Dwight Howard opens up on his LAL Season: "I came here injured but I wanted to show Lakers fans..."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers great32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject:

He was just traded for Moz to the nets for 2 second round picks smh we will never get sent off out books teams hate to deal with us smh.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Jsthornton7 wrote:
24ways2die wrote:
He finally got his wish

Sources: Charlotte traded Dwight Howard to Brooklyn for Timofey Mozgov, two second-rounders and cash considerations.

What is Kupchak’s obsession with Mozgov.

Can we trade him Deng too?

maybe he just like's Dwight about as much as most Laker fans? Or maybe he saw Dwight on TV lying his butt off, and felt ill? But most likely, this move keeps them out of the tax and becoming a repeater.

Yeah Charlotte fans not liking this deal financially, but r happy to be rid of Dwight

Quote:
Mitch managing to (bleep) up two times on the same contract's gotta be a first lmao

Quote:
Next move: reunite Mitch with Deng by trading with the Lakers to take Deng for something like Deng+J.Hart+1st rounder.

Quote:
Nah.

We save $7.5M this year, but add $17M next year. That’s far and away a net negative in terms of cap space

Quote:
I mean, I get what you're saying. I'm not happy about Mozgov being useless, but I think we'll be a better team overall because we can actually play a modern offense instead of having Dwight clog up everything. Mozgov might be an awful deal, but we can play around it and deal with it. Dwight is not so easy to deal with because he actually does play and affects how an offense runs. He will single handedly stunt the development of your young team, I can guarantee you that.

Hawks fans didn't believe Houston fans when they told them that.

Us Hornets fans didn't believe Hawks fans when they told us the same thing either.

I guess it'll take a season for Nets fans to believe it too.

Quote:
Dwight doing something = Negative

Mozgov doing nothing = Net Zero

0 > -1

Quote:
I would like to sincerely apologize for not believing Hawks fans who politely tried to warn us about the Dwightmare. I made fun of the Hawks for taking a terrible contract just to get rid of him and we just did the same thing...

Quote:
The frustration of having Dwight slow your teams offense a grinding halt. You'll notice the difference once the new season starts.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:16 am; edited 5 times in total
rebirth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject:

LOL @ the NJ charlotte deal. So let me get this straight. Mitch Kupchak Signed Moz to the one of the worst deals in NBA history, basically was one of the reasons he lost his job, then as his firs move as GM of the Hornets he trades and expiring contract in Dwight to the nets for a couple 2nd round picks for the same albatross contract. LMAO!!! thank god we got magic and Rob.

Call Charlotte to off load Deng. Mitch will do it,..
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject:

rebirth wrote:
LOL @ the NJ charlotte deal. So let me get this straight. Mitch Kupchak Signed Moz to the one of the worst deals in NBA history, basically was one of the reasons he lost his job, then as his firs move as GM of the Hornets he trades and expiring contract in Dwight to the nets for a couple 2nd round picks.. LMAO!!! thank god we got magic and Rob.

Charlotte just went full rebuild. I can totally understand why he did it.
Lakers great32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
rebirth wrote:
LOL @ the NJ charlotte deal. So let me get this straight. Mitch Kupchak Signed Moz to the one of the worst deals in NBA history, basically was one of the reasons he lost his job, then as his firs move as GM of the Hornets he trades and expiring contract in Dwight to the nets for a couple 2nd round picks.. LMAO!!! thank god we got magic and Rob.

well he can take Deng to then lol.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

I think this is why Mitch is a good GM, zero ego. He could have told MJ, he won't do this deal cause the optics look bad. But he took one for the North Carolina team. I didn't understand it either, until I read about the repeater tax. But yeah, too good to pass up for anti-Mitch crowd. Gotta get your kicks in.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
rebirth wrote:

Sure but you have to admit it is funny his first move involves dumping Howard and taking on Mozzie for a second run.

Tough look for Mitchell, if I am Maglinka I am feeling him out on Deng for sure.
HeatCandela
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject:

I find this Howard for Mozgov trade orchestrated by Mitch absolutely hysterical in every sense of the word.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject:

Don't agree with all the Kupchak hatred.

He just made a deal that benefits Charlotte financially despite how "bad" it looks to the social media experts.

Funny how the above quotes from Charlotte fans even support the move more then criticize it. They have seen just how bad Howard is on the floor and in the locker room. Getting rid of him and avoiding the luxury tax was more more important to the owners.

Howard is such a net negative. Can't wait to see the Nets reaction when they realize they added a player that will suck the energy from the organization. Can they survive?
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
“This is bananas! It don’t even seem real right now!”

Ahhhh man.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject:

This is a culture trade too, Howard is clearly a locker room cancer as this will the 5th team he is on in 6 years.

People assumed his issues here was Kobe being maniacal. Dwight is a loser. Can't change that.

Last edited by lakers4life78 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject:

If the nets are bad which they probably will be those second rounders should all be in the low 30s which is pretty decent
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
This is a culture trade too, Howard is clearly a locker room cancer as this will the 5th team he is on in 6 years.

People assumed his issues here was Kobe being maniacal. Dwight is a loser. Can't change that.

Kobe is maniacal, but with Dwight that really just means how long it took.

Even one of the most chill guys in the nba wanted to punch him out by year 3, Kobe was there in month 3.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
If the nets are bad which they probably will be those second rounders should all be in the low 30s which is pretty decent

Yeah, but means nothing with Jordan there. Plus no Jesse or Ryan. Jordan with select more power forwards.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:

6th team in 7 yrs?

2012- Orlando
2012-13 - Lakers
2013-14 - Houston
2014-15 - Houston
2015-16 - Houston
2016-17 - Atlanta
2017-18 - Charlotte
2018 - Brooklyn
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

This has to be a dream. Mitch really traded for Mozgov? 😂

Wish he would’ve traded him to Washington for Gortat. Wall/Howard/Beal would be nice. But God-forbid any team without Lebron become competitive in the East.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

The way Dwight has fallen off is just so shocking. No one wants him.

Him and Russell on the same team though Team chemistry FTW!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
This has to be a dream. Mitch really traded for Mozgov? 😂

Wish he would’ve traded him to Washington for Gortat. Wall/Howard/Beal would be nice. But God-forbid any team without Lebron become competitive in the East.

Mitch was likely tasked by Jordan to get under the tax threshold, so he needed to trade Howard to a team under the cap to get the short-term financial relief MJ wanted. Hence, no Washington deal.

But the Nets could easily turn around and trade Dwight to the Wiz after 12/15 for Mahinmi/Smith and the Wizards' 2019 1st.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
The way Dwight has fallen off is just so shocking. No one wants him.

Him and Russell on the same team though Team chemistry FTW!

I doubt they finish the year together. One or both will be moved before then.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:

Exactly.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Exactly.

we are the last team that should be talking about toxic people in the organization.... Ball Family lol
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
danzag wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Exactly.

we are the last team that should be talking about toxic people in the organization.... Ball Family lol
what ball family? lavar does not play for the lakers. let me say it again, lavar does not play for the lakers.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The biggest blunder that Jim and Mitch made

In disagree. In hindsight, it really wasn't. It was seen as pretty brilliant, quote the opposite. With Nash, Dwight, Pau and Kobe - that was a top 2-3 team in the west.

Nash was coming off a double double season (yes, the Lakers paid too much for him), Dwight wanted out of Orlando (for Bynum with glass knees)...

Nash got hurt immediately
Dwight came back too fast from injury...

That's what happened but I don't think they were bad moves...

Bringing in Dwight and Mike D'Antoni was a big blunder. What about this combo did anyone ever see and go, man this is gonna be great!!!! ????
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

God will D12 ever stop talking?

Yeah you came here injured complained the whole time and sucked. Then in the off-season signed with the Rockets... That's your legacy here deal with it
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

quick, call Nets and offer Deng + Zubac for Howard and a 1st rounder

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: