.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Wade on LeBron's Free Agency: "I don’t think it’s a basketball thing… I don’t really think for him the basketball decision is 'Oh let me go team up with 3 All-Stars.' … it’s moreso a lifestyle thing. 'Where is my family going to be the most comfortable at? Where am I going to be the happiest at?'"

not sure if this has been posted but
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Start Zubac for 2 minutes. Then play Randle there. He's going to love attacking 5s and trying to foul them out all game long.

He gets dominated by guys bigger than him from time to time and is good for a couple of offensive charges a game.

In the playoffs, it would be HIM that fouls out before the big guarding him would.

1. Do you really think he's going to get those same Iso shots?
2. Don't you think he can just drive around almost all other 5s without issue?

Considering his USG and frequency... his charge rate has gone down drastically. But then again, I'd dare a center to take 2 running back hits like that.

1. That’s up to Randle. He’s the one that creates those iso situations instead of constantly setting picks/screens and lack of jump shooting.
2. In the playoffs? Absolutely not. JaVele McGee could keep up with him athletically and block him every time he tries.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
Quote:

Wade on LeBron's Free Agency: "I don’t think it’s a basketball thing… I don’t really think for him the basketball decision is 'Oh let me go team up with 3 All-Stars.' … it’s moreso a lifestyle thing. 'Where is my family going to be the most comfortable at? Where am I going to be the happiest at?'"

Clearly he means Philly. The family is craving another gray crap hole.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
Quote:

Politically, no other place than California fits Lebron more. Most democratic state in the country vs Texas, the most republican state of the country.

Pretty easy choice for Lebron here too.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Endless3D wrote:
Quote:

Obviously Toronto cuz Drake. Nah, Utah.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Start Zubac for 2 minutes. Then play Randle there. He's going to love attacking 5s and trying to foul them out all game long.

He gets dominated by guys bigger than him from time to time and is good for a couple of offensive charges a game.

In the playoffs, it would be HIM that fouls out before the big guarding him would.

1. Do you really think he's going to get those same Iso shots?
2. Don't you think he can just drive around almost all other 5s without issue?

Considering his USG and frequency... his charge rate has gone down drastically. But then again, I'd dare a center to take 2 running back hits like that.

1. That’s up to Randle. He’s the one that creates those iso situations instead of constantly setting picks/screens and lack of jump shooting.
2. In the playoffs? Absolutely not. JaVele McGee could keep up with him athletically and block him every time he tries.

We're in pretty strong disagreement here. When Randle was getting PnR roll-man touches, that's when his efficiency skyrocketed. I'm pretty sure it'll be similar to that if PG and LeBron are running the offense.

JaVale McGee? Nah. I think there's too much focus about Randle being outsized (dude has gone up against Embiid and KAT for pete's sake), but not about how he would be a stud #3 or #4 guy if/when PG13 and LeBron are on the team anyway.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't trade any of our youth to accommodate PG and Lebron.. Not a single one of them.

Looking forward to the season starting with Kuz, and Ingram so we can stop seeing trade proposals for them in almost every thread on LG.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Keep Kuzma and Ingram.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

As long as we have BI, Zo and Kuz - I’m good.

But I’d looooove to keep Hart.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Randle vs. Golden State this season: 19.5 points (58% fg), 8.8 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 0.5 steals, 0.8 blocks in 29.8 minutes
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
Keep Kuzma and Ingram.

I’d love to keep Julius as well somehow.

I would gladly ship out Ball.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:51 am    Post subject:

We keep all the young guys,you resign Julius, although he's still our best trade bait going forward and he gives us the most leverage. I say you possibly resign Lopez to another 1 year deal worth some decent money and do the same for IT. KCP is a toss up...
Deng we can only hope to stretch because I'm sure no one will take him.
Zubac+Frye+Pope+Ennis+Wear+Carusso are all exited out IMO.

However I truly doubt we get LeBron and George, I think George is more of a possibility. For some reason if LBJ comes to LA, I'm thinking more the Clippers than the Lakers, but they really won't have a team either. Something tells me he comes West, but it will be Houston, where his son can have an opportunity to continue to flourish and his dad can possibly win one more ring with a CP3/Harden three headed monster, to try to compete against GSW.

I think we sign one "Max" player this off-season in George and retain our own Crop of Free Agents maybe with the exception of KCP. But we maybe able to keep him also.

I'm predicting the Lakers roster next season would look something like this:
(Bold is Free Agents Signed/Italic is Players Drafted)

Ball
Ingram
George
Randle
Lopez
IT
Hart
Grayson Allen
Kuzma
Nerlens Noel
Mitchell Robinson

That team gives us a lot of youth and athleticism mixed with some very talented vets. With another year of chemistry that team and the addition of a Star Player in PG13, that team is poised for a run in the playoffs.

Maybe we can luck up and pickup a player like Avery Bradley who can score and defend then that would round us out in terms of talent. IMO you simply can't pass up on a player like IT, he fit pretty well within our team and system, he's a player you invest in. Not the Max, but definitely lock him in if only for leverage purpose later down the road.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
We keep all the young guys,you resign Julius, although he's still our best trade bait going forward and he gives us the most leverage. I say you possibly resign Lopez to another 1 year deal worth some decent money and do the same for IT. KCP is a toss up...
Deng we can only hope to stretch because I'm sure no one will take him.
Zubac+Frye+Pope+Ennis+Wear+Carusso are all exited out IMO.

However I truly doubt we get LeBron and George, I think George is more of a possibility. For some reason if LBJ comes to LA, I'm thinking more the Clippers than the Lakers, but they really won't have a team either. Something tells me he comes West, but it will be Houston, where his son can have an opportunity to continue to flourish and his dad can possibly win one more ring with a CP3/Harden three headed monster, to try to compete against GSW.

I think we sign one "Max" player this off-season in George and retain our own Crop of Free Agents maybe with the exception of KCP. But we maybe able to keep him also.

I'm predicting the Lakers roster next season would look something like this:
(Bold is Free Agents Signed/Italic is Players Drafted)

Ball
Ingram
George
Randle
Lopez
IT
Hart
Grayson Allen
Kuzma
Nerlens Noel
Mitchell Robinson

That team gives us a lot of youth and athleticism mixed with some very talented vets. With another year of chemistry that team and the addition of a Star Player in PG13, that team is poised for a run in the playoffs.

Maybe we can luck up and pickup a player like Avery Bradley who can score and defend then that would round us out in terms of talent. IMO you simply can't pass up on a player like IT, he fit pretty well within our team and system, he's a player you invest in. Not the Max, but definitely lock him in if only for leverage purpose later down the road.

Allen
Noel
Mitchell Robinson

You just love the high character guys don’t you?

Pass on IT. Cant trust his health which means his offense won’t outweigh his issues on defense anymore.

LbJ to the Clippers? They aren’t even on his radar. They are a joke of a franchise and I’m sure CP3 told him how disfunctkonal they hard. CP3 doesn’t like Doc or his son. Not happening.

Where do you come up with these things? Sabotage Lakers r us?
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject:

You keep
Ball
Kuz
Ingram
Randle
Hart

Do everything in your power to keep that core together.
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject:

Would you do Deng, Ingram for Taurean Prince, #19 pick from Atlanta?

Taurean Prince will be a serviceable 3 and D backup wing.

Randle/Lopez/Bryant
Kuzma/#25 (Mitch Robinson?)/Vet Min (Jeff Green?)
Lebron/Prince
PG/Hart
Ball/#19/Vet Min (Devin Harris?)

Last edited by Zubolo on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
Keep Kuzma and Ingram.

I’d love to keep Julius as well somehow.

I would gladly ship out Ball.

This is the correct answer. Lonzo is just not a good fit next to Lebron relatively speaking (unless he fixes his shot).
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

Zubolo wrote:
Would you do Deng, Ingram for Taurean Prince, #19 pick from Atlanta?

Taurean Prince will be a serviceable 3 and D backup wing.

Randle/Lopez/Bryant
Kuzma/#25 (Mitch Robinson?)/Vet Min (Jeff Green?)
Lebron/Prince
PG/Hart
Ball/#19/Vet Min (Devin Harris?)

Not saying I would do it but just throwing it out there.

What I would much rather do is provide the following package to Atlanta in order for them to take Deng off our hands

1. Willingness to swap #25 for #30
2. 2019 and 2021 1st round picks
3. $5m in buyout money
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: