Official Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 68, 69, 70  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 17390

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
lets overrate our players

so

1. Balance like Klay
2. Better Handler than Klay
3. As good of a a shooter as Klay
4. Decent Defence

man Svi should be a top 25 NBA player. Come on guys

I don't know if I endorse all or any of those statements, but way to piss on people's sveerios (Ukrainian cheerios)


im sorry, lol
I like Svi, but lets chill a bit. Ill trade Svi+ZUbac AND give GS $40 mill in cash if we could get the real Klay..lol

I don't know if I'd also include Zu, but I understand the Lakers are in win now mode with Lebron at 33
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2001
Posts: 3074

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
lets overrate our players

so

1. Balance like Klay
2. Better Handler than Klay
3. As good of a a shooter as Klay
4. Decent Defence

man Svi should be a top 25 NBA player. Come on guys

I don't know if I endorse all or any of those statements, but way to piss on people's sveerios (Ukrainian cheerios)

Where do you come up with these? A+++++.
_________________
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. --Mark Twain

Scientists say that the universe is full of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons.--Unknown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 25005

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
lets overrate our players

so

1. Balance like Klay
2. Better Handler than Klay
3. As good of a a shooter as Klay
4. Decent Defence

man Svi should be a top 25 NBA player. Come on guys


Besides the tendency for a lot of people to overrate their teams' players. Are your 4 statements taken out of context? I think the perspective is looking at Svi through the lens of him being a seasoned 21 year old.

Although Klay was pretty good as a 21 year old rookie as well.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

NetRtg over 30 mind:
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: +2.1
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.KCP.Tyson: +18.9
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: +15.0
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.BI.Tyson: +3.1
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.KCP.McGee: +1.8
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.BI.McGee: +0.2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 2281

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

LG always overrates our guys. I remember so many on here thinking Anthony Brown was gonna be an elite 3D player. He turned out to be pure garbage which was actually evident from the moment he stepped on the court.

Svi has some skills but he's nowhere near Klay. His ceiling imo in Marco Bellineli. Nice rotation 3D guy which is very good for a 2nd rounder.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 17390

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
LG always overrates our guys. I remember so many on here thinking Anthony Brown was gonna be an elite 3D player. He turned out to be pure garbage which was actually evident from the moment he stepped on the court.

Svi has some skills but he's nowhere near Klay. His ceiling imo in Marco Bellineli. Nice rotation 3D guy which is very good for a 2nd rounder.

I'd bet on Svi being a better, more versatile defender than Belinelli. That could be the difference between regular playoff minutes and a specialist who gets targeted on defense and played off the floor in a tight series.

We shall see.
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 17390

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
lets overrate our players

so

1. Balance like Klay
2. Better Handler than Klay
3. As good of a a shooter as Klay
4. Decent Defence

man Svi should be a top 25 NBA player. Come on guys

I don't know if I endorse all or any of those statements, but way to piss on people's sveerios (Ukrainian cheerios)

Where do you come up with these? A+++++.

LakerFilmRoom inspired me Cheers!
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 18037
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
lets overrate our players

so

1. Balance like Klay
2. Better Handler than Klay
3. As good of a a shooter as Klay
4. Decent Defence

man Svi should be a top 25 NBA player. Come on guys

I don't know if I endorse all or any of those statements, but way to piss on people's sveerios (Ukrainian cheerios)

Where do you come up with these? A+++++.

LakerFilmRoom inspired me Cheers!


And Sveers to you too!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 2281

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
LG always overrates our guys. I remember so many on here thinking Anthony Brown was gonna be an elite 3D player. He turned out to be pure garbage which was actually evident from the moment he stepped on the court.

Svi has some skills but he's nowhere near Klay. His ceiling imo in Marco Bellineli. Nice rotation 3D guy which is very good for a 2nd rounder.

I'd bet on Svi being a better, more versatile defender than Belinelli. That could be the difference between regular playoff minutes and a specialist who gets targeted on defense and played off the floor in a tight series.

We shall see.


I think his short wingspan will prevent him from being a good versatile defender. I think he’ll be an above avg perimeter defender against 2s and 3s though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 18037
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
I love what Svi has shown so far, but I feel like most NBA players can shoot a high percentage in an empty gym. Gilbert Arenas just challenged Nick Young to a shooting contest 2 weeks ago, showed up to a gym with $100k in cash, and drained 95 out of 100 attempts. NBA players are a different breed man.

LINK
true. nba players are special. and shaq could hit 3's in practice. like really hit them.

But, dont use gil as an example. the dude was a shooter/scorer from day one.

Svi hit them when we saw him playing in the SPL. and we saw he hit them in a variety of ways. off the dribble. on the move catch and shoot, stand still catch and shoot. thats a skill. and the real nba guys wont stop that from happening. as long as he doesnt get in his own head. he will knock down the same shots barring injury. the dude can really shoot the ball. its a real thing.


Exactly. One never knows until the season actually starts, but what Svi did in Summer League, with the variety of ways he scored and with the speed with which he was able to get his shot off, and the intelligence he showed in getting his shot, convinced me he's capable of scoring effectively in the NBA.

As deep as our roster is this year I think it has to be a spot role, but he even has his own teammates talking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 17390

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
LG always overrates our guys. I remember so many on here thinking Anthony Brown was gonna be an elite 3D player. He turned out to be pure garbage which was actually evident from the moment he stepped on the court.

Svi has some skills but he's nowhere near Klay. His ceiling imo in Marco Bellineli. Nice rotation 3D guy which is very good for a 2nd rounder.

I'd bet on Svi being a better, more versatile defender than Belinelli. That could be the difference between regular playoff minutes and a specialist who gets targeted on defense and played off the floor in a tight series.

We shall see.


I think his short wingspan will prevent him from being a good versatile defender. I think he’ll be an above avg perimeter defender against 2s and 3s though.

I can see that, but he's scrappy on the glass and at 6'8 with a frame that could fill out a bit, I wonder if he could survive switched onto bigs. But the wingspan is a drag even if it dropped him down to #47.
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 17390

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
lets overrate our players

so

1. Balance like Klay
2. Better Handler than Klay
3. As good of a a shooter as Klay
4. Decent Defence

man Svi should be a top 25 NBA player. Come on guys

I don't know if I endorse all or any of those statements, but way to piss on people's sveerios (Ukrainian cheerios)

Where do you come up with these? A+++++.

LakerFilmRoom inspired me Cheers!


And Sveers to you too!

Sveers indeed!
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 7389

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject:

I get that Svi needs to wait his turn behind all our vets, but we better not lose this guy. Incredible shooter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1QHtUn8bZ8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 3085

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
lets overrate our players

so

1. Balance like Klay
2. Better Handler than Klay
3. As good of a a shooter as Klay
4. Decent Defence

man Svi should be a top 25 NBA player. Come on guys

I don't know if I endorse all or any of those statements, but way to piss on people's sveerios (Ukrainian cheerios)

Where do you come up with these? A+++++.

LakerFilmRoom inspired me Cheers!


I think a more accurate comparison, especially factoring in their international backgrounds, and place and round they were picked in their respective drafts, I see him more as a right handed Manu Ginobili.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Aug 2001
Posts: 737

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

The Machine Jr.

Sasha was also a great shooter in practice but that skill didn't translate in games; hopefully Svi can shoot that well in games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Mar 2015
Posts: 1134

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
lets overrate our players

so

1. Balance like Klay
2. Better Handler than Klay
3. As good of a a shooter as Klay
4. Decent Defence

man Svi should be a top 25 NBA player. Come on guys

I don't know if I endorse all or any of those statements, but way to piss on people's sveerios (Ukrainian cheerios)

Where do you come up with these? A+++++.

LakerFilmRoom inspired me Cheers!


I think a more accurate comparison, especially factoring in their international backgrounds, and place and round they were picked in their respective drafts, I see him more as a right handed Manu Ginobili.


Future HOF Manu Ginobili....?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 25005

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
The Machine Jr.

Sasha was also a great shooter in practice but that skill didn't translate in games; hopefully Svi can shoot that well in games.


So basically, we want him not to be machine Jr.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

NetRtg over 30 mind:
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.Tyson: +2.1
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.KCP.Tyson: +18.9
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.Hart.McGee: +15.0
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.BI.Tyson: +3.1
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.KCP.McGee: +1.8
Zo.Kuz.LBJ.BI.McGee: +0.2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 3085

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
lets overrate our players

so

1. Balance like Klay
2. Better Handler than Klay
3. As good of a a shooter as Klay
4. Decent Defence

man Svi should be a top 25 NBA player. Come on guys

I don't know if I endorse all or any of those statements, but way to piss on people's sveerios (Ukrainian cheerios)

Where do you come up with these? A+++++.

LakerFilmRoom inspired me Cheers!


I think a more accurate comparison, especially factoring in their international backgrounds, and place and round they were picked in their respective drafts, I see him more as a right handed Manu Ginobili.


Future HOF Manu Ginobili....?


Was Manu Ginobili projected to be a HOF'er when he was drafted 57th?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Mar 2015
Posts: 1134

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
lets overrate our players

so

1. Balance like Klay
2. Better Handler than Klay
3. As good of a a shooter as Klay
4. Decent Defence

man Svi should be a top 25 NBA player. Come on guys

I don't know if I endorse all or any of those statements, but way to piss on people's sveerios (Ukrainian cheerios)

Where do you come up with these? A+++++.

LakerFilmRoom inspired me Cheers!


I think a more accurate comparison, especially factoring in their international backgrounds, and place and round they were picked in their respective drafts, I see him more as a right handed Manu Ginobili.


Future HOF Manu Ginobili....?


Was Manu Ginobili projected to be a HOF'er when he was drafted 57th?


There's absolutely no similarities in their game.

Just because a guy is an international prospect and picked around the same place in the draft doesn't mean we have a future HOF player in our hands...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 3085

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
lets overrate our players

so

1. Balance like Klay
2. Better Handler than Klay
3. As good of a a shooter as Klay
4. Decent Defence

man Svi should be a top 25 NBA player. Come on guys

I don't know if I endorse all or any of those statements, but way to piss on people's sveerios (Ukrainian cheerios)

Where do you come up with these? A+++++.

LakerFilmRoom inspired me Cheers!


I think a more accurate comparison, especially factoring in their international backgrounds, and place and round they were picked in their respective drafts, I see him more as a right handed Manu Ginobili.


Future HOF Manu Ginobili....?


Was Manu Ginobili projected to be a HOF'er when he was drafted 57th?


There's absolutely no similarities in their game.

Just because a guy is an international prospect and picked around the same place in the draft doesn't mean we have a future HOF player in our hands...


He reminded me of a right handed Ginobili. Never mentioned HOF level talent. So please stop continuing the wrong line of thinking.

Their ability to handle the ball. Their ability to shoot. Svi's defense is underrated. MG was gooooodddddd defensely. So your "absolutely" is relative. Argue with someone else. I'm glad we got him. That's all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AY2043
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 9827

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
lets overrate our players

so

1. Balance like Klay
2. Better Handler than Klay
3. As good of a a shooter as Klay
4. Decent Defence

man Svi should be a top 25 NBA player. Come on guys

I don't know if I endorse all or any of those statements, but way to piss on people's sveerios (Ukrainian cheerios)

Where do you come up with these? A+++++.

LakerFilmRoom inspired me Cheers!


I think a more accurate comparison, especially factoring in their international backgrounds, and place and round they were picked in their respective drafts, I see him more as a right handed Manu Ginobili.


Future HOF Manu Ginobili....?


Was Manu Ginobili projected to be a HOF'er when he was drafted 57th?


There's absolutely no similarities in their game.

Just because a guy is an international prospect and picked around the same place in the draft doesn't mean we have a future HOF player in our hands...


He reminded me of a right handed Ginobili. Never mentioned HOF level talent. So please stop continuing the wrong line of thinking.

Their ability to handle the ball. Their ability to shoot. Svi's defense is underrated. MG was gooooodddddd defensely. So your "absolutely" is relative. Argue with someone else. I'm glad we got him. That's all.

He has no where near the level of craft Manu had
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Oct 2017
Posts: 2326

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

Mykhailiuk has shades of Bob Sura, Danny Ainge, Rolondo Blackman, Peja Stojakovic, Mike Miller, and Reggie Theus in his game.

His best modern comparison is CJ Miles.
_________________
The keys to a happy life ... have H.O.G (Humility, Obedience, and Gratitude)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 33049

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Svi Earning (Umprompted) Praise in Camp

Quote:
“Svi has been good … he’s had limited opportunities coming with the guys we have, but in the opportunities he’s had he’s looked good.” Coach Walton


https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/180929-svi-earning-unprompted-praise?ls=related_stories
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1548

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Mykhailiuk has shades of Bob Sura, Danny Ainge, Rolondo Blackman, Peja Stojakovic, Mike Miller, and Reggie Theus in his game.

His best modern comparison is CJ Miles.



...and Klay Thompson w/ better ball handling skills.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 7513
Location: Left coast

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Five things stood out about summer league Svi to me:

Good shooting
Good offensive rebounding
Good defense
Inefficient finishing at the rim when he's not dunking.
Dunks strong, despite short measurements.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Peppe89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Jun 2018
Posts: 132
Location: Ukraine

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Svi "AK-47" Mykhailiuk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 54 of 70
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB