Apple Product Software Update Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan87 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LakerFan87 wrote:
K2 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Has he tried apple.com/support? I believe there's a chat option. Also he can email the problem for a solution. This LINK may help.

Not sure, he hasn't been back for a while. Hope he's found a way to resolve the issue without driving the 120 miles to the nearest Apple Store.

Problem has been resolved. I actually ended up driving 150 miles to Orange County but I was going to be there anyways (I go out of town virtually every weekend).

They ended up having to reset my phone to factory settings but everything was backed up as of June 11th so I basically didn't lose anything.

Thanks everyone for helping me look into this.

I'm curious. Did the agent do the reset from Setting, General, Reset all settings? That's what I do when my IPhone goes whack.

No, because like I said, I couldn't even get to that screen on my phone.

The guy at the store did the same thing I did in hooking it up to a mac and all the user prompts were on the mac. But unlike mine, the mac in the store had the latest iTunes and OS X versions.

However, the 'Update" option didn't work so we had to choose the other one which was to reset the phone to factory settings which fortunately did the job.

Moral of the story: Look into getting a new computer since mine apparently can't update any further.

Also consider converting to Android in the future.

If you buy a new computer consider a quality refurbished name brand. They're usually much less expensive. If you buy be sure to get an extended warranty. If possible buy from a name brand company. (If money is a issue.)

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: