Official Sviatoslav "Wasabi" Mykhailiuk Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 60, 61, 62  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 19807

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I like Kuzma, but it's amazing how we will let him jack up 25 shots, knowing the best he will ever shoot is probably 36% from 3. Yet we can barely find 3 shots for Svi, knowing he will probably eventually shoot 40% plus.

It's like how OKC keeps feeding Westbrook even though PG is the superior shooter.

The math just doesn't make sense to me. (And yes, I know that Kuzma has a nice repertoire of moves and makes great runs to the hoop)
I'm talking about spot up threes.

When we are ahead or have a comfortable lead... we should just feed Svi, and Lonzo until their 3 point shooting is fully unlocked.


What a strange and bizarre comparison. Last time Kuzma shot 25 shots, he went 15-25 FGs and had 37 points.

Kuzma can shoot that many shots because he’s good at making them. What a strange and totally off comparison with Svi.
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
av3773
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2011
Posts: 2994

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

Love that we are getting Svi minutes, even though his shot has been money like in summer league he is showing he can be a pretty well rounded player.....no issues with Svi getting bench minutes really in favor of it actually.

Even with the inconsistency his play thus far has already seemed to raise the question of whether KCP was a needed signing....really I'd be fine at seeing Hart/Svi tandem at guard, especially this year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 6593

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
I like Kuzma, but it's amazing how we will let him jack up 25 shots, knowing the best he will ever shoot is probably 36% from 3. Yet we can barely find 3 shots for Svi, knowing he will probably eventually shoot 40% plus.

It's like how OKC keeps feeding Westbrook even though PG is the superior shooter.

The math just doesn't make sense to me. (And yes, I know that Kuzma has a nice repertoire of moves and makes great runs to the hoop)
I'm talking about spot up threes.

When we are ahead or have a comfortable lead... we should just feed Svi, and Lonzo until their 3 point shooting is fully unlocked.


What a strange and bizarre comparison. Last time Kuzma shot 25 shots, he went 15-25 FGs and had 37 points.

Kuzma can shoot that many shots because he’s good at making them. What a strange and totally off comparison with Svi.


My point is that Kuzma is allowed to miss enormous amounts of shots even though he may never exceed 36% from 3.

Svi because he is a nervous rookie is given a handful of shots even though he will most likely shoot 40%.

Kuzma deserves his playing time right now because of his beautiful runs and dives to the basket... but his distance shooting is lackluster.

I just wish we'd make a conscious effort to feed those more who have a better chance of becoming 40% 3 point shooters... which for me are Hart, Svi and maybe Lonzo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Feb 2015
Posts: 19807

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
My point is that Kuzma is allowed to miss enormous amounts of shots even though he may never exceed 36% from 3.

Svi because he is a nervous rookie is given a handful of shots even though he will most likely shoot 40%.


These are opinions, not facts. And neither is more likely than the other.

Trying to compare two different players with much different roles is bogus.
_________________
This Signature is now sponsored by Big Baller Brand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 22295

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
I like Kuzma, but it's amazing how we will let him jack up 25 shots, knowing the best he will ever shoot is probably 36% from 3. Yet we can barely find 3 shots for Svi, knowing he will probably eventually shoot 40% plus.

It's like how OKC keeps feeding Westbrook even though PG is the superior shooter.

The math just doesn't make sense to me. (And yes, I know that Kuzma has a nice repertoire of moves and makes great runs to the hoop)
I'm talking about spot up threes.

When we are ahead or have a comfortable lead... we should just feed Svi, and Lonzo until their 3 point shooting is fully unlocked.


What a strange and bizarre comparison. Last time Kuzma shot 25 shots, he went 15-25 FGs and had 37 points.

Kuzma can shoot that many shots because he’s good at making them. What a strange and totally off comparison with Svi.


My point is that Kuzma is allowed to miss enormous amounts of shots even though he may never exceed 36% from 3.

Svi because he is a nervous rookie is given a handful of shots even though he will most likely shoot 40%.

Kuzma deserves his playing time right now because of his beautiful runs and dives to the basket... but his distance shooting is lackluster.

I just wish we'd make a conscious effort to feed those more who have a better chance of becoming 40% 3 point shooters... which for me are Hart, Svi and maybe Lonzo.


Your point doesn't make any sense to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 15243
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

Mo where u at my guy?!?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 5320

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
I like Kuzma, but it's amazing how we will let him jack up 25 shots, knowing the best he will ever shoot is probably 36% from 3. Yet we can barely find 3 shots for Svi, knowing he will probably eventually shoot 40% plus.

It's like how OKC keeps feeding Westbrook even though PG is the superior shooter.

The math just doesn't make sense to me. (And yes, I know that Kuzma has a nice repertoire of moves and makes great runs to the hoop)
I'm talking about spot up threes.

When we are ahead or have a comfortable lead... we should just feed Svi, and Lonzo until their 3 point shooting is fully unlocked.


What a strange and bizarre comparison. Last time Kuzma shot 25 shots, he went 15-25 FGs and had 37 points.

Kuzma can shoot that many shots because he’s good at making them. What a strange and totally off comparison with Svi.


My point is that Kuzma is allowed to miss enormous amounts of shots even though he may never exceed 36% from 3.

Svi because he is a nervous rookie is given a handful of shots even though he will most likely shoot 40%.

Kuzma deserves his playing time right now because of his beautiful runs and dives to the basket... but his distance shooting is lackluster.

I just wish we'd make a conscious effort to feed those more who have a better chance of becoming 40% 3 point shooters... which for me are Hart, Svi and maybe Lonzo.


Your point doesn't make any sense to me.


It’s the typical overobsession with 3 point shooting. Being an average willing shooter is al you need as the Lakers offense has been showing. Dunks and layups have always been and will always be the best shots in ball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 6593

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
My point is that Kuzma is allowed to miss enormous amounts of shots even though he may never exceed 36% from 3.

Svi because he is a nervous rookie is given a handful of shots even though he will most likely shoot 40%.


These are opinions, not facts. And neither is more likely than the other.

Trying to compare two different players with much different roles is bogus.


Kuzma shot 30% from 3 in college... he shot 36.6% last year... off to slow start this year... but I can see him getting close to 36 or 37% again

Svi shot 41% from 3 in college and 44.4% last season. This is Ray Allen, Steph Curry level efficiency.

Kuzma is a far more developed player and I love him on our team, but we need three point shooting and I'm saying that we let Kuzma shoot from three because he has the balls to take them, not necessarily because he will get the best results.

We need to give Svi, Hart, and Lonzo more shots from three, because I think they will ultimately produce at a higher percentage from three.

But yes, this is only opinion and maybe Kuzma makes another quantum leap like he did from college to the pros. But history projects that it's more likely to be one of the others who becomes the 40% shooter. If Kyle goes to that next level from 3... he becomes a superstar, at least on the offensive end.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 5320

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
My point is that Kuzma is allowed to miss enormous amounts of shots even though he may never exceed 36% from 3.

Svi because he is a nervous rookie is given a handful of shots even though he will most likely shoot 40%.


These are opinions, not facts. And neither is more likely than the other.

Trying to compare two different players with much different roles is bogus.


Kuzma shot 30% from 3 in college... he shot 36.6% last year... off to slow start this year... but I can see him getting close to 36 or 37% again

Svi shot 41% from 3 in college and 44.4% last season. This is Ray Allen, Steph Curry level efficiency.

Kuzma is a far more developed player and I love him on our team, but we need three point shooting and I'm saying that we let Kuzma shoot from three because he has the balls to take them, not necessarily because he will get the best results.

We need to give Svi, Hart, and Lonzo more shots from three, because I think they will ultimately produce at a higher percentage from three.

But yes, this is only opinion and maybe Kuzma makes another quantum leap like he did from college to the pros. But history projects that it's more likely to be one of the others who becomes the 40% shooter. If Kyle goes to that next level from 3... he becomes a superstar, at least on the offensive end.


No we don’t. Our offense is already elite 5 games in without it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 6593

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
My point is that Kuzma is allowed to miss enormous amounts of shots even though he may never exceed 36% from 3.

Svi because he is a nervous rookie is given a handful of shots even though he will most likely shoot 40%.


These are opinions, not facts. And neither is more likely than the other.

Trying to compare two different players with much different roles is bogus.


Kuzma shot 30% from 3 in college... he shot 36.6% last year... off to slow start this year... but I can see him getting close to 36 or 37% again

Svi shot 41% from 3 in college and 44.4% last season. This is Ray Allen, Steph Curry level efficiency.

Kuzma is a far more developed player and I love him on our team, but we need three point shooting and I'm saying that we let Kuzma shoot from three because he has the balls to take them, not necessarily because he will get the best results.

We need to give Svi, Hart, and Lonzo more shots from three, because I think they will ultimately produce at a higher percentage from three.

But yes, this is only opinion and maybe Kuzma makes another quantum leap like he did from college to the pros. But history projects that it's more likely to be one of the others who becomes the 40% shooter. If Kyle goes to that next level from 3... he becomes a superstar, at least on the offensive end.


No we don’t. Our offense is already elite 5 games in without it.


So you think we are better than GSW with a healthy Boogie?

Or Utah, or the Pelicans? Or Denver when they get Barton, MPJ, and IT back?

We have enormous potential... but we should have signed Dwight and we need a little more 3 point shooting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Dec 2003
Posts: 1032

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
We have enormous potential... but we should have signed Dwight and we need a little more 3 point shooting.


What ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 6593

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

durden-tyler wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
We have enormous potential... but we should have signed Dwight and we need a little more 3 point shooting.


What ?


Yes, I'm aware about how annoying Dwight is... but he produced 20 points and 15 rebounds last year.

A Dwight/McGee pairing would be able to neutralize most center production in the league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
youcantguardme
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Posts: 948

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Nice that he brings other skills to the table even without the shot falling.


This really is an important and accurate point. The kid was deep second round, is a rookie and is not an athletic freak. With those factors in mind, Svi has been outstanding so far. His playmaking and defense is far above average for a rookie, let alone a second rounder. His effort and aggressiveness is also impressive.

I'm not saying that when BI and Rondo get back that Svi should still get 20 minutes a game or even play every game, but I do think that he has a future in the League, and hopefully for the Lakers, if he continues his play.

I've pointed this out in other threads, but I am also a big Kansas BB fan. While much of the self improvement is up to the players, Bill Self deserves a lot of credit for actually teaching basketball skills. The improvement of Svi since he arrived at college having just turned 17 is mind blowing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 24568

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
My point is that Kuzma is allowed to miss enormous amounts of shots even though he may never exceed 36% from 3.

Svi because he is a nervous rookie is given a handful of shots even though he will most likely shoot 40%.


These are opinions, not facts. And neither is more likely than the other.

Trying to compare two different players with much different roles is bogus.


Kuzma shot 30% from 3 in college... he shot 36.6% last year... off to slow start this year... but I can see him getting close to 36 or 37% again

Svi shot 41% from 3 in college and 44.4% last season. This is Ray Allen, Steph Curry level efficiency.

Kuzma is a far more developed player and I love him on our team, but we need three point shooting and I'm saying that we let Kuzma shoot from three because he has the balls to take them, not necessarily because he will get the best results.

We need to give Svi, Hart, and Lonzo more shots from three, because I think they will ultimately produce at a higher percentage from three.

But yes, this is only opinion and maybe Kuzma makes another quantum leap like he did from college to the pros. But history projects that it's more likely to be one of the others who becomes the 40% shooter. If Kyle goes to that next level from 3... he becomes a superstar, at least on the offensive end.


Kuzma is given greater rope because he also has the ability to PUT UP shots. For Svi to get more shots, the offense has to find him clean looks and if your one single iota of an M.O. is to shoot, those clean looks aren't as easy as "just let him shoot". And I DO agree Svi could stand to get a few drawn out plays a game and more playing time in general.
_________________
Never wanted him anyways! Bron/Kawhi 2019!!! Choo Choo!


Last edited by jonnybravo on Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 5320

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
My point is that Kuzma is allowed to miss enormous amounts of shots even though he may never exceed 36% from 3.

Svi because he is a nervous rookie is given a handful of shots even though he will most likely shoot 40%.


These are opinions, not facts. And neither is more likely than the other.

Trying to compare two different players with much different roles is bogus.


Kuzma shot 30% from 3 in college... he shot 36.6% last year... off to slow start this year... but I can see him getting close to 36 or 37% again

Svi shot 41% from 3 in college and 44.4% last season. This is Ray Allen, Steph Curry level efficiency.

Kuzma is a far more developed player and I love him on our team, but we need three point shooting and I'm saying that we let Kuzma shoot from three because he has the balls to take them, not necessarily because he will get the best results.

We need to give Svi, Hart, and Lonzo more shots from three, because I think they will ultimately produce at a higher percentage from three.

But yes, this is only opinion and maybe Kuzma makes another quantum leap like he did from college to the pros. But history projects that it's more likely to be one of the others who becomes the 40% shooter. If Kyle goes to that next level from 3... he becomes a superstar, at least on the offensive end.


No we don’t. Our offense is already elite 5 games in without it.


So you think we are better than GSW with a healthy Boogie?

Or Utah, or the Pelicans? Or Denver when they get Barton, MPJ, and IT back?

We have enormous potential... but we should have signed Dwight and we need a little more 3 point shooting.


Yes I think we’re better than NO and we are MUCH better than Denver. MPJ won’t be a big factor this year, IT doesn’t contribute to wins. They get Barton, we get Ingram and Rondo, no comparison. Utah is tough to tell. What I can tell you is, Howard would be a negative not a positive.

There were no available options to surpass GSW this year besides trading Ingram for Kawhi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 6593

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
My point is that Kuzma is allowed to miss enormous amounts of shots even though he may never exceed 36% from 3.

Svi because he is a nervous rookie is given a handful of shots even though he will most likely shoot 40%.


These are opinions, not facts. And neither is more likely than the other.

Trying to compare two different players with much different roles is bogus.


Kuzma shot 30% from 3 in college... he shot 36.6% last year... off to slow start this year... but I can see him getting close to 36 or 37% again

Svi shot 41% from 3 in college and 44.4% last season. This is Ray Allen, Steph Curry level efficiency.

Kuzma is a far more developed player and I love him on our team, but we need three point shooting and I'm saying that we let Kuzma shoot from three because he has the balls to take them, not necessarily because he will get the best results.

We need to give Svi, Hart, and Lonzo more shots from three, because I think they will ultimately produce at a higher percentage from three.

But yes, this is only opinion and maybe Kuzma makes another quantum leap like he did from college to the pros. But history projects that it's more likely to be one of the others who becomes the 40% shooter. If Kyle goes to that next level from 3... he becomes a superstar, at least on the offensive end.


What a preposterous comparison. Kuzma is given greater rope because he also has the ability to PUT UP shots. For Svi to get more shots, the offense has to find him clean looks and if your one single iota of an M.O. is to shoot, those clean looks aren't as easy as "just let him shoot". And I DO agree Svi could stand to get a few drawn out plays a game and more playing time in general.


It's not preposterous... Teammates look for Kuzma, and perhaps rightfully so as he projects an alpha confidence that brings security to the team.

When he's cutting to the rim, putting up his little hooks and floaters, he's terrific... when he's launching from three it's pretty mediocre so far.

No one's saying to give Svi Kuzma's minutes... I'm saying they need to either design a few plays or look for him more. Svi plays with Lance a lot, which also doesn't help things because Lance doesn't look for him much.

Kuzma earns a lot of his shots with his movement... but he also gets a lot of passes at the 3 point line that could easily be directed towards others.

The good thing about LBJ unlike Kobe, Kuzma or Westbrook... is when his shot isn't falling, he doesn't keep chucking until he hits... he starts driving to the rim or finding other guys. Kuzma is getting better about this but sometimes he still goes into Kobe mode.

What I liked about Svi is that when his shot didn't fall, instead of giving up... he started driving and kicking out to make up for it. But he needs to shoot from range because mathematically he is the most likely to be successful.

Once they establish him as a threat... then I won't worry about him so much. I think Svi has already proven that he won't force up too many bad shots from range. In fact, I think most of his turnovers are from players jumping his passing lanes, knowing he was less likely to shoot with stars on the court.

One last thing, even though he's only made one three... he forces defenders to cover him. Notice that they don't leave him alone, because teams are already aware that he must be covered from his college reputation. This gravity is good for freeing up other players on the court.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 6593

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
My point is that Kuzma is allowed to miss enormous amounts of shots even though he may never exceed 36% from 3.

Svi because he is a nervous rookie is given a handful of shots even though he will most likely shoot 40%.


These are opinions, not facts. And neither is more likely than the other.

Trying to compare two different players with much different roles is bogus.


Kuzma shot 30% from 3 in college... he shot 36.6% last year... off to slow start this year... but I can see him getting close to 36 or 37% again

Svi shot 41% from 3 in college and 44.4% last season. This is Ray Allen, Steph Curry level efficiency.

Kuzma is a far more developed player and I love him on our team, but we need three point shooting and I'm saying that we let Kuzma shoot from three because he has the balls to take them, not necessarily because he will get the best results.

We need to give Svi, Hart, and Lonzo more shots from three, because I think they will ultimately produce at a higher percentage from three.

But yes, this is only opinion and maybe Kuzma makes another quantum leap like he did from college to the pros. But history projects that it's more likely to be one of the others who becomes the 40% shooter. If Kyle goes to that next level from 3... he becomes a superstar, at least on the offensive end.


No we don’t. Our offense is already elite 5 games in without it.


So you think we are better than GSW with a healthy Boogie?

Or Utah, or the Pelicans? Or Denver when they get Barton, MPJ, and IT back?

We have enormous potential... but we should have signed Dwight and we need a little more 3 point shooting.


Yes I think we’re better than NO and we are MUCH better than Denver. MPJ won’t be a big factor this year, IT doesn’t contribute to wins. They get Barton, we get Ingram and Rondo, no comparison. Utah is tough to tell. What I can tell you is, Howard would be a negative not a positive.

There were no available options to surpass GSW this year besides trading Ingram for Kawhi.


Dwight helps neutralize AD, Julius, Mirotic in the interior... I've very worried about this matchup. Hopefully we do get Chandler, because these guys will have a field day against us as we could barely control Jokic by himself.

IT as the number one option isn't anything to fear... but as part of a multi pronged attack, he will create problems. We better hope MPJ doesn't make it back for the playoffs because then we will have three more pieces to worry about with Barton.

I probably fear Utah less than the others, but they have a good all around team... Rubio for playmaking, Mitchell, the star, Ingles for shooting, Gobert the defensive anchor. I think we do okay against them because Gobert and Favors really aren't a huge offensive threat. It all depends how great Mitchell becomes. Bottom line, it would be nice to develop Svi to counter Ingles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 16922

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject:

youcantguardme wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Nice that he brings other skills to the table even without the shot falling.


This really is an important and accurate point. The kid was deep second round, is a rookie and is not an athletic freak. With those factors in mind, Svi has been outstanding so far. His playmaking and defense is far above average for a rookie, let alone a second rounder. His effort and aggressiveness is also impressive.

I'm not saying that when BI and Rondo get back that Svi should still get 20 minutes a game or even play every game, but I do think that he has a future in the League, and hopefully for the Lakers, if he continues his play.

I've pointed this out in other threads, but I am also a big Kansas BB fan. While much of the self improvement is up to the players, Bill Self deserves a lot of credit for actually teaching basketball skills. The improvement of Svi since he arrived at college having just turned 17 is mind blowing.

The foundation of diverse offensive skills and his engagement on defense give him a higher ceiling than most role-player shooters, including Josh. So even if he's not ready right now, it gives the Lakers future flexibility if Svi lives up to his upside because they're going to be cash strapped next summer if they sign another max contract free agent. So Svi can be Stephenson's replacement.

Re: Self and Kansas, his recent string of 4-year players have been well-prepared for the next level. Mason is getting time in Sacto and I'm a big fan of Graham's future in Charlotte.
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 16922

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject:

I've decided that Svi should be compared to Joe Ingles now. Please adjust your white boy comparisons accordingly.
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 28454

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

So far he’s the Machine. Tiny sample size, but he’s only 1-5 from 3 so far which obviously isn’t good from a guy we were hoping was a three point sharpshooter. In preseason he wasn’t much better, hitting just 4-17 of his threes. Hopefully as he gets more time and opportunities and gets used to NBA speed/size he’ll relax and start knocking them down. Rookie season and he’s young, so plenty of time for him to get acclimated. Maybe some time in the G League would help out too to get his confidence back up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
PlantedTanks
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 878

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I've decided that Svi should be compared to Joe Ingles now. Please adjust your white boy comparisons accordingly.


Don't understand the Ingles comparison but does that mean he should be cut, go play overseas and re-enter the NBA when he is 27?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 6593

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Svi has taken 5 shots and people keep calling him the Machine

Sasha shot 1451 shots and though he ultimately was a disappointment... he did shoot 44% one year and 37% for his career.

It's too early to predict if Svi will match his Kansas form but he shot 44.4% from three for the team with 2nd most difficult schedule, and was the highest of any regular in division 1.

To extrapolate that he will become Sasha after 5 shots is completely ludicrous

For one thing, even if all he did was become Sasha... it would still be a 37% career shooter, which is someone we could use... but his college career foreshadows the numbers of someone like Ray Allen, Steph, or Korver.

44.4% against the 2nd hardest schedule in division 1 isn't a fluke.
At worst, I think he will be a good sub off the bench.

It's baffling that some of you want to reject him after 5 shots when we are literally starving for service from three.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PlantedTanks
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Jul 2017
Posts: 878

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Svi has taken 5 shots and people keep calling him the Machine

Sasha shot 1451 shots and though he ultimately was a disappointment... he did shoot 44% one year and 37% for his career.

It's too early to predict if Svi will match his Kansas form but he shot 44.4% from three for the team with 2nd most difficult schedule, and was the highest of any regular in division 1.

To extrapolate that he will become Sasha after 5 shots is completely ludicrous

For one thing, even if all he did was become Sasha... it would still be a 37% career shooter, which is someone we could use... but his college career foreshadows the numbers of someone like Ray Allen, Steph, or Korver.

44.4% against the 2nd hardest schedule in division 1 isn't a fluke.
At worst, I think he will be a good sub off the bench.

It's baffling that some of you want to reject him after 5 shots when we are literally starving for service from three.


I don't believe he will get the consistent minutes this season to find his rhythm and develop consistency with his 3 pt shot. If anything wait till further in the season when minutes possibly open due to injuries, resting players or trades occur.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Practice
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Apr 2015
Posts: 3764

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:51 pm    Post subject:

I don't like how Luke used Svi tonight and he would probably be better off in the G League at this point so that he can get some consistent minutes, especially with Ingram coming back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 6593

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Svi has taken 5 shots and people keep calling him the Machine

Sasha shot 1451 shots and though he ultimately was a disappointment... he did shoot 44% one year and 37% for his career.

It's too early to predict if Svi will match his Kansas form but he shot 44.4% from three for the team with 2nd most difficult schedule, and was the highest of any regular in division 1.

To extrapolate that he will become Sasha after 5 shots is completely ludicrous

For one thing, even if all he did was become Sasha... it would still be a 37% career shooter, which is someone we could use... but his college career foreshadows the numbers of someone like Ray Allen, Steph, or Korver.

44.4% against the 2nd hardest schedule in division 1 isn't a fluke.
At worst, I think he will be a good sub off the bench.

It's baffling that some of you want to reject him after 5 shots when we are literally starving for service from three.


I don't believe he will get the consistent minutes this season to find his rhythm and develop consistency with his 3 pt shot. If anything wait till further in the season when minutes possibly open due to injuries, resting players or trades occur.


I agree with your assessment, but I'm confused by lack of scientific method by some who believe Lance will become a bonafide star after 900 shots shooting 30% from three and Svi will become a bust after 5 shots.

Obviously Lance has played well, and displays some entertaining street ball moves, but statistics don't bear out long term success.

I'm not saying Svi will definitely become great, but statistically speaking the potential is there and should be explored.

Again so many confuse swagger and flair for actual skill.

Drives me nuts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 61 of 62
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB