Lakers Depth Chart and Rotations/Minutes Distribution Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
So you think that our best lineup is Lebron plus the kids. Maybe, maybe not.

I do. Open to hearing arguments. Only other guys I'd consider are Rondo and KCP.

In part, it depends on how you rate the kids. There is a diversity of opinion about each of them, and there are threads dedicated to the discussion. In part, it depends on the functionality of that particular lineup, especially on defense.

The GSW lineup worked because it generated so much offense that it overcame the defensive fraility. The 82games data shows that the lineup with Green, Durant, Iggy, Thompson, and Curry was far and away their worst defensive lineup (setting aside some oddball lineups that played less than 50 minutes last year). But it generated more offense than any other lineup other than an oddball lineup that played 43 minutes. When they took that lineup and replaced Iggy with McGee, the offense barely changed, but the defense became radically superior.

Would a lineup with Lebron at center generate enough offense to overcome the defensive frailties? At this point, it's just speculation. Maybe so, but maybe not. We may find out in a couple months.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Just a passing comment here: We're all assuming that a small-ball lineup would be effective with our current roster. We don't actually know that this would be true. We don't have the same sorts of pieces as the Warriors, to put it mildly. Right now, this is just off-season exuberance.

No, we're assuming that a line-up with our 5 best players would be more effective than other line-ups.

However, I'll believe the Lebron at the 5 talk when I see it.

You can’t assume that, sometimes a team is better with only 3-4 of their best players in the lineup. Fit is much more important.

I look forward to hearing your best 5 man unit.

It won’t be before they actually play

We know. You have no original ideas of your own, you just play Monday morning QB.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
So you think that our best lineup is Lebron plus the kids. Maybe, maybe not.

I do. Open to hearing arguments. Only other guys I'd consider are Rondo and KCP.

In part, it depends on how you rate the kids. There is a diversity of opinion about each of them, and there are threads dedicated to the discussion. In part, it depends on the functionality of that particular lineup, especially on defense.

The GSW lineup worked because it generated so much offense that it overcame the defensive fraility. The 82games data shows that the lineup with Green, Durant, Iggy, Thompson, and Curry was far and away their worst defensive lineup (setting aside some oddball lineups that played less than 50 minutes last year). But it generated more offense than any other lineup other than an oddball lineup that played 43 minutes. When they took that lineup and replaced Iggy with McGee, the offense barely changed, but the defense became radically superior.

Would a lineup with Lebron at center generate enough offense to overcome the defensive frailties? At this point, it's just speculation. Maybe so, but maybe not. We may find out in a couple months.

Ya, it's August. We predict what we think will happen and then we shove our rightness in everyone's faces or get roasted for eternity.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

If Windhorst's observation that LeBron hates playing center is accurate, that flushes this idea that we play LeBron primarily at center down the toilet. At least for now.

I can respect the argument that we need to wait for the season to start to have any real idea which lineup rotations and combinations work best in a given situation. But it's August, we don't know that, and for now I'm skeptical that LeBron stationed at the 5 spot for a majority of minutes in the game is what either Lebron, Luke, or Magic want. We'll see.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
If Windhorst's observation that LeBron hates playing center is accurate, that flushes this idea that we play LeBron primarily at center down the toilet. At least for now.

I can respect the argument that we need to wait for the season to start to have any real idea which lineup rotations and combinations work best in a given situation. But it's August, we don't know that, and for now I'm skeptical that LeBron stationed at the 5 spot for a majority of minutes in the game is what either Lebron, Luke, or Magic want. We'll see.

Whether it's just theoretical or not, he will be formally asked to play "PF."

On the Cavs he started the game at "SF" with Love/Thompson as the usual combo (with some variations where he played PF). But to ask him to move up 2 positions to play center full time is just never going to happen. I don't think he'll play it more than 8-10mpg max.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject:

Mins:
32- LBJ
28- Kuz BI
24- Ball Rondo KCP Hart
20- Beasley McGee
16- Wagner

(This is based on 48 minutes at each spot not what they will average during the season since all players minutes get inflated during the year because of injuries).

Was trying to get Lance minutes in my earlier lines ups but I think Moe and Beasley's ability to shoot will indirectly takes his minutes at some point. Lance's passing is valueable and if we suffer any injuries he will soak up minutes.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Mins:
32- LBJ
28- Kuz BI
24- Ball Rondo KCP Hart
20- Beasley McGee
16- Wagner

(This is based on 48 minutes at each spot not what they will average during the season since all players minutes get inflated during the year because of injuries).

Was trying to get Lance minutes in my earlier lines ups but I think Moe and Beasley's ability to shoot will indirectly takes his minutes at some point. Lance's passing is valueable and if we suffer any injuries he will soak up minutes.

I'm really hoping Zubac can get some minutes. I think he has great potential but he needs to get on the court to show that.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Mins:
32- LBJ
28- Kuz BI
24- Ball Rondo KCP Hart
20- Beasley McGee
16- Wagner

I'm really hoping Zubac can get some minutes. I think he has great potential but he needs to get on the court to show that.

I'm not so sold on Zubac. He's a second round kinda slow non shooting center who played bad last year. I'd rather give minutes to our first round athletic shooting center instead but if Zubac explodes I won't be mad
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Mins:
32- LBJ
28- Kuz BI
24- Ball Rondo KCP Hart
20- Beasley McGee
16- Wagner

I would like Svi to get some time too (in addition to Zubac). It will be very interesting to see who comes to camp ready to play. Those that don't may have a hard time getting off the bench.

--Anonymous
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

It is nice when someone understands the limits of these projections.

--Anonymous
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Mins:
32- LBJ
28- Kuz BI
24- Ball Rondo KCP Hart
20- Beasley McGee
16- Wagner

The rookie Wagner who struggled in summer league is going to get time over Zubac... doutbful.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:02 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Lucky_Shot"]Mins:
32- LBJ
28- Kuz BI
24- Ball Rondo KCP Hart
20- Beasley McGee
16- Wagner

Was trying to get Lance minutes in my earlier lines ups but I think Moe and Beasley's ability to shoot will indirectly takes his minutes at some point. Lance's passing is valueable and if we suffer any injuries he will soak up minutes.[/quote

I’d say substitute Zubac for Wagner, and that’s pretty spot on.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject:

McGee 20
Zubac 10
Beasley 10
Lebron 32
Wagner 10
B. Ingram 26
Deng 0
Kuzma 20
Lance 18
Svi 8
Ball 26
Hart 20
KCP 20
Rondo 20
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
McGee 20
Zubac 10
Beasley 10
Lebron 32
Wagner 10
B. Ingram 26
Deng 0
Kuzma 20
Lance 18
Svi 8
Ball 26
Hart 20
KCP 20
Rondo 20

Only 20 minutes for Kuz and Hart?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Wino wrote:
McGee 20
Zubac 10
Beasley 10
Lebron 32
Wagner 10
B. Ingram 26
Deng 0
Kuzma 20
Lance 18
Svi 8
Ball 26
Hart 20
KCP 20
Rondo 20

🙈
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:10 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Wino wrote:
McGee 20
Zubac 10
Beasley 10
Lebron 32
Wagner 10
B. Ingram 26
Deng 0
Kuzma 20
Lance 18
Svi 8
Ball 26
Hart 20
KCP 20
Rondo 20

If we sacrifice Kuz/Hart minutes so that Lance can play...
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Judah wrote:
Wino wrote:
McGee 20
Zubac 10
Beasley 10
Lebron 32
Wagner 10
B. Ingram 26
Deng 0
Kuzma 20
Lance 18
Svi 8
Ball 26
Hart 20
KCP 20
Rondo 20

If we sacrifice Kuz/Hart minutes so that Lance can play...

I see this at the beginning of the year when we are trying to teach these kids how to play tough D. IF we show that we are going to go deeper with a shorter lineup, then we tighten it up, but everyone is going to be playing for minutes, early in the season. The guys who are bringing it bigger, will get more minutes as the season progresses.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

I think Kuz and Hart have already established that they need minutes and have earned it.

This is why the Lance signing perplexes me.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Reg Season

lonzo 28 rondo 20
kcp 25 hart 23
BI 30 Kuzma 8 Svi/lance 10
King 22 Kuzma 20 Beasley 4
Mcgee 12 King 10 Beasley 8 Mo 18

Playoffs

lonzo 20 rondo 28
kcp 28 hart 20
BI 30 Kuzma 8 Lance 10
King 23 Kuzma 17 Beasley 8
Mcgee 18 King 15 Mo 15
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Wino wrote:
McGee 20
Zubac 10
Beasley 10
Lebron 32
Wagner 10
B. Ingram 26
Deng 0
Kuzma 20
Lance 18
Svi 8
Ball 26
Hart 20
KCP 20
Rondo 20

would almost seem like malpractice if Kuz was only getting 20 minutes...even Hart probably has to get 22-24....somehow, someway
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Wow waiving Deng didn’t alter the minutes projections.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject:

At least no more talk about Deng at center. Sheesh.
And I'd love for LeBron to play less than 33 mpg. But why don't I see that happening? Something he hasn't done ever in his career.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject:

Lonzo - 32 / Rondo 16
KCP - 32 / Hart 16
Ingram - 30 / Lance - 8 / Hart - 12
Lebron - 20 / Kuz - 24 / Ingram - 4
McGee - 24 / Wagner (or Zu) - 12 / Lebron - 12

Basically at C McGee plays 4 stints of around 5-6 minutes at the start of quarters. Wagner plays the rest of 1st and 3rd and Lebron the rest of 2nd and 4th.

Lineups on the floor:

TO start Lonzo/KCP/Ingram/Lebron/ McGee

Ingram and Mcgee go out around 6m mark for Hart and Wagner

Lonzo/KCP/Hart/Lebron/Wagner - the lineup where Lebron gets shooters around him and is the primary ball handler

2m left in first Lebron goes out for Kuz, Lonzo for Rondo and Lance for KCP

Rondo/Hart/Lance/Kuz/ Wagner - Kuz gets heavy usage

Start of second McGee comes back for Wagner.

Rondo/Hart/Lance/Kuz/Mcgee - Rondo and McGee pick and roll (would like Svi to replace Lance as the season goes along so you have 3 shooters playing off Rondo and McGee)

10m left in the 2nd Ingram comes for Lance

Rondo/Hart/Ingram/Kuz/Mcgee - our best lineup without Lebron. you can play through Ingram or Kuz or the Rondo/McGee pick and roll

6m left Lebron, Lonzo KCP come for Mcgee, Kuz, Rondo

Lonzo/KCP/Hart/Ingram/Lebron - small lineup with great offensive rating

4m in the 2nd left Kuz comes for Hart

Lonzo/KCP/Ingram/Kuz/Lebron - closing lineup

Similar rotation in the 3rd and 4th quarters, just that rondo will close some games over Lonzo so he will get around 22 minutes when Lonzo does not have it.

So even if rondo and Kuz get lower minutes compared to other guys, they would get high usage during that time
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

Rondo -28, Ball -24
KCP -24, Hart -24
Ingram -30, Stephenson -14
LBJ -34, Beasley -14
McGee -20, Kuzma, 28
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

h2omike wrote:
Wow waiving Deng didn’t alter the minutes projections.

epak wrote:
At least no more talk about Deng at center. Sheesh.
And I'd love for LeBron to play less than 33 mpg. But why don't I see that happening? Something he hasn't done ever in his career.

I was hoping the same thing. It is highly unlikely that the Lakers will win a ring this year so there is no reason to run Lebron into the ground. It makes some sense to invest in developing the young core and giving Lebron some time to rest and prepare for the playoffs.

--Anonymous
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21
Jump to: