Lakers Depth Chart and Rotations/Minutes Distribution Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

I think Lonzo, kcp, LeBron and Ingram will all be over 30 minutes per game If they stay healthy.

Also wouldn't be surprised if Zubac plays around 20 minutes per game out of necessity
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
h2omike wrote:
Wow waiving Deng didn’t alter the minutes projections.

epak wrote:
At least no more talk about Deng at center. Sheesh.
And I'd love for LeBron to play less than 33 mpg. But why don't I see that happening? Something he hasn't done ever in his career.

I was hoping the same thing. It is highly unlikely that the Lakers will win a ring this year so there is no reason to run Lebron into the ground. It makes some sense to invest in developing the young core and giving Lebron some time to rest and prepare for the playoffs.

Do you see LeBron resting on average 4 minutes a quarter?
lastdodobird
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:40 am    Post subject: Our rotation for the season?

Has anyone given thought has to what our high-level 48-minute rotation is going to be for majority of the season? Because outside of the PG position, nothing is straightforward. Center is a headache. We have multiple versatile wings.

How do you feel like the rotation is going to play out?
lastdodobird
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

I personally don't know how some of you are pulling out the numbers you're pulling out, because I've been trying to:

- project good minutes for our young core
- while trying to field lineups that make sense
- and not rendering the vets we just signed as obsolete

and it's fvcking difficult man... I don't know how Luke is gonna make his rotations work.

Just take this for example. In the 2k19 MyLeague settings, you can set a very detailed rotation for your team and I've been trying to plot the rotation for these Lakers there (and then simulate it) and this is the best I could come up with so far.

NBA 2K19 MyLeague Rotation Projection

- PG is the easiest position to project. Rondo and Lonzo sharing PG duties is pretty straightforward.

- At SG you're looking at KCP, Hart, and Lance, with Lance getting limited minutes especially since he might play limited minutes at SF as well.

- At SF you've got BI, Lebron, Beasley, and Lance with BI getting the lion's share at that spot.

- At PF you've got Lebron, Beasley, and Kuzma with Lebron getting the lion's share in that spot. I don't know how Kuzma gets close to the same minutes he got last season considering Lebron is there.

- Center position is a clusterfvck. Javale will probably get somewhere around the low-20s in terms of minutes. Zubac is gonna be his backup. Other minutes will be filled in by Wagner, and maybe Lebron and Beasley when the Lakers try running a small ball lineup. Maybe.

Can anyone suggest improvements to this plotted out rotation? How do you see things shaking out?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject:

lastdodobird wrote:
I personally don't know how some of you are pulling out the numbers you're pulling out, because I've been trying to:

- project good minutes for our young core
- while trying to field lineups that make sense
- and not rendering the vets we just signed as obsolete

and it's fvcking difficult man... I don't know how Luke is gonna make his rotations work.

Just take this for example. In the 2k19 MyLeague settings, you can set a very detailed rotation for your team and I've been trying to plot the rotation for these Lakers there (and then simulate it) and this is the best I could come up with so far.

NBA 2K19 MyLeague Rotation Projection

- PG is the easiest position to project. Rondo and Lonzo sharing PG duties is pretty straightforward.

- At SG you're looking at KCP, Hart, and Lance, with Lance getting limited minutes especially since he might play limited minutes at SF as well.

- At SF you've got BI, Lebron, Beasley, and Lance with BI getting the lion's share at that spot.

- At PF you've got Lebron, Beasley, and Kuzma with Lebron getting the lion's share in that spot. I don't know how Kuzma gets close to the same minutes he got last season considering Lebron is there.

- Center position is a clusterfvck. Javale will probably get somewhere around the low-20s in terms of minutes. Zubac is gonna be his backup. Other minutes will be filled in by Wagner, and maybe Lebron and Beasley when the Lakers try running a small ball lineup. Maybe.

Can anyone suggest improvements to this plotted out rotation? How do you see things shaking out?

So LeBron's primarily a 4 now? That's one hell of a sale's job Magic did on him.

Sign here for 4 years to primarily play a position he's been opposed to playing his entire career.
lastdodobird
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

Well if you're going to play Lebron as a 3, where are you going to put Ingram?

Although the point is that between Ingram and Lebron, that's probably around 60-65 forward minutes already. Only 30-35 forward minutes will be left for other guys and people are predicting Kuzma to play close to as much he was playing last year? I just don't think that's possible with Beasley and Lance also in the picture and some other people also wanting Wagner and Svi to be in the picture too.
Ryan1973
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject:

lastdodobird wrote:

Although the point is that between Ingram and Lebron, that's probably around 60-65 forward minutes already. Only 30-35 forward minutes will be left for other guys and people are predicting Kuzma to play close to as much he was playing last year? I just don't think that's possible with Beasley and Lance also in the picture and some other people also wanting Wagner and Svi to be in the picture too.

That's why I think you will see a lot of small ball with Lebron at the 5, Kuzma at the 4, and Ingram at the 3. Kuzma will get his minutes.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

lastdodobird wrote:

Ingram wasn't just recently acquired. All of this would have been discussed with LeBron before he signed. You don't just tell LeBron he's going to be a 4 now. You ask him if he's ok with primarily playing the 4 this year and maybe for the rest of his career.

So, my point is, if he's primarily a 4 now, that's one hell of a sales job by Magic to get him to agree to it.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

GT was saying on Locked on Lakers that the Lakers could throw Kuz out at the 2 since it’s all positionless and since Kuz can defend the perimeter. Granted, I think it was during their “Hot Take” segment so he was asked to throw something out there. But Kuz at the 2 would add a lot more fire power.

Sorry if I got any or all of that wrong GT. I was driving home at 3 am listening to the show. I could have messed that up.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

Ryan1973 wrote:
lastdodobird wrote:

That's why I think you will see a lot of small ball with Lebron at the 5, Kuzma at the 4, and Ingram at the 3. Kuzma will get his minutes.

Ok offensively but we would sacrifice defense and rebounding.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject:

I still think my fav line up will be:

Hart
KCP
BI
Kuz
LBJ

Our 4 best shooters around LBJ would be hard for any team to stop us from getting buckets
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
GT was saying on Locked on Lakers that the Lakers could throw Kuz out at the 2 since it’s all positionless and since Kuz can defend the perimeter. Granted, I think it was during their “Hot Take” segment so he was asked to throw something out there. But Kuz at the 2 would add a lot more fire power.

Sorry if I got any or all of that wrong GT. I was driving home at 3 am listening to the show. I could have messed that up.

If they were gonna do that, it'd make a lot more sense to put Ingram at the 2, LBJ 3, Kuz 4
but, I'm not suggesting that as a starting lineup - just a situational one
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
I still think my fav line up will be:

Hart
KCP
BI
Kuz
LBJ

Our 4 best shooters around LBJ would be hard for any team to stop us from getting buckets

Svi is the best shooter on the Lakers.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject:

I have the feeling that Svi will get some limited situational minutes to start the season, especially ones where LeBron is the primary facilitator, and quietly those units will do very well. By the end of the year, that could turn into a real role.

People say politics may work against him because there are vets that expect minutes. But normally that's an issue when said vets are on either multi-year or sizable deals (or both). In this case LA has a vested interest in developing Svi who is under contract for three years and stays even in a scenario that they sign a player like KD.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject:

Lonzo . Rondo . Bonga
Hart . Svi . Alex
Kawhi . Lance
LeBron . Kuzma . Beasley
McGee . Wagner . Bynum?

Looks good to me.
That defensive starting unit. Woo!

I think KCPs minutes will shrink as Josh will start and we'll see Rondo and Lonzo on the floor at the same time as well. Which will allow KCP to welcome a trade to a team where he can get minutes to raise his value as an upcoming free agent.
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Lonzo . Rondo . Bonga
Hart . Svi . Alex
Kawhi . Lance
LeBron . Kuzma . Beasley
McGee . Wagner . Bynum?

Looks good to me.

I think KCPs minutes will shrink as Josh will start and we'll see Rondo and Lonzo on the floor at the same time as well. Which will allow KCP to welcome a trade to a team where he can get minutes to raise his value as an upcoming free agent.

Where kawhi come from So Ingram and kcp would be gone
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Lonzo . Rondo . Bonga
Hart . Svi . Alex
Kawhi . Lance
LeBron . Kuzma . Beasley
McGee . Wagner . Bynum?

Looks good to me.

holy (bleep), some of you look to get rid of Ingram on every (bleep) post possible.

He's on the roster, this thread is for minute predictions for this season. FOH with that disrespectful (bleep), Kawhi is a Raptor and INgram is a Laker.

Quote:

One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!

ofcourse.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
epak wrote:
Lonzo . Rondo . Bonga
Hart . Svi . Alex
Kawhi . Lance
LeBron . Kuzma . Beasley
McGee . Wagner . Bynum?

Looks good to me.

holy (bleep), some of you look to get rid of Ingram on every (bleep) post possible.

He's on the roster, this thread is for minute predictions for this season. FOH with that disrespectful (bleep), Kawhi is a Raptor and INgram is a Laker.

Quote:

ofcourse.

Hmm. Every post? I doubt it. But I can try if you really want.
I have hopes for BI. But it doesn't mean I can't dream.

Last edited by epak on Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
epak wrote:
Lonzo . Rondo . Bonga
Hart . Svi . Alex
Kawhi . Lance
LeBron . Kuzma . Beasley
McGee . Wagner . Bynum?

Looks good to me.

Quote:

ofcourse.

One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players.

I hope they trade whoever your favorite player is straight to the Charlotte Hornets.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
epak wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
epak wrote:
Lonzo . Rondo . Bonga
Hart . Svi . Alex
Kawhi . Lance
LeBron . Kuzma . Beasley
McGee . Wagner . Bynum?

Looks good to me.

Quote:

ofcourse.

I hope they trade whoever your favorite player is straight to the Charlotte Hornets.

Good for you. But I'm on the side that want's the team to be better. So if you think it'll make the team better, I'm all for it. So who do you want to trade Lebron for?
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
epak wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
epak wrote:
Lonzo . Rondo . Bonga
Hart . Svi . Alex
Kawhi . Lance
LeBron . Kuzma . Beasley
McGee . Wagner . Bynum?

Looks good to me.

Quote:

ofcourse.

Good for you. But I'm on the side that want's the team to be better. So if you think it'll make the team better, I'm all for it. So who do you want to trade Lebron for?

Malik Monk.

We need shooters anyways
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
epak wrote:

Malik Monk.

We need shooters anyways

Doesn't seem to work in the trade machine.
You need more money from the Hornets side.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
epak wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
epak wrote:
Lonzo . Rondo . Bonga
Hart . Svi . Alex
Kawhi . Lance
LeBron . Kuzma . Beasley
McGee . Wagner . Bynum?

Looks good to me.

Quote:

ofcourse.

3 team trade for AD and Kawhi or we hang up. Some people would rather keep Ingram than have the best team in the league. Your trade is actually a possibility come the deadline if the Raptors are underperforming and we add a few 1sts.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
epak wrote:

Malik Monk.

We need shooters anyways

Doesn't seem to work in the trade machine.
You need more money from the Hornets side.

Nicolas Batum
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
epak wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
epak wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
epak wrote:
Lonzo . Rondo . Bonga
Hart . Svi . Alex
Kawhi . Lance
LeBron . Kuzma . Beasley
McGee . Wagner . Bynum?

Looks good to me.

Quote:

ofcourse.

3 team trade for AD and Kawhi or we hang up. Some people would rather keep Ingram than have the best team in the league. Your trade is actually a possibility come the deadline if the Raptors are underperforming and we add a few 1sts.

or maybe we're just sick of seeing Ingram trades in so many threads, this is literally a minute prediction for this season and dude is making up random scenarios getting rid of Ingram with a signature that says "one more trade to get rid of the old regime".

You'd have the same reaction if that (bleep) happened with Lonzo
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21
Jump to: