Kobe Bryant doesn't buy the "LeBron has no help" excuses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

PrairieAve wrote:
I just can't see 05-06 or 06-07 Kobe, with the entire 2018 Cavaliers players and staff minus Lebron, getting swept by anybody (in 2006-07 or 2018).

Swept. Lol. Kobe on that team wouldn't have been in the finals unless he added more rebounds and assists. Lol. Boston would have smashed him.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

PrairieAve wrote:
I just can't see 05-06 or 06-07 Kobe, with the entire 2018 Cavaliers players and staff minus Lebron, getting swept by anybody (in 2006-07 or 2018).

Yup, he'd win the championship
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
PrairieAve wrote:

Yup, he'd win the championship

Lol. Should get banned for trolling. He wouldn't beat the Warriors with that Cavs team.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Agree. Kobe likely gets atleast one at home

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject:

The difference between the best players is much smaller than people are suggesting. From reading these conversations, one might get the feeling that the difference between Kobe and Lebron is just as great as the difference between Kobe and Kwame Brown. But if we’re talking about the difference between something like #8 all time and #3, out of all the players who ever played, then much of this talk is really silly. But from reading some posts here Lebron doesn’t seem to be in the top 100 or maybe even 200 for some people.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject:

PrairieAve wrote:

The Lakers were swept out of the playoffs by a 57 win Mavericks team in 2011 with the same roster as the year before when they won a championship, but yet Kobe is supposed to have more success than Lebron did against this year's Warriors, which one could argue is the single greatest team in the last 20 years? I get it though, Kobe is supposed to use his willpower to turn JR Smith into Michael Jordan and Tristan Thompson into Shaq.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
activeverb wrote:
No, I barely watched playoffs at all. I didn't particularly care which team won, So I decided I would wait until the finals to see if it was a decent matchup.

when it was the Cavs and warriors, I thought the Cavs would be steamrolled in for five games, and it would be boring, uncompetitive series to watch. I happened to be at the gym on the night of the first game, and saw the last 5 minutes of it on the TV at the gym. After that loss, I decided I'd only watch the playoffs After the Cavs had managed to win a game. Since they didn't, I didn't watch.

Since the end of the regular season, my participation on this board has been limited primarily to free agents and historical stuff, like goat rankings.

Like I said, I have nothing to hide, because I have no agenda I'm selling. My primary interest on this board is pretty nerdy, like evaluating the best ways to measure the talent that a superstar plays with.

Maybe inform yourself a bit more before you make a silly post like this:

Quote:

^
I agree with you. I thought Kobe would go more the MJ/Dr. J route, where he would be an above-the-fray ambassador. I'm not sure why he is mixing it up with people on Twitter; that seems like a game no one can win, but maybe he's going to go more the Magic Johnson/Shaq attention-whore route.

Ultimately, this is about the most trivial topic I can imagine talking about, and there is absolutely no reason to treat each other in anything less than a respectful, pleasant way. Have fierce opinions about opinions, but not about the people who express those opinions, I say. Cheers!
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
PrairieAve wrote:

The Lakers were swept out of the playoffs by a 57 win Mavericks team in 2011 with the same roster as the year before when they won a championship, but yet Kobe is supposed to have more success than Lebron did against this year's Warriors, which one could argue is the single greatest team in the last 20 years? I get it though, Kobe is supposed to use his willpower to turn JR Smith into Michael Jordan and Tristan Thompson into Shaq.

That was the year Kobe played on one knee and didn't practice with the team all year. He went to Germany that summer and came back the next season a new man. The poster you quoted clearly said 05-07 Kobe and then you bring up 10-11 smh. Stop trolling.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
PrairieAve wrote:

Hey, didn’t I tell you to stay out of this thread until further notice? See you in a few.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
The difference between the best players is much smaller than people are suggesting. From reading these conversations, one might get the feeling that the difference between Kobe and Lebron is just as great as the difference between Kobe and Kwame Brown. But if we’re talking about the difference between something like #8 all time and #3, out of all the players who ever played, then much of this talk is really silly. But from reading some posts here Lebron doesn’t seem to be in the top 100 or maybe even 200 for some people.
No one is saying its a huge gap. what we are implying is kobe would've won a game or two.

lbj didnt get blown out every single game. there were at least 2 games the cavs could've stolen. kobe would've stolen those 2 games.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
No one is saying its a huge gap. what we are implying is kobe would've won a game or two.

lbj didnt get blown out every single game. there were at least 2 games the cavs could've stolen. kobe would've stolen those 2 games.

And would you still blame him for the series loss as he would? I wouldn’t. Just wondering.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

People seem to forget that Lebron was highly efficient the first game and he was unstoppable when driving to the rim. It may be the soft NBA interior defense, or it could be Lebron is a freight train, but Bron was doing things that Kobe wouldn't have been doing game one. Not saying Kobe wouldn't have scored 50 either, but it would look different and most likely be less efficient.

Plus Lebron teams like to punch you in the mouth and try to run away with the lead. Kobe's upsets are usually down by 20, down by ten, down by 5 with 1:30 left. Miracle three while doubled, miracle three while doubled, miracle three while... you get the picture.

To think Jordan himself would have lead this Cavs team to a championship, is insane.
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
People seem to forget that Lebron was highly efficient the first game and he was unstoppable when driving to the rim. It may be the soft NBA interior defense, or it could be Lebron is a freight train, but Bron was doing things that Kobe wouldn't have been doing game one. Not saying Kobe wouldn't have scored 50 either, but it would look different and most likely be less efficient.

Plus Lebron teams like to punch you in the mouth and try to run away with the lead. Kobe's upsets are usually down by 20, down by ten, down by 5 with 1:30 left. Miracle three while doubled, miracle three while doubled, miracle three while... you get the picture.

To think Jordan himself would have lead this Cavs team to a championship, is insane.

Assists != make your teammates better.
Go train with them, show them clips, pointers, watch film and evaluate their strengths and weaknesses and how to account for them.

Making them better is one thing, winning it all is different. I do think the others would have won more than zero games given the right people.

Love is a really good shooter and boars very well. Use him appropriately.

The ball dominance is a double edged sword as well. Let go at the right times and attack at others. Kobe didn't learn that until much later in his career.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Actually that’s exactly what some posters are suggesting. Some people hate him that much on here.

As for how Kobe does with this Cavs team, who knows. People have looked at rosters and predicted 70 win seasons from his teams before. But Kobe was never dumb enough to injure his own hand at least, so that would give him a better shot at winning a game or two.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

tlim wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Assists != make your teammates better.
Go train with them, show them clips, pointers, watch film and evaluate their strengths and weaknesses and how to account for them.

Making them better is one thing, winning it all is different. I do think the others would have won more than zero games given the right people.

Love is a really good shooter and boars very well. Use him appropriately.

The ball dominance is a double edged sword as well. Let go at the right times and attack at others. Kobe didn't learn that until much later in his career.
actually kobe always knew that. Kobe never wanted to be ball dominant. he was forced to by the nature of the triangle and the lack of other facilitators around him that were also ball handlers. remember jordan had pippen. kobe had.... no other perimeter player to do that.

lebron james actually has Jr smith. who is a pretty good facilitator WHEN and ONLY When the coach and the star tells him thats his role. Go watch tape of him on the nuggets, and watch him with the cavs at certain times. when he's at his best. he's actually a semi facilitator/scorer. just being a shooter makes him stale. and a guy like him will never remained focused on the game playing that role of just stand out there and wait. he needs to touch the ball, dribble a bit, and be told to set his teammates up. then he can fulfill his full potential.

derek fisher trying to be a facilitator was pretty much always disastrous.Lo was good at it until he ran into a team that was going to cut off his left hand.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

And would you still blame him for the series loss as he would? I wouldn’t. Just wondering.

Nope. and neither would kobe unless people start making all sorts of excuses for LBJ.

it's in the same spot its always been. You can't have this great player that gets to the finals every year without stating the facts of the eastern conference being HORRIBLE. If you take that fact out of the record books people will assume he went thru top tier talent to do it. and that would not be true at all. You put bron and his cavs team in the west and they would get slapped up in the 1st or 2nd round and that would be that. He would've missed a few finals appearances. thats for sure. Or if you are of the belief that the east is strong(lying to yourself but thats your choice.) Then you will have to admit if he can keep conquering the east with basically the same main guys. he should have no excuse for not helping them learn how to win in crucial times like the finals.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:30 am    Post subject:

Kobe Bryant: It's Not about Narrative

"It has everything to do with how you build the team, from an emotional level. How do you motivate them? ... Leadership is not making guys better by just throwing them the ball. That's not what it is. It's anout the influence you have on them to reach their full potential. And some of it's not pretty. Some of it's challenging, some of it's confrontational. Some of it's pat on the back. But it's finding that balance, so now when you show up to play a Golden State or a Boston, your guys feel like you have the confidence to take on more."

A deeper perspective:

Words of the wise from Kobe, especially watching what he did with the 07 team through 2010.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Actually that’s exactly what some posters are suggesting. Some people hate him that much on here.

As for how Kobe does with this Cavs team, who knows. People have looked at rosters and predicted 70 win seasons from his teams before. But Kobe was never dumb enough to injure his own hand at least, so that would give him a better shot at winning a game or two.

People are suggesting that LBJ doesnt know that he cant be the ball dominant player all the time. He used to play with Kyrie....or do we forget that.. He also used to play with Dwade and Cbosh...

I think fans write a narrative about a player in there own mind and just cant shake it no matter what that player does to disprove that....Before Dirk won it all.. my friend use to swear he would never win because he wasnt clutch... Even though Dirk already proved he was clutch my friend refused to believe it...

LBJ has the least amount of HOLES in his game that i have seen from any player ever.... and i have been watching basketball for a very long time... There is very little on the basketball court that he has not PROVEN that he can do... We have no reason to worry about LEBRONS performance... We should be concerned with everyone else playing to his level...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19
Jump to: