Lakers Ranking/Win Total Next Season (Vegas Sets Line @ 48.5; ESPN Predicts 41 Wins/Miss Playoffs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Many Wins/What Seed Do You See The Lakers Acheiving This Season?
A. 41 Wins or Less/Miss the Playoffs
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
B. 42-44 Wins/8th Seed
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
C. 45-49 Wins/6th to 7th Seed
16%
 16%  [ 37 ]
D. 50-55 Wins/3rd to 5th Seed
65%
 65%  [ 143 ]
E. 56 Wins or More/1st or 2nd Seed
16%
 16%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 220

Author Message
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 20883

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject:

I voted for 45-50, but the offseason is not over yet. I won't be surprised if we see one more major move of some sort.

Setting aside injuries (which are a potential game changer for every team), here are the X factors that would raise or lower my estimate:

Ball's shooting.

Ingram's development in year three.

Whether we can find some way to defend the rim.

Locker room dynamics with Rondo and Stephenson.

If all of that comes together, and if we are reasonably healthy, I could see us hitting 55 wins. If some of those things go bad, I could see us struggling for a bottom seed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSanity
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 30 Nov 2006
Posts: 31787
Location: Long Beach, California

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Removing Lebron from the equation last season and this one, I think this team is by far and away better than the team Lebron just left. Maybe less capable of winning in the playoffs (due to lack of experience), but way more talented and deep, not even close IMO. If that Cleveland team could win 50 games, surely this Lakers team can as well (even playing in a more competitive West).
_________________
LakersGround's Terms of Service
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 1723

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject:

53 wins, 7th seed

We have the good fortune of facing the Warriors in the first round. After a hard fought series, we advance in 6 games after Lance Stephenson causes KD to get suspended for a game. Lonzo averages a triple double while LBJ hits clutch shot after clutch shot in games 5 and 6.

We then have the pleasure of facing Westbrook and "Playoff P" in the 2nd round. We make quick work of them as Westbrook shoots 34 percent for the series and PG leaves staples to the chants of "YOU'RE FROM PALMDALE" (dun dun dun dun dun)

In the WCF, we are up against a Rockets team hungry to avenge for last years defeat, but we are simply too much as Brandon "sleepy boi" Ingram terrorizes their defense with drive after drive, and they become a victim of Kuzmania when Kyle leads all players in scoring with an array of driving hooks and reverse spin dunks.

In our final showdown, we are up against are long time New England nemesis as this proves to be our toughest series yet. We get a full team effort as Lebron dominates the low post, Lonzo gives Magic nostalgia with some fast break brilliance, Hart shuts down Kyrie's scoring with some flexing and stare downs, and Javale McGee is swatting everything in sight. As the confetti falls after our glorious game 6 victory at Staples, Jeanie gives a heartfelt speech about her father as Moe Wagner is awarded finals MVP. Magic then announces he's suiting up next season and Pelinka retires to shoot feature films with Rob Lowe.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 4733

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
53 wins, 7th seed

We have the good fortune of facing the Warriors in the first round. After a hard fought series, we advance in 6 games after Lance Stephenson causes KD to get suspended for a game. Lonzo averages a triple double while LBJ hits clutch shot after clutch shot in games 5 and 6.

We then have the pleasure of facing Westbrook and "Playoff P" in the 2nd round. We make quick work of them as Westbrook shoots 34 percent for the series and PG leaves staples to the chants of "YOU'RE FROM PALMDALE" (dun dun dun dun dun)

In the WCF, we are up against a Rockets team hungry to avenge for last years defeat, but we are simply too much as Brandon "sleepy boi" Ingram terrorizes their defense with drive after drive, and they become a victim of Kuzmania when Kyle leads all players in scoring with an array of driving hooks and reverse spin dunks.

In our final showdown, we are up against are long time New England nemesis as this proves to be our toughest series yet. We get a full team effort as Lebron dominates the low post, Lonzo gives Magic nostalgia with some fast break brilliance, Hart shuts down Kyrie's scoring with some flexing and stare downs, and Javale McGee is swatting everything in sight. As the confetti falls after our glorious game 6 victory at Staples, Jeanie gives a heartfelt speech about her father as Moe Wagner is awarded finals MVP. Magic then announces he's suiting up next season and Pelinka retires to shoot feature films with Rob Lowe.



And the 2018-2019 WC is anointed the greatest conference in sports history.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jun 2018
Posts: 599

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Depends on Lebron's health and if he decides to coast the regular season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jul 2012
Posts: 2439

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

I picked C because it might take some time for it to gel. That doesn't mean we won't beast in the playoffs!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 17020
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I think 55 is about where this squad will land.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OC Lakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 2401

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Barring major health issues...

53+ wins

The steady play of vets, Lebron, and increased production from the young guys should add up to a decent amount of wins.

Also, our backups are pretty good players now and not fringe nba players we as get time last year due to injuries.

No more the likes of:

Tyler Ennis, Caruso, and Wear playing a good amount of minutes should do wonders for our win/loss column. We suddenly became one of the deepest teams in the league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 8276

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

I think our young guys are going to shine this season.

I believe LeBron is going to make it a mission to showcase the talent that we have.

Another poster mentioned this in another thread....James left a 50 win team in the lesser Eastern Conference that almost guarantees him a finals spot every year, to a 35 win team in the ridiculously stacked Western Conference.

Everyone knows that the real NBA Finals are essentially the WCF. It’s going to be fun watching LBJ plow through the West, and in the process, shine a bright light on our young studs.

I for one can’t wait for the season to start.
_________________
Are You A Clippers Fan?
Are You Depressed?
Need Help?
Call Us Now at 1-800 10 10 10
That's 1-800 Won Nothing Won Nothing Won Nothing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
blackmamba08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 968
Location: Croatia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject:

I voted 45-50 but I am becoming more and more confident about this team.
One thing I really like is taht we have guys with high character and personalities.
This can go both ways for sure but if they click together this can be a really team of warriors.
_________________
K.O.B.E - King Of Basketball End of story
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 704

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:41 am    Post subject:

I voted for my low end expectation. With some growing pains that are bound to come with so many new players and the biggest FA in the world I think we get probably 48-50 wins which last season was good for anywhere between 3 and 6 seeds. We get bounced in the 2nd round. That's a 15 win improvement, nothing to be sniffed at.

High end expectation is LeBron is seamlessly integrated and the off-season acquisitions all look inspired. Nobody has much injury trouble, BI is a 20ppg guy, Lonzo shoots it better, Kuz is about what he was last year. Then we're talking a conservative 55 win season and WCF. 20 win improvement which'd rank up there with the best one year turn arounds of all time.

Also that CARMELO projection was when we still had Julius

And of course in my own very hi-tech prediction technique of simming seasons on NBA 2k18; the first year we got into the playoffs the last day of the season and went out first round. The second time I simmed it we won 52 games and swept the Celtics in the finals whilst Lonzo and LeBron went absolute beast mode on them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 31825

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:48 am    Post subject:

48 - 51 wins ; 7-5 seed.
_________________
www.trendydeckpost.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
av3773
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2011
Posts: 2977

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:58 am    Post subject:

I think we end up 3rd in the west...don't think we will be less than 5tj
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jun 2018
Posts: 599

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:14 am    Post subject:

Just remember the cavs finished 4th in the east last season...

I would say that every playoffteam in the west +nuggets were at least better than every team in the east besides potentially the cavs, raptors and celtics.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 127732
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I voted for 45-50, but the offseason is not over yet. I won't be surprised if we see one more major move of some sort.

Setting aside injuries (which are a potential game changer for every team), here are the X factors that would raise or lower my estimate:

Ball's shooting.

Ingram's development in year three.

Whether we can find some way to defend the rim.

Locker room dynamics with Rondo and Stephenson.

If all of that comes together, and if we are reasonably healthy, I could see us hitting 55 wins. If some of those things go bad, I could see us struggling for a bottom seed.


And the constant factor, health
_________________
It’s a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JohnDoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jun 2018
Posts: 128
Location: Shenzhen, China

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject:

59-23...
_________________
"Less is more."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JohnDoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jun 2018
Posts: 128
Location: Shenzhen, China

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
Depends on Lebron's health and if he decides to coast the regular season.


This coming from someone with the handle, kawhileonard. "Oh, how I love the irony."
_________________
"Less is more."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 5686

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

As currently constructed, 50-55.

Assumptions:
-Lonzo takes a step forward
-Kuz does his thing with a little more improvement
-Ingram becomes that close to 2nd star on team type.
-Lance, Rondo, Javale perform as expected. Normal career numbers, etc.
-Limited injuries

I’ll say 52 wins but they can get to 55-57 if Kuz and Ingram take huge steps towards all-star type numbers.

Hopefully, Lebron will not need to average more than 32-34 min.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mamba Mentality
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 May 2017
Posts: 564

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

3rd seed and no doubt about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Cutheon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jul 2009
Posts: 7713
Location: Bay Area

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
I voted for my low end expectation. With some growing pains that are bound to come with so many new players and the biggest FA in the world I think we get probably 48-50 wins which last season was good for anywhere between 3 and 6 seeds. We get bounced in the 2nd round. That's a 15 win improvement, nothing to be sniffed at.

High end expectation is LeBron is seamlessly integrated and the off-season acquisitions all look inspired. Nobody has much injury trouble, BI is a 20ppg guy, Lonzo shoots it better, Kuz is about what he was last year. Then we're talking a conservative 55 win season and WCF. 20 win improvement which'd rank up there with the best one year turn arounds of all time.

Also that CARMELO projection was when we still had Julius

And of course in my own very hi-tech prediction technique of simming seasons on NBA 2k18; the first year we got into the playoffs the last day of the season and went out first round. The second time I simmed it we won 52 games and swept the Celtics in the finals whilst Lonzo and LeBron went absolute beast mode on them.


Sign me up. Did we beat the Warriors? Or get lucky and not face them
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 4555
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject:

The best way to figure it out is to wait till the schedule comes out then go line by line wins and L's. I still think we are a top two in the west.

1HOU will drop with no Airza
2GS will move up maybe
3PORT got swept by nola
4OKC got beat by jazz and will lose melo
5UTAH will move up
6NOLA will drop with no Rondo he was huge that back court was killer
7SPURS will drop no parker pissed off kl
8MINNY will drop due to inside team relationships
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 4555
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
As currently constructed, 50-55.

Assumptions:
-Lonzo takes a step forward
-Kuz does his thing with a little more improvement
-Ingram becomes that close to 2nd star on team type.
-Lance, Rondo, Javale perform as expected. Normal career numbers, etc.
-Limited injuries

I’ll say 52 wins but they can get to 55-57 if Kuz and Ingram take huge steps towards all-star type numbers.

Hopefully, Lebron will not need to average more than 32-34 min.


This^^^^


Another thing I would like to point out is that when Ball got hurt we went on that losing streak. We have rondo to step up now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 8235
Location: LA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

I say 50-55. We won 35 last season with priority on developing young guys, not winning. Adding Lebron plus a focus on winning gives us at least 15 extra wins IMO.

We're not going to lose games against lottery teams anymore.
_________________
LAKERS-DODGERS-BUCCANEERS-KINGS-GALAXY-TROJANS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 2190

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

54-28....2nd seed in the West.

Houston moves down with the loses of Ariza and LRMM.

Pelicans are going to miss Rondo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 7923
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

I think that the Lakers will surprise people. I think that Rondo and Stephenson will outplay their admittedly large contracts. I think that Lebron will keep them focused and playing at their best. I think BI and Kuz will both be much improved and that Lonzo will get his shot in working order.

I think we at least will make it to the WCF.
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 7 of 19
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB