The Roads of Los Angeles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: The Roads of Los Angeles

or mainly Bunker Hill Downtown 70 years ago and Now.

dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: The Roads of Los Angeles

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
or mainly Bunker Hill Downtown 70 years ago and Now.

this is cool thanks

here is a trippy one
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for posting this. The area is barely recognizable today if you look at the old footage. When I worked there in the mid 90’s they were removing the last of the old Victorian homes from Cesar Chavez (Macy st) and Hill.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Thanks for posting this. The area is barely recognizable today if you look at the old footage. When I worked there in the mid 90’s they were removing the last of the old Victorian homes from Cesar Chavez (Macy st) and Hill.

Thx.

I still work there on & off next to Fig & 2nd. I could only see 2 buildings from this vid that are actually still there. Such a bummer that all those beautiful old homes are gone.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Thx.

I still work there on & off next to Fig & 2nd. I could only see 2 buildings from this vid that are actually still there. Such a bummer that all those beautiful old homes are gone.

yea i agree... once developers found out how much money they can make on multi family housing and started to build suburbs. it was great marketing back than as people were able to live a family life style in a quiet neighborhood and make that short drive to the city for work or entertainment
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:

From that OP video. Had me slip up on this one.

Cali still has it going on after all these years. But looking at the above video, you have to wonder how on earth did anyone stay home living in a so called "flyover" state and not come out this way. This video alone would've had me hightailing it out of town quickly if I had the cash of course. You have jobs in all sorts of sectors. You have ridiculous amounts of entertainment. and then which they partially showed you have access to a lot of variety of foods(especially veggies and fruits) that were just not grown in a lot of other states. Not hating on the flyovers, just being honest. I dont know how you would not have at least took a looksee after a video like this. As we see how many people live here. Quite a few people made that trip and never left. Cali is full of people from everywhere else.

***by the way its the 1950's so we know there was ZERO diversity at that point. at least not in these hot spots that they are showing. Look at that USC vs UCLA game. Not a brown skin in sight. and let me caution you..do not read the racist comments.. cause you can see them as clear as day. a lot of MAGA hat wearers are all up in those comments. some just come right out and admit it.**
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: