Shelburne Update on Diss Track - "Lakers have Spoken with both Lonzo/Kuzma to Knock It Off" (p.11)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
pkflyers wrote:
This whole situation is not a good look right now

Its really not that big of a deal. Its a generational gap thats it

A generational gap between the vets and the players they’ll have to go to war with that is being further highlighted by their antics.

It’s like you’ve brought the suits in to your office, in a potential acquisition, and your interns are doing Tide Pod challenges as they tour the place. Generational gap, sure, but that doesn’t mean its not bad optics.
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Lakers spoke to them and told them to knock it off, problem solved. We can all move on now
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
Lakers spoke to them and told them to knock it off, problem solved. We can all move on now

and I bet the conversation was about as long as I predicted..

adkindo wrote:
this "problem" literally takes two seconds...

in El Segundo...

Magic: go get Kuz and Zo
Kuz: hey boss
Lonzo: (nods head)

Magic: guys, I need you two funny guys to tone down the social media stuff....just cool down the going back and forth with anything that the media can view as negative.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

cyborgspider wrote:
Not sure if this was posted, just echoes the Ramona statement (Kuz mama posted it before Ramona's update)

https://twitter.com/KarriKuzma/status/1006926376639836160

Basically "ok kids, that's enough. Summer sucks, its boring, but get back to work now"

Same with Momo. Knock it off, heaven forbid a 20-year-old & a 22-year-old took it a step too far & don't understand the public optics. Don't think Public Relations were their majors in College. It's foolish, it's over, if you do it again, you'll be joining D'lo.

Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:
Update from Ramona Shelburne via ESPN 710:

Quote:
"People on twitter were telling me to 'get off my lawn'... It's not about me, it's not my own opinion. I know there were people in the Lakers organization yesterday who were not happy about this and they spoke to both Lonzo and Kuzma and told them knock it off. And I know that Kuzma and Lonzo have spoken, and they were first like 'yeah it's cool, it's cool'."

Very happy to see the FO step before it goes too far and hurt team chemistry and morale.

Are you being sarcastic?
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:
"People on twitter were telling me to 'get off my lawn'... It's not about me, it's not my own opinion. I know there were people in the Lakers organization yesterday who were not happy about this and they spoke to both Lonzo and Kuzma and told them knock it off. And I know that Kuzma and Lonzo have spoken, and they were first like 'yeah it's cool, it's cool'."

Very happy to see the FO step before it goes too far and hurt team chemistry and morale.

Are you being sarcastic?

Not at all. Did you see Lavar on Cowherd's show? He was trying to fan the flames of a feud between Lonzo and Kuzma. Yes, I know the usual rebuttal is ignore Lavar but it's undeniable he has a huge influence on Zo. It might still be jokes even after the diss track but it was only a matter of time before it went to far. For example the prank war between Swaggy and Dlo.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:

Are you being sarcastic?

Not at all. Did you see Lavar on Cowherd's show? He was trying to fan the flames of a feud between Lonzo and Kuzma. Yes, I know the usual rebuttal is ignore Lavar but it's undeniable he has a huge influence on Zo. It might still be jokes even after the diss track but it was only a matter of time before it went to far. For example the prank war between Swaggy and Dlo.

Yup. That’s the problem with those kinds of prank wars. There’s no way for both sodes to come out a winner.

Someone has to publicly give up (and thereby lose), or they edge closer and closer to a line that shouldn’t be crossed until someone ends up crossing it.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:

i don’t mind them clowning but following a 35 win season you can always expect some blowback...if you’re contending not so much
Here2Party
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Next posts from them should be some pics of robots if they really want to get people talking.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

I'll just second what a lot of other posters have said here. I'm glad the FO stepped in and told them to knock it off.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Yeah Kuzma's mother on if Kuzma would be offended by Lonzo's "line about his non existent father"

@KarriKuzma
You can’t miss what you never knew.

In case you didn't already understand that Kuzma didn't give a darn.

But as is typical, the media cared more than he did.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:

Just heard that segment, was thinking about transcribing it here but decided nah, people will get their undies riled up either way.

"I know Kuzma and Lonzo have spoken."

They speak every day and Kuzma wasn't offended by that diss track.

As his mother put it, you can't miss, what you never knew.(in reference to Kuzma's biological father)

Why do these people always gotta make it sound like more than it was?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Yeah Kuzma's mother on if Kuzma would be offended by Lonzo's "line about his non existent father"

@KarriKuzma

You don't know what his mind set is... that's what his mother thinks.

Maybe she's told herself this so she doesn't feel guilty.

It's a complex issue, and outsiders will never know... but that alone isn't evidence that it didn't bother him.

If they are happy on the court together like nothing is different... then you know it didn't matter much.
CalisFinest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Is everyone forgetting that Channing Frye and Richard Jefferson used to do the same type of (bleep) on the Cavs lol. Maybe they didn't take it as far as Zo/Kuz in the type of insults but the whole roasting thing was definitely still apart of that locker room.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

@KarriKuzma

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:59 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:

Just heard that segment, was thinking about transcribing it here but decided nah, people will get their undies riled up either way.

"I know Kuzma and Lonzo have spoken."

They speak every day and Kuzma wasn't offended by that diss track.

As his mother put it, you can't miss, what you never knew.(in reference to Kuzma's biological father)

Why do these people always gotta make it sound like more than it was?

The concern wasn’t for Kuzma, if that helps clarify things.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:

Are you being sarcastic?

I think y'all are taking things too serious. This is what builds chemistry, not destroy it. They are tight and kuzma enjoyed the diss.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Generational gap or not... it's lame and SHOULD be toned down.
Kuzma hasn't proven shtt in the league... some decent games on a garbage team doesn't mean anything. Look how Clarkson looked in Cleveland. And don't get me started with Lonzo... You can't expect a team full of Kobe's ... but keep your head down and focus on your craft before you get too Hollywood on us, boys.

I saw a tweet where IT jokingly asked Kuz if he was " really going to be doing this (silly stuff) all summer?" and Kuz basically told him too "shut up, Stewart (sp) Little" For all we know, IT might have been trying to suggest Kuz to cool it... but Kuz just keeps the ball rolling with more jabs and roasts.

Now that might be all well and good... but come on man. You think a Vet is going to want to take that from some snot nosed 2nd year player?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Kuzma hasn't proven shtt in the league... some decent games on a garbage team doesn't mean anything. Look how Clarkson looked in Cleveland. And don't get me started with Lonzo... You can't expect a team full of Kobe's ... but keep your head down and focus on your craft before you get too Hollywood on us, boys.

I saw a tweet where IT jokingly asked Kuz if he was " really going to be doing this (silly stuff) all summer?" and Kuz basically told him too "shut up, Stewart (sp) Little" For all we know, IT might have been trying to suggest Kuz to cool it... but Kuz just keeps the ball rolling with more jabs and roasts.

Now that might be all well and good... but come on man. You think a Vet is going to want to take that from some snot nosed 2nd year player?

I think his act was wearing thin but I'm sure we've seen the last of it...time to move on
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Will include A first round pick in any trade that can get rid of Ramona as our analyst

Last edited by RusselDoeee01 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

I think his act was wearing thin but I'm sure we've seen the last of it...time to move on
i agree. Kuz talks wayyyy too much (bleep) for not having proven anything. There’s cocky and then there’s what kuz is doing. He should just keep quiet and stay off Twitter for a while and quit trying to roast your teammates. Specially the vets. Tf is wrong with you
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

i agree. Kuz talks wayyyy too much (bleep) for not having proven anything. There’s cocky and then there’s what kuz is doing. He should just keep quiet and stay off Twitter for a while and quit trying to roast your teammates. Specially the vets. Tf is wrong with you

Not everyone is made for LA. DLo and Clarkson showed us that. Lol
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject:

One can argue Clarkson was made for LA cause it seems like he can’t function ever since he’s left haha
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Iron Mamba wrote:

Quote:

that
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Just found out that Momo is pregnant. I think 3rd trimester.
Congrats.
Plus explains why some of her takes have been so moody.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14
Jump to: