Media Speculates Ball to be LAL Trade Talks (or maybe Ingram)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
I think Phoenix would still be interested in Lonzo Ball

What about Lonzo+Deng for the #16 pick?

why are we trading former #2 pick for garbage? if its not to trade KL, keep all the guys.

I think hydrohead scenario is trade Ball for #16 then attach #16 and #25 with BI/Kuzma to Spurs for KL

You got it IG.

And if they don't, they have worked out Walker and Smith. IF they are available and can't make the move for KL, then we have a guard to replace Lonzo.

We all would have freaked replacing DLo (a #2 pick) for Kuz last year. How did that turn out?

Last edited by hydrohead on Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

why are we trading former #2 pick for garbage? if its not to trade KL, keep all the guys.

I think hydrohead scenario is trade Ball for #16 then attach #16 and #25 with BI/Kuzma to Spurs for KL

You got it IG.

And if they don't, they have worked out Walker and Smith. IF they are available and can't make the move for KL, then we have a guard to replace Lonzo.

We all would have freaked replacing DLo (a #2 pick) for Kuz last year. How did that turn out?

Yeah we either move the #16 or we keep it to draft a solid guard or attach it to land Leonard on draft night
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

You got it IG.

Yeah we either move the #16 or we keep it to draft a solid guard or attach it to land Leonard on draft night

NO
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

You got it IG.

NO

How would you do it?
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

You got it IG.

Oh yeah there is the cap flexibility as well, running out $25 mil off the books.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
its funny how Tatum is untouchable for boston to get KL but we are happily including all our young guys.

trade deng somewhere else and Spurs don't have any package better then BI/25th pick

And you know this how? It's probably accurate, but everything is just speculation right now. The Celtics are pretty tight lipped. We still have no clue what they offered for Kawhi earlier in the season.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:

I'd prefer they do that with Ingram who is a lesser player than Ball. But to each their own.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
lakid wrote:
King Randle wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
I just hope we can keep Ingram.

I’m with you. I’d ship Ball and Kuz anytime before Ingram

Agree with this, INgram is a potential star, I don't think either Ball or Kuzma are on his level.

https://twitter.com/ryenarussillo/status/1007829851691089920

It really seems you have an agenda when you retweet Russillo and Gottlieb as credible sources. We might as well be retweeting Skip Bayless or Steven A. Smith.

Yes, it's me who has an agenda (to communicate that the Lakers really love Kuzma?) and it's definitely not you having a "ride or die no matter what" agenda for Brandon Ingram that's getting in the way here.

Again, here's the Kevin Ding article from yesterday if that more thoroughly communicates the point. I don't need Gottlieb or Russillo to know that the Lakers love Kuz and value him higher than you guys do. They both said something that I have heard as well, so I shared it.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/the-point/180615-kuzmas-journey-for-significance-only-beginning

Ding is such a bad writer, man.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

If Lonzo is a constant in trades talks (which could easily be total BS), I wouldn't think it would be talks with SA. It's hard to imagine the Spurs going after a player who brings so much outside hype and drama (via Lavar, etc.). I could be wrong, but that doesn't match my impression of what Popovich or the team wants from their players.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
its funny how Tatum is untouchable for boston to get KL but we are happily including all our young guys.

trade deng somewhere else and Spurs don't have any package better then BI/25th pick

And you know this how? It's probably accurate, but everything is just speculation right now. The Celtics are pretty tight lipped. We still have no clue what they offered for Kawhi earlier in the season.

i heard Bobby Marks say on ESPN
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

I'd prefer they do that with Ingram who is a lesser player than Ball. But to each their own.

ya
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
If Lonzo is a constant in trades talks (which could easily be total BS), I wouldn't think it would be talks with SA. It's hard to imagine the Spurs going after a player who brings so much outside hype and drama (via Lavar, etc.). I could be wrong, but that doesn't match my impression of what Popovich or the team wants from their players.

I thought the article said it was Lonzo in a trade to Cavs
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
mookielala wrote:

I thought the article said it was Lonzo in a trade to Cavs

Oh, I didn't see the article. Thanks.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
My only issue is the lack of value...Magic needs to convince Lebron to deal with him for a few months, up Lonzo's trade value, and then ship him out then.

Deal with him? How many rookies did LeBron go out of his way to wish a Happy Birthday this season? How many rookies was LeBron pulling aside to advise? How many rookies did he go out of his way to watch their Summer League game?

LeBron doesn't need any convincing about Lonzo. If he's who'd have to go out for Kawhi or Lillard, so be it, but Lonzo is a feature to LeBron, not a bug.

Look, I get it. It would be hard. That's why we have Magic - He needs to prove his worth, talk to Lebron, and try to convince him.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
My only issue is the lack of value...Magic needs to convince Lebron to deal with him for a few months, up Lonzo's trade value, and then ship him out then.

Deal with him? How many rookies did LeBron go out of his way to wish a Happy Birthday this season? How many rookies was LeBron pulling aside to advise? How many rookies did he go out of his way to watch their Summer League game?

LeBron doesn't need any convincing about Lonzo. If he's who'd have to go out for Kawhi or Lillard, so be it, but Lonzo is a feature to LeBron, not a bug.

Look, I get it. It would be hard. That's why we have Magic - He needs to prove his worth, talk to Lebron, and try to convince him.

Magic has to convince LeBron that Lonzo is a bug?
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

ya

'
ya? OK. 2/3 of LG would disagree and send Lonzo packing over Ingram.

And Ingram has better market value across the league than Lonzo.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

i heard Bobby Marks say on ESPN

Sorry, I thought you were just making a general assumption based on LG. They would be right to make Tatum untouchable. Currently the best player in the draft at the moment, in my opinion. Ball, Kuzma, Mitchell, and some others have a chance to change that though.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

I'm shutting down this thread. If you read his entire quote, he is actually speculating. All of this other stuff is being discussed elsewhere.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14
Jump to: