If we strike out ENTIRELY this summer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
If you like our young core, then striking out wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I would love to see what Ingram, Kuz, Ball, Randle, & Hart can do. Just watch out for the DLO Truthers though. Regardless if Kuzma becomes a star our not, they will be out in force. And those who just hate Magic will be after him too. Acting like Mitch didn't trade for Mozgov... twice.

It would be helpful if you wouldn't project your own behavior onto others proactively...
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
I feel the opposite.
your name and your profile picture says it all. of course you would .

Just like Phil Jacks was not about playing the rookies, you're not about waiting around for them to grow up. I get it.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

I'm sorry but I think it would be a major disappointment. I want to keep the young guys and sign Bron and PG....If we can ditch Deng or stretch we can keep Randle too, so most if not all of the youth stays.

If we sign no one...and bring back IT and Brook, then I don't see us winning more than 42-45 games and missing the play-offs again. That just can't happen. So much expectation for this summer.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
levon wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
I feel the opposite.

You're desperate for a move this summer? Or not excited to watch the kids?

The former. Our FO has made a ton of moves to free up space/set us up for a big signing and if we strike out completely I will be very disappointed. Arguably some of those moves then become bad moves as well. We won't make the playoffs yet again and we won't be bad enough to get a really good pick. It'll be a lousy year. I'm excited to watch the kids again - so there is some of that for sure - but I'd much rather watch them alongside LBJ and PG.
Pretty much. I got a good feeling we're going to sign a few guys though.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:

If we strike out this year in free agency, then the Lakers need to finally acknowledge what Jim and Mitch acknowledged the year they were fired. That we aren't 'players in free agency' just because we're the Lakers and in Los Angeles anymore.

And they need to start finally treating the youngsters that bust their tails like they actually have faith in them leading our team to a Championship one day instead of acting like they're really just delaying until some max free agent comes and rescues us. And finally start building around the young core as our main options going forward.

Because if they strike out completely in free agency, and then go into next season like "we'll still be players for Kawhi and Klay next off-season" then they'll have learned nothing and we'll stay in this constant circle that winds back to the same place every off-season.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

I like our young players, I'll enjoy watching them develop. I don't really expect the fantasy of Lebron PG and Kawhi to happen anyway. PG at most.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
If you like our young core, then striking out wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I would love to see what Ingram, Kuz, Ball, Randle, & Hart can do. Just watch out for the DLO Truthers though. Regardless if Kuzma becomes a star our not, they will be out in force. And those who just hate Magic will be after him too. Acting like Mitch didn't trade for Mozgov... twice.

It would be helpful if you wouldn't project your own behavior onto others proactively...

Sorry. I felt I was making an honest assessment, but I know what you mean. I'll tone it down. 👍🏿
whoaskew
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject:

If we bring all the guys back, I don't see any reason they won't win at least 45 games.

Which still may not be enough to make the playoffs in the West, but would definitely be headed in the right direction.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
If we strike out this year in free agency, then the Lakers need to finally acknowledge what Jim and Mitch acknowledged the year they were fired. That we aren't 'players in free agency' just because we're the Lakers and in Los Angeles anymore.

And they need to start finally treating the youngsters that bust their tails like they actually have faith in them leading our team to a Championship one day instead of acting like they're really just delaying until some max free agent comes and rescues us. And finally start building around the young core as our main options going forward.

Because if they strike out completely in free agency, and then go into next season like "we'll still be players for Kawhi and Klay next off-season" then they'll have learned nothing and we'll stay in this constant circle that winds back to the same place every off-season.

Speaking the truth
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I'm also so pumped for Mo Wagner, no joke
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

They struck out of the draft .
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

I'm fine with waiting 2 more years till Bonga comes in and sets the league on fire.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

What is a dlo truther
USCnLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Starting to think we did strikeout this summer. Magic will eventually be gone. We drafted two Europeans this year who weren’t the best available and are G League at its finest. They can’t transition to the NBA properly in my opinion. Magic whiffed on Kawhi super hard. Now we don’t get Lebron nor PG.
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
They struck out of the draft .
USCnLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Back to no playoffs for a sixth year in a row magic. Can’t wait for more Lonzo Ball and Kuzma diss tracks this summer.
USCnLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
I like our young players, I'll enjoy watching them develop. I don't really expect the fantasy of Lebron PG and Kawhi to happen anyway. PG at most.

You going to buy the new diss track from Kuzma and Lonzo? Because that’s the only thing relevant right now. Lakers 6th season and no playoffs awesome job Magic
USCnLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Atleast we have stars on the Dodgers. I’ll watch them during the summer. What an embarrassing summer for magic. Two no bodies European from the lakers. Just wow.
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Worst case scenario was talked about on The Jump. We strike out on free agents and lose Jules.

July 1st- A team like the Mavs offered Jules the max and he signs it. We have 3 days to match but don't because we're too focused on Lebron/PG.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

Whats the second time Mitch traded for Mozzy?
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

It's possible. If so, we better hope Lonzo has been working on his shooting.. and Ingram is no longer made of glass. A healthy Lonzo/Ingram should get us the 8th seed? I think?
USCnLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:
Worst case scenario was talked about on The Jump. We strike out on free agents and lose Jules.

July 1st- A team like the Mavs offered Jules the max and he signs it. We have 3 days to match but don't because we're too focused on Lebron/PG.

You think Lebron and PG will sign here? We have kids diss tracking each other like it’s the 90s. Lebron doesn’t like kids in general for basketball. PG also has a max contract that can be signed. Magic messed up big time. He needs to go after the picks he selected. And also not acquiring Kawhi when he had the opportunity.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject:

USCnLakers wrote:
sogood. wrote:

You think Lebron and PG will sign here? We have kids diss tracking each other like it’s the 90s. Lebron doesn’t like kids in general for basketball. PG also has a max contract that can be signed. Magic messed up big time. He needs to go after the picks he selected. And also not acquiring Kawhi when he had the opportunity.

When did this opportunity present itself
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject:

If we don't sign anybody notable, we will be in for another bad season. Our young guys aren't particularly talented and certainly don't have what it takes to make any type of noise.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
bucketsandbags wrote:
I'm with you. I'd rather be Golden State on the way up than Miami super team assemble any day.

96-99 Lakers were super fun years.

Yeah, but those teams ended up with us keeping only 1 drafted star (Kobe) and trading out the rest while signing the biggest FA in the market. Ring a bell?

Yeah I’m not sure what that poster was talking about. Shaq wasn’t drafted as a Laker; he became a superstar in Orlando. Van Exel and Jones were shipped out in bad trades (that was definitely not fun). Horry, Fox, and Glen Rice started out somewhere else.

Kobe and Fisher were the two biggest names that played their first games as Lakers. Am I missing anyone?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11
Jump to: