Kobe: NBA Players Want To Play For Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Yeah!!... The Baron called!!... That's encouraging...
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject:

They rightly see visions of rings. They see parades. The second largest media market in the US doesn't hurt. The chance to mix with Hollywood doesn't hurt in many cases. L.A. is in the spotlight.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe: NBA Players Want To Play For Lakers

Money$hot! wrote:
And 1 wrote:
"I get calls every day from players wanting to come out to L.A. and play. If Mitch (Kupchak) was to ask me about it, I would just tell him and let him handle it from there."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/39204/20060218/kobe_fielding_calls_from_players_who_want_to_join_the_lakers/

That's a spooky quote b/c it points to a divide between management and key players that should'nt be there. If a player calls Kobe and says "I wanna join up" Mitch should know about it right away. He shouldn't have to be invited to ask. What in the world is going on inside our organization?

Here is the full quote:

Quote:

"I get calls every day from players that want to come to L.A. and play," he said. "If Mitch was to ask me, I'd tell him and he'd handle it from there. It's not my job."

LINK
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject:

I definitely believe that Mitch's incompetence is somewhat responsible for Kobe's bad rep.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: