What star pairing would you prefer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What star pairing would you prefer?
Lebron and PG
23%
 23%  [ 37 ]
Lebron and Kawhi
24%
 24%  [ 38 ]
PG and Kawhi
51%
 51%  [ 80 ]
Total Votes : 155

Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:03 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
I would PREFER that Lonzo, BI and Randle become the superstars that the Lakers need.

Failing that, I'd prefer LeBron and PG because we would have to give up fewer assets to get them. I'm a big believer in team depth.

This is my preference too. In two years the disastrous Deng signing disappears without the Lakers having to give up any assets--this is when Randle, BI, Ball, Kuzma and Hart should be reaching their prime. I think we have a group of hard working young players who are going to reach their potential--hopefully this also includes Zubac and Bryant. If, however, there is a chance to bring in established stars like Lebron, George and Kawhi then one takes that chance. Hopefully, it doesn't turn into catastrophes like the Howards and Nash debacles.

Note to Magic and Pelinka--Don't screw this up.

--Anonymous

Last edited by Annihilator on Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
I would PREFER that Lonzo, BI and Randle become the superstars that the Lakers need.

And I'd prefer the Lakers to finally start treating them like they believe in them to make it happen.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject:

I'm surprised the voting is the way it is.

People are assuming that Kawhi's mindset is the same as it was back when he was Finals MVP, or that the quad injury isn't as major.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject:

There is only one choice based off of the simplicity of the poll.

The answer is PG13 and LeBron. If Kawhi comes here then that means we are trading for him which means we are losing assets. The only way to keep all of our players AND have two stars is by choosing the free agent stars. That means no Kawhi.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject:

PG + Bron

Kawhi will cost us a combination of Ball Ingram Kuz Randle

i'd rather have PG + Bron + our younger pieces
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
PG + Bron

Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject:

Not factoring the cost, I'd take LBJ and Kawhi. I'll roll the dice on the mindset and the quad because I think he's that good.

But factoring the cost, LBJ and PG.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
PG + Bron

Well, it all depends on the price, no? What if the price was just one piece?

It's tough. I mean, Kawhi is 26. He's so perfect for this team in that regard and for the long term play.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:
Pg and Kawhi and it’s not close.

Based on question I’m shocked it’s not LBJ and PG considering 2 or possibly 3 of the youngsters would be traded to get Kawhi

Exactly. There is a fever going around right now. No point in getting infected. I'm just going to wait this out. Not going to get into anymore debates. Not like we can influence anything. I just hope Rob and Maginka are smarter than some fans, which I'm sure they are.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
PG + Bron

It's tough. I mean, Kawhi is 26. He's so perfect for this team in that regard and for the long term play.

If it's just one piece? What piece is that? Do you really think it would happen? All 3 guys and their contracts cover roughly 80-90% of team cap by themselves.

Yeah, Kawhi is 26. Is that quad healthy? Is his mindset in the right place? Age won't matter if the other two aren't in line.

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
PG + Bron

If it's just one piece? What piece is that? Do you really think it would happen? All 3 guys and their contracts cover roughly 80-90% of team cap by themselves.

Yeah, Kawhi is 26. Is that quad healthy? Is his mindset in the right place? Age won't matter if the other two aren't in line.

Oh, I wasn't talking about all 3. I was talking about essentially Kawhi vs Lebron. We're talking about an 8 year age gap.

I do like that we can acquire PG+Lebron without giving up any young pieces, I am just concerned about LBJ's window.

I hear you on the injury concerns with Kawhi, but I think it's fair to have age and durability concerns with LBJ, no?

This is why PG is the only lock on this one for me.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject:

My bad for the misunderstanding.

I have concerns about LBJ's window too. But, I don't think there's anyone in the league that invests more into his personal health like LeBron James.

This is why I'm much better with PG and hopefully keeping Randle. Not superburned out on playoff mileage. LBJ can't be playing 38mpg. That needs to go to a Spurs level 31-34mpg at best.

Just assuming these guys sign and going into next season, I would have zero issues with LBJ playing 20 minutes on a perceived "weak" game and try to develop some chemistry with the rest of the rotation instead. Because if PG, Hart, and either Brook/Randle can't maintain a score or at least slow the bleeding against bigger teams, there's bigger problems.

Last edited by Mike@LG on Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

I have concerns about LBJ's window too. But, I don't think there's anyone in the league that invests more into his personal health like LeBron James.

This is why I'm much better with PG and hopefully keeping Randle. Not superburned out on playoff mileage. LBJ can't be playing 38mpg. That needs to go to a Spurs level 31-34mpg at best.

Totally agree and the one thing I do like about the Lebron option, is that we actually have the position depth to allow for that because Ingram/Kuz can slide in whenever LBJ needs a breather.

If Lebron was 30, it'd be all LBJ+PG for me.

But what if to choose Lebron, meant, having Lebron for 5 years?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Totally agree and the one thing I do like about the Lebron option, is that we actually have the position depth to allow for that because Ingram/Kuz can slide in whenever LBJ needs a breather.

I see it as more of a transition. Right now LeBron is at his prime with IQ over athleticism. But there's a window where it won't last to this insane level. Once it tapers, PG is in his prime. It'll slowly transition to his team.

That, will occur at the same time that the youthcore is further developed too.

DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I see it as more of a transition. Right now LeBron is at his prime with IQ over athleticism. But there's a window where it won't last to this insane level. Once it tapers, PG is in his prime. It'll slowly transition to his team.

How long do you think dudes play? Transition into PGs prime after lebron is done? PG is 28,he’s alrwady in his prime and he likely has about 4/5 years before he tapers off dramatically himself. Lebron is turning 34, his longevity has surpassed KAJ levels already, he’s an outlier. Look at wade, melo, cp3, kobe etc etc. normally dudes don’t play to lebrons level at that age. And lebron is already 16th all time in total mins played, he can fall apart at any second. That’s why I prefer to go after PG and Randle during this offseason, and Kawhi next offseason and completely bypass lebron. Kawhi is turning 27, PG is 28, then when they taper off, it will transition to our young core having the reigns. Sustained dominance. Lebron can go retire elsewhere imo. Also don’t want to be paying 35+ million for a player who doesn’t play defense and you have to “cater” to by watching mins.

Last edited by DangeRuss on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

How long to you think dudes play? Transition into PGs prime after lebron is done? PG is 28,he’s alrwady in his prime and he likely has about 4/5 years before he tapers off dramatically himself. Lebron is turning 34, his longevity has surpassed KAJ levels already, he’s an outlier. Look at wade, melo, cp3, kobe etc etc. normally dudes don’t play to lebrons level at that age. And lebron is already 16th all time in total mins played, he can fall apart at any second. That’s why I prefer to go after PG and Randle during this offseason, and Kawhi next offseason and completely bypass lebron. Kawhi is turning 27, PG is 28, then when they taper off, it will transition to our young core having the reigns. Sustained dominance. Lebron can go retire elsewhere imo. Also don’t want to be paying 35+ million for a player who doesn’t play defense and you have to “cater” to by watching mins.

4 year window. Find another player that invests more into himself physically than LeBron.

What age will the kids be? Randle (hopefully), 27. Lonzo 24. Kuzma 27. Ingram 24.

Catch my drift?

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

So the best player in the world is in two pairings and those combined don’t add up to the third without him... LG, you’re better than this.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

How long to you think dudes play? Transition into PGs prime after lebron is done? PG is 28,he’s alrwady in his prime and he likely has about 4/5 years before he tapers off dramatically himself. Lebron is turning 34, his longevity has surpassed KAJ levels already, he’s an outlier. Look at wade, melo, cp3, kobe etc etc. normally dudes don’t play to lebrons level at that age. And lebron is already 16th all time in total mins played, he can fall apart at any second. That’s why I prefer to go after PG and Randle during this offseason, and Kawhi next offseason and completely bypass lebron. Kawhi is turning 27, PG is 28, then when they taper off, it will transition to our young core having the reigns. Sustained dominance. Lebron can go retire elsewhere imo. Also don’t want to be paying 35+ million for a player who doesn’t play defense and you have to “cater” to by watching mins.

4 year window. Find another player that invests more into himself physically than LeBron.

What age will the kids be? Randle (hopefully), 27. Lonzo 24. Kuzma 27. Ingram 24.

Catch my drift?

Not sure you read my post.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Just say no to LeBron.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Catch my drift?

Not sure you read my post.

So, didn't catch my drift.

Daloyalfan16
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
Pg and Kawhi and it’s not close.
bum2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

The Lebron insecurity around here is madness. PG on his best day is barely Lebron on his average and to make a big deal out of age when the 33 year old is still the best athlete, is silly.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: What star pairing would you prefer?

32 wrote:
If we could only get 2 stars what pairing would you prefer?

Lebron and PG
Lebron and Kawhi
PG and Kawhi

PG and Kawhi? When? 2019? Cuz PG and Kawhi now would mean we traded most of the youth.

LeBron and PG now means we have all our youth.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Honestly if we kept our young guys and were able to land PG/Bron without losing any of them I think we could get away with playing him 28 MPG, not that he'd let that happen though lol.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Any of the three choices works for me!

But I voted for LeBron and Kawhi.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: