How confident are you that Lebron James will sign with Lakers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Confident are You that Lebron Will Sign with the Lakers this Summer?
Totally Confident
21%
 21%  [ 14 ]
Very Confident
28%
 28%  [ 18 ]
Somewhat Confident
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
Not Confident
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
Not Confidental at All (Doubtful)
15%
 15%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 64

10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

I've been through this rodeo before and Magic has been in the room for these before

I'm still scarred for the decade of KG is about to become a Laker rumors, I'll believe this when he has his press conference
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Interesting that the two groups with the least amount of votes are ”totally confident” and ”very confident.” It was implied to me just last week or so that there's this super huge group here that's so sure that he's coming and that they comprise the majority. Apparently not.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Interesting that the two groups with the least amount of votes are ”totally confident” and ”very confident.” It was implied to me just last week or so that there's this super huge group here that's so sure that he's coming and that they comprise the majority. Apparently not.

I feel many that voted when this thread was opened 5 days ago would vote differently today. Would be interesting to start a new poll now and see the difference in voting.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

I would argue that anyone who voted totally confident, very confident, or not at all confident would be the least scientifically minded demographic on the forum.

Therefore, if you take the data from the more scientifically minded voters you get a 50 to 39 vote in favor of his arrival.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject:

I heard he bought 20 bikrahm yoga classes in Brentwood at once... AT ONCE. That was like $250, y'all. You don't buy that many unless you gonna stick around to use them. Just sayin'.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Judah wrote:

I feel many that voted when this thread was opened 5 days ago would vote differently today. Would be interesting to start a new poll now and see the difference in voting.

Done. Re-set the poll.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I heard he bought 20 bikrahm yoga classes in Brentwood at once... AT ONCE. That was like $250, y'all. You don't buy that many unless you gonna stick around to use them. Just sayin'.

Unless the Groupon he purchased had a minimum class count.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Since this thread began, Lakers have gone from +220 to -220.

LeBron James - 1st Regular Season Game of 2018-19 (All Bets Action)

LA Lakers
Philadelphia 76ers
+400
Cleveland Cavaliers
+650
Houston Rockets
+800
Boston Celtics
+1500
San Antonio Spurs
+2000
New York Knicks
+2500
Washington Wizards
+3000
LA Clippers
+4500
Does Not Play a Regular Season Game
+6000
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Very cool of the mods to see the new reactions on the confidence level or lack thereof from recent developments
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject:

He's going to philly to get a free pass to the finals until he retires
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Do not ever underestimate
Nothing else to say
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Judah wrote:

I would argue that anyone who voted totally confident, very confident, or not at all confident would be the least scientifically minded demographic on the forum.

Therefore, if you take the data from the more scientifically minded voters you get a 50 to 39 vote in favor of his arrival.

How are ”Not at all confident” and ”Somewhat confident” the most ”scientifically minded”? On the basis of what?
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject:

There are probably some lingering contingencies out there that need to be cleared before he's ready to fully commit. Can't wait for the story behind the story when all is finally revealed.

Anyway, he's not coming. Said the same thing about Karl Malone last time and we all know what happened.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
There are probably some lingering contingencies out there that need to be cleared before he's ready to fully commit. Can't wait for the story behind the story when all is finally revealed.

Anyway, he's not coming. Said the same thing about Karl Malone last time and we all know what happened.

Karl Malone was a Laker in 2004, what are you talking about?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
K2 wrote:

Anti jinx.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
K2 wrote:

Anti jinx.

Ohhh
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Judah wrote:

How are ”Not at all confident” and ”Somewhat confident” the most ”scientifically minded”? On the basis of what?

I said Not confident... not not at all confident

The two middle options that demonstrate doubt make more sense considering there is no clear information.

Those who employ skepticism in the light of no clear data would have the more valuable opinion to me.

Those who are sure who have no personal ties to LBJ, are using pure emotion.

Your mileage may very.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Anybody also think Kobe is a deterrent for lebron coming? Kobe may still have a cloud over this team after 20 yrs
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Judah wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Judah wrote:

The two middle options that demonstrate doubt make more sense considering there is no clear information.

Those who employ skepticism in the light of no clear data would have the more valuable opinion to me.

Your mileage may very.

That doesn't make sense. The only two positions that don't demonstrate any shred of doubt are ”Totally confident” and ”Not at all confident.”

”Very confident” is not the same thing as ”Totally confident.” There would obviously have to be some degree of skepticism for someone to choose ”Very confident” instead of ”Totally confident.” I would say such a person is anywhere starting or between about 80% to 90%.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Anybody also think Kobe is a deterrent for lebron coming? Kobe may still have a cloud over this team after 20 yrs

No, the man said his family will be the most important factor, not Kobe.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

I doubt he would admit if kobe is a factor. Like Kobe ultimately not signing with the Bulls when he was a FA.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Judah wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

I doubt he would admit if kobe is a factor. Like Kobe ultimately not signing with the Bulls when he was a FA.

We’re talking about the same guy that shocked the world by leaving Cleveland that first time (and won), then did the unthinkable by returning there (and won again). Now all of a sudden he’s afraid of pressure? I don't understand the logic. At all.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Judah wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Judah wrote:

Your mileage may very.

That doesn't make sense. The only two positions that don't demonstrate any shred of doubt are ”Totally confident” and ”Not at all confident.”

”Very confident” is not the same thing as ”Totally confident.” There would obviously have to be some degree of skepticism for someone to choose ”Very confident” instead of ”Totally confident.” I would say such a person is anywhere starting or between about 80% to 90%.

I can see that now that the Vegas odds have shifted as well as the media narrative... but when the poll originally was taken... it was pretty much a wild guess where he might go.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject:

I would say people that chose totally confident or not confident at all are the most scientifically minded. Those are the only options can can be quantified (100% and 0%). The other ones can't be quantified and people may have them in completely different percentage ranges.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
I would say people that chose totally confident or not confident at all are the most scientifically minded. Those are the only options can can be quantified (100% and 0%). The other ones can't be quantified and people may have them in completely different percentage ranges.

I think it should have been a simple binary question.

But given the option to hedge... it makes more sense as it's essentially covering both answers. That to me is more logical.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: