Official LANCE STEPHENSON Thread (Cried after being Eliminated from Playoffs - pg.57)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject:

If it were my call, the center rotation would be McGee/Beas/Lebron

I like Zu but I put him in the "project" category. However I only see McGee getting 15-20mpg, so I suppose there will be opportunity there for Zu to get some minutes some nights.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
If he doesn't hit at least 35% from 3 he shouldn't play.

Even though Metta didn’t shoot above 35% he played plenty with the Lakers, though I think he can end up with a higher % cause he seems really locked in this summer with his 3pt shooting.

Different scenario with Kobe and Pau vs LBJ. Metta also brought aggressive defense - Lance is.till living off his reputation from the 2014 ECF.

Not to sound like a homer but I will take this team over Kobe/Pau Lakers.. also Ron Ron’s defense really went south after his 1st year.

2018-19 Lakers over 2 time champ Kobe/Pau?

You must be out of your mind...

At the least I could see this team + whoever we add next summer in FA having the same sort of success or better, not crazy at all it’s possible.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Lance Stephenson on why he blew in LeBron's ear: "I was really trying to get him mad"

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/08/20/lance-stephenson-on-why-he-blew-in-lebrons-ear-i-was-really-trying-to-get-him-mad/

Quote:

Lance Stephenson on why he blew in LeBron’s ear: “I was really trying to get him mad”

Lance Stephenson and LeBron James are teammates with the Lakers.

It’s not something anyone would have seen coming back in 2014 when Stephenson blew in LeBron’s ear, creating a meme for the ages and adding to the legend of Stephenson. From the moment it happened, people have asked: “What was Stephenson thinking?”

“I was really trying to get him mad, really trying to win the game, get him unfocused,” Stephenson told The Score in an interview (video above). “And I was trying anything, and for you to do something to somebody and they don’t respond, they keep continuing playing hard, it’s like: ‘yo, how do I…’ I was just trying to find stuff… LeBron was such a good player, you know, I was trying to do anything to get him frustrated. It’s going to be different, being friends with LeBron, you know what I mean?”

We do, because Stephenson did other stuff over the years, like tap LeBron on the face, trash talk LeBron, and kicking him in the “groin,” and those antics occasionally worked.

LeBron has said before he could put that behind him and play with Stephenson, but of all the signings the Lakers made this summer this was the one that left people around the league scratching their heads. In part because of the history between the two, but more because of Stephenson’s history outside of Indiana — he’s struggled. Badly. Now he’s going to be put in a tight role on a team with high expectations and ridiculous levels of scrutiny. Is this really going to work?

It’s just a one-year deal, the Lakers set themselves up to chase another star (via trade or free agency) and that remains the priority. Everything else is just window dressing. But man, there could be quite a show in that window with the Lakers this season, that’s a lot of big personalities in one space.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:

It's gonna be pretty damn funny to see how guys like Draymond and Harden react to Lance's antics.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

He's gonna chew Beverly’s ear off when they face the Clippers.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

Just seeing from youtube how much this guy is working on his game. I have a good feeling that he will be one of the fan favorite this season. For his activity, flare for the game and skills he possess as a basketball player. He is also still in his prime and could be the year he can get all his things together. Just my 2 cents

Lance at work
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Just seeing from youtube how much this guy is working on his game. I have a good feeling that he will be one of the fan favorite this season. For his activity, flare for the game and skills he possess as a basketball player. He is also still in his prime and could be the year he can get all his things together. Just my 2 cents

Lance at work

Stephenson has been putting in work all summer long but yet fans think he’s not gonna get minutes, I bet besides LeBron he’s the only other vet who is putting in the extra work.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
DLaker wrote:

Lance at work

Stephenson has been putting in work all summer long but yet fans think he’s not gonna get minutes, I bet besides LeBron he’s the only other vet who is putting in the extra work.

Not only that...he was the first FA Magic pursued and signed. He'll get minutes in my opinion.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakerssbn/status/1031742514602991616?s=21

h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Beasting that strength training, sort of MWP 2.0
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:

Good comparison, I see him as a Ron on our team as well, both aren’t really looked at as a threat from the outside but Lance is certainly more talented in terms of passing/athleticism and vice versa.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
h2omike wrote:

Good comparison, I see him as a Ron on our team as well, both aren’t really looked at as a threat from the outside but Lance is certainly more talented in terms of passing/athleticism and vice versa.

Plus Artest was an all NBA defender while Stephenson was one of the worst guard defenders.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:

Lance at work

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
h2omike wrote:

Plus Artest was an all NBA defender while Stephenson was one of the worst guard defenders.

Artest had great D pre-2011 but it went down hill in a big way, scorers were scoring on him at will, at least Lance knows how to annoy players which should really help come playoff time, Lance loves the playoff spotlight in a way Ron did.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YhrWQZsV7d4

It seems like he’s been working out non stop since the summer, it’s awesome to have players on our team who wanna show what they got this year.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Lance is my least liked signing of the summer. I think Rondo, Beaz and McGee all bring something that we needed. Lance just seems unneeded with Hart/KCP being such great 3+D players and with Ingram/Kuzma being able to handle the ball at the three outside of Lebron.

Hopefully he proves me wrong but neither is Offense of Defense was very good last season.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Lance is my least liked signing of the summer. I think Rondo, Beaz and McGee all bring something that we needed. Lance just seems unneeded with Hart/KCP being such great 3+D players and with Ingram/Kuzma being able to handle the ball at the three outside of Lebron.

Hopefully he proves me wrong but neither is Offense of Defense was very good last season.

Let’s appreciate the guys work this summer, I know I can’t convince fans that he can be a vital piece on this team, but let’s give him his due if he does become a important piece on this team we will remember all these videos of him working out trying to prove people wrong.
EthanHarris
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Lance is a strong defender and will help us this season!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

EthanHarris wrote:

Nice to see a fan being supportive of Stephenson, welcome to LG!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject:

EthanHarris wrote:

Statistically the worst defensive guard in the league last season.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Gonna be a logjam for guys getting minutes this season.

Some vets are going to get outplayed by the youngsters, and lose minutes.

Some of the youngsters MAY get outplayed by the vets, I'm not saying it will happen, but I would not be shocked if Beasley, Rondo, McGee, or Lance take key sub minutes or even start, by outperforming a given young player.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
EthanHarris wrote:

Stats don’t always tell the Impact a player has, no need to de-value our players, if he was on the Pelicans you would tell us how Anthony Davis would make him better, even the Pacers GM admitted that he can be you’re best player on the team on any given game.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
EthanHarris wrote:

Very strong statement. Let's see the stats to back up this claim.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/lakerssbn/status/1031742514602991616?s=21

How lucky are we to have 2 GOAT level guys on our team this season.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
EthanHarris wrote:

Very strong statement. Let's see the stats to back up this claim.

Here are some statistical sites that discuss Lance's defensive capabilities last year:

nba.com lists Lance as #331 of 540 nba players in terms of defensive win-shares. By the way, Lebron was #308. See page 7.

Also, nba.com lists Lance at #403 (of 540) in terms of defensive rating of 109 (see page 9). By the way, IT (also a guard) was #498 with a defensive rating of 113.9.

nba.com lists Lance at #357 in terms of defensive field goal percentage (47.7%). Surprisingly, IT was much better on this than Lance; IT had a score of 42.9%

ESPN Real Plus Minus lists Lance at #101 of 107 shooting guards using DRPM.

Page 5 of this thread has a quote of from Cranjis McBasketball that said that Lance was the worst guard for "perimeter defense" (which I believe is difference than "defense" since Cranjis gives both perimeter and interior defensive scores). The tweet where he stated this is found here.

Bottom line is that Lance was horrible. It is, however, very difficult to say that he was "the worst." "For all" statements are overly used on LG and are almost always incorrectly applied.

--Anonymous

Last edited by Annihilator on Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 31 of 57
Jump to: