Kobe Bryant doesn't buy the "LeBron has no help" excuses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject:

Yeah I agree with fusuyballer's point. Obviously I'd welcome Lebron with open arms if he's really planning to come here, but I wouldn't make him the prime target (I still think most energy should be focused on getting PG as he looks like a good candidate for our style).

Lebron heroball is pretty ugly in my opinion. I would hope that if we sign him that he's ready to adapt to team ball because it will be easier for everyone involved.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Compared to GS and Houston, every team is terrible. Super teams are where it’s at these days. That’s why CP3 went to Houston. And it looked like it was going to work until his injury. He never “figured it out” with New Orleans and the Clippers.

Seems like what Kobe is talking about is an idea that’s outdated. These days when you can’t figure it out, you create (or join up with) a super team. Lebron and Durant won rings doing it, and CP3 made the conference finals which is like winning a championship for him.

cp3 never had a chance to "figure it out"

you guys are missing kobe's point.

Lets go over this slowly.

The bron narrative is this.

He's the greatest... look at how many times he's been to the finals.

Other basketball minds say "yeah but look at how weak the east has been the entire time."

bron lovers: he's the greatest who else is in the finals like this?

Other basketball minds " i just told you, the east is super weak its much easier to do that in the east."

Kobe says " Once you get to the finals, odds are you're teammates are good enough you dont need to get more stars to help. you're already good enough to get that far." "now all you need to do is coach your teammates up to be the best they can be."

Ask yourselves. was JR smith the best he could be? Kevin love played better, Was Green the best he could be? how about clarkson? how's about hood? I'll give them a pass on G hill he had back spasms.

So if the bron lovers are saying he's great because he keeps getting to the finals. Then that means the eastern conf comp is great. which means his teammates are more than capable of beating whoever they face in the finals since they keep getting their thru stiff comp.

OR the bron lovers will finally have to admit. the east is weak. which makes bron getting to the finals not so big of a deal. and would mean thats why he can keep getting to the finals with this same roster more or less even though he wont win. its because the east is so much weaker than the west. Which would also make a case for no more conferences. and lets have the 2 best on opposite brackets.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

whatever Kobe is saying, it's funny his first real criticism comes at a time when lebron could literally be weeks away from signing with us.

reminds me of when shaq was bashing dwight right after he signed here.

i smell insecurity.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Compared to GS and Houston, every team is terrible. Super teams are where it’s at these days. That’s why CP3 went to Houston. And it looked like it was going to work until his injury. He never “figured it out” with New Orleans and the Clippers.

Seems like what Kobe is talking about is an idea that’s outdated. These days when you can’t figure it out, you create (or join up with) a super team. Lebron and Durant won rings doing it, and CP3 made the conference finals which is like winning a championship for him.

cp3 never had a chance to "figure it out"

you guys are missing kobe's point.

Lets go over this slowly.

The bron narrative is this.

He's the greatest... look at how many times he's been to the finals.

Other basketball minds say "yeah but look at how weak the east has been the entire time."

bron lovers: he's the greatest who else is in the finals like this?

Other basketball minds " i just told you, the east is super weak its much easier to do that in the east."

Kobe says " Once you get to the finals, odds are you're teammates are good enough you dont need to get more stars to help. you're already good enough to get that far." "now all you need to do is coach your teammates up to be the best they can be."

Ask yourselves. was JR smith the best he could be? Kevin love played better, Was Green the best he could be? how about clarkson? how's about hood? I'll give them a pass on G hill he had back spasms.

So if the bron lovers are saying he's great because he keeps getting to the finals. Then that means the eastern conf comp is great. which means his teammates are more than capable of beating whoever they face in the finals since they keep getting their thru stiff comp.

OR the bron lovers will finally have to admit. the east is weak. which makes bron getting to the finals not so big of a deal. and would mean thats why he can keep getting to the finals with this same roster more or less even though he wont win. its because the east is so much weaker than the west. Which would also make a case for no more conferences. and lets have the 2 best on opposite brackets.

hell yes.
also...if his teammates are so bad, how come people like love and wade were mvp candidates before lebron teams up with them, then all of a sudden they are just bad role players? I thought he makes everyone better.
Janggoon8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

This thread brings me back. Like nothing ever changed. Human behavior is predictable.

Kobe's right, tho.
fusuyballer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

everyhing kobe said about lebron is right... anyone seeing lebron's diva behavior now?

he just passes the ball to hill, love, etc and then takes it on the chin to golden state...

lebron james is like a person who thinks that because he does his job well, no one can say anything to him. the media has been puffing his ego up and kobe called him on his sH*1!

Kobe doesnt give a damn about who lebron james think he is..because lebron is 2 inches taller and has 40 lbs on kobe, other than that, kobe knows he's the more skilled player.

Lebron can hide behind his size and this idea that he's such a great teammate but thats exactly his problem. His "nice guy" act is what caused him to hang around cleveland too long, co-sign for guys that dont show up as players - which is bad leadership -- and finally when all goes wrong, for him to kind of hang his head low like the victim.

Kobe told Lebron right and as expected these same idiots in the media who try to put lebron on a pedestal tried to cut kobe's man parts off ..this is the same crap charles barkley went through for suggesting that maybe lebron has enough help to beat Golden state?

which i agree with. lebron should find a way to beat durant, curry, thompson, with kyrie, love, thompson, or he simply has to ack that his talent level is only a little bit better than durant's...and he's playing in a weaker conference...u cant have it both ways.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

ESPN looking like straight up fools today, some of them get what Kobe was saying, others are like "Kobe just doesn't want history to forget him cause LeBron is so much better than him." and "Kobe didn't wanna 'figure it out' when he had Smush Parker did he?!" completely missing the point of what Kobe said, and the fact Kobe included getting to the Finals in what he said as part of the equation. Kobe never made the Finals with Smush.

But leave it to ESPN to completely miss the point, and only utilize one sentence, so they can defend their Bron Bron.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ESPN looking like straight up fools today, some of them get what Kobe was saying, others are like "Kobe just doesn't want history to forget him cause LeBron is so much better than him." and "Kobe didn't wanna 'figure it out' when he had Smush Parker did he?!" completely missing the point of what Kobe said, and the fact Kobe included getting to the Finals in what he said as part of the equation. Kobe never made the Finals with Smush.

But leave it to ESPN to completely miss the point, and only utilize one sentence, so they can defend their Bron Bron.

I mean, Kobe didn't "figure it out" against the Pistons.
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Worst officiated NBA Finals I have ever seen. (2006 was also very bad).
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
The Grind wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Kobe said he wanted out in 2007 because promises to make the team better were not kept.

That doesn’t sound like someone who believes you “just” have to figure it out.

Seems like he doesn’t think you need teammates to win.

But didn't he stay and figure it out tho? Seems like you're indicting on the thought crime.

Well, I don’t know if he stayed more than the Lakers refused to trade him but that is neither here nor there.

My point is only that it is more than just “figuring it out”. Quality of teammates, etc.

We spend countless hours talking about how bad Kobes teammates were in some years not saying he shoulda figured it out.

He would have left in 2004 (wanted a sign and trade with the Bulls, even more than he wanted the Clippers), and would have left in 2007, but the Lakers were demanding stars.

Buss had a deal worked out with the Pistons in 2007 and Kobe turned it down.

It would have been awful for us, IMO, had we traded him to Detroit.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

ESPN is 100% right. You think it is a coincidence Kobe is running his mouth about Lebron at the time when the conversation is Lebron VS MJ and Kobe is not being included? Why wasn't he talking like this mid-season? The commentators make the statements they do because they aren't stupid. They know the only reason Kobe has more rings than Lebron is because of Shaq. The 3 time Finals MVP. If it wasn't for Shaq, Lebron would still have 3 and Kobe would have 2.

Max Kellerman is right:

And I agree with Stephen Jackson on Lebron's leadership:

Meanwhile while Kobe continues his obsession with Lebron, Lebron being a professional doesn't fire back.

Last edited by george w kush on Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
MJST wrote:

ESPN is 100% right. You think it is a coincidence Kobe is running his mouth about Lebron at the time when the conversation is Lebron VS MJ and Kobe is not being included? Why wasn't he talking like this mid-season?

Max Kellerman is right:

Meanwhile while Kobe continues his obsession with Lebron, Lebron being a professional doesn't fire back.

BTW if you want Lebron on the Lakers, I think it's good news to hear Kobe talk about him negatively. He must know Lebron is coming here soon and is trying to sabotage it.

Wrong!! Stop trolling

Kobe was ASKED about this and he answered truthfully and he is correct in his analysis of Lebron's situation
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
george w kush wrote:
MJST wrote:

ESPN is 100% right. You think it is a coincidence Kobe is running his mouth about Lebron at the time when the conversation is Lebron VS MJ and Kobe is not being included? Why wasn't he talking like this mid-season?

Max Kellerman is right:

BTW if you want Lebron on the Lakers, I think it's good news to hear Kobe talk about him negatively. He must know Lebron is coming here soon and is trying to sabotage it.

Wrong!! Stop trolling

Kobe was ASKED about this and he answered truthfully and he is correct in his analysis of Lebron's situation

So agreeing with commentators on ESPN = Trolling? Ok...

And you must not be aware there have been plenty on other tweets/quotes from Kobe bashing Lebron in the last few days. It's not just what is linked on the OPs first post, which is why those 2 videos I posted came out today. BTW have you ever heard Lebron bash Kobe in ANYWAY at all? I haven't. He's only said positive things about him in the past.

BTW if you support Lebron coming to the Lakers, the Lebron bashing from Kobe might actually be good news. He must know Lebrons on his way to LA.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
george w kush wrote:
MJST wrote:

Max Kellerman is right:

Wrong!! Stop trolling

And you must not be aware there have been plenty on other tweets/quotes from Kobe bashing Lebron in the last few days. It's not just what is linked on the OPs first post, which is why those 2 videos I posted came out today. BTW have you ever heard Lebron bash Kobe in ANYWAY at all? I haven't. He's only said positive things about him in the past.

BTW if you support Lebron coming to the Lakers, the Lebron bashing from Kobe might actually be good news. He must know Lebrons on his way to LA.

He hasn't bashed Lebron at all. You are straight up making up lies and trolling. He was responding to someone else's tweet saying Kobe didnt face the competition Lebron did, which is a fair and truthful response from Kobe.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
MJST wrote:

He didn't and he doesn't excuse himself, Shaq, Phil, or the team for it. Actually he blames himself. But hey, keep spewing crap and excusing the GLOAT.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
^ Right. But what was the reason we lost in 2008?

Was it because Kobe didnt “figure it out” or was it because the help we received hadn’t had time to gel yet?

I’m thinking its the latter because I don’t believe it all boils down to just “figuring it out”.

Kobe didn't figure it out in 2008. He doesn't seek excuses for that loss like LeBron. He owns up to his losses. That's the point.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
PG13 wrote:
MJST wrote:

He didn't and he doesn't excuse himself, Shaq, Phil, or the team for it. Actually he blames himself. But hey, keep spewing crap and excusing the GLOAT.

EXACTLY!! Kobe took full blame for the 2004 Finals loss during that 1 on 1 interview with Shaq earlier this year.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Was it because Kobe didnt “figure it out” or was it because the help we received hadn’t had time to gel yet?

I’m thinking its the latter because I don’t believe it all boils down to just “figuring it out”.

Kobe didn't figure it out in 2008. He doesn't seek excuses for that loss like LeBron. He owns up to his losses. That's the point.

Is Lebron seeking excuses for his losses?
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Yes. That's why he wore that stupid arm brace post game even though it was only a hand contusion (bruise).
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Is this really a question? Geez.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:

Yes. He wore a cast to his post-game interview after he was eliminated. He tried to craft his own excuse narrative and the media, of course, ran with it.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
PG13 wrote:

Yes. He wore a cast to his post-game interview after he was eliminated. He tried to craft his own excuse narrative and the media, of course, ran with it.

lol
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
george w kush wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
george w kush wrote:
MJST wrote:

Max Kellerman is right:

Wrong!! Stop trolling

He hasn't bashed Lebron at all. You are straight up making up lies and trolling. He was responding to someone else's tweet saying Kobe didnt face the competition Lebron did, which is a fair and truthful response from Kobe.

So how am I 'straight up lying' if you're admitting he said it in response to a tweet someone else sent to him? Does that make sense to you?

Meanwhile, I'm sure Lebron gets plenty of Anti-Lebron/Pro-Kobe tweets coming into his own feed and ignores them? Just admit it, Kobe is acting petty right now with all of these quotes/tweets coming from him. He bashes Lebron, bashed Pau, told a fan he wanted Bynum shipped out in a parking lot of all places, bashed and even snitched on Shaq, etc...Meanwhile Lebron hasn't bashed anyone, like EVER that I can think of? Players or management. In fact the guy had an opportunity to throw JR Smith under a bus on the game 1 post game conference and even tried covering for him once asked what JR said to him after the clock expired. Imagine what Kobe would have done? Dude would have assaulted him on the way back to the bench.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject:

https://sports.yahoo.com/lebron-james-played-finals-hand-contusion-suffered-punching-blackboard-game-1-044804918.html

Somehow contusion became "broken hand" and it's because of Lebron. First thing out of his mouth after the sweep was "I played with a broken hand"

He also said before game 4 that Warriors were way more stacked and was making excuses about his lack of talent.

I will give him credit he's done a magnificent job of keeping key media members on his side to shift the narrative when he loses.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
george w kush wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
george w kush wrote:
MJST wrote:

Max Kellerman is right:

Wrong!! Stop trolling

So how am I 'straight up lying' if you're admitting he said it in response to a tweet someone else sent to him? Does that make sense to you?

Meanwhile, I'm sure Lebron gets plenty of Anti-Lebron/Pro-Kobe tweets coming into his own feed and ignores them? Just admit it, Kobe is acting petty right now with all of these quotes/tweets coming from him. He bashes Lebron, bashed Pau, told a fan he wanted Bynum shipped out in a parking lot of all places, bashed and even snitched on Shaq, etc...Meanwhile Lebron hasn't bashed anyone, like EVER that I can think of? Players or management. In fact the guy had an opportunity to throw JR Smith under a bus on the game 1 post game conference and even tried covering for him once asked what JR said to him after the clock expired. Imagine what Kobe would have done? Dude would have assaulted him on the way back to the bench.

You're lying because he never BASHED Lebron. Mod honestly this dude is straight up lying making up stuff and trolling. He's not even a Lakers fan, just a Kobe hater/Lebron homer
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 14 of 19
Jump to: