If you can only keep 1, Lonzo Or Ingram?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Lonzo or Ingram?
Lonzo
34%
 34%  [ 100 ]
Ingram
65%
 65%  [ 193 ]
Total Votes : 293

Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject:

LakersSD I posted it in the BI forum haha. And people kinda came at me and said I was reading too much into it.

I’m a huge BI fan but I’ve kinda seen the writing on Wall for him and Randle.
Crazy if Randle walks and BI is traded and zu is cut...maginka would have basically wiped everyone out from the Jim buss Mitch era.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
GT do you think there’s something behind BI and Randle not working out in LA? I get they prob want vacation and are working out with private guys. But I always thought it was weird especially in BIs case that he’s not in the facility especially when magic and pelinka said these next few months are their “playoffs” and they challenged them to work hard before July.

And do you think the FO is unhappy that they are not there?

I know this isn’t directed at me but I saw some things about this and whether both Randle and Ingram felt they were trade bait and/or not part of plans.

I have no idea, but it is something that makes you wonder. Agents know what’s going on.

Or maybe they’re training their butts off every day and want to be close to their family who they don’t get to see that often during the season.
Not all players’ families live out here.

Could be. I believe they stayed in LA last summer but doesn’t mean anything, just an observation.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
GT do you think there’s something behind BI and Randle not working out in LA? I get they prob want vacation and are working out with private guys. But I always thought it was weird especially in BIs case that he’s not in the facility especially when magic and pelinka said these next few months are their “playoffs” and they challenged them to work hard before July.

I know this isn’t directed at me but I saw some things about this and whether both Randle and Ingram felt they were trade bait and/or not part of plans.

I have no idea, but it is something that makes you wonder. Agents know what’s going on.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj8kw6ZFGY9/
Wasn't Julius in the facility 4 days ago?
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Good catch epak thanks
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LakersSD I posted it in the BI forum haha. And people kinda came at me and said I was reading too much into it.

I’m a huge BI fan but I’ve kinda seen the writing on Wall for him and Randle.
Crazy if Randle walks and BI is traded and zu is cut...maginka would have basically wiped everyone out from the Jim buss Mitch era.

I hear you man, I got roasted when I said Magic and Pelinka would cut anyone. Those meetings were warnings to each and every player. They don’t discriminate. That’s the vibe I get...

As for BI, I believe he is going to be that former Laker that LG laments losing after the fact. Say he went to the spurs, some folks will say “why did we get rid of Ingram?” “Smh at letting Ingram wear another jersey!”

You make any trade that you feel makes you better and this is a business. I just see that in LG’s future when it comes to Ingram. I even think it could also happen with DLO but more wanted him traded so maybe it won’t be as loud of lamenting.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj8kw6ZFGY9/
Wasn't Julius in the facility 4 days ago?

Nice. That’s good to see
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject:

I was high on Dlo and I’m high on BI.

But I see why maginka are doing things.

I’m not really on the Lebron train, but if he does come I’ll have to root for him. But him coming is not my first option @lakersd
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject:

If I can only keep 1, I keep Brandon.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject:

I really just want PG this summer. And let the kids/Randle grow for another year.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
I really just want PG this summer. And let the kids/Randle grow for another year.

me too
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:06 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
mookielala wrote:

me too

Yep.. I'd like to pick up whoever we can without giving up anyone. I still believe Randle is going to develop a jumper.. And when he does smh. He really should be a priority, and if we lose him it's going to come back to haunt us.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject:

I think Lebron would most like to have Lonzo and Randle to play with and if PG13 is also on the squad, Ingram would have a substantially lesser role. Ingram has the best future though.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject:

I think a good question is if no one comes this summer, since Nothing is set in stone yet.

(IF OKC finds a way to get rid of Melo or Melo doesn't take the PO, I think PG13 stays in OKC with Russ).

Are we going to be better this season and moving forward? (vs other western conf teams).

No way the Suns and Kings will be bad forever and I have a feeling both will make decent jumps this upcoming season.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:52 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
mookielala wrote:

me too

Yep.. I'd like to pick up whoever we can without giving up anyone. I still believe Randle is going to develop a jumper.. And when he does smh. He really should be a priority, and if we lose him it's going to come back to haunt us.

This is what I wanted for this offseason since last offseason. Sign PG plus a few role player and vets to shore out gaps in our roster.

Those role players could be: Brook Lopez, Will Barton, Tyreke Evans, Joe Harris, Rondo (ok, I didn't want him last year, but I'm open to it since we need a backup point).

C: Randle/Lopez/Zubac
PF: George/Kuzma/Bryant
SF: Ingram/Kuzma
SG: Barton/Hart/#25 (Huerter?)
PG: Lonzo/Rondo/Hart

Extras: Deng, 2nd round pick

I'm spitballing, but we can probably get 2-3 good role players to fill in gaps for us with the 2nd max money.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Draymond shot 78% from the line and finished at the rim at a rate of 20% higher.

We all agree Lonzo has some special abilities... but some aren't ignoring the injury and shooting issues.

If Lonzo starts shooting next year at a normal level... the poll would be reversed. But we can only go by what we currently see... the rest is hopeful thinking.

I want to keep both... but Ingram will not be as big a liability in the playoffs at this stage in their development, so if you have to go with one... it's probably better to go with Ingram.

You know Kerr loves the hack a bad shooter strategy... we were just so poor last year that he never had to implement it against us.

Agreed. If Zo shows next season that his knee issues are behind him and that he can shoot FTs like he did in high school and college, a poll like this won't be nearly as lopsided as it is now.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
mookielala wrote:

me too

This is what I wanted for this offseason since last offseason. Sign PG plus a few role player and vets to shore out gaps in our roster.

Those role players could be: Brook Lopez, Will Barton, Tyreke Evans, Joe Harris, Rondo (ok, I didn't want him last year, but I'm open to it since we need a backup point).

I'm spitballing, but we can probably get 2-3 good role players to fill in gaps for us with the 2nd max money.

Keep current core (including Randle) + PG13 + bringing back at least one of Lopez/Thomas/Pope is my dream offseason
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
mookielala wrote:

me too

Keep current core (including Randle) + PG13 + bringing back at least one of Lopez/Thomas/Pope is my dream offseason

I dunno why you want IT, but, fair enough.

If you don't acquire a second MAX star, you can bring in a number of players with that money. Lopez+KCP+Vet.

If we only go with PG, I think we'll need 1 big, 1 SG, and 1 backup PG that isn't too old since I'm not convinced on Lonzo not being injury prone just yet.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

I've posted a few times in one of the lonzo threads about my scepticism regarding lonzo's long term health. I think it's very important to have someone who can be starting point guard in case he gets hurt again

ringfinger wrote:
If we only go with PG, I think we'll need 1 big

I'm also still open to bringing in PG13+ Cousins
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I've posted a few times in one of the lonzo threads about my scepticism regarding lonzo's long term health. I think it's very important to have someone who can be starting point guard in case he gets hurt again

Oh, I'm with you on that. Having a reliable backup PG should be one of our priorities this offseason IMO.

But if long term health is your concern, then, why aren't you concerned about IT who has a much longer (and severe) injury history?

If we go the one max route, you can do a lot better, cheaper, and safer than IT and it would almost be a virtual guarantee you can get better defensively.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Oh, I'm with you on that. Having a reliable backup PG should be one of our priorities this offseason IMO.

But if long term health is your concern, then, why aren't you concerned about IT who has a much longer (and severe) injury history?

If we go the one max route, you can do a lot better, cheaper, and safer than IT and it would almost be a virtual guarantee you can get better defensively.

Cheaper and safer maybe... but better? Who do you have in mind specifically?

IT is a risk... but assuming he recovered from his injury, he could be a bargain for someone as a backup point guard.

Only nine players have averaged 29 points per game in a season in the last 12 years. 8 are headed to the hall of fame... IT is the only one on the list who isn't.

He is a defensive liability no doubt, but his offense is way superior if healthy to anyone available.

This conversation is moot because we have LBJ... but if we don't... I bet you can't name someone better that we wouldn't have to trade for.

I'm tired of people constantly saying no to IT... but then suggesting a mystery player who doesn't exist. Maybe we can draft a good one... but until they prove themselves at an NBA level... we need someone who can play at a high level. He would be good as a backup option.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

IT is a risk... but assuming he recovered from his injury, he could be a bargain for someone as a backup point guard.

Only nine players have averaged 29 points per game in a season in the last 12 years. 8 are headed to the hall of fame... IT is the only one on the list who isn't.

He is a defensive liability no doubt, but his offense is way superior if healthy to anyone available.

This conversation is moot because we have LBJ... but if we don't... I bet you can't name someone better that we wouldn't have to trade for.

I'm tired of people constantly saying no to IT... but then suggesting a mystery player who doesn't exist. Maybe we can draft a good one... but until they prove themselves at an NBA level... we need someone who can play at a high level. He would be good as a backup option.

If you make the argument that IT is a hall of fame player, you're going to then have to be willing to pay a comparable price. So at what maximum price are you willing to pay for IT?

He may be better than other players we would get, but he would also be more expensive, not to mention, still an injury risk and defensive liability and his value only comes in when Lonzo gets hurt. While Lonzo is healthy, his contributions are minimized.

I think there are other guys who could be had for a few million per year. Cory Joseph, Rajon Rondo, Seth Curry for instance.

That gives you more money to better shore up other spots that we need such as SG and center.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Randle has been working out plenty in LA and at the facility FWIW. He's usually there at night from what I understand.

This is 100% speculation by me, it's not like I've heard anything on this either way. I would guess that they would rather have BI around to work with their coaches at their facility, but I also think that they trust Ingram's work ethic.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

If you make the argument that IT is a hall of fame player, you're going to then have to be willing to pay a comparable price. So at what maximum price are you willing to pay for IT?

He may be better than other players we would get, but he would also be more expensive, not to mention, still an injury risk and defensive liability and his value only comes in when Lonzo gets hurt. While Lonzo is healthy, his contributions are minimized.

I think there are other guys who could be had for a few million per year. Cory Joseph, Rajon Rondo, Seth Curry for instance.

That gives you more money to better shore up other spots that we need such as SG and center.

He's not a Hall of Fame player... unless he went back to Boston form and repeated it a few more years on a playoff team.

I'm only arguing that he's a unique offensive talent.

Rondo is a good option... forgot about him... but probably the only one that could have IT's impact if healthy.

I wouldn't pay him more than one or two years on a show me contract... my point was only that he's not just an average player if healthy.

Some team will sign him... and I'm hoping it's not Boston, Philly, OKC, Utah... someone who we might see in the playoffs.

I'm at peace not signing IT because we will have LBJ... but if he didn't come... I really think he'd be a great backup until Lonzo fixes his shot.

We are willing to play Lonzo as defensive facilitator with no shot right now... I see no difference playing IT as an offensive facilitator with no defense. Especially as a backup. Both are liabilities with skillsets that offset their deficiencies imo.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

He's not a Hall of Fame player... unless he went back to Boston form and repeated it a few more years on a playoff team.

Rondo is a good option... forgot about him... but probably the only one that could have IT's impact if healthy.

I wouldn't pay him more than one or two years on a show me contract... my point was only that he's not just an average player if healthy.

Some team will sign him... and I'm hoping it's not Boston, Philly, OKC, Utah... someone who we might see in the playoffs.

I'm at peace not signing IT because we will have LBJ... but if he didn't come... I really think he'd be a great backup until Lonzo fixes his shot.

We are willing to play Lonzo as defensive facilitator with no shot right now... I see no difference playing IT as an offensive facilitator with no defense. Especially as a backup. Both are liabilities with skillsets that offset their deficiencies imo.

Well, jeez. You used the (only player to score 29PPG that is not in the hall of fame) argument to convince me to want him, but, clearly want to acquire him at the level of someone who wouldn't even contend for 6th man of the year.

An above average talent is going to get at minimum, a $10M-$12M per year contract. James Johnson got $15M/yr contract last year. Tyler Johnson got a $12M/yr contract. So IT is going to at least be somewhere in there given he is a "unique offensive talent".

For me, that's too much. Way too much.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Well, jeez. You used the (only player to score 29PPG that is not in the hall of fame) argument to convince me to want him, but, clearly want to acquire him at the level of someone who wouldn't even contend for 6th man of the year.

An above average talent is going to get at minimum, a $10M-$12M per year contract. James Johnson got $15M/yr contract last year. Tyler Johnson got a $12M/yr contract. So IT is going to at least be somewhere in there given he is a "unique offensive talent".

For me, that's too much. Way too much.

Fair enough... I have no problem with those who use the too expensive argument... I only have one with those who use the not good argument.

As I said, I think we'll have Bron so IT will be a footnote in our past.

But if we don't... you'll probably see me on here advocating for him.

I just hope he's not on one of our rivals next season. As we will actually have rivals again by then.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15
Jump to: