ESPN: As Free Agency nears, Jeannie confident in Lakers rebuild
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: ESPN: As Free Agency nears, Jeannie confident in Lakers rebuild

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23909394/los-angeles-lakers-owner-jeanie-buss-faith-team

Remember all those dysfunctional stories in recent years when we were about to enter FA? This is a very positive article that could shed light on a potential historic summer for the Lakers!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject:

or it could be just another addition to Ohm's large portfolio of Lakers puff pieces....just sayin...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
or it could be just another addition to Ohm's large portfolio of Lakers puff pieces....just sayin...

Writers aren’t payed to write glorious articles, this is just a example of how things are different this time.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Writers aren’t payed to write glorious articles, this is just a example of how things are different this time.

nothing personal....but Ohm has been pretty horrific since he was assigned to the Lakers....many of his articles come off as near propaganda for the Lakers FO. He is as bad in favor of the Lakers as Baxter was against the Lakers.

I know ESPN has some regional issues on where reporters live and who they cover....but they are in desperate need of just an overall NBA reporter rotation. Royce Young has nearly became a public advocate for the Thunder....Ohm often seems to push out front office narrative as reporting.....I literally heard Windhorst say on Zach Lowe's recent podcast that he approached Koby Altman after the Cavs made the Finals this year and told him "to be sure to really enjoy this one.....I feel like you guys did not really get a chance to enjoy the last one"....like why the hell is Windy concerned about how much the Cavs FO enjoys success?!?!
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: ESPN: As Free Agency nears, Jeannie confident in Lakers rebuild

Inspector Gadget wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23909394/los-angeles-lakers-owner-jeanie-buss-faith-team

Remember all those dysfunctional stories in recent years when we were about to enter FA? This is a very positive article that could shed light on a potential historic summer for the Lakers!

Yup. Can't believe that was only a little over a year ago. Hated reading those stories every week about all the back stabbing and infighting in the organization. It made us look like fools. I'm on record expressing how much I hated how the purge went down but can't argue the organization is in much better shape now.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

She didn't say anything we didn't already know. Just reconfirmed that the previous FO didn't really have a vision for the team, which I think we all as fans can agree with. Now the players, coaches, GM, President, Owner, are all in line with a single vision. That's the way it's supposed to be.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Well, that was certainly a substance-free puff piece. Jeanie has confidence in the people she hired to run the team. Wow. Who would have expected her to say that? Anyway, I decided a few months ago to stop being annoyed by Jeanie Buss fluff pieces. She seems to think that it accomplishes something. I just care about results.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

Look how quickly our prospects turned around as soon as that moron Jim was gone.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Look how quickly our prospects turned around as soon as that moron Jim was gone.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
adkindo wrote:

writers get paid when they have access. teams love guys who write puff vs. not. Ramona used to be jims mouthpiece. Thats how she came on the scene. Never travelled for any other team or story. The minute jim got bounced she was no longer just a lakers beat writer because people in the org, probably jeanie pushed her out.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Lakers now head into a summer that their hungry fan base has waited a long time for. Lakers fans are so eagerly anticipating what happens in free agency that many jumped to conclusions after Buss sent out a cryptic tweet that read, "Do not ever underestimate ... Nothing else to say."

With a laugh and a smile, Buss set the record straight on the tweet.

"It was very innocent. I was out to dinner in New York. I was there on NBA business -- league business -- and I only had a few minutes to change, and luckily I packed a pair of leather pants," Buss explained. "And I wouldn't have had time to, like, iron or steam or anything. I put on my leather pants and it's like a whole new outfit, and I was going to just tweet, 'Don't ever underestimate the power of leather pants for traveling because they don't wrinkle.' And I started writing it, and then I realized that just the first sentence was a great tweet even just the way it was."

Well played, Jeanie...
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

Sabotage the team when jim is in charge. Confident everything is ok when you're in charge.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

A lot of fans want to place blame of Jeanie or Jim, which I disagree with....the problem was Jeanie and Jim. They were both extremely unprofessional, immature spoiled brats over the years. Remove either one from the equation, and the situation almost had to improve.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Yep, I firmly believe that Jim was being blacklisted by the players and coaches. After that disastrous strike shortened off season where he let the whole staff, coaches and trainers, walk during the strike, with zero warning. That upset a lot of people, he became known as a selfish rich guy, who had his back before everyone elses. We did NOT get a major good contract anywhere after that. Everyone hated Jim. A fact of life we will all take to our graves, one that his poor dad might see from his grave and have to accept. Bummer.

But the difference is, now we have a guy that people respect and appreciate, and one whom everyone knows will do all he can to assist others. (See what I did there!? )
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Sabotage the team when jim is in charge. Confident everything is ok when you're in charge.

Rubbish, bitter grave digger!
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject:

No mention of Julius Randle in that piece.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

That's not even an article, this is just a press release from Jeannie disguised as a news article.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
A lot of fans want to place blame of Jeanie or Jim, which I disagree with....the problem was Jeanie and Jim. They were both extremely unprofessional, immature spoiled brats over the years. Remove either one from the equation, and the situation almost had to improve.

She honored his timeline. He didn't deliver. Jim had a longer leash than any other executive in his position. It was a smart move letting him go. It should've happened before he pissed away our cap space.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

From the well-planned negative hit pieces, the coup, to the fluff PR pieces...well, to quote Dennis Miller, I haven't seen choreography this stiff since the Lee Harvey Oswald prison transfer.

In any event, the executions have been accomplished, the deals have been made and we can rally around this year's free agency and get back to winning.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

And one finger up for Jimbo too!
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

That's BS. Jim didn't need anyone to sabotage him, he was an idiot all by himself. No vision for the team. Couldn't even run a proper FA meeting with Aldridge. The MozDeng signings are the worst in NBA history.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

It's amazing how we went from getting nothing(or negative with MozDeng) to possibly getting LeBron James, Paul George and Kawhi Leonard. Two of these wanted to get traded here from playoff teams and the other is possibly leaving a finals team. Crazy ass turnaround.

It's all about leadership.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Well, that was certainly a substance-free puff piece. Jeanie has confidence in the people she hired to run the team. Wow. Who would have expected her to say that? Anyway, I decided a few months ago to stop being annoyed by Jeanie Buss fluff pieces. She seems to think that it accomplishes something. I just care about results.

^ This.

And it's time for results.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Sabotage the team when jim is in charge. Confident everything is ok when you're in charge. :huh:

People forget that....

Coach Wooden
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: