THANK YOUJAVALE MCGEE!!! (Traded to Cleveland)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

RJBaca wrote:
If he keeps this up we may start hearing comparisons to past Laker bigs.

Bynum intimidated people in the middle but didn't have the speed to get to the shots McGee does.
Kareem affected plenty of shots but didn't have the physicality to prevent drives.
Elmore Smith, who was traded for Kareem, was the last guy who threw this many shots, this regularly, and intimidated guys from returning to the paint.
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

rebirth wrote:
Mcgee has been a real surprise. I love what he is bringing. I also think Lance Stephenson has been great as well.

McGee, Stephenson and Rondo are proving to be really great additions. Hopefully Chandler can bring something as well.

DaMuleRules, 2 Sept 2017
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

RJBaca wrote:
rebirth wrote:
Mcgee has been a real surprise. I love what he is bringing. I also think Lance Stephenson has been great as well.

McGee, Stephenson and Rondo are proving to be really great additions. Hopefully Chandler can bring something as well.

Unfortunate Beasley couldn’t add anything to this team, I think KCP will eventually start putting up solid games.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
RJBaca wrote:

Bynum intimidated people in the middle but didn't have the speed to get to the shots McGee does.
Kareem affected plenty of shots but didn't have the physicality to prevent drives.
Elmore Smith, who was traded for Kareem, was the last guy who threw this many shots, this regularly, and intimidated guys from returning to the paint.

Elmore Smith? I'm impressed with not only the fact that you remember his name, but his game as well. Kareem was an athletic marvel. I'm sure I'm in the minority but he's still the first player I would take over everyone I've ever seen in their prime years.

I missed Wilt's peak years, but I followed KAJ from UCLA, to the Bucks, to the Lakers. Man oh man what this 7'2 stud could do at 22, 23, etc.,
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject:

He deserves a lot more than the vet min. If he keeps up this play hopefully he can cash in this summer and get a nice contract.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Mcgee leads the team in blocks and 3 point percentage

lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
RJBaca wrote:

Elmore Smith? I'm impressed with not only the fact that you remember his name, but his game as well. Kareem was an athletic marvel. I'm sure I'm in the minority but he's still the first player I would take over everyone I've ever seen in their prime years.

I missed Wilt's peak years, but I followed KAJ from UCLA, to the Bucks, to the Lakers. Man oh man what this 7'2 stud could do at 22, 23, etc.,

I saw Kareem from his 2nd (championship) season. Imo, he or Wilt were the best ever. Things they did when they were young were amazing.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Did McGee stop playing in the 2nd half or he was sent to the lockers?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

There was no benefit to bringing him back in. It looked like an injury was waiting to happen on a few plays. Good to call it a night for him and not risk injury, because the Lakers are really screwed if he misses time.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
chantruong wrote:

There was no benefit to bringing him back in. It looked like an injury was waiting to happen on a few plays. Good to call it a night for him and not risk injury, because the Lakers are really screwed if he misses time.

Alright good news. That game was lost from the start. Hopefully we can keep him healthy for most of the year.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
I am old enough to remember his mother as a basketball player at USC.

Along with her sister and Cheryl Miller, they were super tight.

Love what JaVale is bringing to the team, in my opinion he is exceeding expectations and doing a great job.

LakerLanny, I'm also old enough to remember them as well. Do you remember the name Anita Ortega from back in the day? She played for UCLA around that time. We went to high school together. She went on to become a captain w/LAPD.

Also, I have to mildly disagree with those who think McGee has a chance to win the Most Improved Player award. I've always liked him. I think he played this well last year. He's not exceeding my expectations at all.

The difference is the Lakers need him to perform as he has, whereas GS has the firepower of a small army.

I do remember her, great player and quite an accomplished woman.

I googled her after I saw your post and found this where she did a UCLA Commencement Address:

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/anita-ortega-to-deliver-ucla-college-commencement-address
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/JaValeMcGee/status/1059325619463311360

I love McGee man, dude isn’t afraid of admitting a bad game, I hope he goes on a great run after that Ibaka embarrassment, dude took the game last night to heart.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Javale McGee @JaValeMcGee

15/17 damn.... my bad wont happen again...

I love McGee.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Javale needs to stick to dunking. His floaters or anything outside of 3ft are looking pretty bad this year.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

I do sense McGee starting to regress to the mean. Not as spectacular as at the start of the season. At least now we have Tyson to back him up.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

Didn't like his defense at all this game, offensively he was OK, juts missed a few shots he sould have make...
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject:

The hype has shifted from him to Chandler. Maybe he is a bit depressed about it
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject:

With the energy Javale plays with when he's on the court and the dramatic increase in minutes, I'm not surprised he would come out flat on a back-to-back. That's why I'm so glad we got Tyson so they can back each other up.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:30 pm    Post subject:

He's playing like Wilt out there. Fly swatting ball, snatching down rebounds and dunking. He is super athletic. He has good genes. His Mom was a pro basketball player.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Dude took his asthma pump mid game, having Chandler sub in n out seamlessly allows both bigs to go 110% at all time
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject:

The back to back had some effect on him missing those cheapie bunnies yesterday, I’m expecting him to have a big game on Wednesday which should be normal since McGee has looked amazing in both games against Portland.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Bill Oram
@billoram

Tyson Chandler said upon arriving in LA he pulled JaVale aside to say he wasn’t here to take his job.

JaVale was asked if he remembered that convo? “No.”
Surprised TC has gelled so quickly. “No.”
How’s your chemistry with him? “Cool.”
Any awkwardness? “No.”
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Bill Oram
@billoram

Tyson Chandler said upon arriving in LA he pulled JaVale aside to say he wasn’t here to take his job.

Any awkwardness? “No.”

Uh oh. Luke should’ve probably not benched him so quickly for a guy who’s been on the team for a week. Chandler has been great, but this could’ve been easily avoidable with a little patience.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
I am old enough to remember his mother as a basketball player at USC.

Along with her sister and Cheryl Miller, they were super tight.

Love what JaVale is bringing to the team, in my opinion he is exceeding expectations and doing a great job.

LakerLanny, I'm also old enough to remember them as well. Do you remember the name Anita Ortega from back in the day? She played for UCLA around that time. We went to high school together. She went on to become a captain w/LAPD.

Also, I have to mildly disagree with those who think McGee has a chance to win the Most Improved Player award. I've always liked him. I think he played this well last year. He's not exceeding my expectations at all.

The difference is the Lakers need him to perform as he has, whereas GS has the firepower of a small army.

I do remember her, great player and quite an accomplished woman.

I googled her after I saw your post and found this where she did a UCLA Commencement Address:

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/anita-ortega-to-deliver-ucla-college-commencement-address

Ah, cool. I told her at our all 70's class reunion that I had a crush on her in HS. We laughed because I told her that I tried to approach her one time but she was always such a serious and no nonsense lady. I wasn't surprised she became a cop. Thanks for posting.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Bill Oram
@billoram

Any awkwardness? “No.”

Uh oh. Luke should’ve probably not benched him so quickly for a guy who’s been on the team for a week. Chandler has been great, but this could’ve been easily avoidable with a little patience.

But the veteran wanted to assure McGee that he was coming in to support all the Lakers.

"For me, I try to make it, it's not about me and him," Chandler said. "I am not here to take anybody's job. I am here to try to make the team better. My hope is to make his job easier, so he stays fresh so he can play throughout the year and give us the type of minutes that he's giving -- as well as me. The goal is for us to help each other, not go against each other."

McGee shared the sentiment when asked about any drop-off when subbing out for Chandler.

"He's damn near the same player I am," McGee said. "I fit in pretty [good], so I figure [he] will too."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 26 of 44
Jump to: