Don't bring Francis to LA thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
after a half season under phil hes no different, he same old lamar odom.

There is you're answer right there. The two can make it together but it is going to bother some impatient fans...
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Come on. Just think about it and judge what Phil would want.

So now you're admitting that Mitch isn't totally in control?
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject:

RG, you would love to see Francis in LA wouldn't you?

Amazing...

The other day you accused me of being ridiculous?
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject:

The_Shoes i love you man but your arguements are so ridiclous
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject:

well i am not so sure that francis is the opposite of what phil wants in the triangle guard. now so far his results as far as his defense and so forth have been less than stellar. However the athletisom to accomplish those things is there no doubt. I also wonder if Odom would be necessary for the trade to go down. i mean it is possible they want picks, cap relief and another big. I could see a mihm, george, slava, trade exception and picks being attractive to an orlando team that is building around its youth. They also just gave up a pick to Detriot so it is possible they would want that. With that said stevie can do anything on court he wants to. he can play d, he can pass, shoot, rebound. Most importantly he can create his own shot something that other than kobe we really dont have that much. i think if we give up odom we take turkey glue back as well and i am not so sure that is not a better deal. However the blanket statement that francis is not a phil type pg. as an athlete he is almost perfect to the t of a triangel guard. not quite the big guard but at 6' 3" he is not small and has all tools be great. if francis had realized his potential we would not be able to get him for anyone not named kobe. while he has his problems these are the type of moves that are gambles but if they work out it takes you to another level because you get a great player with all kinds of talent for lesser talent because of circumstances. See rasheed wallace and how that worked for the pistons.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Mitch negotiates deals.

But he does so with a good relationship with Phil. Remember how Phil said he came here because he could trust the guys here in LA?

Mitch is one of those guys that people like to work with. He considers what other want and need to.

Phil is the coach. Mitch must consider what Phil wants or he could see that player not be utilized properly or at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Steve Francis won't solve this teams problems. This recent slide has to do w/ defense, or the lack there of. The Lakers need to show more effort on the defensive end... it is as simple as that. Steve Francis, WHERE THE F*** DID THIS COME FROM?
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:

Amazing...

Where exactly did I say I would love to see Francis in L.A.?

You guys make huge leaps in logic. I mean he's better than anyone on the team right now besides Kobe, but that doesn't mean I think he's the best fit, nor do I think he's going to wind up in L.A., nor would I love him here. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Because I think that there is difficulty in the management making decisions because there are different camps with different agendas that means I want Francis. Right. Unrelated topics Shoes.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
RG73 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Mitch negotiates deals.

Again, are you so sure of that?

Quote:
But he does so with a good relationship with Phil.

You have no basis of knowing this. Mitch was a Jerry West guy. We know how Jerry felt about Phil. I wouldn't be so sure that Mitch is happy to be working with the guy that drove his mentor off.

Quote:
Remember how Phil said he came here because he could trust the guys here in LA?

Do you believe every word that comes out of Phil's mouth? The people who know him best consider him extremely manipulative (read what Tex has said about Phil). What Phil says and Phil actually believes are often two different things.

Quote:
Mitch is one of those guys that people like to work with. He considers what other want and need to.

Or Mitch is a pushoever that does what others tell him to do. Or he tries to please everyone at once, gets conflicted, and can't actually accomplish any goal. The net result is the same.

Quote:
Phil is the coach. Mitch must consider what Phil wants or he could see that player not be utilized properly or at all.

Ok, which is the same as saying Phil has control over personnel decisions. That is saying Mitch won't do anything unless Phil approves. Mitch can't be the one making the deals if he needs Phil's consideration and approval. Then he's merely the guy facilitating what Phil wants.

That Artest isn't here indicates that someone is not listening to Phil, but my guess is that the someone is Jim Buss, not Mitch (who is the only one who would have more clout than Phil with Jerry).
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
The_Shoes i love you man but your arguements are so ridiclous

Right...

You should be laughing... Nobody could say that about you could they?
I'm trying to remember the last time I read a post of yours that made any sense...
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:

Amazing...

Where exactly did I say I would love to see Francis in L.A.?

You guys make huge leaps in logic. I mean he's better than anyone on the team right now besides Kobe, but that doesn't mean I think he's the best fit, nor do I think he's going to wind up in L.A., nor would I love him here. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Because I think that there is difficulty in the management making decisions because there are different camps with different agendas that means I want Francis. Right. Unrelated topics Shoes.

It was a question... That is what it was, a question. I don't put nothing past certain folks around here RG. Some have proven that they want LO out under any and, all conditions and, it appeared that you were one of the head guys so, that is why I was asking...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: