If you can only keep 1, Lonzo Or Ingram?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Lonzo or Ingram?
Lonzo
34%
 34%  [ 100 ]
Ingram
65%
 65%  [ 193 ]
Total Votes : 293

kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject:

I remember the same stuff was said about Kuzma as well, in regards to Lonzo making Kuzma special.

However, I'm pretty sure Kuzma dispell that theory very fast.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

adkindo wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
I'm trying to understand how Ball is supposed to make Ingram special when Ingram's best stretch of basketball in his career came with Ball out.. His data was off the charts.. all be it a short sample.

It's on Ingram to do better off-ball, or even better, take some responsibility initiating an offense and actually find Lonzo off-ball.

He actually did that until he got injured.. and I still don't get how that translates to Ball making Ingram special.

You don't become special due to someone elses brilliance.. You have to have natural talent, coupled with an insane work ethic.

did you vote for Ingram?

I don't see how it matters.. is my question not valid?

Magic
Jordan
Bron
Kobe
KD
KL

All special right? Was there any one player that we could say made them special?
Mike@LG

SocalDevin wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
I'm trying to understand how Ball is supposed to make Ingram special when Ingram's best stretch of basketball in his career came with Ball out.. His data was off the charts.. all be it a short sample.

It's on Ingram to do better off-ball, or even better, take some responsibility initiating an offense and actually find Lonzo off-ball.

He actually did that until he got injured.. and I still don't get how that translates to Ball making Ingram special.

You don't become special due to someone elses brilliance.. You have to have natural talent, coupled with an insane work ethic.

A couple plays more off-ball isn't significant improvement. I'm all about work ethic, but if it's not correctly applied, is a waste. But if Ingram wants to be special and really enhance his own game, he needs to expand those things. Lonzo Ball gives those opportunities to other players, hence, he's the amplifier.

I dunno man. Draymond is pretty special. It helped that Klay and Curry gave him the right targets to pass to. It helped that he expanded his passing game because of Walton. In the end, it's because of Dray.

Curry makes guys better. Lonzo does too. Does Ingram?

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
I remember the same stuff was said about Kuzma as well, in regards to Lonzo making Kuzma special.

However, I'm pretty sure Kuzma dispell that theory very fast.

Exactly.. I remember as well. And that's no knock on Ball.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

A couple plays more off-ball isn't significant improvement. I'm all about work ethic, but if it's not correctly applied, is a waste. But if Ingram wants to be special and really enhance his own game, he needs to expand those things. Lonzo Ball gives those opportunities to other players, hence, he's the amplifier.

I dunno man. Draymond is pretty special. It helped that Klay and Curry gave him the right targets to pass to. It helped that he expanded his passing game because of Walton. In the end, it's because of Dray.

Curry makes guys better. Lonzo does too. Does Ingram?

Making players better is one thing.. Which I'm confident Ball will do.. Making someone special is something else entirely. When I think "special" I'm thinking generational. Like those players on the list I provided. Ball, nor any other player is going to make someone special.

Special players take their talent to any set of conditions and remain special. It's not dependent on who they're playing with.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo as a rookie was probably better than BI as a 2nd year player. Lonzo as a rookie was way better than a rookie BI
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Both
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject:

What scenarios other than Kawhi would merit even considering trading BI or Ball? If it's Kawhi, I can't imagine SA trading for Ball. They would probably want BI (and a lot more).
HellCrowe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject:

I’m more worried about the effect of bbb with superstars on our team. See the young guys don’t need to care as much and probably don’t really have a voice yet, when we relate it to Lonzo’s drama. They work and keep their heads down. When stars come in, you know they’ll say their piece and it may be fun and games until a line is crossed. We only need one drama king on the floor.
whoaskew
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject:

If we were to sign all three - James, PG, and Leonard - then where does Ingram fit?

We still need somebody to play point guard...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15
Jump to: