Kobe Bryant doesn't buy the "LeBron has no help" excuses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 4347
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
slavavov wrote:
YSong wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
I always viewed LeBron as someone who isn't very mentally tough like that of Kobe or MJ. Shaq challenged Dwight and he bounced, although I wouldn't call LeBron mentally weak to that extent.


Maybe 5 yrs ago but that “mentally weak” bit doesn’t apply anymore

Every time I think Lebron has gotten over that "mentally weak" hump, he does something new that makes him seem mentally weak.

It looked bad enough when he talked about playing with a broken hand after the fact in the finals, when he didn't ever wear any protection on it during the games, but now that it's been revealed that his hand was only bruised, and yet he claimed that it was broken, i.e. a fractured metacarpal makes me lose some of the respect I've gained for him in the last 2 years.



I understand your point of view. To me, “mentally weak” is a loaded term that is hard to discuss in a meaningful way. I agree that in the past Lebron has shown hesitancy to shoot in key moments; I haven’t seen any on-the-court failings like that in many years. He certainly has a big ego, and the hand thing might definitely relate to that, but I am not sure if that has any impact on what happens on the court. It could be like "The Decision" -- a big a-hole move that really doesn't say anything about him as a player. There's a lot of guys on the GOAT short-list who I've seen act like a-holes off the court, but it doesn't affect how I rank or view them as players.

You can call it what you want, but the whole way he handled his hand "injury" looked bad at the very least. Now, it looks a whole lot worse now that we know it was only a bruise and not a fracture. To me, it sounds really weak and melodramatic for him to act like it was broken if it was only bruised. I've had a broken hand before, and there's a HUGE difference between a bruised and broken hand.
_________________
"Lindsay Hunter is starting to make Devean George look like John Stockton" - Bill Walton, Game 4 of the 2002 WCFs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 1913

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject:

PG13 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
MJST wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Yeah, it is weird that kobe chooses now to go at LeBron...


I'm thinking Kobe seeing them trying to hand LeBron participation trophies and trying to make it mean as much as Championships brought the Mamba back out

Heck even today on ESPN they were trying to say that LeBron didn't 'really' get swept because he 'really kinda sorta' won Game 1 It's ridiculous.


Fine. But maybe the mamba might want to remember he was a smart competitor too, and not poke a guy we're trying to recruit?


He was a smart competitor, but he also had no time for guys that couldn't take constructive criticism or someone going at them.

So I'd figure in Kobe's mind, if LeBron can't handle this, then...

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT1XGESDlxj0GwoDRe/giphy.gif


Handle what? Lol. Lebron has 3 rings and a bunch of MVPs. He doesn't need to prove something to anyone.


Then he should also not feel insecure about what somebody says.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 26817

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
activeverb wrote:
slavavov wrote:
YSong wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
I always viewed LeBron as someone who isn't very mentally tough like that of Kobe or MJ. Shaq challenged Dwight and he bounced, although I wouldn't call LeBron mentally weak to that extent.


Maybe 5 yrs ago but that “mentally weak” bit doesn’t apply anymore

Every time I think Lebron has gotten over that "mentally weak" hump, he does something new that makes him seem mentally weak.

It looked bad enough when he talked about playing with a broken hand after the fact in the finals, when he didn't ever wear any protection on it during the games, but now that it's been revealed that his hand was only bruised, and yet he claimed that it was broken, i.e. a fractured metacarpal makes me lose some of the respect I've gained for him in the last 2 years.



I understand your point of view. To me, “mentally weak” is a loaded term that is hard to discuss in a meaningful way. I agree that in the past Lebron has shown hesitancy to shoot in key moments; I haven’t seen any on-the-court failings like that in many years. He certainly has a big ego, and the hand thing might definitely relate to that, but I am not sure if that has any impact on what happens on the court. It could be like "The Decision" -- a big a-hole move that really doesn't say anything about him as a player. There's a lot of guys on the GOAT short-list who I've seen act like a-holes off the court, but it doesn't affect how I rank or view them as players.

You can call it what you want, but the whole way he handled his hand "injury" looked bad at the very least. Now, it looks a whole lot worse now that we know it was only a bruise and not a fracture. To me, it sounds really weak and melodramatic for him to act like it was broken if it was only bruised. I've had a broken hand before, and there's a HUGE difference between a bruised and broken hand.


I understand your position. Funny, you had a broken hand, and I've had a bone bruise in my hand. It was enormously painful, very limiting, and took a long time to heal. Based on my experience, I don't really have any trouble with someone describing a bone bruise as basically a broken bone. Though, of course, I don't know the full extent of his injury so I have no way to truly analyze it. But I can also understand how our individual personal experiences will color how we view this. I probably would minimize a bone bruise myself if I hadn't come through one, so I'm probably more sympathetic about this than you are.

Oh, and as an FYI, a bone bruise is a fracture. There are four types of fractures in the human body -- stress fractures, osteochondral fractures, bone fractures and bone bruises. Technically, it is the stage before a bone fracture. In a bone fracture, all the bone trabeculae of that specific place are fractured. In case of a bone bruise only a few of the trabeculae are broken


Last edited by activeverb on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 17997
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

I've had broken bones and bruised bones. They're both painful af if you're going to try to play basketball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 17997
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:52 am    Post subject:

This comes off as Kobe being sensitive about his legacy. Like he has to defend it. It speaks for itself. Dissing LeBron on the eve of free agency or having/not having LBJ ever wear a Laker uniform won't add or subtract one iota from it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Mar 2015
Posts: 1133

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject:

Only people who have a problem with what Kobe said are insecure LeBron Stans that had their jimmies rustled.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
george w kush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 520

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
This comes off as Kobe being sensitive about his legacy. Like he has to defend it. It speaks for itself. Dissing LeBron on the eve of free agency or having/not having LBJ ever wear a Laker uniform won't add or subtract one iota from it.


As I've said, the timing of his comments is not a coincidence.

Here's Colin Cowherd on it:

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/featured/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/content/2018-06-12-lebron-james-could-outshine-kobe-bryant-in-la/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 83014
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
Only people who have a problem with what Kobe said are insecure LeBron Stans that had their jimmies rustled.


I’m not a “LeBron Stan”, and I’m bothered by it. It’s not a good look on the eve of a huge free agency period. That shouldn’t even be controversial, and absolutely wouldn’t be if we were talking about another team.

And rereading this and other threads, it seems you have it a bit backward. The insecurity seems to be coming from Kobe’s defenders. I give you guys some benefit as this is a Lakers site, but damn dude, there’s some serious projection going on.

That doesn’t absolve a few guys who seem to enjoy digging at Kobe. I see you too.
_________________
I guess I just miss my friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 17943
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

Number of 50 win teams beaten in the playoffs:
Kobe - 25
MJ - 20
Bron - 13.
_________________
Turn your losses into lessons. - Mike "The Situation"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
akk7
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 2763

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

I'm sure this has been brought up, but why didn't Kobe figure it out between 2005-2007?

He was so sick of his supporting cast he demanded a trade.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
george w kush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 520

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Number of 50 win teams beaten in the playoffs:
Kobe(without Shaq) - 10
MJ - 20
Bron - 13.




Fixed for you.


Last edited by george w kush on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 9758

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Number of 50 win teams beaten in the playoffs:
Kobe(without Shaq) - 13
MJ - 20
Bron - 13.




Fixed for you.


Omar Little wrote:


That doesn’t absolve a few guys who seem to enjoy digging at Kobe. I see you too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Mar 2015
Posts: 1133

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Batguano wrote:
Only people who have a problem with what Kobe said are insecure LeBron Stans that had their jimmies rustled.


I’m not a “LeBron Stan”, and I’m bothered by it. It’s not a good look on the eve of a huge free agency period. That shouldn’t even be controversial, and absolutely wouldn’t be if we were talking about another team.

And rereading this and other threads, it seems you have it a bit backward. The insecurity seems to be coming from Kobe’s defenders. I give you guys some benefit as this is a Lakers site, but damn dude, there’s some serious projection going on.

That doesn’t absolve a few guys who seem to enjoy digging at Kobe. I see you too.


Absolute worst timing for your post since George W. Kush just proved my point by posting the Cowturd clip.

3-6 Mafia has been spiraling across the internet since the Finals ended.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
george w kush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 520

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
I'm sure this has been brought up, but why didn't Kobe figure it out between 2005-2007?

He was so sick of his supporting cast he demanded a trade.


He's making these statements because he is frustrated he was not being considered in the GOAT conversation a few weeks ago, and now he is trying to sabotage our chances of getting Lebron because he doesn't want to see LA full of LeBron Laker jerseys.

BTW when has Lebron ever said anything negative about Kobe? He's said nothing but good things about him in the past. His comments reek of insecurity, and I am glad to see the media call him out on it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 3336

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Number of 50 win teams beaten in the playoffs:
Kobe - 25
MJ - 20
Bron - 13.


How many mj have without pip?
Bron without bosh/wade or love
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Mar 2017
Posts: 816

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Number of 50 win teams beaten in the playoffs:
Kobe(without Shaq) - 10
MJ - 20
Bron - 13.




Fixed for you.


Why is this guy not banned?
_________________
BBB back to back to back
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venky
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Jul 2012
Posts: 550

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

People still bringing up the Shaq angle regarding Kobe? Really? Even after he won back to back without him, bringing the total score 2-1? And that too, by some Laker fans? smh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venky
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Jul 2012
Posts: 550

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
akk7 wrote:
I'm sure this has been brought up, but why didn't Kobe figure it out between 2005-2007?

He was so sick of his supporting cast he demanded a trade.


He's making these statements because he is frustrated he was not being considered in the GOAT conversation a few weeks ago, and now he is trying to sabotage our chances of getting Lebron because he doesn't want to see LA full of LeBron Laker jerseys.

BTW when has Lebron ever said anything negative about Kobe? He's said nothing but good things about him in the past. His comments reek of insecurity, and I am glad to see the media call him out on it.


When has LeBron ever been in a position to critique Kobe? If he was, I'm sure he would say something. Kobe didn't run to the media, the media ran to him, all for clicks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
george w kush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 520

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject:

venky wrote:
george w kush wrote:
akk7 wrote:
I'm sure this has been brought up, but why didn't Kobe figure it out between 2005-2007?

He was so sick of his supporting cast he demanded a trade.


He's making these statements because he is frustrated he was not being considered in the GOAT conversation a few weeks ago, and now he is trying to sabotage our chances of getting Lebron because he doesn't want to see LA full of LeBron Laker jerseys.

BTW when has Lebron ever said anything negative about Kobe? He's said nothing but good things about him in the past. His comments reek of insecurity, and I am glad to see the media call him out on it.


When has LeBron ever been in a position to critique Kobe? If he was, I'm sure he would say something. Kobe didn't run to the media, the media ran to him, all for clicks.



Snitching on Shaq to the police? Complaining about roster personel and wanting to get traded to the Bulls? Butting heads with PJ? Publically advocating to trade teammates? The fact that he has the most missed shots in NBA history? The fact that the Lakers have never been able to recruit an all-star free agent during the post-Shaq years while Kobe was on the team while people actually want to sign to teams Lebron plays for? There is plenty of ammo Lebron could use but he stays silent. Besides like many commentators have already noted, Kobe is being a hypocrite considering the 'advice' he is giving out he never actually followed when he was playing.

Regarding your comment about if there was something Lebron could criticize him for we would, there are many players worthy of some type of criticism, be it stat padding, off the court issues, teammates that are difficult to deal with, but just keeps his mouth shut. Perfect example of this is he had an opportunity to rip JR Smith in the post game over his mistake, but instead tried covering for him when a reporter asked what Smith said to Lebron after the clock expired.

I would love for Lebron to sign with the Lakers and wing a couple of rings, that would be the best way to stick to Kobe. Kobe is going to be livid if Lebron actually signs here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venky
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Jul 2012
Posts: 550

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
venky wrote:
george w kush wrote:
akk7 wrote:
I'm sure this has been brought up, but why didn't Kobe figure it out between 2005-2007?

He was so sick of his supporting cast he demanded a trade.


He's making these statements because he is frustrated he was not being considered in the GOAT conversation a few weeks ago, and now he is trying to sabotage our chances of getting Lebron because he doesn't want to see LA full of LeBron Laker jerseys.

BTW when has Lebron ever said anything negative about Kobe? He's said nothing but good things about him in the past. His comments reek of insecurity, and I am glad to see the media call him out on it.


When has LeBron ever been in a position to critique Kobe? If he was, I'm sure he would say something. Kobe didn't run to the media, the media ran to him, all for clicks.



Snitching on Shaq to the police? Complaining about roster personel and wanting to get traded to the Bulls? Butting heads with PJ? Publically advocating to trade teammates? The fact that he has the most missed shots in NBA history? The fact that the Lakers have never been able to recruit an all-star free agent during the post-Shaq years while Kobe was on the team while people actually want to sign to teams Lebron plays for? There is plenty of ammo Lebron could use but he stays silent. Besides like many commentators have already noted, Kobe is being a hypocrite considering the 'advice' he is giving out he never actually followed when he was playing.


I would love for Lebron to sign with the Lakers and wing a couple of rings, that would be the best way to stick to Kobe. Kobe is going to be livid if Lebron actually signs here.


I don't think you understood my question, but perhaps that's my fault for not being clear.

What I tried to ask was, when has LeBron been in a position to be asked by the media to comment on Kobe regarding purely basketball in regards to winning or a lack of winning?

You seem to think Kobe is coming out of the woodwork to critique LeBron due to supposed insecurity, when all that is really happening is an all time great is being asked for his opinion by the media. And the timing of the media reaching out to Kobe can also be explained due to LeBron potentially coming to Kobe's city.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe LeBron was asked to comment on Kobe carrying scrubs like Kwame and Smush, and said nothing but nice things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
george w kush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 520

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

venky wrote:
george w kush wrote:
venky wrote:
george w kush wrote:
akk7 wrote:
I'm sure this has been brought up, but why didn't Kobe figure it out between 2005-2007?

He was so sick of his supporting cast he demanded a trade.


He's making these statements because he is frustrated he was not being considered in the GOAT conversation a few weeks ago, and now he is trying to sabotage our chances of getting Lebron because he doesn't want to see LA full of LeBron Laker jerseys.

BTW when has Lebron ever said anything negative about Kobe? He's said nothing but good things about him in the past. His comments reek of insecurity, and I am glad to see the media call him out on it.


When has LeBron ever been in a position to critique Kobe? If he was, I'm sure he would say something. Kobe didn't run to the media, the media ran to him, all for clicks.



Snitching on Shaq to the police? Complaining about roster personel and wanting to get traded to the Bulls? Butting heads with PJ? Publically advocating to trade teammates? The fact that he has the most missed shots in NBA history? The fact that the Lakers have never been able to recruit an all-star free agent during the post-Shaq years while Kobe was on the team while people actually want to sign to teams Lebron plays for? There is plenty of ammo Lebron could use but he stays silent. Besides like many commentators have already noted, Kobe is being a hypocrite considering the 'advice' he is giving out he never actually followed when he was playing.


I would love for Lebron to sign with the Lakers and wing a couple of rings, that would be the best way to stick to Kobe. Kobe is going to be livid if Lebron actually signs here.


I don't think you understood my question, but perhaps that's my fault for not being clear.

What I tried to ask was, when has LeBron been in a position to be asked by the media to comment on Kobe regarding purely basketball in regards to winning or a lack of winning?

You seem to think Kobe is coming out of the woodwork to critique LeBron due to supposed insecurity, when all that is really happening is an all time great is being asked for his opinion by the media. And the timing of the media reaching out to Kobe can also be explained due to LeBron potentially coming to Kobe's city.



Any time Lebron has been asked questions regarding Kobe, he has said nothing but positive things.

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/12/01/lebron-james-says-he-wanted-to-be-like-kobe-bryant.ap/

And if Lebron is asked about Kobe's career, you really think he's going to throw shade at Kobe? That's not his character. He's never done that to any player or coach, like EVER. And as evidenced with JR Smith, if a reporter tries to bait him into bashing a teammate, he will deflect the question. BTW some of those quotes from Kobe are in response to random fans on Twitter, they're not all reporters. Why a guy like Kobe thinks it's worth his time to bash Lebron to a random Twitter user is baffling to me. Wouldn't surprise me if he's got burner accounts set up so people can defend him by saying he was just answering someones question. It wouldn't shock me, as we know Durant has burner accounts he uses when he's criticized.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/18/16328032/kevin-durant-alleged-burner-fake-account-twitter-instagram-quiresultan


Last edited by george w kush on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venky
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Jul 2012
Posts: 550

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
venky wrote:
george w kush wrote:
venky wrote:
george w kush wrote:
akk7 wrote:
I'm sure this has been brought up, but why didn't Kobe figure it out between 2005-2007?

He was so sick of his supporting cast he demanded a trade.


He's making these statements because he is frustrated he was not being considered in the GOAT conversation a few weeks ago, and now he is trying to sabotage our chances of getting Lebron because he doesn't want to see LA full of LeBron Laker jerseys.

BTW when has Lebron ever said anything negative about Kobe? He's said nothing but good things about him in the past. His comments reek of insecurity, and I am glad to see the media call him out on it.


When has LeBron ever been in a position to critique Kobe? If he was, I'm sure he would say something. Kobe didn't run to the media, the media ran to him, all for clicks.



Snitching on Shaq to the police? Complaining about roster personel and wanting to get traded to the Bulls? Butting heads with PJ? Publically advocating to trade teammates? The fact that he has the most missed shots in NBA history? The fact that the Lakers have never been able to recruit an all-star free agent during the post-Shaq years while Kobe was on the team while people actually want to sign to teams Lebron plays for? There is plenty of ammo Lebron could use but he stays silent. Besides like many commentators have already noted, Kobe is being a hypocrite considering the 'advice' he is giving out he never actually followed when he was playing.


I would love for Lebron to sign with the Lakers and wing a couple of rings, that would be the best way to stick to Kobe. Kobe is going to be livid if Lebron actually signs here.


I don't think you understood my question, but perhaps that's my fault for not being clear.

What I tried to ask was, when has LeBron been in a position to be asked by the media to comment on Kobe regarding purely basketball in regards to winning or a lack of winning?

You seem to think Kobe is coming out of the woodwork to critique LeBron due to supposed insecurity, when all that is really happening is an all time great is being asked for his opinion by the media. And the timing of the media reaching out to Kobe can also be explained due to LeBron potentially coming to Kobe's city.



Any time Lebron has been asked questions regarding Kobe, he has said nothing but positive things.

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/12/01/lebron-james-says-he-wanted-to-be-like-kobe-bryant.ap/

And if Lebron is asked about Kobe's career, you really think he's going to throw shade at Kobe? That's not his character. He's never done that to any player or coach, like EVER. And as evidenced with JR Smith, if a reporter tries to bait him into bashing a teammate, he will deflect the question. BTW some of those quotes from Kobe are in response to random fans on Twitter, they're not all reporters. Why a guy like Kobe thinks it's worth his time to bash Lebron to a random Twitter user is baffling to me.


Don't you think there's world of difference in the context between what we're discussing here, and the article that you posted (Kobe's retirement year)?

Again, show me an instance of LeBron being asked his opinion when Kobe was struggling with Kwame and Smush, or the lack of success after 2010. That would be an apples to apples comparison.

The reality is, and to be fair, you can't speculate either way what LeBron would have said because he was never asked. So why do you think Kobe is insecure for offering his basketball opinion on a question that he was asked by the media?

Also, could you explain how Kobe was bashing LeBron in that twitter post? Seems to me like he was defending HIMSELF regarding the competition he has faced over his career, which that ignorant fan he responded to seemed to be unaware of.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 83014
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
venky wrote:
george w kush wrote:
akk7 wrote:
I'm sure this has been brought up, but why didn't Kobe figure it out between 2005-2007?

He was so sick of his supporting cast he demanded a trade.


He's making these statements because he is frustrated he was not being considered in the GOAT conversation a few weeks ago, and now he is trying to sabotage our chances of getting Lebron because he doesn't want to see LA full of LeBron Laker jerseys.

BTW when has Lebron ever said anything negative about Kobe? He's said nothing but good things about him in the past. His comments reek of insecurity, and I am glad to see the media call him out on it.


When has LeBron ever been in a position to critique Kobe? If he was, I'm sure he would say something. Kobe didn't run to the media, the media ran to him, all for clicks.



Snitching on Shaq to the police? Complaining about roster personel and wanting to get traded to the Bulls? Butting heads with PJ? Publically advocating to trade teammates? The fact that he has the most missed shots in NBA history? The fact that the Lakers have never been able to recruit an all-star free agent during the post-Shaq years while Kobe was on the team while people actually want to sign to teams Lebron plays for? There is plenty of ammo Lebron could use but he stays silent. Besides like many commentators have already noted, Kobe is being a hypocrite considering the 'advice' he is giving out he never actually followed when he was playing.

Regarding your comment about if there was something Lebron could criticize him for we would, there are many players worthy of some type of criticism, be it stat padding, off the court issues, teammates that are difficult to deal with, but just keeps his mouth shut. Perfect example of this is he had an opportunity to rip JR Smith in the post game over his mistake, but instead tried covering for him when a reporter asked what Smith said to Lebron after the clock expired.

I would love for Lebron to sign with the Lakers and wing a couple of rings, that would be the best way to stick to Kobe. Kobe is going to be livid if Lebron actually signs here.


You've reached the end of your leash. While I will protect unpopular opinions from the locals, you're just reveling in antagonizing people. Take it down about six notches.
_________________
I guess I just miss my friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
george w kush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 520

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

venky wrote:
george w kush wrote:
venky wrote:
george w kush wrote:
venky wrote:
george w kush wrote:
akk7 wrote:
I'm sure this has been brought up, but why didn't Kobe figure it out between 2005-2007?

He was so sick of his supporting cast he demanded a trade.


He's making these statements because he is frustrated he was not being considered in the GOAT conversation a few weeks ago, and now he is trying to sabotage our chances of getting Lebron because he doesn't want to see LA full of LeBron Laker jerseys.

BTW when has Lebron ever said anything negative about Kobe? He's said nothing but good things about him in the past. His comments reek of insecurity, and I am glad to see the media call him out on it.


When has LeBron ever been in a position to critique Kobe? If he was, I'm sure he would say something. Kobe didn't run to the media, the media ran to him, all for clicks.



Snitching on Shaq to the police? Complaining about roster personel and wanting to get traded to the Bulls? Butting heads with PJ? Publically advocating to trade teammates? The fact that he has the most missed shots in NBA history? The fact that the Lakers have never been able to recruit an all-star free agent during the post-Shaq years while Kobe was on the team while people actually want to sign to teams Lebron plays for? There is plenty of ammo Lebron could use but he stays silent. Besides like many commentators have already noted, Kobe is being a hypocrite considering the 'advice' he is giving out he never actually followed when he was playing.


I would love for Lebron to sign with the Lakers and wing a couple of rings, that would be the best way to stick to Kobe. Kobe is going to be livid if Lebron actually signs here.


I don't think you understood my question, but perhaps that's my fault for not being clear.

What I tried to ask was, when has LeBron been in a position to be asked by the media to comment on Kobe regarding purely basketball in regards to winning or a lack of winning?

You seem to think Kobe is coming out of the woodwork to critique LeBron due to supposed insecurity, when all that is really happening is an all time great is being asked for his opinion by the media. And the timing of the media reaching out to Kobe can also be explained due to LeBron potentially coming to Kobe's city.



Any time Lebron has been asked questions regarding Kobe, he has said nothing but positive things.

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/12/01/lebron-james-says-he-wanted-to-be-like-kobe-bryant.ap/

And if Lebron is asked about Kobe's career, you really think he's going to throw shade at Kobe? That's not his character. He's never done that to any player or coach, like EVER. And as evidenced with JR Smith, if a reporter tries to bait him into bashing a teammate, he will deflect the question. BTW some of those quotes from Kobe are in response to random fans on Twitter, they're not all reporters. Why a guy like Kobe thinks it's worth his time to bash Lebron to a random Twitter user is baffling to me.


Don't you think there's world of difference in the context between what we're discussing here, and the article that you posted (Kobe's retirement year)?

Again, show me an instance of LeBron being asked his opinion when Kobe was struggling with Kwame and Smush, or the lack of success after 2010. That would be an apples to apples comparison.

The reality is, and to be fair, you can't speculate either way what LeBron would have said because he was never asked.



I can't find a quote on Lebron being asked when Kobe was struggling with Kobe and Smush, but what I can say is I'm sure it's come up plenty of times in his Twitter account from random fans and he has never bothered responding to them. Meanwhile, Kobe responds to random people on Twitter with negative statements on Lebron. Furthermore like I said, he's never said anything negative about any other player so I don't know why he would start now? Especially directing it at a player who isn't even playing anymore.

It's easy to say all he's doing is answering a question, but you dont think it's a little hypocritical that his 'advice' is something he never followed himself as a player? I think it is, and I don't think the timing of it is a coincidence. He starts responding to random people on Twitter at the same time is name is no longer being brought up in the GOAT discussion? At a time where is possible, he might sign with the Lakers? And even if he is asked a question regarding Kobe and the Smush years, he'll fine some way to spin it in a positive way about Kobe. That's just how he is, and his personality is a reason why players sign up to play for him. Can't say the same for Kobe as couldn't land any big name free agents during the post-Shaq era.


I think is a great player and a top 10 player and I am grateful for the championships he brought the Lakers but the same time his recent behavior reeks of insecurity and there is plenty of evidence for it. At a time when we have caproom and trying to be a championship caliber team again this guy is trying to sabotage us getting a top 5 player the league has ever seen. It's clear to me he doesn't want Lebron wearing a Lakers uniform.


Last edited by george w kush on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venky
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Jul 2012
Posts: 550

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
venky wrote:
george w kush wrote:
venky wrote:
george w kush wrote:
venky wrote:
george w kush wrote:
akk7 wrote:
I'm sure this has been brought up, but why didn't Kobe figure it out between 2005-2007?

He was so sick of his supporting cast he demanded a trade.


He's making these statements because he is frustrated he was not being considered in the GOAT conversation a few weeks ago, and now he is trying to sabotage our chances of getting Lebron because he doesn't want to see LA full of LeBron Laker jerseys.

BTW when has Lebron ever said anything negative about Kobe? He's said nothing but good things about him in the past. His comments reek of insecurity, and I am glad to see the media call him out on it.


When has LeBron ever been in a position to critique Kobe? If he was, I'm sure he would say something. Kobe didn't run to the media, the media ran to him, all for clicks.



Snitching on Shaq to the police? Complaining about roster personel and wanting to get traded to the Bulls? Butting heads with PJ? Publically advocating to trade teammates? The fact that he has the most missed shots in NBA history? The fact that the Lakers have never been able to recruit an all-star free agent during the post-Shaq years while Kobe was on the team while people actually want to sign to teams Lebron plays for? There is plenty of ammo Lebron could use but he stays silent. Besides like many commentators have already noted, Kobe is being a hypocrite considering the 'advice' he is giving out he never actually followed when he was playing.


I would love for Lebron to sign with the Lakers and wing a couple of rings, that would be the best way to stick to Kobe. Kobe is going to be livid if Lebron actually signs here.


I don't think you understood my question, but perhaps that's my fault for not being clear.

What I tried to ask was, when has LeBron been in a position to be asked by the media to comment on Kobe regarding purely basketball in regards to winning or a lack of winning?

You seem to think Kobe is coming out of the woodwork to critique LeBron due to supposed insecurity, when all that is really happening is an all time great is being asked for his opinion by the media. And the timing of the media reaching out to Kobe can also be explained due to LeBron potentially coming to Kobe's city.



Any time Lebron has been asked questions regarding Kobe, he has said nothing but positive things.

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/12/01/lebron-james-says-he-wanted-to-be-like-kobe-bryant.ap/

And if Lebron is asked about Kobe's career, you really think he's going to throw shade at Kobe? That's not his character. He's never done that to any player or coach, like EVER. And as evidenced with JR Smith, if a reporter tries to bait him into bashing a teammate, he will deflect the question. BTW some of those quotes from Kobe are in response to random fans on Twitter, they're not all reporters. Why a guy like Kobe thinks it's worth his time to bash Lebron to a random Twitter user is baffling to me.


Don't you think there's world of difference in the context between what we're discussing here, and the article that you posted (Kobe's retirement year)?

Again, show me an instance of LeBron being asked his opinion when Kobe was struggling with Kwame and Smush, or the lack of success after 2010. That would be an apples to apples comparison.

The reality is, and to be fair, you can't speculate either way what LeBron would have said because he was never asked.



I can't find a quote on Lebron being asked when Kobe was struggling with Kobe and Smush, but what I can say is I'm sure it's come up plenty of times in his Twitter account from random fans and he has never bothered responding to them. Meanwhile, Kobe responds to random people on Twitter with negative statements on Lebron. Furthermore like I said, he's never said anything negative about any other player so I don't know why he would start now? Especially directing it at a player who isn't even playing anymore.

It's easy to say all he's doing is answering a question, but you dont think it's a little hypocritical that his 'advice' is something he never followed himself as a player? I think it is, and I don't think the timing of it is a coincidence. He starts responding to random people on Twitter at the same time is name is no longer being brought up in the GOAT discussion? At a time where is possible, he might sign with the Lakers? And even if he is asked a question regarding Kobe and the Smush years, he'll fine some way to spin it in a positive way about Kobe. That's just how he is, and his personality is a reason why players sign up to play for him. Can't say the same for Kobe as couldn't land any big name free agents during the post-Shaq era.


Can I please see an example of this? A clear cut example of him saying something negative about LeBron on twitter.

I do see this positive thing however. https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/1000943668071514112?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.slamonline.com%2Fnba%2Fkobe-bryant-weighs-in-michael-jordan-vs-lebron-james-debate%2F

Also, I think it's clear he's taken his own advice. He even mentioned how he himself lamented to Jordan about having to face the Big 3 Celtics, and Jordan told him to figure it out. And he did.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 16 of 19
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB