Legend of PLAYOFF RONDO (Woj: Trade to Cavs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 166, 167, 168  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
What I took away from all that is we should've signed Cousins or Dwight...

Which is what I've been saying over and over to no avail.

GSW was there for the taking. Still is because our bench was stronger... but we made the task harder by letting them sign Boogie... and then by not signing Dwight. Will even be more difficult if we don't sign Brook.

My biggest worry is that they won this year playing like chokers.

The other teams just choked worse.

Now that they've won a few times... they will continue to relax like LeBron has over time... and could actually play well next playoffs.

If GSW plays well... yes, we probably can't beat them. They are due for a playoffs where they don't hang on by the skin of their teeth and just steamroll everyone.

But if we can use a platoon system... rotate Lonzo and Rondo even Lance to wear out Curry. rotate KCP and Hart on Klay. Put Ingram and Kuzma on KD... LBJ on Draymond... McGee/Moe maybe Brook on Boogie... we can wear them out by committee.

This plan sounds less absurd if we had someone like Dwight/DAJ/Capela... but still... at the smaller positons we can play 20 minutes at full intensity to their 35 minutes... without near the drop off in quality.

The key with GSW... is to steal the first game. Then the pressure of choking would creep back into their heads... then they might start missing shots again like they did many times in the past.

The task is hard... but by no means impossible.

TLDR... GSW is beatable.

I actually think we would see alot of Lance on Curry and Rondo and or Lonzo on Klay. Lance can pester Curry like Delly did, and Lance is much bigger then Curry.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
What I took away from all that is we should've signed Cousins or Dwight...

Which is what I've been saying over and over to no avail.

GSW was there for the taking. Still is because our bench was stronger... but we made the task harder by letting them sign Boogie... and then by not signing Dwight. Will even be more difficult if we don't sign Brook.

My biggest worry is that they won this year playing like chokers.

The other teams just choked worse.

Now that they've won a few times... they will continue to relax like LeBron has over time... and could actually play well next playoffs.

If GSW plays well... yes, we probably can't beat them. They are due for a playoffs where they don't hang on by the skin of their teeth and just steamroll everyone.

But if we can use a platoon system... rotate Lonzo and Rondo even Lance to wear out Curry. rotate KCP and Hart on Klay. Put Ingram and Kuzma on KD... LBJ on Draymond... McGee/Moe maybe Brook on Boogie... we can wear them out by committee.

This plan sounds less absurd if we had someone like Dwight/DAJ/Capela... but still... at the smaller positons we can play 20 minutes at full intensity to their 35 minutes... without near the drop off in quality.

The key with GSW... is to steal the first game. Then the pressure of choking would creep back into their heads... then they might start missing shots again like they did many times in the past.

The task is hard... but by no means impossible.

TLDR... GSW is beatable.

I actually think we would see alot of Lance on Curry and Rondo and or Lonzo on Klay. Lance can pester Curry like Delly did, and Lance is much bigger then Curry.

Lance shouldn’t be on Curry his antics of falling wouldnt work because Curry isn’t strong enough. You put him on Klay and Draymond to take them out of the game.
Lance defending Draymond will also take away their lead orchestrator forcing Curry to do that.

KCP is the guy you put on curry. Rondo will work him on the top offensive end and tire him out. KD is gonna get his points but he’s not gonna run their offense. Plus he’s gonna have to defend at least two of the 3 guys Lebron Ingram and Kuzma
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
I respect all of you, but it’s funny as hell how an interview or two can change some of you all’s opinion of Rondo.

Just shows how misinformed and blind some of us are.

Still waiting for that first post from Baron after he realizes he was wrong about Rondo. Like many, after hearing his interviews, he too is probably questioning his lambasting of the Rondo signing after hearing the inner workings of Rondo’s mind and sensing the type of immeasurable intangibles that Rondo will add to the team.

Truth is, we’re all guilty of being wrong, and we’re all guilty of not being able to see or understand how pieces will fit until the hazy picture becomes more defined.

Some see and/or understand things quickly, some don’t.

👍🏿

Certain posters on here only look at advanced stats without actually watching the player play. They base their entire analysis of a player off of all encompassing advanced stats like RPM. A stat that the formula isn't available for the public and is created by a person who has bias for what they wanted to put value on to.

Best way to evaluate a player and how they fit for a team is to watch them play and to look at their Synergy data. All encompassing stats like RPM and WS/48 should only be used to back up what you already have seen.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Judah wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Have yet to watch any interviews in full... but what I have read so far... I really like this signing now.

This guy takes the game probably more serious than Lebron... guaranteed the youngsters will mature both on and off the court this year. No more BS twitter/IG roasting and all that other nonsense.

I have a feeling Kuzma and Ball are going to have targets on their backs (Ball came into the L with one) so the vets we signed are going to help add some much needed toughness.

Circle your calendars for the Clips and Nuggets games.

...you say that on the basis of what?

Now that LeBron is a Laker, I guess I'm going to have to adjust to people taking random, petty shots at him for no real reason out of nowhere, as you just did. Still, it would be nice if people would just let go of whatever personal disdain they've had for him throughout his career since he's a Laker now. What's sad is that I don't even think leading the Lakers to at least one title will change that. Ironically enough, Kobe welcomed him to the family as soon as it became official.

I only meant as far as dancing around and silly antics on the court. Wasn't meant to be a slight at all tbh... moreso a credit to Rondo.

"Now that LeBron is a Laker, I guess I'm going to have to adjust to people taking random, petty shots at him for no real reason.."
Looks like you've ALREADY adjusted quite well... any hint of even a perceived slight and you were quick to jump up to defend your King. Please, bro....

My king? The only King I have is the only King there is, which is Jesus. I'm not some LeBron stan. I'm just one of the seemingly few Laker fans who doesn't have this weird, irrational hatred towards him that seems to be the lifeline of a lot of posts, even now that he's a Laker. I unfairly assumed something about you. Fair enough. I apologize for that. You assumed something about me too. No big deal. It happens. *shrugs*
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
I'm no expert on Rondo, but he looked great in the playoffs. I think he is a very solid player, and a much better fit than IT, for instance. IT is amazing and dear to my heart as 5'8" person, but he disrupts the whole offense (and defense).

I do like the Rondo signing for certain reasons. But my biggest worry is that Luke will probably have to avoid playing Lonzo and Rondo together since both are poor shooters. Lonzo and IT were a good combo on the floor together because their skillsets were complimentary. Remember when the Lakers would sag off of Rondo in the Finals because he wasn't a threat from distance? Remember when GS did the same thing in the playoffs against Tony Allen in 2015? Imagine having those two on the floor at the same time. Brutal. And then when you throw Lance (who shot even worse than both of them last year) into the equation you've got a real disaster on your hands. A lineup that has any two of Lonzo/Rondo/Lance is going to be easy to guard, even with LeBron on the floor. Defenses won't hesitate to double him if he has two of those three out there with him. I'm not sure how that could be overcome, especially in a playoff series where your weaknesses will be under a magnifying glass.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D2sxQ7V5mUo
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
I respect all of you, but it’s funny as hell how an interview or two can change some of you all’s opinion of Rondo.

Just shows how misinformed and blind some of us are.

Still waiting for that first post from Baron after he realizes he was wrong about Rondo. Like many, after hearing his interviews, he too is probably questioning his lambasting of the Rondo signing after hearing the inner workings of Rondo’s mind and sensing the type of immeasurable intangibles that Rondo will add to the team.

Truth is, we’re all guilty of being wrong, and we’re all guilty of not being able to see or understand how pieces will fit until the hazy picture becomes more defined.

Some see and/or understand things quickly, some don’t.

👍🏿

Certain posters on here only look at advanced stats without actually watching the player play. They base their entire analysis of a player off of all encompassing advanced stats like RPM. A stat that the formula isn't available for the public and is created by a person who has bias for what they wanted to put value on to.

Best way to evaluate a player and how they fit for a team is to watch them play and to look at their Synergy data. All encompassing stats like RPM and WS/48 should only be used to back up what you already have seen.

Exactly. This is the whole reason for fights on DLo. Too many idiots just look at advanced stats without taking a step back and watch games and use common sense. So far the regular people have been proved right and advanced stats guys wrong. Not saying advanced stats guys are 100% wrong but you need to first build a baseline with the eye test then use advanced stats to break ties. Nothing more than that.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
mookielala wrote:
I'm no expert on Rondo, but he looked great in the playoffs. I think he is a very solid player, and a much better fit than IT, for instance. IT is amazing and dear to my heart as 5'8" person, but he disrupts the whole offense (and defense).

I do like the Rondo signing for certain reasons. But my biggest worry is that Luke will probably have to avoid playing Lonzo and Rondo together since both are poor shooters. Lonzo and IT were a good combo on the floor together because their skillsets were complimentary. Remember when the Lakers would sag off of Rondo in the Finals because he wasn't a threat from distance? Remember when GS did the same thing in the playoffs against Tony Allen in 2015? Imagine having those two on the floor at the same time. Brutal. And then when you throw Lance (who shot even worse than both of them last year) into the equation you've got a real disaster on your hands. A lineup that has any two of Lonzo/Rondo/Lance is going to be easy to guard, even with LeBron on the floor. Defenses won't hesitate to double him if he has two of those three out there with him. I'm not sure how that could be overcome, especially in a playoff series where your weaknesses will be under a magnifying glass.
I can't argue with that. But hopefully Zo finds his shot this year. He's going to have a lot of opportunities.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

mookielala wrote:
Judah wrote:
mookielala wrote:

I can't argue with that. But hopefully Zo finds his shot this year. He's going to have a lot of opportunities.

Rondo has improved his shot and if Lonzo can shoot 35% this season we can play him at SG and have the best passing team ever to counter the warriors' shooting.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

When you watch that video and then this video
you can see how LA Bron can be successful with his current teammates and team system. Teams can load up on Lebron when Ingram has the ball take a look at these passes by Ingram Kuzma and Ball and where they're getting the ball at. These are the spots Lebron was catching at.
i can't wait.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

you can see how LA Bron can be successful with his current teammates and team system. Teams can load up on Lebron when Ingram has the ball take a look at these passes by Ingram Kuzma and Ball and where they're getting the ball at. These are the spots Lebron was catching at.
i can't wait.

I remember that game, it was a good game showed Bron what our youth can do.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

i can't wait.

When you combine all that with the fact that we'll have to be a fast break team with the addition of Lebron and Rondo, our potential is scary if it all comes together in time.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject:

LeBron has never been on a team that was top 12 in fast breaks, only a one or two times have his teams cracked top 15. You think he will have his fastest playing style of his life at this age?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LeBron has never been on a team that was top 12 in fast breaks, only a one or two times have his teams cracked top 15. You think he will have his fastest playing style of his life at this age?

I feel like there's really not much difference between the 5th highest pace and the 25th highest pace. all teams run, because the majority of their competition is running
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

i can't wait.

When you combine all that with the fact that we'll have to be a fast break team with the addition of Lebron and Rondo, our potential is scary if it all comes together in time.

I remember that game in Cleveland, great ball movement and we almost won. I'd imagine with the reports of wanting to play Bron more off ball, and have him at the 4, he'd essentially be replacing Randle's role from last year which would be incredible for us.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I feel like there's really not much difference between the 5th highest pace and the 25th highest pace. all teams run, because the majority of their competition is running

^^^^This
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I'm not sure exactly how pace is calculated, but I think this year with LeBron we'll run just as much, but when there isn't an advantage, we'll be more deliberate with our half court possessions, hopefully with a fair amount of passing and James often creating an advantage.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I'm not sure exactly how pace is calculated, but I think this year with LeBron we'll run just as much, but when there isn't an advantage, we'll be more deliberate with our half court possessions, hopefully with a fair amount of passing and James often creating an advantage.

Fast break stats are different than pace, but either way, LeBron has never been on a top team in either.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject:

More pace = more possessions.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

Travis Bickle wrote:
32 wrote:
Sorry if the video has been posted. Good interview.

Quote:
🎥: @RajonRondo sits down to talk about joining the Lakers, and what his expectations are for the upcoming season

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1015344244230217733

Loved it that he said about can't beat the warriors by out shooting them. Muck up the game and the warriors will fold.

Could it be that Rondo's bi-polar? These interviews don't sound like a guy who would respond after an awesome AD game with, "What you want me to do, suck him off?" LOL!
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Judah wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
Have yet to watch any interviews in full... but what I have read so far... I really like this signing now.

This guy takes the game probably more serious than Lebron... guaranteed the youngsters will mature both on and off the court this year. No more BS twitter/IG roasting and all that other nonsense.

I have a feeling Kuzma and Ball are going to have targets on their backs (Ball came into the L with one) so the vets we signed are going to help add some much needed toughness.

Circle your calendars for the Clips and Nuggets games.

...you say that on the basis of what?

Now that LeBron is a Laker, I guess I'm going to have to adjust to people taking random, petty shots at him for no real reason out of nowhere, as you just did. Still, it would be nice if people would just let go of whatever personal disdain they've had for him throughout his career since he's a Laker now. What's sad is that I don't even think leading the Lakers to at least one title will change that. Ironically enough, Kobe welcomed him to the family as soon as it became official.

I only meant as far as dancing around and silly antics on the court. Wasn't meant to be a slight at all tbh... moreso a credit to Rondo.

"Now that LeBron is a Laker, I guess I'm going to have to adjust to people taking random, petty shots at him for no real reason.."
Looks like you've ALREADY adjusted quite well... any hint of even a perceived slight and you were quick to jump up to defend your King. Please, bro....

My king? The only King I have is the only King there is, which is Jesus. I'm not some LeBron stan. I'm just one of the seemingly few Laker fans who doesn't have this weird, irrational hatred towards him that seems to be the lifeline of a lot of posts, even now that he's a Laker. I unfairly assumed something about you. Fair enough. I apologize for that. You assumed something about me too. No big deal. It happens. *shrugs*

Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/1016810539622625281?s=21

Quote:
Pelinka shared this about Rajon Rondo:

“The first day when Rondo came, the first thing he did is ask, ‘Where’s your film guy.’ He had him pull film on every single player on our roster so he could start to study their tendencies.’”

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:

“The first day when Rondo came, the first thing he did is ask, ‘Where’s your film guy.’ He had him pull film on every single player on our roster so he could start to study their tendencies.’”

I love this. And everybody was so excited when we heard Lonzo is watching film an hour a week with Magic
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:

Awesome stuff! I’ve always liked Rondo (not really, just when he became a Laker)
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Quote:

Awesome stuff! I’ve always liked Rondo (not really, just when he became a Laker)

I've liked Rondo ever since he got to Chicago.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 166, 167, 168  Next
Page 29 of 168
Jump to: