Legend of PLAYOFF RONDO (Woj: Trade to Cavs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 166, 167, 168  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, but Rondo is a great move. He played great last season and into the playoffs.

Folks don't all like him, fine. I welcome him. This team is going to be kind of crazy and fun at the same time.

As much as Randle was good last year. I did find myself yelling at the TV a lot at his massive turnovers and bad decision making.....
Capt.Skyhook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Rondo isn't here to play 15 minutes a night. This is beyond interesting. Not sure if this is good, but interesting.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject:

If Rondo can leave his Diva in NO he'll be a great asset. When motivated he's one of the best PG in the league. Magic's making some great moves.

JR was starting to grow on me. Sorry to see him go.

Magic's moves a making LG go Critical error

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lakers great32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

LakersMD wrote:
Don’t understand this signing - fit or capwise.

Do you remember playoff Rondo from last year ?Very solid signing I don't think we will be running LeBron in the ground with minutes like the Cavs did .
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bmr wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:
They renounced Randle to sign Rondo?

I have no idea how that makes sense.

Guard depth (Lonzo was injured a lot) vs. forward depth. It makes nothing but sense.

Yes get rid of a talented 22 year old so we could overpay a nearly washed up backup point guard.

Every non-Lebron signing has been utter garbage.

Guys - stop trippin'. These are all 1 year contracts! The big goal is next year's free agent class. Team needs to gel and get more experience anyways, hence Lebron's 4 year deal. Are we really going to be able to keep Randle anyways?

So let's sacrifice a year of development, Randle, and team chemistry to do what, exactly? We could have simply, you know, not signed these pathetic excuses for ballers, been patient, and gotten Kawhi next year.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

If I'm Magic and Luke Walton, once Rondo and Lance Stephenson officially sign, I'm telling these guys to lock themselves in the gym the rest of the summer to work on their 3-point shot.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

LakersMD wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
FYI Rondo averaged 10/7/12 on 41% shooting and 42% from 3.

Don’t see the 42% 3P.
He was 33% last season.

He's talking about playoff Rondo.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

If we bring in Tyreke Evans with all the others already in, I have to think we are moving 3 of them real soon for , dare I say it, KL?

Too many players at the 1/2/3/.... Something has to give? Perhaps just wishful thinking that all these signings are part of a future deal for KL....

Perhaps KUZ and two of these guys for KL?
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

I sort of like it, it's only 1 year, adds depth, and makes us a pretty deep squad in general. Randle didn't want to be here. We make up for that loss by grabbing Cousins. Houston has said they will match any offer for Capela, so that's unlikely however.

Once we add our two future studs, we have every position filled.

It's not that hard to add scorers, but we're adding playmakers, rebounders, and all around talent.

Again, it's only for a year, so it isn't a long term thing if it doesn't work out. But the way the team is currently constructed, I like the depth and I like the blend of youth and veteran leadership.

Plus we have guys who have won championships. I mean, that matters to, right?

Boogie is coming, we will ultimately get KL...we will be as deep as we can possibly be, with multiple scenarios and lineups to throw at teams.
lakerz32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

I really didn't want rondo for 9 million. but, assuming we keep lonzo, Lebron and rondo are two players I would love zo to learn from in terms of playmaking/basketball IQ
secund2nun
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Playoff Rondo is a beast and a complete player. Also he no longer sucks at shooting. He is a solid 3 point shooter now and has been for a few seasons.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

GTL wrote:
I sort of like it, it's only 1 year, adds depth, and makes us a pretty deep squad in general. Randle didn't want to be here. We make up for that loss by grabbing Cousins. Houston has said they will match any offer for Capela, so that's unlikely however.

It's not that hard to add scorers, but we're adding playmakers, rebounders, and all around talent.

Again, it's only for a year, so it isn't a long term thing if it doesn't work out. But the way the team is currently constructed, I like the depth and I like the blend of youth and veteran leadership.

Boogie is coming, we will ultimately get KL...we will be as deep as we can possibly be, with multiple scenarios and lineups to throw at teams.

Really? What makes you think so? Any news of late?
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Does this mean no Tyreke? I don't understand what's happening anymore.

That's what I was wondering. Maybe Tyreke wanted more than one year?

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

Thank goodness these deals are only for 1 year.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

where24happens wrote:
Bmr wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:
They renounced Randle to sign Rondo?

I have no idea how that makes sense.

Guard depth (Lonzo was injured a lot) vs. forward depth. It makes nothing but sense.

Yes get rid of a talented 22 year old so we could overpay a nearly washed up backup point guard.

Every non-Lebron signing has been utter garbage.

Guys - stop trippin'. These are all 1 year contracts! The big goal is next year's free agent class. Team needs to gel and get more experience anyways, hence Lebron's 4 year deal. Are we really going to be able to keep Randle anyways?

Yes we could've kept Randle. He had no offers, he was a restricted free agent, we could've gotten him on a very reasonable deal probably

We could have gotten him on a bargain, very moveable contract. Use him in a Kawhi trade. Use him to get assets.

Instead you just let him walk so you could overpay a guy who would have been lucky to get half that anywhere else.
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Magic just didn't want to pay him. Julius busted his ass for this team, so much so that he told all of the other young players to do what Randle did. Young Lakers, this is what you have to look forward to.
cusu32000
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Love the Rondo signing. He's smart. And he's great at creating shots. He can relieve Lebron of a lot of pressure and energy consuming ball handling. Everybody seems to be asking how can Rondo play with Lebron if he can't shoot. But Rondo can run the 2nd unit really well. And what if Rondo and Lebron play a lot of minutes together with Rondo as the primary ball handler? Lebron can be the shooter on the receiving end. It doesn't have to be Rondo receiving passes from Lebron.

And it's just a 1 year deal, which is most important.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:

I'm sure another season of dirty looks at the coach every time Lebron, Kuzma, or Ingram checked in for him was really appealing to them...

Last edited by greenfrog on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

JPaulK0n wrote:
FYI Rondo averaged 10/7/12 on 41% shooting and 42% from 3. He's good insurance for Lonzo with his injuries and always steps up and plays great in the playoffs, which the Lakers will need. Also, seems to be true that LeBron wants to play more off-ball with the Lakers, makes sense with Lonzo & Rondo that can take some pressure off of him always having the ball.

Playoff Rondo is a beast. In his last 13 playoff games he's avg:

10.4 PPG/10.5 APG/6.4 RPG/1.5 SPG on 42/33/67 shooting
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

FreakofNature wrote:
GTL wrote:

Really? What makes you think so? Any news of late?

All signs point to it, with David Aldridge basically tweeting about 20 minutes ago that the current Laker moves indicate that he's going to become a Laker.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Mege wrote:
Magic just didn't want to pay him. Julius busted his ass for this team, so much so that he told all of the other young players to do what Randle did. Young Lakers, this is what you have to look forward to.

Yeah, he busted his ass so much that he’s still a terrible jump shooter after 4 years in the NBA.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
FYI Rondo averaged 10/7/12 on 41% shooting and 42% from 3. He's good insurance for Lonzo with his injuries and always steps up and plays great in the playoffs, which the Lakers will need. Also, seems to be true that LeBron wants to play more off-ball with the Lakers, makes sense with Lonzo & Rondo that can take some pressure off of him always having the ball.

Playoff Rondo is a beast. In his last 13 playoff games he's avg:

10.4 PPG/10.5 APG/6.4 RPG/1.5 SPG on 42/33/67 shooting

Rondo won't do that over a season. Rondo can do that in the playoffs where he can better control the pace because the game slows down, and because you're playing the same team up to 7 times. He's smart enough to figure what works.

This isn't a great signing.
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Boogie isn't (bleep) coming we've got like 5 million left in cap space cause we just gave Rondo 9 million for some (bleep) reason.

This is the team they're building for better or worse. I'm more confused Lebron was down for all of this presumably.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

Megaton wrote:
Mege wrote:

Yeah, he busted his ass so much that he’s still a terrible jump shooter after 4 years in the NBA.

Whats the case with Rondo?
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
Boogie isn't (bleep) coming we've got like 5 million left in cap space cause we just gave Rondo 9 million for some (bleep) reason.

This is the team they're building for better or worse. I'm more confused Lebron was down for all of this presumably.

No bleep. Christ, DA is a joke.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 166, 167, 168  Next
Page 5 of 168
Jump to: