Official Isaac Bonga Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 1790
Location: Zürich

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

Our boy is growing...

Serious now: I see a lot of potential in him and that alone justifies being drafted. He has the physical tools, the vision, some skills and some glimpses of a good BBIQ.

Point is: will Bonga be able to develop that potential? Maybe, we've seen a lot of high potential prospects become nothing in the League. At this point he can go anywhere from nothing to multiple All Stars. He's raw a.f., but the improvement from SL is remarkable and encouraging. I haven't been so intrigued by a prospect since Andrew Bynum.
_________________
We want Bonga!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 12438

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
So far he scores one point more than the previous game in every game he played in. This bodes well for the future!


The ceiling is the roof.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 12316
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
So far he scores one point more than the previous game in every game he played in. This bodes well for the future!


The ceiling is the roof.


Yeah, tops.
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RichD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Posts: 2176
Location: Sin City

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject:

He takes Lonzo spot next year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Jul 2018
Posts: 844

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Humour me, if Bonga started in Zo's stead, after 5, 10 games would his impact be less than what we get from Zo?
I only watch his highlights, nowhere I can catch the games. I've read he's decend on D, has a couple stretches of knucklehead plays as well but I'm really beginning to wonder.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 18595

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

RichD wrote:
He takes Lonzo spot next year




_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cal1piggy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 19 Jul 2017
Posts: 858

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

he did not look bad tonight. couple shots were not close though. nice assist. defense seemed fine. was he defending monk?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 35407

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Pretty good 6 minutes of action for Isaac B. tonight.
1-3 FG for 2 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist and 2 steals. Filling up that box score already
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RichD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2014
Posts: 2176
Location: Sin City

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

He's going to be a player in this league in 2 years. Next year he'll be 3rd gaurd maybe 4th. Year after?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 11874

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

He's starting to look more comfortable out there. His timing has come a long way. Youngest player in the league. Hopefully we have plenty more blowout wins to get him some game time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 9236

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakersoutsiders/status/1081279017683103744?s=21

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 103542

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Release the Bonga.
_________________
-LBJ and AD will have 1st team All NBA seasons
-Both will be top 5 MVP candidates
-Boogie will be a 6MOY and/or Most Improved candidate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2001
Posts: 17382

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Can he make FTs?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 35407

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
Can he make FTs?
80% in the G-League, 2-3 FTs NBA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 5148

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
Can he make FTs?
80% in the G-League, 2-3 FTs NBA


How many developmental summers did it take him to shoot that well?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 3366

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Release the Bonga.


Bonga is my spirit animal.
_________________
🥛 🍪
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1901

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Cowabonga!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 9938
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
Humour me, if Bonga started in Zo's stead, after 5, 10 games would his impact be less than what we get from Zo?
I only watch his highlights, nowhere I can catch the games. I've read he's decend on D, has a couple stretches of knucklehead plays as well but I'm really beginning to wonder.


Great points, I'm pretty sure in half the minutes Zo played the other night, Bonga could have scored more than 3 points!
_________________
What does Marcellus Wallace look like?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2017
Posts: 1073

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

https://youtu.be/Ru8i6rrG-Ss

Bonga interview, in German. Someone willing to translate?
_________________
22 44 13 25
52 33 32 42
34 8 24 16
MPLS MIC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 18 Oct 2012
Posts: 387

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
https://youtu.be/Ru8i6rrG-Ss

Bonga interview, in German. Someone willing to translate?


I'll try my very best

A short summary, maybe I'll post a long version later


He's very humble "To be honest, everything came pretty fast for me. That was a real surprise. I was just glad that I was drafted at all and even more that it was the Lakers."

On realatinship with Moe, he said that it helped him a lot far from family and without friends in a foreign land.

On first points in the NBA "That was a really good feeling, because you just see how everyone is happy for everyone, that's really a good team"


On acclimatisation to NBA
The biggest difference was the schedule. "When I played in Frankfurt, we had a game a week, at most two," recalls Bonga. "And it's just like having three or four games a week, it's really exhausting."

But he got used to the strain quite quickly, as well as to the external circumstances in the USA. It was not just Wagner who helped, but also the entire team with a warm welcome.

He said that after the his first games in SL with all those travels, Kuz texted him that it was a problem for him too as a rookie and that he was very nervous too. "To hear this from him, I did not even know him before, is really a cool thing."

On which teammates he wants to build his game
"It's Rondo, I try to work as much as possible with him to learn and improve my point guard skills"
In addition to video sessions with the Lakers playmaker, Bonga has also kept an eye on LeBron James: "I'm just trying to watch his game, we're playing the same position, he told me so, and then I just try to mimic a few things."

On the south Bay Lakers
He doesn't feel degraaded when playing in the G-League. He says that it's his job to be professional and he's waiting for opportunities to shine.

"I'm just trying to work hard, show what I can do on the court and bring in energy. That's actually what they care about the most "

I want to be one of the best players [in the NBA]. It's just the beginning for me.
_________________
White guy to white guy alley oop
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lounger
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2009
Posts: 4157

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject:

matigol wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
https://youtu.be/Ru8i6rrG-Ss

Bonga interview, in German. Someone willing to translate?


I'll try my very best

A short summary, maybe I'll post a long version later


He's very humble "To be honest, everything came pretty fast for me. That was a real surprise. I was just glad that I was drafted at all and even more that it was the Lakers."

On realatinship with Moe, he said that it helped him a lot far from family and without friends in a foreign land.

On first points in the NBA "That was a really good feeling, because you just see how everyone is happy for everyone, that's really a good team"


On acclimatisation to NBA
The biggest difference was the schedule. "When I played in Frankfurt, we had a game a week, at most two," recalls Bonga. "And it's just like having three or four games a week, it's really exhausting."

But he got used to the strain quite quickly, as well as to the external circumstances in the USA. It was not just Wagner who helped, but also the entire team with a warm welcome.

He said that after the his first games in SL with all those travels, Kuz texted him that it was a problem for him too as a rookie and that he was very nervous too. "To hear this from him, I did not even know him before, is really a cool thing."

On which teammates he wants to build his game
"It's Rondo, I try to work as much as possible with him to learn and improve my point guard skills"
In addition to video sessions with the Lakers playmaker, Bonga has also kept an eye on LeBron James: "I'm just trying to watch his game, we're playing the same position, he told me so, and then I just try to mimic a few things."

On the south Bay Lakers
He doesn't feel degraaded when playing in the G-League. He says that it's his job to be professional and he's waiting for opportunities to shine.

"I'm just trying to work hard, show what I can do on the court and bring in energy. That's actually what they care about the most "

I want to be one of the best players [in the NBA]. It's just the beginning for me.


Thanks! He's down to earth and I feel elated he's trying to learn from Rajon Rondo and studying Lebron's game...
_________________
We had better defense with Mike Brown. We had better offense with Mike D'Antoni. We had neither one with Byron Scott.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 18490
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject:

Matigol - thanks for the translation, very good read. Nice to know how well supported he feels by the rest of this Laker squad, particularly Kuzma texting him encouragement while he was adjusting to the SB Laker schedule.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 9236

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

Bonga: LeBrondo hybrid and future coach of the Lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2017
Posts: 1073

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

Thanks matigol, we appreciate it.

I absolutely love the Bongster more, the more i read and see of him. Hope he becomes a star for us
_________________
22 44 13 25
52 33 32 42
34 8 24 16
MPLS MIC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 18 Oct 2012
Posts: 387

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Thanks guys😇

He's a very very humble kid.

He was asked about trash talk but he said that he doesn't do a lot of trash talk. He's more of a stare down guy 😂
_________________
White guy to white guy alley oop
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 49 of 53
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB