Official LANCE STEPHENSON Thread (Cried after being Eliminated from Playoffs - pg.57)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
watchME wrote:
Lance's new form looks nice:

Rondo & Lance > Livinston & Igoudala?

You are getting kick out of a Laker fan being positive about our players?

Yea, I don't think it's that laughable.
Shaun and Iggy have regressed.
But so has Rondo.

Lance? Who knows. But he's still the only one of them in his 20s.

It can be argued that at the height of their careers that Rondo was the best player out of those 4 and Lance would ne like 3rd. I'm not sure whats funny about that.

I agree. I don't see what is laughable about it either. Emoticon responses like that are just rude.

--Anonymous
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
watchME wrote:

But so has Rondo.

It can be argued that at the height of their careers that Rondo was the best player out of those 4 and Lance would ne like 3rd. I'm not sure whats funny about that.

I agree. I don't see what is laughable about it either. Emoticon responses like that are just rude.

Oh, you guys didn't know? VLF is allowed to be rude, condescending, bitter, a contrarian, etc. The reasoning? Not sure myself.

Is it because he's been on this forum for 40 years? I've never understood why he gets away with half the bs he posts tbh.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
watchME wrote:

But so has Rondo.

Oh, you guys didn't know? VLF is allowed to be rude, condescending, bitter, a contrarian, etc. The reasoning? Not sure myself.

Is it because he's been on this forum for 40 years? I've never understood why he gets away with half the bs he posts tbh.

Agreed
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
watchME wrote:

But so has Rondo.

I have followed his posts through out the years, I would lie if I said he didn’t bring up interesting points, sometimes he posts good takes.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject:

Lance is writing down the names of his doubters.

Lanny predicting he outplays his contract and shocks the Laker Nation.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:26 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

The question for me is...at whose expense?

PG + SG spots are locked down with Lonzo/Rondo, KCP/Hart.

So he'll have to do it at "SF." But BI is going to play 34-35mpg. So that leaves 13mpg?

Then you have the excess PFs (assuming LBJ even plays it which I think he will) with LBJ/Kuz/Beez. So no minutes there, and I think LBJ/Kuz actually play some "SF" minutes.

So barring injuries, where does Lance pick up regular minutes?
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
crackadon wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
watchME wrote:

But so has Rondo.

I have followed his posts through out the years, I would lie if I said he didn’t bring up interesting points, sometimes he posts good takes.

He's the Lavar Ball of LG.

Loves his kids (Lakers)...99% insufferable...1% insightful...but only a pain if you pay him any mind.

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

So he'll have to do it at "SF." But BI is going to play 34-35mpg. So that leaves 13mpg?

Then you have the excess PFs (assuming LBJ even plays it which I think he will) with LBJ/Kuz/Beez. So no minutes there, and I think LBJ/Kuz actually play some "SF" minutes.

We have 12 guys that can earn minutes...Zu...Moe...Bonga will be getting next to nothing.

This will help keep LBJ fresh for the POs.

Lance will play about 10 to 12 per game in some positionless lineups.

Could see him with Zo, Kuzma, Be, and Rondo...2 playmakers...2 gunners...and a wildcard. 5 minutes here...5 there.

#BannersOverBillboards
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

It does not have to be & it will not be regular minutes. Lance is a bench player and sign as is. To put in perspective, SLivingston played 17.7 & 15.9 mins in the last 2 years. Also, this is a deep bench. There will be days he will not even play and others where his role will expand.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

It does not have to be & it will not be regular minutes. Lance is a bench player and sign as is. To put in perspective, SLivingston played 17.7 & 15.9 mins in the last 2 years. Also, this is a deep bench. There will be days he will not even play and others where his role will expand.

I think he believes he will be a regular rotation player. I just don't see it in the numbers unless someone else's time is being cut.

Someone will be unhappy with their playing time IMO, and it will likely be Lance.

And the only way I can see him getting sustained minutes is if we have some injuries, which of course we don't want.
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
crackadon wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
watchME wrote:

But so has Rondo.

He's the Lavar Ball of LG.

Loves his kids (Lakers)...99% insufferable...1% insightful...but only a pain if you pay him any mind.

Hmmmm. It is likely Lavar displays more sincerity.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

Lance played nearly 23mpg in 82 games last year for the Pacers. He's in his prime at age 27-28 and has averaged 24mpg throughout his career.

It's going to be interesting to see who loses minutes so that Lance can play. I'll be damned if it's Hart/Lonzo as they need as much time. KCP/Rondo also need minutes too. Will they cut BI's minutes down drastically so that Lance can play consistently? Not sure.

And the SF spot is a repository for minutes that can't be fit into the "PF" spot for 3 players (LBJ/Kuz/Beez).
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lance played nearly 23mpg in 82 games last year for the Pacers. He's in his prime at age 27-28 and has averaged 24mpg throughout his career.

It's going to be interesting to see who loses minutes so that Lance can play. I'll be damned if it's Hart/Lonzo as they need as much time. KCP/Rondo also need minutes too. Will they cut BI's minutes down drastically so that Lance can play consistently? Not sure.

And the SF spot is a repository for minutes that can't be fit into the "PF" spot for 3 players (LBJ/Kuz/Beez).

I hate to assume this also, but remember injuries happen. Not necessarily major injuries, but the nagging ones should be rested until fully healed if we've got this much depth, just so we can make it into the playoffs relatively unscathed. If Lebron plays 45 mins one game against the Warriors or something and he got poked in the eye again, sit him out the next few games and start Kuzma and Ingram with Stephenson and Beasley getting more minutes than usual.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I hate to assume this also, but remember injuries happen. Not necessarily major injuries, but the nagging ones should be rested until fully healed if we've got this much depth, just so we can make it into the playoffs relatively unscathed. If Lebron plays 45 mins one game against the Warriors or something and he got poked in the eye again, sit him out the next few games and start Kuzma and Ingram with Stephenson and Beasley getting more minutes than usual.

For a guy in his prime used to playing 24-25mpg, that won't be close to what he's used to.
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pokoy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

For a guy in his prime used to playing 24-25mpg, that won't be close to what he's used to.

Yeah I mean seriously I still don't get this signing other than the whole "At Least He's Not On Another Team Bother Lebron" thing. Like he might have actually been good for the Rockets or something.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
crackadon wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
watchME wrote:

But so has Rondo.

Agreed
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pokoy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah I mean seriously I still don't get this signing other than the whole "At Least He's Not On Another Team Bother Lebron" thing. Like he might have actually been good for the Rockets or something.

He got his money. And he will likely grumble about getting 10mpg (or less). Will be interesting to see if he's still on the team come 12/15.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

I believe Lance will get minutes at the SG and/or SF spots.

BI played 33 mpg last year. Assuming he's there again.
KCP played 33 mpg last year. Hope he doesn't have to this year.
Hart and Lance played 23 mpg last year.

Injuries are bound to happen.
So depending on how well each of KCP, Hart, BI, Lance play, the minutes will be split as needed.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

This is a good point. Almost everybody on this LG has something positive to add to the community. Those who are trolls are banned by the mods pretty quickly. However, these emoticon responses that have no information other than trying to bully/humiliate others are completely out of place on a website that has so many long-term users.

--Anonymous
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

So depending on how well each of KCP, Hart, BI, Lance play, the minutes will be split as needed.

Aside from injuries, there is literally no way for him to get even a consistent 12-14mpg, let alone the 23 mpg he's accustomed to. Would be interested to see what was promised in terms of playing time/role.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject:

C'mon guys.
He doesn't even play for the Lakers. He's getting more pub than Lance in this thread
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

Also, wouldn't be surprised to see LBJ/Kuz play some SF minutes too.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
C'mon guys.
He doesn't even play for the Lakers. He's getting more pub than Lance in this thread

Very, very nice!!!

--Anonymous
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Aside from injuries, there is literally no way for him to get even a consistent 12-14mpg, let alone the 23 mpg he's accustomed to. Would be interested to see what was promised in terms of playing time/role.

awesome problem to have. this was a starter for semi contender.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

awesome problem to have. this was a starter for semi contender.

Sure. Just interested to see if he's ok with that, and/or what the Lakers promised him. Something has to give for him to get the minutes he's accustomed to...or else we have a problem.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 29 of 57
Jump to: