If you can only keep 1, Lonzo Or Ingram?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Lonzo or Ingram?
Lonzo
34%
 34%  [ 100 ]
Ingram
65%
 65%  [ 193 ]
Total Votes : 293

Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

You have two souffles that take two hours to prepare

One has been made by a master chef... the other by a good chef.

The one made by the good chef has been in the oven for an hour.

The one made by the master chef has just been put in the oven.

You need to be at a movie in an hour and a half.

Do you eat the souffle made by the good chef... or do you eat the souffle by the master chef?

Just because circumstance may dictate a preference, doesn't mean you hate one. I like both of them and want to keep both of them.

But if I'm forced to choose... I will eat the fully cooked one made by the good chef.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

So Ingram right?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

You have 2 bakers.
One uses 3 eggs to bake a cake and one use 4 cage free eggs.
One then adds milk. But the other is lactose intolerant so uses almond milk.
You have a choice for either cake but you have to be at your own funeral in 20 mins.
Which do you choose?

Answer: who cares.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

and the shark has been jumped.....
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject:

30 cows 28 chicken, how many didn't?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Ummmm... are you guys okay? lol
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

11 pm on a Sunday night.
And no Lakers news...
Of course we're not
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Now you see why so many Americans do poorly at word problems.

Attention span...lol
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

11 pm on a Sunday night.
And no Lakers news...
Of course we're not

eh.. I guess that explains it lol..
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject:

If you had to keep one Id say Ingram. But thats not how this should be determined. Fit is whats important.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Cuban Missile Crisis lasted 13 days... in fact they made a film about it called Thirteen Days.

We are about to experience what those people experienced
(on a much smaller scale with much lower stakes)
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Sentient Meat wrote:

Attention span...lol

I always hated word problems growing up, I'd always figure them out without showing the work.

Like I wouldn't know how to solve them using the equations/rules taught in that class but I'd still be able to get the right answer using logic and just thinking outside the box.

Never got credit on those smh
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
The Cuban Missile Crisis lasted 13 days... in fact they made a film about it called Thirteen Days.

We are about to experience what those people experienced
(on a much smaller scale with much lower stakes)
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Attention span...lol

I always hated word problems growing up, I'd always figure them out without showing the work.

so the person you cheated off of knew how to do them?
christopherorman
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

I think the voting above reflects two things: (1) those who want Ball to fail -- even Lakers fans -- because it validates their opinions about him, his family, and that they were "right" in the draft; and (2) a simple and unequivocal loathing for Lavar Ball and all he represents. I get (2). I do. I for the life of me will never, ever understand (1). Never. But maybe that's because I'm getting old.

I love Ingram and his commitment. But I think people forget that Ingram, in his rookie year, had one of the worst RPMs, one of the worst BPMs, and one of the worst PERs in the entire league. He was better his second year, but he wasn't transcendent; he still had a negative RPM and a negative BPM (-1.3) (interestingly, his BPM was only a positive with Ball on the floor...go figure). His VORP this year was .4. I see comparisons made to Giannis, but Giannis' advanced stats -- even early on -- were better. In his second year, Giannis had a VORP of 1.6. In his third year, Giannis had a VORP of 3.2. I don't see Ingram making that jump. His defensive ability is overstated too, as his DBPM was only a .3. Ingram's ballhandling and PG abilities are vastly overstated by posters too: he averaged 3.9 assists to 2.5 turnovers per game. He isn't a PG. He is, however, a SF who can at time distribute; perfect for a motion/ball movement offense. Ingram was improved in his second season. But he isn't an automatic allstar right now as far as projection. I think its cloudy.

Ball isn't perfect. He needs a jumper and a better offensive game. Yeah, yeah, I know, I know. If only he was Mitchell or Tatum, we love scoring!! But despite that, he had a positive BPM and a freaking 1.7 VORP as a rookie. He was third amongst all point guards in defense. His assist to turnover ratio was 2.7 (compare that to other point guards this year). Those kinds of stats don't grow on trees. Ingram, despite a full year in the NBA, didn't match Ball's stats this last year from an analytics perspective. I know, the 16 points per game is sexy; but basketball is so much more than scoring.

I will say, I'm crossing my fingers that both are Lakers next season. I love watching these young players grow and develop. I think Ball is going to be special and believe he will make Ingram special too. I think having young players and following their development makes the game more fun and winning that much sweeter.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

christopherorman wrote:
I think the voting above reflects two things: (1) those who want Ball to fail -- even Lakers fans -- because it validates their opinions about him, his family, and that they were "right" in the draft; and (2) a simple and unequivocal loathing for Lavar Ball and all he represents. I get (2). I do. I for the life of me will never, ever understand (1). Never. But maybe that's because I'm getting old.

I love Ingram and his commitment. But I think people forget that Ingram, in his rookie year, had one of the worst RPMs, one of the worst BPMs, and one of the worst PERs in the entire league. He was better his second year, but he wasn't transcendent; he still had a negative RPM and a negative BPM (-1.3) (interestingly, his BPM was only a positive with Ball on the floor...go figure). His VORP this year was .4. I see comparisons made to Giannis, but Giannis' advanced stats -- even early on -- were better. In his second year, Giannis had a VORP of 1.6. In his third year, Giannis had a VORP of 3.2. I don't see Ingram making that jump. His defensive ability is overstated too, as his DBPM was only a .3. Ingram's ballhandling and PG abilities are vastly overstated by posters too: he averaged 3.9 assists to 2.5 turnovers per game. He isn't a PG. He is, however, a SF who can at time distribute; perfect for a motion/ball movement offense. Ingram was improved in his second season. But he isn't an automatic allstar right now as far as projection. I think its cloudy.

Ball isn't perfect. He needs a jumper and a better offensive game. Yeah, yeah, I know, I know. If only he was Mitchell or Tatum, we love scoring!! But despite that, he had a positive BPM and a freaking 1.7 VORP as a rookie. He was third amongst all point guards in defense. His assist to turnover ratio was 2.7 (compare that to other point guards this year). Those kinds of stats don't grow on trees. Ingram, despite a full year in the NBA, didn't match Ball's stats this last year from an analytics perspective. I know, the 16 points per game is sexy; but basketball is so much more than scoring.

I will say, I'm crossing my fingers that both are Lakers next season. I love watching these young players grow and develop. I think Ball is going to be special and believe he will make Ingram special too. I think having young players and following their development makes the game more fun and winning that much sweeter.

Thank you for that gentle post.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

How bout we just believe the posters here when they tell us that they pick Ingram for basketball reasons.. Instead of manufacturing false narratives to invalidate the votes we're seeing.

Edit.. and a big lol @ Ball making Ingram special.. smh
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Tough decision. I voted to keep Ingram. I don't care if Lonzo and his brothers tour the country in the offseason rapping about various teammates while their father makes daily appearances on sports talk shows. Kid can do whatever he wants.

Both had trouble scoring as rookies. It happens. The fact that Ball had trouble scoring from two feet was for me, in a word, troubling.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Who is more Likeable? BI
Who isn’t a major distraction? BI
Who is more serious about their craft? BI
Who took a nice step forward last year? BI

Who is a better passer, defender and rebounder? Lonzo
Who has more potential? Lonzo

As long as people are throwing out metaphors. You have 100K to invest, do you

1) Put into into a 10 year treasury bond knowing that in 10 years you will profit by a very small amount, but risk nothing

2) Put it into a very promising but erratic stock that could make you $1,000,000 over the next 10 years or bust you out.

The chances are 90% you won’t make as much in the stock vs putting it into the bond, but there is a chance you will make a lot of money and be “rich”. Lonzo is our chance to hit a home run, BI is Rod Carew all day long. Rod Carew isn’t winning you any championships. I’m glad I personally don’t have to make this decision...I’d keep lonzo tho.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

christopherorman wrote:

CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:27 pm    Post subject:

All I know is that with Lonzo, that was the most exciting Laker ball I have seen since the last championship. More exciting than the broken down playoff teams after that.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject:

I'm trying to understand how Ball is supposed to make Ingram special when Ingram's best stretch of basketball in his career came with Ball out.. His data was off the charts.. all be it a short sample.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I'm trying to understand how Ball is supposed to make Ingram special when Ingram's best stretch of basketball in his career came with Ball out.. His data was off the charts.. all be it a short sample.

It's on Ingram to do better off-ball, or even better, take some responsibility initiating an offense and actually find Lonzo off-ball.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

It's on Ingram to do better off-ball, or even better, take some responsibility initiating an offense and actually find Lonzo off-ball.

He actually did that until he got injured.. and I still don't get how that translates to Ball making Ingram special.

You don't become special due to someone elses brilliance.. You have to have natural talent, coupled with an insane work ethic.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

He actually did that until he got injured.. and I still don't get how that translates to Ball making Ingram special.

You don't become special due to someone elses brilliance.. You have to have natural talent, coupled with an insane work ethic.

did you vote for Ingram?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15
Jump to: