3pt Shooting - Do We have Enough???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
LBJ is going to be our post-presence.

He will be our Shaq

People saying we lost our small ball centers when we have the best small ball center in the world.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

Somewhere Brian Windhorst is crying on national tv saying “What are they doing? Lebron works best with 37 other shooters on the court!”

1) We do have shooting.
2) Rondo is a great signing due to Zo’s uncertainty.
3) We are the Anti-Cavs
4) Bron was serious about more playmakers Cleveland.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

Playmakers > Shooters when you are not the Warriors. Its called basketball, not horse.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
LBJ is going to be our post-presence.

He will be our Shaq

People saying we lost our small ball centers when we have the best small ball center in the world.

Lebron won’t be Shaq, and I’m not sure how long small ball will be a thing... But yes, Lebron can play the Draymond role better than anyone who’s ever existed. Except for maybe Magic, who also thrived at the 4 or 5 when needed.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
The thing is we don’t just lack shooters.
We also lack a post presence on either end.

LBJ has been feasting in the league of drive and kicks and spacing.
He may play even better being off the ball, or he may not. Either way he will be a star.

I’m concerned we don’t have the defense inside or the offense outside to get this team even on the Cavs level. I don’t wanna be negative but I see a 45 to 48 win team in a tougher West.

These are LBJs last few years in the league and when you get a guy like him you need to try and win a ring. Our roster building post LbJ hasn’t been towards that. But let’s see how it all plays out when they share the floor.

So Jimmy Butler can bring the t pups from 31 wins to 47 but Lebron can only get this 35 win team to 45?

They had Karl Anthony Towns, who is an all-star or made the jump. It is not like we have a player of the level of KAT who will be paired with another all-star like Jimmy.

I do think the Lakers need to temper expectations, this is a much tougher western conference, Lebron will be 34, and Lebron will not have the same supporting cast as in the past.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Car54 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
The thing is we don’t just lack shooters.
We also lack a post presence on either end.

LBJ has been feasting in the league of drive and kicks and spacing.
He may play even better being off the ball, or he may not. Either way he will be a star.

I’m concerned we don’t have the defense inside or the offense outside to get this team even on the Cavs level. I don’t wanna be negative but I see a 45 to 48 win team in a tougher West.

These are LBJs last few years in the league and when you get a guy like him you need to try and win a ring. Our roster building post LbJ hasn’t been towards that. But let’s see how it all plays out when they share the floor.

So Jimmy Butler can bring the t pups from 31 wins to 47 but Lebron can only get this 35 win team to 45?

They had Karl Anthony Towns, who is an all-star or made the jump. It is not like we have a player of the level of KAT who will be paired with another all-star like Jimmy.

I do think the Lakers need to temper expectations, this is a much tougher western conference, Lebron will be 34, and Lebron will not have the same supporting cast as in the past.

Karl Anthony Towns is one of the worst defenders in the NBA and Jimmy is a fraction of the player that Lebron is.

The supporting cast this season will be better than any Cleveland's supporting cast that Lebron has ever had and Lebron will yet again be the clear best player in the NBA by a good margin. This team will break 50 wins with no problems.
Lakeshoback
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:03 am    Post subject:

Hopefully we sign lopez I'll feel way more confident in this team his shooting & spacing is needed
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

We do have shooters. We don't need a bench full of Kyle Korvers. It's completely overstated about the need for shooters. Kuzma, Ingram, LeBron, KCP, and Hart can all shoot. Ball was an excellent shooter before coming into the league. Hell, Rondo who is a notoriously bad shooter actually shot 42% behind the arc last year even though he only shot like 2-3 times a game. I believe a lot of the younger guys will improve. How much remains to be seen. I love how the team is being constructed. Defensive-oriented, fast breaking type machine. Tons of playmakers and ball-movement. I would be saddened if it became an isolation and shoot the fade-away or the last second rushed pass to someone behind the arc. We'll see how it transpires. I have an optimistic outlook but I always do.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo is the wild card. I do think we could use another proven shooter coming off screens. Right now, KCP is pretty much it, and his %tile is basically average.

Damn, can't believe I'm talking myself into Melo.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Still can't believe guys like Ellington and Swaggy P are still out there and they signed Lance instead.

They've already face-planted by letting Brook go. At least get Frye, please.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Still can't believe guys like Ellington and Swaggy P are still out there and they signed Lance instead.

I know we don't trust rookies.
But I think Mo gets some PT.
If that's the case I don't mind losing Brook and Frye didn't look good last year.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Lonzo is the wild card. I do think we could use another proven shooter coming off screens. Right now, KCP is pretty much it, and his %tile is basically average.

I agree. Lonzo has to bring that shot this year.
That'll free up the offense in the half court.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Judah wrote:

If that's the case I don't mind losing Brook and Frye didn't look good last year.

He hasn’t shown it in the SL yet, but Mo was a pretty great transition player in college, so that should work well with our want to increase pace. If Svi can translate his shooting from SL to the nba, Svi gets minutes too. Possibly as a small ball 4, even, if we go really small.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
epak wrote:
Judah wrote:

He hasn’t shown it in the SL yet, but Mo was a pretty great transition player in college, so that should work well with our want to increase pace. If Svi can translate his shooting from SL to the nba, Svi gets minutes too. Possibly as a small ball 4, even, if we go really small.

Saw Mo in transition today.
One off a steal for a dunk.
And another where he got the alley oop on the break.
I'm not with you on Svi being a small ball 4 though.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Judah wrote:

lol I don't think Wagner will be able to impact games next year the way Brook would have. His shooting might translate, but Brook was the obvious choice if the goal this year is, well, winning. I can't tell if this is their best attempt at building around LeBron for this year or tanking.

I'm sorry, I don't intend to be a downer, but it really feels like I'm in the twilight zone reading so many posts here that are projecting this team as a contender, or even that the lack of shooting won't hurt much.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
epak wrote:
Judah wrote:

lol I don't think Wagner will be able to impact games next year the way Brook would have. His shooting might translate, but Brook was the obvious choice if the goal this year is, well, winning. I can't tell if this is their best attempt at building around LeBron for this year or tanking.

I'm sorry, I don't intend to be a downer, but it really feels like I'm in the twilight zone reading so many posts here that are projecting this team as a contender, or even that the lack of shooting won't hurt much.

I guess I ended up being down on Brook. I think he's a good center, but he needs touches in the paint to be at his optimal efficiency. And we saw last year, he won't get those touches in this system. And most likely he wouldn't have gotten those paint touches this year on this team.

I like that he was one of the best contesters on the team though. That'll be missed.

I'm not down on the shooting because I think LeBron's gravity will help increase some of our guys %s. That and the youngsters improving. I'd like to see the complete roster and see them compete before being down on them. So I'm all good with people being optimistic about the team.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Wagner will have a better 3 pt % than Brook, book it.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:10 am    Post subject:

Bring back the swaggy P
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:55 am    Post subject:

If Ball finds his groove at around 35% from three and Rondo shoots like he did last year (I don’t know the numbers but I watched a lot of games and he seemed to be a vastly improved shooter from his Boston days), this team's shooting is fine.

The only sub 33% three point shooters in the first and second unit will be McGee and possibly Ball and Rondo, but if I was a betting man I’d bet Ball and Rondo (comfortably) eclipse that mark as well.

I expect Ingram, Hart, Pope, Mykhailiuk, Kuzma, and James to be over 38% and Deng (or Anthony if the trade goes through like I expect) at around 35%

All this talk of needing shooters is because of the Stephenson signing. Period.

When people see that he’s a hired gun, a guy who is out of the rotation and only used to spark the team and crowd when the team has hit a lull, the entire lack of shooting narrative will die, as it should — it’s fugazi.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject:

Everybody was talking about LeBrons improved shot, so why not let Rondo and Lonzo handle the ball and let LeBron safe his energy for defense and spot up shooting He might like the idea of passing Kobe on the all time scoring list...
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:07 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

That’s not melo’s game. That was the problem for him in OKC last year. He wants ISO touches and didn’t perform well coming off screen or hitting corner 3’s. Plus Melo wants to start and you can’t sit LeBron, Ingram, KCP, Lonzo or even McGee for him.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
Wagner will have a better 3 pt % than Brook, book it.

I like Wagner on defense and rebounding too. He just needs strength and experience. I think after the AllStar break we can be really good. I expect Lonzo, Kuzma and Ingram to make improvements like Hart has. I also think Lonzo and Rondo will help make games easier for Mo and Svi. Those guys will have lots of open looks
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:17 am    Post subject:

Melo starting would be an awful decision, and it would scream the Lakers are bending over for James. Signing Stephenson and putting him at the end of the bench is one thing; he’d be an excellent 11th man anyway, but putting Melo in with the starters because he “won’t come off the bench” like he told Presti, would be deplorable.

Pretty sure I wouldn’t watch any more games until the playoffs if I had to witness that level of placation and (bleep) for 82 games.

No way Magic and Walton start Anthony unless he earns it ... at least I hope.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

That’s not melo’s game. That was the problem for him in OKC last year. He wants ISO touches and didn’t perform well coming off screen or hitting corner 3’s. Plus Melo wants to start and you can’t sit LeBron, Ingram, KCP, Lonzo or even McGee for him.

Yep. He was not great in catch and shoot last year. Which surprised me. It's like he needs to dribble to get rhythm.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Yep. He was not great in catch and shoot last year. Which surprised me. It's like he needs to dribble to get rhythm.

37% on catch and shoot threes, and 90th %tile off screens. He doesn't do it enough, maybe that's where Coach Lebron would get through to him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16
Jump to: