Lakers Depth Chart and Rotations/Minutes Distribution Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
textbook
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Mar 2015
Posts: 886

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

Kuz is going to get a lot of time. I could see him sliding into the starters by the start of the season at the 3

Lonzo / Rondo / Lance
Ingram / KCP / Lance
Kuzma / Hart / Lance
Lebron / Beasley
Mcgee / zub-wag
_________________
Ball / Rondo / AC / Bonga
KCP / Hart / Svi
Ingram / Lance / Wear
Lebron / Kuzma / Beasley / Deng
McGee / Wagner / Zubac
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 28302

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Kuz is going to get a lot of time. I could see him sliding into the starters by the start of the season at the 3

Lonzo / Rondo / Lance
Ingram / KCP / Lance
Kuzma / Hart / Lance
Lebron / Beasley
Mcgee / zub-wag


I'm will to bet you LG accounts that Kuzma doesn't start at 3 and Ingram doesn't start at 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 7905

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject:

^ not going out on a limb there
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 28302

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
^ not going out on a limb there


I like winning
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 5661
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
textbook wrote:
Kuz is going to get a lot of time. I could see him sliding into the starters by the start of the season at the 3

Lonzo / Rondo / Lance
Ingram / KCP / Lance
Kuzma / Hart / Lance
Lebron / Beasley
Mcgee / zub-wag


I'm will to bet you LG accounts that Kuzma doesn't start at 3 and Ingram doesn't start at 2


If not for Beasley, Kuz would be playing more 5 than 3. Sliding up in position usually helps your team efficiency, not the other way around.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
textbook
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Mar 2015
Posts: 886

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
^ not going out on a limb there


I like winning


Not that far fetched and no it doesn’t make us “worse”. Are you saying Ingram can’t play the 2? Kuzma the 3? Because if kuzma becomes the man next season you can bet he’s going to start at some point. Maybe lebron plays the 3 and kuz slides right into the 4.
_________________
Ball / Rondo / AC / Bonga
KCP / Hart / Svi
Ingram / Lance / Wear
Lebron / Kuzma / Beasley / Deng
McGee / Wagner / Zubac
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26091
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
defense wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
^ not going out on a limb there


I like winning


Not that far fetched and no it doesn’t make us “worse”. Are you saying Ingram can’t play the 2? Kuzma the 3? Because if kuzma becomes the man next season you can bet he’s going to start at some point. Maybe lebron plays the 3 and kuz slides right into the 4.


I would say Ingram is better @ the #3 than he is at the #2, and he is better than Kuzma @ the #3. I would also say that Kuzma is better at the #4 than he is at the #3....and finally, with Lebron James on the team, there is about a 0% chance Kuzma becomes "the man" on the Lakers next season.
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
1ngr4m
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Dec 2011
Posts: 5262

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject:

At this point in his stage I like Lebron at the 4 more then the 3, I also think Ingram is better at the 3 while Kuzma is better at the 4.

I also think Ingram is better on the defensive side then Kuzma quite easily. I also think that we need a perimeter defender like Ingram starting next to Bron more then we need a shooter at the 4 assuming Lonzo/(Hart/KCP) can shoot.
_________________
Did Jordan Clarkson think Metta's 3 at the end was going in? "I don't know. He was shaking like a stripper in the corner."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 15937

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:

I'm really curious to see how the minute distribution ends up looking like

LeBron
Ingram
KCP
Ball
Kuzma
Rondo
Hart
McGee
Lance
Beasley
Zu

Mainly curious to see what do we do at the C position for 48MPG? I have faith in Zu so my rotation would probably look like

Zu-24/McGee-14/LeBron-10
LeBron-24/Kuzma-24
Ingram-32/Lance or Beasley-10/Kuz-6
KCP-28/Hart-20
Ball-28/Rondo-20

That would leave Lance or Beasley out of the rotation and the other only getting around 10MPG when everyone is healthy.
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26091
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I'm really curious to see how the minute distribution ends up looking like

LeBron
Ingram
KCP
Ball
Kuzma
Rondo
Hart
McGee
Lance
Beasley
Zu

Mainly curious to see what do we do at the C position for 48MPG? I have faith in Zu so my rotation would probably look like

Zu-24/McGee-14/LeBron-10
LeBron-24/Kuzma-24
Ingram-32/Lance or Beasley-10/Kuz-6
KCP-28/Hart-20
Ball-28/Rondo-20

That would leave Lance or Beasley out of the rotation and the other only getting around 10MPG when everyone is healthy.


I think Luke will try to keep both in rotation as much as possible.....neither are guys you want in locker room and setting on bench if they are not focused/engaged.
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jun 2018
Posts: 599

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject:

I would bet that we do not start what everyone wants here in.

ZO
Ingram
Legm
Tatum
Center...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 15937

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
I'm really curious to see how the minute distribution ends up looking like

LeBron
Ingram
KCP
Ball
Kuzma
Rondo
Hart
McGee
Lance
Beasley
Zu

Mainly curious to see what do we do at the C position for 48MPG? I have faith in Zu so my rotation would probably look like

Zu-24/McGee-14/LeBron-10
LeBron-24/Kuzma-24
Ingram-32/Lance or Beasley-10/Kuz-6
KCP-28/Hart-20
Ball-28/Rondo-20

That would leave Lance or Beasley out of the rotation and the other only getting around 10MPG when everyone is healthy.


I think Luke will try to keep both in rotation as much as possible.....neither are guys you want in locker room and setting on bench if they are not focused/engaged.

I agree. The only other guy you can take out of the rotation is Zu and they would leave a big void minute wise at the C position. Beasley and his lack of defense should not be an option for small ball 5.
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 15937

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Zu in games played over 20 minutes in his 2 seasons (16 games)

12.25 ponts
7 Reb
1 blk
25MPG
56FG%

If the reports are true and Zu is improving his physical conditioning, I believe he will be able to handle the staring C position for 20-24MPG.
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Jul 2018
Posts: 146

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Zu in games played over 20 minutes in his 2 seasons (16 games)

12.25 ponts
7 Reb
1 blk
25MPG
56FG%

If the reports are true and Zu is improving his physical conditioning, I believe he will be able to handle the staring C position for 20-24MPG.


Zu did well with IT, maybe he has a similar sort of production alongside Bron and Rondo who are pretty good at the PnR game.

Zo and Zu fit is a weird one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 26091
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject:

kawhileonard wrote:
I would bet that we do not start what everyone wants here in.

ZO
Ingram
Legm
Tatum
Center...


I am confident that we are not starting Tatum...
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wino
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jun 2002
Posts: 9299
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo / Rondo / Lance / Hart
KCP / Hart / Lance / Ingram
Kuzma / Lance / Ingram
Lebron / Ingram / Beasley
Mcgee / Zu / Beasley
_________________
I support Magic and Rob!!

Never argue with stupid people! They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!! - Twain

And Vecsey is the most stupid of them all!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 32376
Location: Torrance

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I'm really curious to see how the minute distribution ends up looking like

LeBron
Ingram
KCP
Ball
Kuzma
Rondo
Hart
McGee
Lance
Beasley
Zu

Mainly curious to see what do we do at the C position for 48MPG? I have faith in Zu so my rotation would probably look like

Zu-24/McGee-14/LeBron-10
LeBron-24/Kuzma-24
Ingram-32/Lance or Beasley-10/Kuz-6
KCP-28/Hart-20
Ball-28/Rondo-20

That would leave Lance or Beasley out of the rotation and the other only getting around 10MPG when everyone is healthy.


I think Hart's the guy who probably gets pinched, more out of seniority than anything.
_________________
Smash-mouth basketball - Officially Dead (2014-2017)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
watchME
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 May 2011
Posts: 3276

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Kuz is going to get a lot of time. I could see him sliding into the starters by the start of the season at the 3

Lonzo / Rondo / Lance
Ingram / KCP / Lance
Kuzma / Hart / Lance
Lebron / Beasley
Mcgee / zub-wag


I like this to start the season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
watchME
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 May 2011
Posts: 3276

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Zu in games played over 20 minutes in his 2 seasons (16 games)

12.25 ponts
7 Reb
1 blk
25MPG
56FG%

If the reports are true and Zu is improving his physical conditioning, I believe he will be able to handle the staring C position for 20-24MPG.


I think we should sign Zu to a cheap 4-year contract. I think he will be really good once his body gets up to speed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 23079

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Channing Frye likes Zu. I wonder what he saw in practice.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊
One more trade to get rid of the old regime's players!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jun 2018
Posts: 599

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:58 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
kawhileonard wrote:
I would bet that we do not start what everyone wants here in.

ZO
Ingram
Legm
Tatum
Center...


I am confident that we are not starting Tatum...


True dat. meant Kuzma.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jul 2002
Posts: 3832
Location: A-T-L-A-N-T-A

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject:

The Warriors had 5 guys average over 25 minutes, the other guys all played in the teens. That includes Bell, West, Pachulia, Young, Looney and Livingston. McGee averaged almost 10 minutes a game. That's twelve guys getting minutes, I would expect the Lakers would take the same approach. I think the top 5 in minutes will be.

Ingram
Ball
KCP
Kuzma
LeBron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Posts: 681

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: End of the game lineup

I just looked at some stats and we don't really have a lot of clutch players in the team.

Clutch Time: During the 4th quarter or overtime, with less than five minutes remaining, and neither team ahead by more than five points

All have bad Ft%

Lebron .549 fg% .615 ft%
Beasley .458 fg% .750 ft%
Rondo .688 fg% .400 ft%

Zo .400 fg% .208 ft%
Kuz .386 fg% .600 ft%
BI .343 fg% .778 ft%
Hart .400 fg% .455 ft%
Pope .395 fg% .571 ft%
Lance .381 fg% 1.000 ft%

2 of our clutch player last year are gone
Randle .576 fg% .571 ft% (replaced by Lebron)
Lopez .455 fg% .833 ft%

Unless our young core step up this year we don't have a reliable ft% shooter in the team

My best close out lineup base on stats:

PG Rondo
SG Lance
SF Bi
PF Beasley
C Lebron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93607
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

I think we may see non-PG lineups closing:

Hart
KCP
BI
Kuz
LBJ

LBJ/BI orchestrate the offense, and a bunch of shooters out there.
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Posts: 681

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think we may see non-PG lineups closing:

Hart
KCP
BI
Kuz
LBJ

LBJ/BI orchestrate the offense, and a bunch of shooters out there.


Need Beasley there IMO, very good shooter fg & ft, bad def though big question mark. Rondo is also clutch Fg wise, just cant shoot ft like everyone on our current roster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 14 of 21
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB