Dwight Howard opens up on his LAL Season: "I came here injured but I wanted to show Lakers fans..."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

I read MJ didn't want to pay the luxury tax and everyone hated Dwight.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

Well at least this is a better sign for maybe there is a team out there that can take Deng. If it was free agency time and just for the sake of argument the Lakers made this trade Deng for Dwight for two 2nd rounders and cash. We probably could have easily found a team to then take Dwight right away for at most some 1st rounders. Maybe it can be done.

As for the Hornets they should just tank. Trade Kemba. See if you can somehow attach Batum to a Kemba trade. They aren't going anywhere without hitting gold in the draft. They don't have the assets to majorly improve the team in a trade. Nobody is going there and they have no cap anyways.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

Hahahahah Howard traded for Moz

Lol
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

Wonder how much cash Brooklyn sent to Charlotte. How much are they allowed to send?
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Well at least this is a better sign for maybe there is a team out there that can take Deng. If it was free agency time and just for the sake of argument the Lakers made this trade Deng for Dwight for two 2nd rounders and cash. We probably could have easily found a team to then take Dwight right away for at most some 1st rounders. Maybe it can be done.

As for the Hornets they should just tank. Trade Kemba. See if you can somehow attach Batum to a Kemba trade. They aren't going anywhere without hitting gold in the draft. They don't have the assets to majorly improve the team in a trade. Nobody is going there and they have no cap anyways.

Just looked it up and saw that Batum is owed $24M, $25.5M, and $27.1M over the next three seasons. He put up 11.6ppg, 4.8rpg, 5.5apg last season. Ouch.
D. Sharp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The biggest blunder that Jim and Mitch made

Mozgov and Deng say "Hello."

Fortunately, Dwight rejecting the Laker's offer stopped them from making a far bigger blunder.

I'd take MozDeng over that any day.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject:

Mitch got his REVENGE.

and Double downed on Mozgov hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahha.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject:

Jsthornton7 wrote:
24ways2die wrote:
He finally got his wish

Sources: Charlotte traded Dwight Howard to Brooklyn for Timofey Mozgov, two second-rounders and cash considerations.

What is Kupchak’s obsession with Mozgov.

Can we trade him Deng too?

It’s called”get Jordan out of the repeater luxury tax”.
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject:

Mitch Kupchak Can’t Quit Mozgov

Mitch Kupchak is a known dealmaker, if that’s a term that means anything anymore. “People say I have a poker face,” he said at his introductory press conference as Hornets GM two months ago. But Wednesday’s trade has revealed Kupchak’s one true weakness: Timofey Mozgov.

It was Kupchak, after all, who inked Mozgov to a four-year, $64 million contract during the cap-spiked summer of 2016 (incidentally, Kupchak’s last summer as Lakers GM). And now, two years later, they’re back together again. On days like today, I find myself yearning for a buddy cop film starring these two. The possibilities are endless—“Kupsky & Moz,” “$64 Million Jump Street”—just make it and I’ll watch it.

I couldn’t find any pictures of these two together on the internet, but my guess is that’s only because Kupchak has kept them all for himself. At the end of the day, the only thing any of us can hope for is to find someone in life who values us as irrationally as Mitch Kupchak does Timofey Mozgov.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/20/17484136/dwight-howard-timofey-mozgov-brooklyn-nets-charlotte-hornets
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
eureca wrote:

Just looked it up and saw that Batum is owed $24M, $25.5M, and $27.1M over the next three seasons. He put up 11.6ppg, 4.8rpg, 5.5apg last season. Ouch.

What Happen to Batum?

he was a Monster not to long ago
HAWAIIGUY27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
HAWAIIGUY27 wrote:
eureca wrote:

What Happen to Batum?

he was a Monster not to long ago

I had him on my fantasy team and knew he was playing with a hurt elbow for most of the year. He was never really an efficient player to begin with, but it does seem like he's facing a pretty sharp decline, especially if he doesn't fully recover.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
quick, call Nets and offer Deng + Zubac for Howard and a 1st rounder

Better yet, call the Hornets. Let’s see if Mitch has the balls to double down on Deng
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject:

On a serious note, would you want the Lakers to sign Dwight Howard at the vet minimum once he is bought out by the Nets? It is very likely he does not end up playing for them and seeks a buy-out. I can also imagine they are trying to tank the season since they haven't had their own lottery pick in forever! Dwight does not help their tanking cause.

So, for the vet min, would you sign Dwight Howard and forego Lopez? Dwight's averages from last season: 16.6ppg, 12.5rpg, 1.6bpg in 30.4mpg. Shot 55.5% from the field and 57% on FT's.

I think Lebron and Magic could talk him into a reconciliation. If on the flipside he ends up with the Warriors, that would give the clear edge to the Warriors in my opinion.

Assuming we sign Lebron, PG13 and trade Deng away with some future picks, here is what we could have going into the season:

C - Dwight/Mitch Robinson/T Bryant
F - Lebron/Randle/Frye
F - Ingram/Kuzma
G - PG13/Hart
G - Ball/Seth Curry

If the Spurs are willing to deal Kawhi to us for Ingram/Randle, all the better.

Obviously, the key for us is to make sure we deal Deng at all costs!

Last edited by Zubolo on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Zubolo wrote:
On a serious note, would you want the Lakers to sign Dwight Howard at the vet minimum once he is bought out by the Nets? It is very likely he does not end up playing for them and seeks a buy-out. I can also imagine they are trying to tank the season since they haven't had their own lottery pick in forever! Dwight does not help their tanking cause.

So, for the vet min, would you sign Dwight Howard and forego Lopez? Dwight's averages from last season: 16.6ppg, 12.5rpg, 1.6bpg in 30.4mpg. Shot 55.5% from the field and 57% on FT's.

I think Lebron and Magic could talk him into a reconciliation. If on the flipside he ends up with the Warriors, that would give the clear edge to the Warriors in my opinion.

Assuming we sign Lebron, PG13 and trade Deng away with some expirings, here is what we could have going into the season:

F - Lebron/Randle/Frye
F - Ingram/Kuzma
G - PG13/Hart
G - Ball/Seth Curry

Yes
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Zubolo wrote:

Assuming we sign Lebron, PG13 and trade Deng away with some expirings, here is what we could have going into the season:

F - Lebron/Randle/Frye
F - Ingram/Kuzma
G - PG13/Hart
G - Ball/Seth Curry

I'd rather have Lopez. The dude is just uncoachable.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo’s, Brandon’s, and Dwight’s free throw shooting?

. That could be historically bad.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zubolo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Lonzo, Brandon, and Dwight’s free throw shooting?

. That could be historically bad.

Think about how great of a rebounding team we'd be though. I also expect Lonzo and Brandon to improve from the line.
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Wonder how much cash Brooklyn sent to Charlotte. How much are they allowed to send?

$16.86
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

4 teams in 4 years. Add another notch to the HoF resume...
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject:

Zubolo wrote:

Assuming we sign Lebron, PG13 and trade Deng away with some future picks, here is what we could have going into the season:

F - Lebron/Randle/Frye
F - Ingram/Kuzma
G - PG13/Hart
G - Ball/Seth Curry

I actually really really like that line-up... with lonzo running the point D-12 will get a ton of rim runs and follow ups on Lonzo misses...Give him a few more other touches in the post, he will be happy enough to play some awesome help defense and protect our rim...plus he can play screen post up with Lonzo....

If we get Randle for anything close to $10mil a year I dont mind resigning him and sticking him on the bench to be bully for the 2nd unit....

I think that this is a good strategy to beat the Warriors..... Bully the crap out of them and harass them on the perimeter force them towards your rim protector!!!
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Report: Hornets' locker room hated Dwight Howard

“It’s simply because of how he goes about his business day-to-day in that locker room,” Haywood added. “Now he’s not the guy going around slapping people in the face. But [he’s] hard to deal with, doesn’t accept responsibility, cries a lot, has bad tendencies, awful body language. So all these things contributed to why he was shipped out of Charlotte … People I talked to behind the scenes, guys were just sick and tired of his act.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/report-hornets-locker-room-hated-dwight-howard/ar-AAyVpex?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Dwight Howard opens up on his LAL Season: "I came here injured but I wanted to show Lakers fans..."

Nash Vegas wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgVqEHGqOj0

Dwight on being traded to the Lakers: "I came here injured, I wasn't supposed to play a whole season, I played with a torn labrum... but I waned to show Lakers fans I love the game. I came back in 4 months, I played with a torn labrum."

Dwight on any beef with Kobe: "No, not at all. We were just at 2 different points of our career... he was on his way out, and I wanted to be that guy for that team for this city. I told him, I didn't come to LA thinking about taking over... I wanted to learn from him, from Steve, from Pau... and I'm like I can take that and leave the next generation of Lakers player."

Dwight on any regrets: "Looking back, I should've came out and said my peace, but I'm thinking let me just go out here and play... when I play for the Lakers, when you look at the highlights, I had the most fun, I was on the court every night... so I was looking forward to coming here every night and being a part of the atmosphere."

Pure revisionism on his part. He did an absolute horrible job if he truly wanted to "learn from them". He would/could not accept his role.

The previous comment by DB about recalling how Steve Nash turned on Dwight mid-game. I remember Nash commenting about his time as a Laker, despite it being injury plagued, being a great experience.

However, after mentioning specific players he enjoyed playing with, he said "not really" about Dwight.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Zubolo wrote:

Think about how great of a rebounding team we'd be though.

They were #2 in the league in rebounding last season. Not an area that needs improvement.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Quote:
Report: Hornets' locker room hated Dwight Howard

“It’s simply because of how he goes about his business day-to-day in that locker room,” Haywood added. “Now he’s not the guy going around slapping people in the face. But [he’s] hard to deal with, doesn’t accept responsibility, cries a lot, has bad tendencies, awful body language. So all these things contributed to why he was shipped out of Charlotte … People I talked to behind the scenes, guys were just sick and tired of his act.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/report-hornets-locker-room-hated-dwight-howard/ar-AAyVpex?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

This adds to that
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article213515239.html
Quote:
I was speaking to a team source in midseason – this was months before the Howard trade – and he told me of the Hornets players’ frustration that Howard simply wouldn’t run the play that was called, sometimes in key last-minute situations.

Also, for a man with a superhero body, Howard’s screen-setting was often “terrible,” according to the source. Howard and former coach Steve Clifford – who was always seen as “The Howard Whisperer” – also did not have nearly as perfect a relationship as was advertised and had at least one notable confrontation. And I saw firsthand some of the eye-rolling that Howard’s teammates did when they spoke about him.

Doesn't seem like he is much different now than as a rookie in terms of his professional maturity.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Don't think he gets bought out.

Nets are terrible at rebounding and howard at least fills that need. Also, allen is still a year or so away from playin big minutes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: