Lakers Ranking/Win Total Next Season (Vegas Sets Line @ 48.5; ESPN Predicts 41 Wins/Miss Playoffs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Many Wins/What Seed Do You See The Lakers Acheiving This Season?
A. 41 Wins or Less/Miss the Playoffs
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
B. 42-44 Wins/8th Seed
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
C. 45-49 Wins/6th to 7th Seed
16%
 16%  [ 37 ]
D. 50-55 Wins/3rd to 5th Seed
65%
 65%  [ 143 ]
E. 56 Wins or More/1st or 2nd Seed
16%
 16%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 220

chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
People either think they're title contenders or they're gonna miss the playoffs. Since neither of those are true I'd say yes they're gonna surprise everybody.

I don't know one person who thinks they're going to miss the playoffs.

I think Tim Legler we might the playoffs. He is a Laker hater and Philly stan after all
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

I'll be more than happy with 3-4 seed, 52 wins.
And in 2019 we'll get our 2nd max player and win the title.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

I figure 55 wins with LeBron and the roster as it stands.

That's assuming a reasonable rate of improvement commensurate to what one can expect for our 3 rookies from last season and to a lesser extent for BI as well. I also assume Lonzo and Rondo will find a way to share PG duties, we'll get some decent mentoring/contribution from Rondo, and assuming Lonzo finds his shot in this process.

60+ wins the following year if we keep our core and get Kahwi. Title contenders at that stage. Just in time for the GSW dynasty to start crumbling.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
I predict 55-57 wins. Our talent is criminally underrated, and I don't think playing in the West is going to slow LeBron down. The team, along with James, are going to be motivated. They understand all eyes are on them. 55-57 wins.

I say we crack the 50 win mark easily if we have a healthy roster.

Ima predict a record of 51-31
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

I agree with what people have already said, we're not one of those potential "surprise" teams anymore with Lebron here. Making the playoffs and advancing a round or two is an expectation now. Sure, if we make the Finals, that would be a surprise (or more like a miracle), but that's likely not going to happen.

Though tbh, I still haven't come to terms with the fact that we actually signed Lebron and are essentially penciled in as a playoff contender from Day 1. It's VERY hard to believe after what we've gone through the last five to six years. Will take some getting used to...
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

If Lebron allows the rest of the team to do their thing and play to their potential and let Ball/Rondo run the offense they’ll do great and will contend.

If he brings the ball up every time and clears everyone out to attack the rim or pass for a shot we will become predictable, the young guys will not be used properly and we will struggle
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject:

Warriors
Rockets
Lakers
Thunder
Wolves
Jazz
Blazers
Nuggets

Celtics
Raptors
Wizards
Pacers
Sixers
Bucks
Cavs
Pistons

Finals: Rockets vs Celtics (which will mark the first time I’m rooting for Harden)
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject:

Don’t really care about the seed. We are gonna go to playoffs with the best player in the nba. Anything can happen. Kobe almost dragged that smush team into the finals were it not for Tim Thomas.
#DeathMetalMatters
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
Don’t really care about the seed. We are gonna go to playoffs with the best player in the nba. Anything can happen. Kobe almost dragged that smush team into the finals were it not for Tim Thomas.

I remember exactly where I was. It still hurts.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I think that a 3-6 seed is possible, with more success in 2019.

I think that's a smart take. Ending up at #6 would be a disappointment but a lot will depend on health and how they come out of the gates. HCA in the first round should be the goal, followed by getting on the opposite side of the bracket of GS. I actually think Houston won't be as good next year. A lot of stuff broke right for them in 2017-18.

Edit: biggest goal is getting to the playoffs healthy.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

I honestly feel Lebron can take down the Warriors without assembling an equally as opposing super team AND we are almost there. Kinda like the Jordan Bulls model.

If Kawhi comes I think we just need an assortment of strong 2 way players who can hit their open 3s which we already have, and only thing left would be a rim protecting rebounding machine big.
fusuyballer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Just to clarify...when I said this Laker team will surprise people, what I meant was they could possibly be soooo good - that even us fans are surprised. We have literally kept all of our "we" guys and we have a nice mix of veterans and youngins that will push each other everything. Most people dont expect this, but I think this team wins 60 games and contends for 1st in the West. Thats what I mean by surprise. I think most people know we have the talent but I have a feeling this team is gonna gell unlike anyone expected...and fairly quickly.

Brook has just signed with the bucks btw, so is melo still in play? I think Melo can be a + if he comes with the right mindset, which i think he will b/c of magic and lebron.

my 2 cents
#DeathMetalMatters
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

61-21. 2nd in the west.

BTW guys. I haven't posted here in a couple years, got a different name now. But I've been coming to "this board" through its several iterations since 98'99'. So LONG TIME visitor who rarely posted anyways. End intro haha.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I honestly feel Lebron can take down the Warriors without assembling an equally as opposing super team AND we are almost there. Kinda like the Jordan Bulls model.

If Kawhi comes I think we just need an assortment of strong 2 way players who can hit their open 3s which we already have, and only thing left would be a rim protecting rebounding machine big.

The reason those Bulls 3peated without being a superteam was because they were the greatest defensive team ever, and they had 3 of the best defensive players ever: Jordan, Pippen and Rodman. They also had a good but not elite defender in Ron Harper.

We're not quite at that level. We'll have to get it done with a combo of team defense, fast break basketball and ball and player movement when we don't have anything. We'll need a LOT more offense than those 90s Bulls teams, which is why we need Kawhi. This team as is can win 50 games, but if Ingram, Ball and/or Kuzma take a significant step forward it could be more like 55 wins.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I think that a 3-6 seed is possible, with more success in 2019.

This is the most positive thing you’ve ever said! And I agree 100 percent.
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Every year we see an optimistic thread stating the Lakers will surprise people and overachieve. I don't see it. As constructed they will probably win around 50 games and make the playoffs and lose in the first or second round depending on who the first round opponent is.
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Not really a surprising team. Lebron has a real supporting cast now. Warriors will coast in the regular season like last year and Rockets are gonna regress with less depth on their team now, CP3 older and Capela is still a mystery.

Lakers got a real shot at the number 1 seed this year.

kind of strange to play the age game when we just signed Lebron wo will be 34 when the year is over
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Not too worried about regular season records. We're going to lose some games just trying to figure out our lineups and chemistry, I'm just hoping we put it all together at the end of the season and develop momentum going into the playoffs. I think Lonzo will be the key to everything as well.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Anything less than the conference finals would be a disappointment.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject:

I predict all the stars align and the Lakers make it to the finals. The grind wears on GSW of going to so many straight finals. Lebron plays no defense all year and is our scoring machine. He stays fresh for the playoffs and the Lakers get a 3 or 4 seed.

LA vs Boston, Lebron takes care of business, everybody finally claims him the GOAT after this one. Lakers luck out with Draymond injury and nagging injuries to either Durant, Curry, or Klay. CP3 and Irving gets injured once again. Lebron reigns supreme.
#DeathMetalMatters
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
I predict all the stars align and the Lakers make it to the finals. The grind wears on GSW of going to so many straight finals. Lebron plays no defense all year and is our scoring machine. He stays fresh for the playoffs and the Lakers get a 3 or 4 seed.

LA vs Boston, Lebron takes care of business, everybody finally claims him the GOAT after this one. Lakers luck out with Draymond injury and nagging injuries to either Durant, Curry, or Klay. CP3 and Irving gets injured once again. Lebron reigns supreme.

I like where your head is at!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are gonna make more moves to help LeBron, that was the part of agreement when LeBron agreed to join, he was promised to give all the help he can get so he can finally dethrone the Warriors.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Is it a surprise if we expect championship?
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, y’all better go watch highlights of the rest of the team and not just lebron. We are deep with talent at every position.

Rondo will make sure our bench extends leads. And everyone should be fresh for the playoffs.

Lonzo
KCP
Ingram
Lebron
Wagner

Rondo
Hart
Stephenson
Kuzma
McGee

Get stops and run will be our identity.

Kuzma will probably get 6moy with all the pass first guys we have now
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Is it a surprise if we expect championship?

No. Anything can happen once May and June roll around. The chips have to fall the exact right way, but I do not think it is out of the realm of possibility. Warriors should win the ship, I hope they don't.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 5 of 19
Jump to: