How about Hedo Turkoglu in the same deal with Francis?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: How about Hedo Turkoglu in the same deal with Francis?

This guy is rock solid. Period. He's solid at everything but he's became quite a good scorer.

He's averaging 14.2 ppg in Orlando and that's better that any Laker not named Kobe.

If we deal for Francis, I'd really like to get this guy as well.

He's like a poor man's Odom but smarter and a better scorer.

Thoughts?
dadamookie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject:

Hedo would be real nice. What he lacks on defense, he makes up in offensive skill. I would assume the Magic keep him to team up with Howard and Darko.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject:

We are not interested in Steve Francis
And 1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject:

I'd rather see if I could pry the rights to Fran Vasquez from the Magic in any Odom/Francis deal.

Vasquez sounds as though he might have the tools to perform well in the Triangle offense.

And even if he's not in the Laker's plan, he might represent a nice, cheap "throw-in" to any off-season deal to acquire more size.
Bradyda-LeSueur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: How about Hedo Turkoglu in the same deal with Francis?

62 wrote:
This guy is rock solid. Period. He's solid at everything but he's became quite a good scorer.

He's averaging 14.2 ppg in Orlando and that's better that any Laker not named Kobe.

If we deal for Francis, I'd really like to get this guy as well.

He's like a poor man's Odom but smarter and a better scorer.

Thoughts?

That would be nice...they have any other F's that we could pick up with Francis to replace Odom with Luke and DG???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject:

Frankly IF this Francis thing were true - I would expect Turk in the deal to even it out - but I don't expect francis.
THE GOODS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject:

Forget trying to get Francis man...Lakers should be trying to work out a deal with Toronto to pry away Chris Bosh and some fillers man...
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject:

THE GOODS wrote:
Forget trying to get Francis man...Lakers should be trying to work out a deal with Toronto to pry away Chris Bosh and some fillers man...

Remind us again why Toronto would be willing to give away the cornerstone of their franchise, an All-Star with great potential who is having a career season. For argument's sake, let's say that they are in fact shopping him. Who does L.A. have to offer? Certainly not that perennial underachiever in your avatar. :roll:
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject:

Turkey has a bad contract.

Only would make sense if were comfortable with havaing a core of Stevie + Kobe + Hedu?

Last edited by KobeButler on Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:39 am; edited 2 times in total
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
We are not interested in Steve Francis
according to the orlando sentinal we are
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
Frankly IF this Francis thing were true - I would expect Turk in the deal to even it out - but I don't expect francis.

I don't expect it, but this is the Lakers. This isn't the Clippers, this isn't even the Kings, we are talking about the Los Angeles Lakers. The Buss family are sick of losing. I believe they will force Jackon's and Kupchak's hands, and make the Odom for Francis deal happen.

Odom=No Heart.

Francis=All Heart.
Boldarblood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:
emplay wrote:

Odom=No Cancer.

Francis=All Cancer.

adjusted for accuracy.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:
emplay wrote:

Odom=No Heart.

Francis=All Heart.

LO=No heart, NO Passion, NON AGGRESSIVE, LOUSY O game, Avg. at best defender. Frequently disappears. Lousy decision maker.

Steve=Agressive. Wont spectate when Kobe has ball. Good defender. better handles. Passion. Shows up. Plays like he cares
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject:

didnt Stevie get suspended cause he didnt want to go back in a game during the 4th? When did Stevie become a good defender? Thats news to me. Steve has also made alot of boneheaded plays in his career. Him and Odom are the same in terms of decision making.

Only advantage Stevie has is he can score a little bit more.
LAKERLVR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Didn't he completely choke in the 2004 playoffs against us?
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Why would we want Hedo? We have Cook who can do the same things he does at a cheaper rate.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject:

LAKERLVR wrote:

No. He hit some big shots. Say what you want about his attitude, but his clutchness can't really be questioned.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
didnt Stevie get suspended cause he didnt want to go back in a game during the 4th? When did Stevie become a good defender? Thats news to me. Steve has also made alot of boneheaded plays in his career. Him and Odom are the same in terms of decision making.

I think Stevie didn't go back in to a game they were being blown out. Hey, Kobe didn't go back in to the game against the Mavs, even though PJ asked him if he wanted to...

Anyway, I agree with you in that there really is no clear reason to trade LO for Steve Francis. Both bring something to the table, i.e. scoring (Francis) or rebounding (Odom).

However, if you look at it this way, Francis could initiate the offense probably a little better than Odom, he's a PG for god sakes. Francis can score more and is an equal, if not better assist man. Odom's rebounding can be made up by the team collectively, if that's what it took. Nobody can just start scoring more. The team just doesn't have the right players to score. Thus...make the trade.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Francis has some positive attributes but also has a lot of negatives to go with them. Does anybody really think Francis and Marbury could coexist? How more so can he Kobe exist then? Both demand the ball. Both put up relatively the same numbers. But both play the same way... with the rock in hand. I just don't see Kobe & Francis in the same backcourt.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
Francis has some positive attributes but also has a lot of negatives to go with them. Does anybody really think Francis and Marbury could coexist? How more so can he Kobe exist then? Both demand the ball. Both put up relatively the same numbers. But both play the same way... with the rock in hand. I just don't see Kobe & Francis in the same backcourt.

Same numbers?! Kobe scores about 14 more points that Francis and Steve gets about 3-4 more assists a game that Kobe. While I don't think they would be the best backcourt ever, they would certainly be a handful. Steve can pass the ball when he needs to. He played well with Yao and took them to the playoffs. He could play well with Kobe, without demanding the ball.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Sage_10 wrote:

Same numbers?! Kobe scores about 14 more points that Francis and Steve gets about 3-4 more assists a game that Kobe. While I don't think they would be the best backcourt ever, they would certainly be a handful. Steve can pass the ball when he needs to. He played well with Yao and took them to the playoffs. He could play well with Kobe, without demanding the ball.

This season that isn't the case but Kobe is lumped into that class of players that post 20+ 5 and 5. Francis is capable and has posted season numbers like that. As far as him and Yao, if he was playing that well with Yao he wouldn't have been traded. He could play well with Kobe but who couldn't. I reiterate, I can't see him and Kobe coexisting.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Turkoglu is as bad a defender as Luke Walton.

Completely a one way player.

No thank you.

If I want to pay 6-7 milion for a tall SF - I would sign James Posey this summer with the Full 5 year MLE.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Turkeyglue is anything but rock solid.

And neither is Francis.

I'm with COCO!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LAKERLVR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
LAKERLVR wrote:

No. He hit some big shots. Say what you want about his attitude, but his clutchness can't really be questioned.

WHAT??? HE has no clutchness.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
KobeButler wrote:

I think Stevie didn't go back in to a game they were being blown out. Hey, Kobe didn't go back in to the game against the Mavs, even though PJ asked him if he wanted to...

uhh theirs a big difference buddy. Lakers were winning by a large margin and Phil ASKED.

Magic's coach wanted Steve to come in and he didnt listen to his coach, in fact I belive he went back in the locker room. Then got suspended for it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: