Shelburne Update on Diss Track - "Lakers have Spoken with both Lonzo/Kuzma to Knock It Off" (p.11)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
You really appreciate BI and Jules when you see this type of crap.

It's a couple of friends in their early 20s having fun with each other.

They can have fun like this with each other without having to put it on social media for the world to see. Whether they like it or not, these guys are public figures and represent the Lakers and as someone said, it's bad optics coming at a time when Lakers are trying to lure free agents.

But that's how friends in their 20s have fun with each other. On social media. The optics are two teammates who like each other. If the team stepped in and said enough then that's fine and they should listen but the overreaction to this is silly.

What if Kuzma came back w/ a diss track and went off on Lonzo’s mom - making fun of her stroke. Still fun n games?

If that's how they joke with each other than sure. The way my friends and I joke with each other would shock most people out of context because they don't know us. Neither party seems to have a problem with it and have engaged in similar ribbing all season and they shouldn't stop because you feel like they should. If the team feels like they need to step in and tell both guys to stop that's great and I'm sure they won't have a problem doing so.

Wait....

Something doesn’t add up though, so let’s take this slowly...

1) IF Lonzo n Kuzma r cool w/ it, then there r no limits
2) They shouldn’t stop because fans have a problem w/ it
3) However, IF the team is not comfortable w/ it, they can tell them to stop n Lonzo n Kuzma should stop
4) However, LeBron n PG should not have a problem w it in anyway n would be stupid to base their decision on something so trivial n miniscule

Something doesn’t add up here. Why is the team allowed to have a problem w/ it but not the fans, LeBron nor PG?

Anyone is allowed to think whatever they want. The team matters because they employ the players and have a measure of disciplinary power over them (which they have not exercised). Fans like you are entitled to an opinion, but you certainly don't matter. Free Agents are entitled to their opinions, and you havent a shred of evidence that they disapprove of this. It's a running joke between two friends that you want to make a federal case out of. Just because you clutch your pearls doesn't mean everyone else follows suit.

Wait just a minute....

Did u just move goalposts on me? I think u just did....

I thought we were talking about LeBron n PG shouldn’t be bothered by this.

Did u just change it now to - you have no evidence that they r bothered by this?

It's both. They shouldn't be bothered by it (my opinion) and you have no evidence that they are (fact).

But u haven’t said the team SHOULDN’T be bothered by it as well. You said u can see the team having an issue w it n telling them to stop.

How does this make any sense? Why is the team allowed to have a problem w it but not LeBron nor PG?

I don't think the team should be worried about this, no. If they do that's their prerogative and as the players employers they retain the right to ask them to cool it. Not sure why you're struggling with this concept.

Because as free agents, isn’t it also their right to not be cool w/ it as well?

Not sure why ur struggling w/ this concept

Sure they have the right to see two friends joke with each other and collapse on their fainting couches. But they're adults and probably have the ability to put it in the proper prospective and not overreact by changing their destination plans because of it.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

I don’t think any of it is a big deal and it’s mostly harmless. Only bad thing it just shows the generational gap and youth on our team which maybe something PG and Lebron are not really excited about. Who knows
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
I really got lost with this matter, can anyone please do a small briefing for any others like me? I saw that Lonzo released a supposed diss track (didn't listen to it), but what happened before and after that? Anyone, please?

Kuzma released a video roasting Lonzo. He said things like ur gf shops at Forever 21, to buy clothes for Lonzo

Lonzo released a diss track n took it to another level - saying Kuzma doesn’t even know who his daddy is
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject:

Lonzo making a dis song about Kuz is simply irresponsible and dumb. WOW!
Practice your free throws not your rap.
"Ship his ass out"
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
I don’t think any of it is a big deal and it’s mostly harmless. Only bad thing it just shows the generational gap and youth on our team which maybe something PG and Lebron are not really excited about. Who knows

Interestingly, veteran (and beloved former LeBron teammate) Channing Frye has posted roasting vids about Kuz and Zo.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
I really got lost with this matter, can anyone please do a small briefing for any others like me? I saw that Lonzo released a supposed diss track (didn't listen to it), but what happened before and after that? Anyone, please?

Kuzma released a video roasting Lonzo. He said things like ur gf shops at Forever 21, to buy clothes for Lonzo

Lonzo released a diss track n took it to another level - saying Kuzma doesn’t even know who his daddy is

Thanks, will look the video up and listen to Lonzo's track to catch up.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject:

hardly anything to worry about, but I'm still glad the FO is stepping in to curb it
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject:

They're kids, I don't think it's a big deal, it will only be a big deal if the FO doesn't manage it and it goes on and on.....

But I'm pretty sure Rob and Magic are going to sit both down and tell them to knock it off and focus on basketball because they have a long ways to go and grow in their games, suspect the media jabs die down pretty much immediately.

Which is actually a good thing for FA to see, we aren't messing around, we are looking to win and part of winning is putting all of your focus on getting better not wasting time on childish jabs
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Sure they have the right to see two friends joke with each other and collapse on their fainting couches. But they're adults and probably have the ability to put it in the proper prospective and not overreact by changing their destination plans because of it.

Such specific rules. Why different rules for different people?

Quote:
1) Fans --> shouldn't be bothered because they don't matter

2) Team --> I don't think the team should be worried about this, no. If they do that's their prerogative and as the players employers they retain the right to ask them to cool it.

3) Free Agents --> Sure they have the right to see two friends joke with each other and collapse on their fainting couches. But they're adults and probably have the ability to put it in the proper prospective and not overreact by changing their destination plans because of it.

So to recap, the team can be bothered by asking Lonzo and Kuzma to stop it. Free Agents however, can't be bothered by this.

One last question for you - let's say Kuzma was Jewish. Is it ok for Lonzo to go off on Kuzma's religion/race?

"You Jewish MF. That's why you never pay cheap MF."

What if Kuzma found that funny as hell?
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject:

It ain't a major issue, yet. I'm glad the FO is stepping in to put the kabash on this before it becomes something though. I don't care what y'all say, roasting is cool until someone crosses the line. We all have our own personal limits and have seen how it can turn bad.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject:

Quote:
So to recap, the team can be bothered by asking Lonzo and Kuzma to stop it. Free Agents however, can't be bothered by this.

You are expressing either an inability to understand a basic post or an unwillingness to read it. I've clarified this point for you several times and won't bother doing it again. I'll refer you to prior posts for the answers to your questions in plain English.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject:

this still a thing? felt more like a 1 day story yesterday....
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

You are expressing either an inability to understand a basic post or an unwillingness to read it. I've clarified this point for you several times and won't bother doing it again. I'll refer you to prior posts for the answers to your questions in plain English.

But I quoted you word for word

Quote:
1) Fans --> "shouldn't be bothered because they don't matter"

2) Team --> "I don't think the team should be worried about this, no. If they do that's their prerogative and as the players employers they retain the right to ask them to cool it."

3) Free Agents --> "Sure they have the right to see two friends joke with each other and collapse on their fainting couches. But they're adults and probably have the ability to put it in the proper prospective and not overreact by changing their destination plans because of it."

There's language in there giving the team the right to be bothered "If they do that's their prerogative"

No such language for Free Agents.

Weird

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Halflife wrote:
King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ocho wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
george w kush wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
You really appreciate BI and Jules when you see this type of crap.

It's a couple of friends in their early 20s having fun with each other.

They can have fun like this with each other without having to put it on social media for the world to see. Whether they like it or not, these guys are public figures and represent the Lakers and as someone said, it's bad optics coming at a time when Lakers are trying to lure free agents.

But that's how friends in their 20s have fun with each other. On social media. The optics are two teammates who like each other. If the team stepped in and said enough then that's fine and they should listen but the overreaction to this is silly.

What if Kuzma came back w/ a diss track and went off on Lonzo’s mom - making fun of her stroke. Still fun n games?

If that's how they joke with each other than sure. The way my friends and I joke with each other would shock most people out of context because they don't know us. Neither party seems to have a problem with it and have engaged in similar ribbing all season and they shouldn't stop because you feel like they should. If the team feels like they need to step in and tell both guys to stop that's great and I'm sure they won't have a problem doing so.

Doubtful that you are a public face of a multi-billion dollar franchise. PR is so big to them that they employ an entire department to it, including private investigators. These kids need to realize that they are professionals and act like it. That is a price to pay for the millions they are compensated for.

Don't agree with you Ventura too much, but your'e spot on with this one. Remember when Magic and Pelinka said they are drafting hard working, good character guys. Calling Lonzo the face of the franchise. Even though I'm a big Magic and Pelinka guy, they lose credibility with this nonsense.

Lakers understand the new athletes. Zo and kuz are doing exactly what they are suppose to be doing.

Haha...really? Is that why Ramona is reporting that the FO is pissed off at them. Hell, Magic would've kept DLO if that's what the new athletes do. Don't be surprised if Ball and or Kuz are traded this summer because of this nonsense.

Who is she reporting is mad?
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject:

So much get off my lawn and hyperbole in this thread.
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject:

This thread blows.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

Math wrote:
This thread blows.

Yeah hopefully it gets
pokoy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject:

Quick Recap:

Math wrote:
This thread blows.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

Haha, I have no qualms about saying I'm an old mfer who wants these (bleep) ass millennials to get the (bleep) off my lawn and stop being attention whores on social media.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Haha, I have no qualms about saying I'm an old mfer who wants these (bleep) ass millennials to get the (bleep) off my lawn and stop being attention whores on social media.

Saying "get off my lawn" is now the same is making fun of a kid with no father...

who knew?
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

innocent as all this may have been its a bad look for a franchise about to embark on the most important FA off season in the last 20 Years. I think if I am magic and Rob where I would be disappointed is these kids not getting the message that was delivered in their exit interviews. Magic and Rob want bball junkies, gym rats, not kids who want to make rap albums and post crap all over social media. For me I would not be at all surprised if one or both were shipped out like DLO. Just my IMO but Magic and Rob don't strike me as the type that would be at all happy with any of this joke or no joke..
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

Ramona hears some gossip and runs with it. Nothing new.

Lonzo and Kuz should take note and avoid her from now on.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Interestingly, veteran (and beloved former LeBron teammate) Channing Frye has posted roasting vids about Kuz and Zo.

Which might make it worse lol. We got kids acting like kids and then instead of having vets to lead..we got a vet that adds to it lol.

Plus I don’t think Lebron cares what the 10th or 11th man is doing. On a championship team guys Channing are needed to lighten up the mood and build team chemistry.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
Ramona hears some gossip and runs with it. Nothing new.

Lonzo and Kuz should take note and avoid her from now on.

Gossip? She was told straight from the Lakers organization.

You guys are hilarious.

Ramona reports something Positive, you guys are running with it like 'it's true, she's the Lakers mouthpiece after all'.

Ramona reports something Negative, you guys are all downplaying it like 'she's gossip, not a big deal, nothing to see here'.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

trade them both to jumbos clown room in return for some decent dancers...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14
Jump to: