OFFICIAL JAVALE MCGEE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 8187
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
*Avery Bradley believes JaVale McGee is playing at a First-Team All-Defense level

https://clutchpoints.com/avery-bradley-believes-javale-mcgee-is-playing-at-a-first-team-all-defense-level/

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/10/21/20925588/lakers-news-avery-bradley-javale-mcgee-all-defensive-first-team


Awesome! Mutual admiration society.
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 106833

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

For 4m a year (I think that's what he got), he's meeting our expectations.

Expect to see a lot of big to big (AD to JAV) alley oops this year.
_________________
Please save us Darren.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kava
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Posts: 2052

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject:

JAV is already a pretty good 5 - but can you imagine if he ever added a 3 point shot with his ability to roll off screens and rim protect?

I guess he'd have to sign for more than 4mm a year right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 11802

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
JAV is already a pretty good 5 - but can you imagine if he ever added a 3 point shot with his ability to roll off screens and rim protect?

I guess he'd have to sign for more than 4mm a year right?

ill be happy with a reliable 12 footer
_________________
(bleep) Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 29509
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

I want to see McGee posterize Harrell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kava
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Posts: 2052

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I want to see McGee posterize Harrell


All those years watching Zubac get lost on help defense...lol

AD vs. Harrell 1 v 1 iso play will be our advantage. The moment Zub gets lost in his slow to react help defense AD hits JAV for a lob.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 135845
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
For 4m a year (I think that's what he got), he's meeting our expectations.

Expect to see a lot of big to big (AD to JAV) alley oops this year.


Heโ€™s a bargain at that price
_________________
Lennon lives
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 14395

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

Can't let Zubac Shakur score on you on back to back layup McGee!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Dec 2018
Posts: 116

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

I know, only 2 games, but....I hope coaching staffs figure out a way to get Javale going. He's not contributing, playing like his head is not in the game, or he's not thinking about the game etc.

Kinda like KCP - you see both of them running around a lot, but when you look at the stat line, they haven't done much of anything.

The effort for rebound is not there. He seems to get pushed around and lost a lot of contested rebounds. Unlike KCP though (proven himself to be worthless over the SO MANY years we've had him), I expect Javale to get better. We need him to be a threat, limited minutes yes, but 2 points 3 rebound per game is not going to cut it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 8187
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

Javale is pouting. Just like he did last season when Zubac was getting minutes. Not a good look.
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 34126

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Javale is pouting. Just like he did last season when Zubac was getting minutes. Not a good look.


When? His post game interview seemed like he was about the winning?
_________________
๐Ÿ‘Š Los Angeles Lakers ๐Ÿ‘Š

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2008
Posts: 3717
Location: SFV

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
I know, only 2 games, but....I hope coaching staffs figure out a way to get Javale going. He's not contributing, playing like his head is not in the game, or he's not thinking about the game etc.

Kinda like KCP - you see both of them running around a lot, but when you look at the stat line, they haven't done much of anything.

The effort for rebound is not there. He seems to get pushed around and lost a lot of contested rebounds. Unlike KCP though (proven himself to be worthless over the SO MANY years we've had him), I expect Javale to get better. We need him to be a threat, limited minutes yes, but 2 points 3 rebound per game is not going to cut it.


and after 2 games last season, folks here were (very seriously) projecting him to be DPOY. javale has been the same player his whole career. this is what happens when you put him next to a player of dwightโ€™s quality. this is what happens when you elevate standards. if he thinks he can pout his way to more minutes this season, he better think again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 5430
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

He looked so go good last year, I wonder why he is so flat this year?
_________________
LAKERS 2019-2020: Let's do this...the Lakers are back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 8187
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Javale is pouting. Just like he did last season when Zubac was getting minutes. Not a good look.


When? His post game interview seemed like he was about the winning?


It was most apparent in the Jazz game when he did not play in the second half. Shot of Dwight coming off the court and sitting next to him, he did not even acknowledge that DH was there.

I think Javale can play, I like his shot blocking, but I don't think he is really a big minute player. There were stories going around last season that Zu was traded because Javale was complaining to management about getting less minutes due to Zu's good play. I just want him to be fine with what ever role he is playing- DH seems to finally be at peace with his role and now I kinda see Javale being a bit of a prima dona like DH used to be.
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 34126

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
epak wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Javale is pouting. Just like he did last season when Zubac was getting minutes. Not a good look.


When? His post game interview seemed like he was about the winning?


It was most apparent in the Jazz game when he did not play in the second half. Shot of Dwight coming off the court and sitting next to him, he did not even acknowledge that DH was there.

I think Javale can play, I like his shot blocking, but I don't think he is really a big minute player. There were stories going around last season that Zu was traded because Javale was complaining to management about getting less minutes due to Zu's good play. I just want him to be fine with what ever role he is playing- DH seems to finally be at peace with his role and now I kinda see Javale being a bit of a prima dona like DH used to be.



https://youtu.be/Jcsr3esJM9w

2:32 mark, you can see McGee on the bench pouting.
_________________
๐Ÿ‘Š Los Angeles Lakers ๐Ÿ‘Š

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 20889
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
epak wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Javale is pouting. Just like he did last season when Zubac was getting minutes. Not a good look.


When? His post game interview seemed like he was about the winning?


It was most apparent in the Jazz game when he did not play in the second half. Shot of Dwight coming off the court and sitting next to him, he did not even acknowledge that DH was there.

I think Javale can play, I like his shot blocking, but I don't think he is really a big minute player. There were stories going around last season that Zu was traded because Javale was complaining to management about getting less minutes due to Zu's good play. I just want him to be fine with what ever role he is playing- DH seems to finally be at peace with his role and now I kinda see Javale being a bit of a prima dona like DH used to be.



https://youtu.be/Jcsr3esJM9w

2:32 mark, you can see McGee on the bench pouting.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Nov 2008
Posts: 4447

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
epak wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
epak wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Javale is pouting. Just like he did last season when Zubac was getting minutes. Not a good look.


When? His post game interview seemed like he was about the winning?


It was most apparent in the Jazz game when he did not play in the second half. Shot of Dwight coming off the court and sitting next to him, he did not even acknowledge that DH was there.

I think Javale can play, I like his shot blocking, but I don't think he is really a big minute player. There were stories going around last season that Zu was traded because Javale was complaining to management about getting less minutes due to Zu's good play. I just want him to be fine with what ever role he is playing- DH seems to finally be at peace with his role and now I kinda see Javale being a bit of a prima dona like DH used to be.



https://youtu.be/Jcsr3esJM9w

2:32 mark, you can see McGee on the bench pouting.



_________________
"I donโ€™t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I donโ€™t play for your [expletive] approval."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2005
Posts: 10000
Location: Hoosier Nation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
TDRock wrote:
epak wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
epak wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Javale is pouting. Just like he did last season when Zubac was getting minutes. Not a good look.


When? His post game interview seemed like he was about the winning?


It was most apparent in the Jazz game when he did not play in the second half. Shot of Dwight coming off the court and sitting next to him, he did not even acknowledge that DH was there.

I think Javale can play, I like his shot blocking, but I don't think he is really a big minute player. There were stories going around last season that Zu was traded because Javale was complaining to management about getting less minutes due to Zu's good play. I just want him to be fine with what ever role he is playing- DH seems to finally be at peace with his role and now I kinda see Javale being a bit of a prima dona like DH used to be.



https://youtu.be/Jcsr3esJM9w

2:32 mark, you can see McGee on the bench pouting.




Waving the towel and cheering like a baby.
_________________
Not the real Elgin Baylor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 8187
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Player +/-
Dwight Howard 35
LeBron James 26
Danny Green 20
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope 16
Alex Caruso 15
Anthony Davis 13
Kostas Antetokounmpo 2
Quinn Cook 1
Troy Daniels -2
Zach Norvell -4
Avery Bradley -9
Jared Dudley -11
JaVale McGee -12

Link
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 35329
Location: 502 Bad Gateway

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject:

His energy has been very low. I had a bad feeling from the start when they gave him that 2-year deal. I'm guessing he was rewarded for waiting, so thanks again Kawhi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 34126

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
His energy has been very low. I had a bad feeling from the start when they gave him that 2-year deal. I'm guessing he was rewarded for waiting, so thanks again Kawhi.


What makes you say the energy is low?
_________________
๐Ÿ‘Š Los Angeles Lakers ๐Ÿ‘Š

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2009
Posts: 1280

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Send him to the bench
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 17497

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Dude doesn't have the stamina to be dependable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 10539

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Jesus his first 3 minutes decimated us this game
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Posts: 4170

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Dude doesn't have the stamina to be dependable.


Or the basketball IQ. He really isn't a good fit next to AD. He needs to be traded.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 36 of 42
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB