Official Sviatoslav "Wasabi" Mykhailiuk Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 1508

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
Svi's a typical Rookie and should be playing for the South Bay Lakers to get more playing time...

He looks scared for some reason almost like he's overwelmed. He has the ability it just looks like everything is too fast for him at the NBA level.


He just need to let it fly. There was a shot that he passed trying to make plays. I believed he need to be Reddick first before unleashing some of his inner Bob Sura skills .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 16922

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Nice that he brings other skills to the table even without the shot falling.
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 7438
Location: SGV

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

I'll take Svi over KCP right now
_________________
The King is Here 👑

Season Predictions:

Regular Season Record: 55-27
MVP: Lebron James
MIP: Brandon Ingram
6MOTY: Kyle Kuzma

2019 NBA Champions - Greatest Playoff Run of All Time

"Lakers didn't grab me"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RusselDoeee01
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 Apr 2014
Posts: 742

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

He needs time in the D league. Dude is afraid to shoot or do anything and then gets bullied on D. If he isn’t going to be a sniper then there is no reason for him to be on the court
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 28454

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Some nice drives today. I’ll take it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 19807

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Much better game tonight. Made a couple of nice drives and showed off more of his playmaking abilities.

His confidence is growing. I already like his control more than KCP.
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Jul 2018
Posts: 246

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Svi is building, he's gonna be just fine.

I think he should stay with the team, get fuller feel for nba level close outs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
panamaniac
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 8204
Location: PTY

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Nice that he brings other skills to the table even without the shot falling.


Yea, decent playmaking and finishing. Def not a liability when he puts the ball on the floor. Once he knocks down a few threes he will hopefully gain more confidence.
_________________
Formerly known as The Grind
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 2588

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Nice that he brings other skills to the table even without the shot falling.


The other skills are nice....but man where the hell is the shot.

He needs to lock it in.

I actually think he needs to go to the G league once it starts and actually get a few games with big minutes under his belt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Posts: 3424

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:

I actually think he needs to go to the G league once it starts and actually get a few games with big minutes under his belt.


He will.
Once BI and Rondo are back Svi is going to be on the far end of the bench. Lance has cracked into rotation so strong that Svi will soon see only garbage time.
Which is kind of sad given how well he is progressed.
_________________
.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 19807

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

Shaber wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

I actually think he needs to go to the G league once it starts and actually get a few games with big minutes under his belt.


He will.
Once BI and Rondo are back Svi is going to be on the far end of the bench. Lance has cracked into rotation so strong that Svi will soon see only garbage time.
Which is kind of sad given how well he is progressed.


Not totally true.

With how incredibly crappy KCP has been, Svi can see some of those minutes when the situation calls for it. If KCP can’t pull it together, we will eventually see KCP ride the bench and Svi taking over that spot from him.
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 22295

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

Totally surprised that Svi can dish the way he has been. Great to see. Shows great energy out there on the court even if his shooting reminds me of Anthony Brown.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Dec 2003
Posts: 1032

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
With how incredibly crappy KCP has been, Svi can see some of those minutes when the situation calls for it. If KCP can’t pull it together, we will eventually see KCP ride the bench and Svi taking over that spot from him.


I've been very surprised with Svi passing abilities, if he starts hitting the 3 like we know he can, you may be right...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2003
Posts: 16528

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Totally surprised that Svi can dish the way he has been. Great to see. Shows great energy out there on the court even if his shooting reminds me of Anthony Brown.


That's FIBA Svi as Mike likes to say. Svi played PG for his national team but was turned into a spot-up shooter in college. The kids definitely has playmaking ability, which will be unlocked even further once his shot comes around.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LongBeachPoly
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2012
Posts: 2906

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Shaber wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

I actually think he needs to go to the G league once it starts and actually get a few games with big minutes under his belt.


He will.
Once BI and Rondo are back Svi is going to be on the far end of the bench. Lance has cracked into rotation so strong that Svi will soon see only garbage time.
Which is kind of sad given how well he is progressed.


Not totally true.

With how incredibly crappy KCP has been, Svi can see some of those minutes when the situation calls for it. If KCP can’t pull it together, we will eventually see KCP ride the bench and Svi taking over that spot from him.


Can you give an example of a situation that would call for it?

You can see KCP being treated like Mosgov/Deng huh?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 19807

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Totally surprised that Svi can dish the way he has been. Great to see. Shows great energy out there on the court even if his shooting reminds me of Anthony Brown.


He’s clearly nervous though which is why his shooting doesn’t show yet. We all saw what he really is in Summer League and his last preseason game when he is confident. Anthony Brown never once showed up.

The fact that Svi has already shown solid playmaking abilities and good fundamentals, while also not being a terrible defender either, goes a long way.

I hope they continue to use him going forward despite how difficult that may be. Once he gets confident, he’s going to be a huge asset.
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jmnluvr
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2001
Posts: 1506

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

He's doing great. Sheesh, he's hardly the weak link out there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 19807

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Shaber wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

I actually think he needs to go to the G league once it starts and actually get a few games with big minutes under his belt.


He will.
Once BI and Rondo are back Svi is going to be on the far end of the bench. Lance has cracked into rotation so strong that Svi will soon see only garbage time.
Which is kind of sad given how well he is progressed.


Not totally true.

With how incredibly crappy KCP has been, Svi can see some of those minutes when the situation calls for it. If KCP can’t pull it together, we will eventually see KCP ride the bench and Svi taking over that spot from him.


Can you give an example of a situation that would call for it?

You can see KCP being treated like Mosgov/Deng huh?


Situations as in KCP playing like (bleep) like he has been since preseason? That would be one situation yes lol.

Considering this FO has shown that just because you’re paid a lot, doesn’t mean you will play a lot if your production is total bunkers. So yeah he could easily go the Deng route with how he’s performing.

I see Svi as the future de facto role player here that will take over when KCP is gone after this year. So he should be groomed as such.
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 16922

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Totally surprised that Svi can dish the way he has been. Great to see. Shows great energy out there on the court even if his shooting reminds me of Anthony Brown.


That's FIBA Svi as Mike likes to say. Svi played PG for his national team but was turned into a spot-up shooter in college. The kids definitely has playmaking ability, which will be unlocked even further once his shot comes around.

He ran a damn PnR! Kyle Korver never did none of that in the league.
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 6594

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

The man was the best shooter in all of college basketball (44.4% from 3) playing against the #2 most difficult strength of schedule last season at Kansas.

Our worries weren't whether he could shoot, but whether he can be comfortable in other aspects of his game.

He's shown that he can make some nice passes, drive to the rim, and stay in front of his man on defense.

If they ran some plays for him and let him shoot all the time he would become the best shooter on the team. The team is high on him and Luke is giving him minutes because he probably doesn't miss in practice.

It will be hard to find him minutes unless we are blowing out teams every night, but we must try to unlock his shooting before the playoffs.

He can be a great weapon for us, and it's not a matter of if, but when.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2003
Posts: 16528

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Totally surprised that Svi can dish the way he has been. Great to see. Shows great energy out there on the court even if his shooting reminds me of Anthony Brown.


That's FIBA Svi as Mike likes to say. Svi played PG for his national team but was turned into a spot-up shooter in college. The kids definitely has playmaking ability, which will be unlocked even further once his shot comes around.

He ran a damn PnR! Kyle Korver never did none of that in the league.


Yup. I don't think you want Svi being the primary initiator, but once his shot comes around, he's going to have plenty of playmaking opportunities when he attacks closeouts. Don't forget that he's very capable in terms of getting to the rim and finishing as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 22295

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Totally surprised that Svi can dish the way he has been. Great to see. Shows great energy out there on the court even if his shooting reminds me of Anthony Brown.


That's FIBA Svi as Mike likes to say. Svi played PG for his national team but was turned into a spot-up shooter in college. The kids definitely has playmaking ability, which will be unlocked even further once his shot comes around.


Yeah, and also vice versa. If he's a threat off the dribble, the defender will have to respect that, and that should give him some extra space to get his shot off.

Exciting stuff. Hope he continues to get PT over KCP to develop further and build his confidence. His shot has sucked, but I'm not worried yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 16922

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
RCS926 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Totally surprised that Svi can dish the way he has been. Great to see. Shows great energy out there on the court even if his shooting reminds me of Anthony Brown.


That's FIBA Svi as Mike likes to say. Svi played PG for his national team but was turned into a spot-up shooter in college. The kids definitely has playmaking ability, which will be unlocked even further once his shot comes around.

He ran a damn PnR! Kyle Korver never did none of that in the league.


Yup. I don't think you want Svi being the primary initiator, but once his shot comes around, he's going to have plenty of playmaking opportunities when he attacks closeouts. Don't forget that he's very capable in terms of getting to the rim and finishing as well.

I agree with all of this, but I'm re-watching clips of Svi snake the PnR for a layup and a lob to McGee last night, and it makes me dream...
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 2994
Location: Low Post Rate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

I've been pleasantly surprised with Svi. But I think others have been right in saying that if everyone is back and healthy... Svi's playing time will be very limited. And even though he seems to be contributing more than KCP... there is the business side of things. KCP is getting paid. Svi is not and needs more playing time to keep developing. Even though at present, I prefer Svi over KCP, I'd still send him to South Bay just to keep his activity and growth moving in the right direction. Then, when KCP needs to come off the books next year, bring Svi back full time.
_________________
"We got a new universe coming and he's going to control all our universes. We're going to put our universes together" - Metta World Peace
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 6594

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

I like Kuzma, but it's amazing how we will let him jack up 25 shots, knowing the best he will ever shoot is probably 36% from 3. Yet we can barely find 3 shots for Svi, knowing he will probably eventually shoot 40% plus.

It's like how OKC keeps feeding Westbrook even though PG is the superior shooter.

The math just doesn't make sense to me. (And yes, I know that Kuzma has a nice repertoire of moves and makes great runs to the hoop)
I'm talking about spot up threes.

When we are ahead or have a comfortable lead... we should just feed Svi, and Lonzo until their 3 point shooting is fully unlocked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 60 of 62
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB