RAJON RONDO Thread (Trolling the Opposition; p.42)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 1406

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject:

Fully endorse Rondo as the Grandmaster of this team. Teach em all the tricks, RR. This game has always been mental exercise. We need to learn to control the game within the game; Prof Rajon has reached a different level.
_________________
🌮 WE 🌮 WANT 🌮 TACOS 🌮
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
laker50
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Posts: 1342

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject:

Rondo is a great playmaker as you saw on the court. He is a step ahead.
But he has lost a step on defense and is not tall.
In defense Lonzo will be an upgrade.
If Lonzo can learn the trade from Rondo and learn to pass like him it will be great.
It is the mental part as Lonzo is a great talent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 17510
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject:

^yup. Agree on all counts.

Rondo is looking like an EXCELLENT match for this team's needs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Jun 2008
Posts: 251
Location: Boston, MA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject:

It's so weird seeing Rondo in Laker colors.

Good to see some conversation about former Celtics Rick Fox and Brian Shaw. I thought Rick Fox was the best player on the team after Reggie Lewis and I was a fan of Brian Shaw along with Dee Brown.

Unfortunately we couldn't hold on to either Fox or Shaw so after we lost them, I stopped watching the Celtics for a few years.

I admit I also kind of rooted for them when they went to the Lakers.
_________________
"Larry, you only told me one lie. You said there will be another Larry Bird. Larry, there will never, ever be another Larry Bird." — Magic Johnson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 17510
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:48 am    Post subject:

I hope both Rondo and Lonzo stay healthy all season.

If one of them goes down, I'm not nearly as down on Caruso as I was on Ennis. Alex is a big step down from Lonzo or Rondo, but he does fight for it on defense and occasionally makes some good plays when he's out there. I like his effort level. 2 way contract is fitting for both him and Travis Wear IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
1ngr4m
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Dec 2011
Posts: 5281

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

My favorite player in the preseason, glad we picked him up.
_________________
Did Jordan Clarkson think Metta's 3 at the end was going in? "I don't know. He was shaking like a stripper in the corner."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pokoy
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 14106

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
My favorite player in the preseason, glad we picked him up.


Same. I love this guy already.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ShowtimeReturns
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Oct 2017
Posts: 259

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Can't wait till he leads the 2nd unit


It may be Lonzo leading the second unit the way Rondo's playing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 5008

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
epak wrote:
Can't wait till he leads the 2nd unit


It may be Lonzo leading the second unit the way Rondo's playing


Either way helps immensely. I can’t watch them to play together especially with LeBron. Teams won’t be able to keep up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 20710
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
My favorite player in the preseason, glad we picked him up.


Same. I love this guy already.


I wonder how different our team would have looked if we had Rondo on the 2012 team as opposed to Ramon Sessions.. but he was still very good that time so unlikely we could have gotten him.


Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 15937

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
epak wrote:
Can't wait till he leads the 2nd unit


It may be Lonzo leading the second unit the way Rondo's playing

The defense and rebounding just isn't there from Rondo like it will be from a healthy Zo.
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 20710
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
epak wrote:
Can't wait till he leads the 2nd unit


It may be Lonzo leading the second unit the way Rondo's playing

The defense and rebounding just isn't there from Rondo like it will be from a healthy Zo.


Do you trust him in crunch time over Rondo?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 15937

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
epak wrote:
Can't wait till he leads the 2nd unit


It may be Lonzo leading the second unit the way Rondo's playing

The defense and rebounding just isn't there from Rondo like it will be from a healthy Zo.


Do you trust him in crunch time over Rondo?

I have no reason not to at this point.
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 128003
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
epak wrote:
Can't wait till he leads the 2nd unit


It may be Lonzo leading the second unit the way Rondo's playing

The defense and rebounding just isn't there from Rondo like it will be from a healthy Zo.


Do you trust him in crunch time over Rondo?


Unless one shows that they can hit FTs, I wouldn’t trust either.
_________________
It’s a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 10511

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pokoy wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
My favorite player in the preseason, glad we picked him up.


Same. I love this guy already.


I wonder how different our team would have looked if we had Rondo on the 2012 team as opposed to Ramon Sessions.. but he was still very good that time so unlikely we could have gotten him.


I've wanted him even after 2015 when he quit on the Mavs. He would have been a perfect mentor for alot of dumb players like Clarkson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 20710
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
epak wrote:
Can't wait till he leads the 2nd unit


It may be Lonzo leading the second unit the way Rondo's playing

The defense and rebounding just isn't there from Rondo like it will be from a healthy Zo.


Do you trust him in crunch time over Rondo?


Unless one shows that they can hit FTs, I wouldn’t trust either.


Rondo has credibility in crunch time, he’s known to make big plays and make big shots, Lonzo will eventually get there, if we need to get a lot of wins I’m not sure if Zo can come through right now but I would love to be wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 20710
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pokoy wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
My favorite player in the preseason, glad we picked him up.


Same. I love this guy already.


I wonder how different our team would have looked if we had Rondo on the 2012 team as opposed to Ramon Sessions.. but he was still very good that time so unlikely we could have gotten him.


I've wanted him even after 2015 when he quit on the Mavs. He would have been a perfect mentor for alot of dumb players like Clarkson.


Not only thing but if you have a Legend like Kobe prasing his game and mentality then we should trust what he says.. fans need to appreciate him especially after we saw guys like Ennis/Ronnie Price/Huertas in recent years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2003
Posts: 16511

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
epak wrote:
Can't wait till he leads the 2nd unit


It may be Lonzo leading the second unit the way Rondo's playing


Rondo has looked fantastic playing with the 1st unit alongside Lebron and BI. I was worried that he'd be too ball dominant, but that hasn't been the case. However, with so many guys on our 2nd unit who are looking to get their own shot (Kuz, Lance, Beas), I think it's important to have a true floor general out there with them. Remember that the great plays in transition, the quick decisions in halfcourt sets - those are all things that Lonzo can do as well. Lonzo is still learning to properly run a halfcourt offense, but when the real season starts, we know that the halfcourt offense for the 1st unit is going to run through Lebron. I also think that playing next to Lebron will really unlock Lonzo's off-ball game on the offensive end.

I have no problem with Rondo finishing games at the expense of Lonzo, but I think it's important for Lonzo to start alongside Lebron and for Rondo to run the 2nd unit and keep them disciplined.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 15937

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
epak wrote:
Can't wait till he leads the 2nd unit


It may be Lonzo leading the second unit the way Rondo's playing

The defense and rebounding just isn't there from Rondo like it will be from a healthy Zo.


Do you trust him in crunch time over Rondo?


Unless one shows that they can hit FTs, I wouldn’t trust either.


Rondo has credibility in crunch time, he’s known to make big plays and make big shots, Lonzo will eventually get there, if we need to get a lot of wins I’m not sure if Zo can come through right now but I would love to be wrong.

That's silly. Go check out last year's OT game against the Wizards in Staples or against the Spurs in San Antonio. He should've gotten the Lakers the win against Portland in Staples, but the stupid refs didn't call a blatant foul by Zach Collins on. Lonzo three attempt. Hell, we saw him create what became Ingram's game winning shot against the Sixers in Philly. Do you not remember those plays?

He's failed in crunch time, as well, but every player does occasionally even Kobe and Lebron. But he also had enough impressive crunch time showings as a 20-year-old rookie PG that I think he deserves more than a few chances to step up in crunch time of close games during the regular season. Don't you?
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 6125

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

I would put Rondo with the first unit and Lonzo with the second not because I don't think Zo is starter quality, but because I think he'd have more patience with the bonehead moves that KCP, Lance, and Kuzma might make.

But I'd like to see them play together a lot as well... especially if Lonzo has his shot back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 1522

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

I see our guards as pairs and think Luke is doing the same.

I envision Rondo playing with Hart & Lonzo with KCP. Both pairs can start, but it is looking like Rondo & Hart make more sense. What I don't look with good eyes is Lonzo and Hart starting; too many young fellas in that starting lineup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2003
Posts: 16511

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I would put Rondo with the first unit and Lonzo with the second not because I don't think Zo is starter quality, but because I think he'd have more patience with the bonehead moves that KCP, Lance, and Kuzma might make.

But I'd like to see them play together a lot as well... especially if Lonzo has his shot back.


I hear what you're saying, but I think Rondo has the ability to steer the 2nd unit away from its iso tendencies in a way that Zo can't at this point in his career.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 20710
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
epak wrote:
Can't wait till he leads the 2nd unit


It may be Lonzo leading the second unit the way Rondo's playing

The defense and rebounding just isn't there from Rondo like it will be from a healthy Zo.


Do you trust him in crunch time over Rondo?


Unless one shows that they can hit FTs, I wouldn’t trust either.


Rondo has credibility in crunch time, he’s known to make big plays and make big shots, Lonzo will eventually get there, if we need to get a lot of wins I’m not sure if Zo can come through right now but I would love to be wrong.

That's silly. Go check out last year's OT game against the Wizards in Staples or against the Spurs in San Antonio. He should've gotten the Lakers the win against Portland in Staples, but the stupid refs didn't call a blatant foul by Zach Collins on. Lonzo three attempt. Hell, we saw him create what became Ingram's game winning shot against the Sixers in Philly. Do you not remember those plays?

He's failed in crunch time, as well, but every player does occasionally even Kobe and Lebron. But he also had enough impressive crunch time showings as a 20-year-old rookie PG that I think he deserves more than a few chances to step up in crunch time of close games during the regular season. Don't you?


Yeah I remember, but we know Rondo has done it in winning situations but it’s good to have 2 PGs who can potentially come through for the team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Posts: 1459

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
I would put Rondo with the first unit and Lonzo with the second not because I don't think Zo is starter quality, but because I think he'd have more patience with the bonehead moves that KCP, Lance, and Kuzma might make.

But I'd like to see them play together a lot as well... especially if Lonzo has his shot back.


I hear what you're saying, but I think Rondo has the ability to steer the 2nd unit away from its iso tendencies in a way that Zo can't at this point in his career.


Agree 100%
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 15937

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
epak wrote:
Can't wait till he leads the 2nd unit


It may be Lonzo leading the second unit the way Rondo's playing

The defense and rebounding just isn't there from Rondo like it will be from a healthy Zo.


Do you trust him in crunch time over Rondo?


Unless one shows that they can hit FTs, I wouldn’t trust either.


Rondo has credibility in crunch time, he’s known to make big plays and make big shots, Lonzo will eventually get there, if we need to get a lot of wins I’m not sure if Zo can come through right now but I would love to be wrong.

That's silly. Go check out last year's OT game against the Wizards in Staples or against the Spurs in San Antonio. He should've gotten the Lakers the win against Portland in Staples, but the stupid refs didn't call a blatant foul by Zach Collins on. Lonzo three attempt. Hell, we saw him create what became Ingram's game winning shot against the Sixers in Philly. Do you not remember those plays?

He's failed in crunch time, as well, but every player does occasionally even Kobe and Lebron. But he also had enough impressive crunch time showings as a 20-year-old rookie PG that I think he deserves more than a few chances to step up in crunch time of close games during the regular season. Don't you?


Yeah I remember, but we know Rondo has done it in winning situations but it’s good to have 2 PGs who can potentially come through for the team.

But the goal is to see if Lonzo can do it with Lebron, otherwise the Lakers have to move on. Because if Lonzo does it, that's great, since he's 21 and could be a Laker for at least the next decade. Rondo's on the decline and might not be in the NBA in three years.
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 43 of 47
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB