Official Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk Thread (Traded to Michigan)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

I'll just say it... Svi is our best 3 and D player. Hes only shooting 33% from 3 but its obvious he's a much shooter than that stat. He just needs more consistent minutes to get a flow going... even his misses have been right on the money. And Ive been scouting enough of his defense to say he does a better job than KCP and Hart of keeping his man infront of him, stays actively looking to provide help defense in the paint, and gives maximum effort flying back out to close in on a spot up shooter. Plus does the little things like always trying to find a body to box out once the ball is in the air.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I'll just say it... Svi is our best 3 and D player. Hes only shooting 33% from 3 but its obvious he's a much shooter than that stat. He just needs more consistent minutes to get a flow going... even his misses have been right on the money. And Ive been scouting enough of his defense to say he does a better job than KCP and Hart of keeping his man infront of him, stays actively looking to provide help defense in the paint, and gives maximum effort flying back out to close in on a spot up shooter. Plus does the little things like always trying to find a body to box out once the ball is in the air.

I like Svi.
But I think his man defense isn't great.
Good team defense though.
Is that still considered a 3 and D player?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Svi did great today, but his D hasn't been good most if the season. He's working hard, but guys shoot over him with no fear. Great to see him shooting with confidence today and showing off some of his passing skills. I hope he earns some more minutes for us.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject:

I liked his defense today. Was sloppy rebounding though, let a few slip out of his hands

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Kuz should take Hart’s mins. Neither can defend but at least Svi can shoot. Even his misses look like they’re going in.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject:

Svi can shoot. He deserves more minutes
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject:

Next year he will be a more important reserve for us.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

Free Svi!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:

On a team that is so deficient in this area, he should be playing more. They desperately need his shooting.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:07 am    Post subject:

Svi is coming along nicely. He had a good game overall. We really need his 3 point shooting..... a lot!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:

That's the funny thing. The player I think he should replace is Lance. But Lance is our best 3 point shooter.

The other argument is that Svi should take Hart's minutes, but Hart is shooting slightly better from 3 than Svi at this time (although Svi has been doing better recently and Hart worse).

The reason I want Svi in there is his team defense, smarts/instincts and shooting. I think I would give Svi Lance's minutes because Hart is more versatile on defense to switch (better than Lance). And the only way he takes Lance's minutes is if Lonzo and BI are staggered and one of those 2 are playing lead guard. Because I don't trust any of KCP, Hart, Svi to handle.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Sina wrote:

That's the funny thing. The player I think he should replace is Lance. But Lance is our best 3 point shooter.

The other argument is that Svi should take Hart's minutes, but Hart is shooting slightly better from 3 than Svi at this time (although Svi has been doing better recently and Hart worse).

The reason I want Svi in there is his team defense, smarts/instincts and shooting. I think I would give Svi Lance's minutes because Hart is more versatile on defense to switch (better than Lance). And the only way he takes Lance's minutes is if Lonzo and BI are staggered and one of those 2 are playing lead guard. Because I don't trust any of KCP, Hart, Svi to handle.

Lance is a career 30% 3 pt. shooter.

It's true he's improved and doing much better this year from distance... but he also makes bonehead momentum killing plays.

If Lance had a veteran, steadying influence... you could justify giving him more minutes... but he's as likely to make a bad turnover as Svi... and the difference is that Svi will learn from his mistakes and get better at getting his shot off and playmaking... while Lance will be the inconsistent but talented guy he's always been.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Sina wrote:

Hart may have a better % but Im certain if you flipped their minutes around and gave Svi all those wide open looks Hart has clanked you'd see a better % from Svi.
He's been playing very random, very sporadic minutes which makes it much harder to get a rhythm going.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Lance is also shooting more off the dribble rather than catch and shoot, especially when hes the main ball handler out there. what we are missing imo is someone to spread the floor and catch and shoot, to help open up the game for the other guys, not someone who will iso and shoot off a screen, while others are watching. so in that sense, Svi > Lance, but it will mostly depend on who else is out there

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject:

If Luke played Svi more when he was finding his NBA rhythm instead of burying him on the bench again he may have been making some further progress.

Once you got a guy getting used to NBA speed, you don't suddenly cut all their minutes when they are playing well and then wonder why they aren't in rhythm when you randomly call upon them again.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
If Luke played Svi more when he was finding his NBA rhythm instead of burying him on the bench again he may have been making some further progress.

Once you got a guy getting used to NBA speed, you don't suddenly cut all their minutes when they are playing well and then wonder why they aren't in rhythm when you randomly call upon them again.

JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject:

7/4/1 in 18 minutes, went 2/6 from 3, and was a +14 on the road. Needs to get consistent minutes going forward, really opens up the game for the rest of the team with how he spaces the floor.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
7/4/1 in 18 minutes, went 2/6 from 3, and was a +14 on the road. Needs to get consistent minutes going forward, really opens up the game for the rest of the team with how he spaces the floor.

I'm liking he and Hart in the same lineup.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Loved the confidence he shot with today. He wasn’t great knocking them down, but the fact he’s shooting with confidence now can only mean good things going forward.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

I like Svi.

Strength would help him significantly as a man defender. The wingspan can't be changed without genetic engineering, but he's getting overpowered out there even when he's in the right place on defense.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Ever since it was pointed out to me... I can't unsee Svi's limited wingspan... but the thing I'd tell him is that Chris Paul led the league in steals for 6 out 7 years with a 6' 4" wingspan.

It is a huge disadvantage, but not insurmountable...
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Svi showing his ability to play defense, shoot, and playmake. I think he is a great pickup for where we got him.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

I like Svi.

Strength would help him significantly as a man defender. The wingspan can't be changed without genetic engineering, but he's getting overpowered out there even when he's in the right place on defense.

Can't wait for 23 year old strong Svi.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject:

2-way player.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Ever since it was pointed out to me... I can't unsee Svi's limited wingspan... but the thing I'd tell him is that Chris Paul led the league in steals for 6 out 7 years with a 6' 4" wingspan.

It is a huge disadvantage, but not insurmountable...

CP3 is 6.0 ft tall. You don't have a wingspan issue when it's longer than your height.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 74 of 79
Jump to: