Joel Berry II: undrafted free-agent deal with the Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Wait, this is a guaranteed deal? So he fills our last roster spot?
Cow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

There’s no way. This is just a training camp situation. Same with all the random signings of no names this time of year.

Best of luck to this guy, and the rest of camp invites
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

I seriously doubt it....assume it probably has a $50K guarantee? But it is one less camp invite....and I am not sure, but I think the Exhibit 10 deal Carroll signed will include camp.....so if you add in Caruso and Newman.....I think that just leaves us with a maximum of 3 more camp invites/contracts.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
Well, Joel Berry 2, if you want to be with us, then we want you. Gotta get a try out first to see if he can shoot a 3...or long range 2. We need shooters, but we can use the rebounding too. He could be a dynamic small guard, or turn into Tyronne Lue...as long as he’s not related to Jon Berry, that would disqualify you. I need to watch more of his game to see if the hype is true...otherwise he could be a dud, or not ready to join our crew.

Good luck JB2, your future looks bright, just don’t turn into a bust overnight...Anthony Bennett-like...or promising like Isiah Thomas, but doesn’t live up to the hype. Spending more time on Twitter and Skype or being passed up for his height...because hard work doesn’t come overnight, so take flight and maybe, just maybe, you can be Kobe and Jordan like.....like Mike.

I like your post...it is quite amusing...I say dilly dilly...but now it's my turn to be silly.

One Berry is white the other is black, they are not related and that is a fact.

Although he is a Tar Heel with much accomplished...he was overlooked and undrafted due to being smurfished.

He has a big heart, that is unquestioned...but he is just a mere mortal unlike Magic, Mike and Larry the Legend.

To those who doubt you...and there are many...say your prayers, take your vitamins and what are you going to do when HulkABerrymania runs wild on you.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
GTL wrote:
Well, Joel Berry 2, if you want to be with us, then we want you. Gotta get a try out first to see if he can shoot a 3...or long range 2. We need shooters, but we can use the rebounding too. He could be a dynamic small guard, or turn into Tyronne Lue...as long as he’s not related to Jon Berry, that would disqualify you. I need to watch more of his game to see if the hype is true...otherwise he could be a dud, or not ready to join our crew.

Good luck JB2, your future looks bright, just don’t turn into a bust overnight...Anthony Bennett-like...or promising like Isiah Thomas, but doesn’t live up to the hype. Spending more time on Twitter and Skype or being passed up for his height...because hard work doesn’t come overnight, so take flight and maybe, just maybe, you can be Kobe and Jordan like.....like Mike.

I like your post...it is quite amusing...I say dilly dilly...but now it's my turn to be silly.

Although he is a Tar Heel with much accomplished...he was overlooked and undrafted due to being smurfished.

He has a big heart, that is unquestioned...but he is just a mere mortal unlike Magic, Mike and Larry the Legend.

To those who doubt you...and there are many...say your prayers, take your vitamins and what are you going to do when HulkABerrymania runs wild on you.

I must say, your talents are unmatched...Joel Berry 2? I say pass! I’d rather take my chances on someone who can play...Leonard? Butler? Durant? Klay?

But realistically speaking, his game is okay...you say he’s a mere mortal, like Julius, dare I say?

He was a high flier with big hands, but a winner? Nay! He played in the wrong era, with Magic, Bird, and MJ.

Does it even really matter? It’s all pointless anyway. The Ultimate Warriors will win, hoisting the trophy on a June day.

So whatcha gonna do brother, when the Lakers draft Joel Berr-ay....the heartbreak kid, psycho vicious Sid, good enough to get us past May? You’re right, I will pray...
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
GTL wrote:

I must say, your talents are unmatched...Joel Berry 2? I say pass! I’d rather take my chances on someone who can play...Leonard? Butler? Durant? Klay?

But realistically speaking, his game is okay...you say he’s a mere mortal, like Julius, dare I say?

He was a high flier with big hands, but a winner? Nay! He played in the wrong era, with Magic, Bird, and MJ.

Does it even really matter? It’s all pointless anyway. The Ultimate Warriors will win, hoisting the trophy on a June day.

So whatcha gonna do brother, when the Lakers draft Joel Berr-ay....the heartbreak kid, psycho vicious Sid, good enough to get us past May? You’re right, I will pray...

I had a good laugh. Thanks. Nature boy Woooooo.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
gooner wrote:
His jumper is a bit like Lonzo’s.

but he is from Orlando, so back off! No, your right in that he was an average shooter at best in college. Berry is not elite at really anything or at least was not in college....but he is a baller that has shown the knack for stepping up on the biggest stages. I would guess his likely NBA outcome is as a 3rd String PG....with his ceiling developing into a solid backup? My gut is they are evaluating him for a possible 2 Way deal....and at least the contract will allow him to be assigned to South Bay to continue watching closely. It is not hard to see someone in out scouting department gives a lot of credit to older college players that have performed better in the NCAA Tournament.....Hart, Wagner, Svi, Newman, Berry....these are all guys that tended to out perform their averages when the lights were the brightest.

Feels like Maginka finally threw you a bone after hyping this guy up. I'm rooting for him and you.

#BannersOverBillboards
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
GTL wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
GTL wrote:

I had a good laugh. Thanks. Nature boy Woooooo.

Ohhhhh yaaaaaa dig it!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

So... no LiAngelo...
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Joel Berry was an absolute star locally in high school. He played @ Lake Highland Prep where he was coached by former Magic player Jeff Turner for his first couple years @ LHPS. He was the "local star" after Austin Rivers left for Duke. Rivers was Mr. Florida Basketball in 2011...then Berry won the award for 3 consecutive years from 2012-2014. There have been a lot of big names that have been recognized with the Mr. Florida Basketball award in recent decades....Vince Carter, Amar'e Stoudemire, Brandon Knight, Austin Rivers, Tony Bradley, Kevin Knox.....none have won the award 3 times. Coming out of high school, he was the 3rd ranked Florida prospect behind D'Angelo Russell and Grayson Allen.

Joel is the kind of player that is pretty much good at everything....but has yet to prove he is great at really any one thing that he could hang his hat on in the NBA. He is undersized....it has always been an issue...it will continue to be an issue. He can play basketball...he can play it at a very high level. I will be pulling for my fellow Central Floridian in Summer League.

I think I owe you an apology......I took you for a common negative troll nancy when reading your posts (I still dont agree with all of them but that is ok)

but look at your stuff further.....there is some good posting here with lots of informative good discussion information.

Sorry Akindo
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
So... no LiAngelo...

No! and hell no! Its smart that the Lakers are trying out guys, like J.Hart and this guy. 4 years of college ball and hungry to be in the nba,
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: