Media Speculates Ball to be LAL Trade Talks (or maybe Ingram)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject:

It's pretty clear from all the media stuff that Kuz is the one they'd trade last.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
It's pretty clear from all the media stuff that Kuz is the one they'd trade last.

Hate to see any of them go but if KL and LBJ come on board were probably losing two of them I was fully on board with getting Lebron and PG and keeping ALL of our young players the Kawhi Leonard possibility has changed all that. What an exciting time to be a Laker fan.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
lakid wrote:
King Randle wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
I just hope we can keep Ingram.

I’m with you. I’d ship Ball and Kuz anytime before Ingram

Agree with this, INgram is a potential star, I don't think either Ball or Kuzma are on his level.

https://twitter.com/ryenarussillo/status/1007829851691089920

It really seems you have an agenda when you retweet Russillo and Gottlieb as credible sources. We might as well be retweeting Skip Bayless or Steven A. Smith.

Yes, it's me who has an agenda (to communicate that the Lakers really love Kuzma?) and it's definitely not you having a "ride or die no matter what" agenda for Brandon Ingram that's getting in the way here.

Again, here's the Kevin Ding article from yesterday if that more thoroughly communicates the point. I don't need Gottlieb or Russillo to know that the Lakers love Kuz and value him higher than you guys do. They both said something that I have heard as well, so I shared it.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/the-point/180615-kuzmas-journey-for-significance-only-beginning
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

^ Thanks for the link to Ding story.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject:

^ Yeah thanks GT.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:

All rookie and potential star on less than a 2 mill per contract for the next 3 years don't exactly grow on trees you know.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject:

^ GT, thanks for the article. I'm getting back from travel and had not
read it.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject:

Ingram is a below-average go-to player. And Kuzma is an above-average role player.
So depending on what system Magic imagines our super team running, I could see Kuzma being the preference.

But if Ingram ends up in SA with Pop. I could imagine Brandon being a thorn in the Lakers side for years to come. I could see SA turning Ingram into another Kawhi.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Ingram is a below-average go-to player. And Kuzma is an above-average role player.
So depending on what system Magic imagines our super team running, I could see Kuzma being the preference.

But if Ingram ends up in SA with Pop. I could imagine Brandon being a thorn in the Lakers side for years to come. I could see SA turning Ingram into another Kawhi.

You could argue that Ingram is already on that path.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject:

You know what's funny, is if you listen to the Haynes audio, they ask him what it would cost the Lakers, and THE VERY FIRST THING THAT HE SAYS is:

"That's a good question. That's something I haven't been able to look in to."

And then goes on to give his opinion on what it would take. Then that gets framed and aggregated as it being what he's hearing around the league, when the very first thing that he says is that he hasn't been able to look into that.

Haynes didn't do anything wrong here, it's just that much of sports media is a racket that's going to frame things in the most sensational way every single time.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Ingram is going to shoot north of a 60% TS% and be a DPOY winner?

I've written it before, but the kid is so raw that he's a pure Rorschach test - he could theoretically be anything the viewer projects onto him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
MJST wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Ingram is going to shoot north of a 60% TS% and be a DPOY winner?

I've written it before, but the kid is so raw that he's a pure Rorschach test - he could theoretically be anything the viewer projects onto him.

Yup.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
lakid wrote:
King Randle wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:

Agree with this, INgram is a potential star, I don't think either Ball or Kuzma are on his level.

It really seems you have an agenda when you retweet Russillo and Gottlieb as credible sources. We might as well be retweeting Skip Bayless or Steven A. Smith.

Yes, it's me who has an agenda (to communicate that the Lakers really love Kuzma?) and it's definitely not you having a "ride or die no matter what" agenda for Brandon Ingram that's getting in the way here.

Again, here's the Kevin Ding article from yesterday if that more thoroughly communicates the point. I don't need Gottlieb or Russillo to know that the Lakers love Kuz and value him higher than you guys do. They both said something that I have heard as well, so I shared it.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/the-point/180615-kuzmas-journey-for-significance-only-beginning

Tell me where someone said the Lakers didn't love Kuzma?

Lets not spin it, the point you were trying to prove was not that the Lakers loved Kuzma, but that they loved Kuzma more than Ingram or would trade Ingram before Kuzma.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
lakid wrote:
King Randle wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:

Thanks for that article, great article. I loved this quote:

Quote:
I think people get it, because of where I come from,” he said. “I’ve never been a McDonald’s All-American. I’ve never been a five-star recruit. I’ve never been an All-American in college. I was a random kid who got drafted randomly at 27 who nobody knew. And I had a great season.

But, did I miss something? Did it say somewhere in there that the Lakers value Kuzma more than Ingram?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
lakid wrote:
King Randle wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:

Lets not spin it, the point you were trying to prove was not that the Lakers loved Kuzma, but that they loved Kuzma more than Ingram or would trade Ingram before Kuzma.

Yes, I think that's probably true. Did you not hear Ramona Shelburne say the same thing a couple of days ago?

Did Ingram just have an ode to him written by Kevin Ding?

Do you think the Lakers would prefer Ingram was working out in the facility with their coaches like the other young guys have been, or on the East Coast like he has been?

Did Magic Johnson & Rob Pelinka draft Brandon Ingram? Did they draft Kyle Kuzma?

Frankly, as much as I like Kuz and think that him & Ingram are much closer as prospects than LG does, I think Ingram's a better fit alongside the max guys than Kuzma is, because of his current and future ability as a defender/swiss-army knife. I don't think the Lakers FO shares my opinion. Sorry if that isn't what you want to hear.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
lakid wrote:
King Randle wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:

Yes, I think that's probably true. Did you not hear Ramona Shelburne say the same thing a couple of days ago?

Did Ingram just have an ode to him written by Kevin Ding?

Do you think the Lakers would prefer Ingram was working out in the facility with their coaches like the other young guys have been, or on the East Coast like he has been?

Did Magic Johnson & Rob Pelinka draft Brandon Ingram? Did they draft Kyle Kuzma?

Frankly, as much as I like Kuz and think that him & Ingram are much closer as prospects than LG does, I think Ingram's a better fit alongside the max guys than Kuzma is, because of his current and future ability as a defender/swiss-army knife. I don't think the Lakers FO shares my opinion. Sorry if that isn't what you want to hear.

I would trade Ingram and Ball for Kawhi before Kuzma so it isn't like I am attached to any of them.

Just saying, we can easily spin situations however we want. Did you hear Magic call Ingram untouchable? Have you heard Magic call Kuzma untouchable?

Do you remember Ramona saying the Lakers were unhappy with the diss track Kuzma released? Perhaps Kuzma needed an ode written about him because the previous two days of press highlighted immaturity and the Lakers needed to change the story.

We will never know who the FO values more because as you said, just because they trade Ingram or Ball before Kuzma, doesn't mean they value each less.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:

Not necessarily. It'd could easily be a situation where Ingram and Ball have more value than Kuz.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

I'm sure that's why the FO asked them to put a lid on the Social Media foolishness, because it's hurting their changes to trade him.

I say we ship is ARSS out on the first boat moving... There's no real upside there IMO, what's he going to be a Jason Kidd... I doubt it...

In High School, he was a scoring Combo guard and he'll have to transform into that in the NBA in order to be significant on a team and if we get any of those players; Kawhi, PG13 or LBJ, we totally won't need him. Keep Kuz and Keep Ingram, we can package Ball with Randle.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
I'm sure that's why the FO asked them to put a lid on the Social Media foolishness, because it's hurting their changes to trade him.

I say we ship is ARSS out on the first boat moving... There's no real upside there IMO, what's he going to be a Jason Kidd... I doubt it...

In High School, he was a scoring Combo guard and he'll have to transform into that in the NBA in order to be significant on a team and if we get any of those players; Kawhi, PG13 or LBJ, we totally won't need him. Keep Kuz and Keep Ingram, we can package Ball with Randle.

Lonzo doesn’t have to become a scoring combo guard to be successful in the NBA.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

I see Kuzma as a role player and nothing more, so it’s weird to see the Lakers having that opinion.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

I’d like to keep as much of the youth as possible, especially Zo in that he’s a low-usage maximizet that plays good defense. He is the key to our offense. He speeds up our pace (more possessions), plays good defense (getting us more possessions and reducing the opponents), and barely needs the ball (meaning multiple stars that need to dribble, dribble, dribble can be accommodated).

Frankly I think all of the young guys are perfect fits around star talent - BI shoots high percentage catch and shoot, can attack any passing lane, can make plays on both ends; jules takes only a couple dribbles before he gets a bucket, can make plays on both ends, generate possessions and keep the pace high by boarding and either outletting or running. Kuz is kuz, obvious how he fits in; same with Hart.

I still think maybe we are in too much of a rush. I think adding PG this summer (think of him as a souped-up KCP) and Kawhi the next would be great. All the young guys still there. Probably the best route in my opinion. I have no fears - no fears - that all of our young guys will develop into their best versions (barring injury). I think they just work too hard and have a FO that cares too much.

IN any event, as to the topic . . . Zo, despite all of the above, does scare me: that effing knee. That is where he comparisons to DLO ring true and the only reason I trade him if I’m LA - if we believe that knee just won’t hold up.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

If the assumption is that the Lakers get Lebron, Kawhi and PG13 then I would think Lonzo is the player you keep of the Kuz/Ingram/Ball trio.

There are other factors in play obviously, but Lonzo fits best imo if we are assuming we landed all 3 stars.

It’s still going to hurt to give up Kuz and Ingram if that’s how it goes down. People who don’t watch the Lakers don’t get how good these guys will be moving forward.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
I see Kuzma as a role player and nothing more, so it’s weird to see the Lakers having that opinion.

Probably they see him more than you do.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

Why tade away a piece when you can sign the FA outright ?
That makes no sence.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
Why tade away a piece when you can sign the FA outright ?
That makes no sence.

If we get Pg and Lebron this year, Lakers won’t able to sign Kawhi next year unless he takes less money or Deng a lot of pieces are moved.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14
Jump to: